Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ainsworth 17:14 - Sep 30 with 121263 viewsGloucs_R

Needs to be a discussion had.....

The squad we've got are not bottom 3.

We're getting tactically outmanoeuvred at home almost every time we play.

It's not a lack of experience in the team anymore. A lack of firepower, possibly, but we should be better than this.

Edit, perhaps I should have said our starting xi are not bottom 3. I agree, the overall squad is poor.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2023 17:29]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Ainsworth on 08:43 - Oct 2 with 3297 viewsNortholt_Rs

Ainsworth on 08:34 - Oct 2 by Rs_Holy

Have to agree. We get managers who are successful at other clubs.
How many promotions have Brolley man, Warbs, Micky Bile, Critchley and GA been a part of???
All of them come to QPR and it ends badly... We now have a very limited squad with no strikers capable of double figures in a season. We've managed to get a few old, honest pro's to help out for a couple of seasons. We need a manager who can get those players to give 110% in each game and try and scrap for every point... Ainsworth is the man to do this. It wont be pretty but its the only chance we've got this season!

Everything suggests Ainsworth isn’t the man to get results though: that’s the problem. It was always a lunatic appointment. He should be nowhere near the QPR managers job.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2023 10:15]

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Ainsworth on 08:57 - Oct 2 with 3265 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Ainsworth on 08:43 - Oct 2 by Northolt_Rs

Everything suggests Ainsworth isn’t the man to get results though: that’s the problem. It was always a lunatic appointment. He should be nowhere near the QPR managers job.

How was it a lunatic appointment?

They were about to set a League One budget and somehow needed to get that budget stretched far enough to survive in the Championship. In that environment they appointed a man that had experience with working with low budgets and stretching them further than they should go. What's more, he was one of the few - possibly only - experienced managers that actively wanted to come here.

Look he might well fail and he might well be to blame but there's no need to take everyone else at the club down with him. They knew austerity was coming and appointed a man used to working in such circumstances.

If there was any lunacy about it, it was expecting large swathes of our fanbase who accept only instant gratification to understand the intangible things that make Ainsworth's teams thrive take a long time to achieve.

Warburton had us in relegation form.

Let's not talk about Beale but post-October he was in relegation form.

Critchley never served up anything other than relegation form.

I'm not sure how many times we'd have to rinse and repeat this - to great cost - before it's understood the manager might not be the entire problem. There might not be a manager alive that could keep us up this year. We spunked the budget on Warburton's last season and Beale's 20 week tenure. Literally. We spent some of Ainsworth's money to appease Beale.
Ainsworth on 09:03 - Oct 2 with 3233 viewsBluce_Ree

If I'm whoever is the new Sir Les, I'm calling up Warnock and offering him whatever he wants.

All of our shitness really just goes back to us not backing Warnock when we went up if you think about it.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Ainsworth on 09:04 - Oct 2 with 3230 viewsTheChef

Ainsworth on 18:11 - Sep 30 by hubble

It's been crap for so long that we got all excited off the back of two scrappy draws. But today's performance is inexcusable.

Yes, we've got a poor squad, but we've still got some decent players at this level, and a good manager could still get a tune out of them. Ironically, Ainsworth can't. Wild thing, you make my heart sink.

Would love to know who this good manager is, because in recent years us changing managers has made no difference whatsoever.

Unless this is a monkey and typewriters thing where we might actually stumble across a good manager?

Would be nice to give the current manager time, oh but no we can't do that can we? Let's just rip everything up and start a-fkin-gain.

37 games to go FFS.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Ainsworth on 09:07 - Oct 2 with 3199 viewsfrancisbowles

Ainsworth on 09:03 - Oct 2 by Bluce_Ree

If I'm whoever is the new Sir Les, I'm calling up Warnock and offering him whatever he wants.

All of our shitness really just goes back to us not backing Warnock when we went up if you think about it.

Well you're basically correct BUT it was 12 yrs ago.
Ainsworth on 09:13 - Oct 2 with 3177 viewsRs_Holy

'Everything suggest Ainsworth isn’t the man to get results though'.

He took Wycombe from the bottom of League 2 and got them into the Championship... and they were really unlucky to not stay in the Championship. We are talking about Wycombe Wanderers here...
Okay, I know what you will say next ... the Championship is completely different technically to League 1 and 2. So take away the top 6-7 best players and we now have a squad which is effectively League 1... It is what is, you cant get that team playing like Man City, we are up against teams this season with Premier League class players in their ranks. How many of our squad would make it into some of the better Championship teams??? Chair, Field, Cook....any others???
Ainsworth on 09:17 - Oct 2 with 3149 viewsBluce_Ree

Ainsworth on 09:04 - Oct 2 by TheChef

Would love to know who this good manager is, because in recent years us changing managers has made no difference whatsoever.

Unless this is a monkey and typewriters thing where we might actually stumble across a good manager?

Would be nice to give the current manager time, oh but no we can't do that can we? Let's just rip everything up and start a-fkin-gain.

37 games to go FFS.

Let me remind you about a little thing I like to call THE MOTHERF**KING CURSE.

There are a few managerial archetypes. Directions a club can go in.

The respected, old-timer done it all before, almost managed England type. Harry Redknapp, motherf**ker.

The well-respected, younger, classier, managed a big team type. Mark Hughes, motherf**ker.

The international, slick, classy type. Paulo Sousa, motherf**cker.

The respected ex-player. Gary 'what the f**k am I doing' Waddock, motherf**ker.

The just finished playing for a big club having won everything. Jimmy Floyd Hasself**k, motherf**ker.

The actually managed England type. Steve McF*cken, motherf**ker.

The ex-player, cult hero type. Gareth Aimless, motherf**ker.

The been around a million years, obviously going to be shit but let's give it a go type. Paul Hart, motherf**ker.

The doing well as an assistant manager, let's give him his chance type. Ladies and Gentleman, let me introduce Michael f**k my dad, you f**k Beale.

At this point our only option is to find an obscure college team American football coach and get him to come over with nothing but life lessons and twee motivational talk.

Ainsworth on 09:19 - Oct 2 with 3130 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Is this not a bit over the top?
Login to get fewer ads

Ainsworth on 09:20 - Oct 2 with 3134 viewsR_from_afar

Ainsworth on 08:57 - Oct 2 by Padulas_Shampoo

They were about to set a League One budget and somehow needed to get that budget stretched far enough to survive in the Championship. In that environment they appointed a man that had experience with working with low budgets and stretching them further than they should go. What's more, he was one of the few - possibly only - experienced managers that actively wanted to come here.

Look he might well fail and he might well be to blame but there's no need to take everyone else at the club down with him. They knew austerity was coming and appointed a man used to working in such circumstances.

If there was