Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Colback Red? 18:28 - Sep 16 with 7851 viewsRed_Ranger

Was it? Wasn't it? From where I was , yellow
Colback Red? on 23:04 - Sep 16 with 2182 viewsHantsR

ROD-NEE said it should have been a yellow
Colback Red? on 23:16 - Sep 16 with 2142 viewsbosh67

I have seen it 3 or 4 times now and overall it was a yellow, mainly because I don't think he is out of control, the is no malice in it and he catches the player on the foot with both his and the other player's foot grounded.

I can see why the ref would have produced the red though. It looks a lot worse than it was. That's not to say it wasn't late and it didn't hurt, it was late and it obviously hurt. On the other hand I remember an almost identical tackle made on Adel a number of years ago that produced a straight red, again because on first look it seemed the right call, but again it was late and without malice.

I suspect we won't appeal it because He missed the ball and caught the player's foot.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Colback Red? on 03:37 - Sep 17 with 1997 viewsHAYESBOY

Is that a one game ban or three? Presume its one.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Colback Red? on 03:46 - Sep 17 with 1989 viewsSydneyRs

Yellow for me but they get given and we would take it the other way. Panics when he realises the Sunderland player is there and lunges for the ball, not intentional.

I went to bed just after we scored in a good mood. Had I stayed up another couple of mins this would not have been the case.

One of those days. Perfect gift for Sunderland after going 1-0 down and then they score deep into first half injury time which was also perfect for them. Also with the heat the worst possible day to go down to ten early doors.
Colback Red? on 05:17 - Sep 17 with 1951 viewsahoz

From the other side of the world looked a yellow to me and the ref got talked into it by the Sland players, but respect the view of fans at the game who were much closer.
But then I'm not a fan of the red card rule anyway, it ruins games, reporting a player to a tribunal makes more sense
Colback Red? on 06:15 - Sep 17 with 1926 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Colback Red? on 05:17 - Sep 17 by ahoz

From the other side of the world looked a yellow to me and the ref got talked into it by the Sland players, but respect the view of fans at the game who were much closer.
But then I'm not a fan of the red card rule anyway, it ruins games, reporting a player to a tribunal makes more sense

What?

So, early doors I get my 'reducer' in on JCS with a Roy Keane lunge on Haaland style attack. I follow this up five minutes later with a Dean Saunders style career ender on Willock. Still roaming freely and keen to get one in before the break, I do a Gavin Maguire on Kakay and in the resulting melee, I throw an Impeyesque haymaker and knockout Field.

Halftime comes, the Rfosi are somewhat animated, and I decide to silence them with a Cantona kung-fu kick on one of your supporters in a wheelchair.

Unashamed, I'm coming out for the second half, and the ref politely asks me to relax a bit, and maybe cut down - not completely out - the GBH stuff as QPR are worried about the health and safety of their remaining players. I promptly do a Di Canio on him, and in a Gattuso style, I seek to have it out with Dobbo...and still no red?!!

Total guess: bet you must have loved the Hunger Games.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2023 8:02]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Colback Red? on 08:56 - Sep 17 with 1813 viewsWatford_Ranger

Colback Red? on 05:17 - Sep 17 by ahoz

I think the circumstances of the match at that time had quite a big influence. Their players/bench were overreacting hugely to some perceived injustices for 10 mins or so building up to it. Nice young Bellingham boy gets chopped by nasty old pro.

But Colback has to be smarter. Hack someone down if they’re bearing down on goal but on the halfway line at 1-0 after 25 mins it was just dumb.

Still think we see yellow more often than not for that same challenge.
Colback Red? on 08:57 - Sep 17 with 1802 viewsWatford_Ranger

Colback Red? on 03:37 - Sep 17 by HAYESBOY

Three I believe.
Login to get fewer ads

Colback Red? on 10:15 - Sep 17 with 1694 viewssafcinpeace

Colback Red? on 08:56 - Sep 17 by Watford_Ranger

I think the circumstances of the match at that time had quite a big influence. Their players/bench were overreacting hugely to some perceived injustices for 10 mins or so building up to it. Nice young Bellingham boy gets chopped by nasty old pro.

But Colback has to be smarter. Hack someone down if they’re bearing down on goal but on the halfway line at 1-0 after 25 mins it was just dumb.

Still think we see yellow more often than not for that same challenge.

This is the angle the ref had, so I clear red.
Colback Red? on 10:18 - Sep 17 with 1685 viewsWatford_Ranger

Colback Red? on 10:15 - Sep 17 by safcinpeace

Yes. Doesn’t change anything I said.
Colback Red? on 10:21 - Sep 17 with 1661 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Colback Red? on 10:15 - Sep 17 by safcinpeace

He was a very tall ref.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Colback Red? on 10:22 - Sep 17 with 1651 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Colback Red? on 06:15 - Sep 17 by PlanetHonneywood

What?

So, early doors I get my 'reducer' in on JCS with a Roy Keane lunge on Haaland style attack. I follow this up five minutes later with a Dean Saunders style career ender on Willock. Still roaming freely and keen to get one in before the break, I do a Gavin Maguire on Kakay and in the resulting melee, I throw an Impeyesque haymaker and knockout Field.

Halftime comes, the Rfosi are somewhat animated, and I decide to silence them with a Cantona kung-fu kick on one of your supporters in a wheelchair.

Unashamed, I'm coming out for the second half, and the ref politely asks me to relax a bit, and maybe cut down - not completely out - the GBH stuff as QPR are worried about the health and safety of their remaining players. I promptly do a Di Canio on him, and in a Gattuso style, I seek to have it out with Dobbo...and still no red?!!

Total guess: bet you must have loved the Hunger Games.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2023 8:02]

Willock has ended his own career already to be fair.
Colback Red? on 16:09 - Sep 17 with 1429 viewsmart_Goblin

From first viewing it was a red, especially with the amount the Sunderland players were moaning and crying …but after seeing it, it’s nothing but a red card …all day long in this era of football. Ball got away from him and he lunged in, studs showing, high up the leg of Bellingham.

Stupid because we will really miss him now
Colback Red? on 17:07 - Sep 17 with 1358 viewsE15Hoop

Colback Red? on 23:04 - Sep 16 by HantsR

ROD-NEE said it should have been a yellow

This is the same ROD-NEE who used to trip himself up in the penalty area and cons the refs into giving us pens!

Nots ure how much weight you can put on his opinion on this one..
Colback Red? on 13:03 - Sep 18 with 1155 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Whilst there was no malintent, ultimately Jack caught Jobe above the ankle with his studs. In mitigation, I would say it was more bad timing than violent conduct, however serious foul play is punishable with an automatic 3 match suspension.
Colback Red? on 16:39 - Sep 18 with 1004 viewsPaddyhoops

Had a look at their fanzine website.
Laughing at Colback trying to snap Jobe in half.
Laughing at Gareth’s dress sense and lastly, apparently Clarke fired in the equaliser.
The last ones a new one on me.
Colback Red? on 16:41 - Sep 18 with 994 viewsWatford_Ranger

Colback Red? on 16:39 - Sep 18 by Paddyhoops

Laughing at Gareth’s dress sense and lastly, apparently Clarke fired in the equaliser.

They’ve got a long-standing dislike of both Colback and Ainsworth. The Ainsworth one is bizarre. Basically pissed off his sht team worth about £30 dared to rough them up a bit ages ago.
Colback Red? on 16:56 - Sep 18 with 962 viewsMick_S

Colback Red? on 16:39 - Sep 18 by Paddyhoops

The first part of number three is a bit rich.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Colback Red? on 19:21 - Sep 18 with 846 viewsitsbiga

Was it Colback they were talking about on the podcast?
I recall Finney saying he is def getting a red at some stage.

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Colback Red? on 19:29 - Sep 18 with 831 viewsCamberleyR

Colback Red? on 03:37 - Sep 17 by HAYESBOY

Three. It would have been classified as serious foul play which carries the same ban as a red for violent conduct.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024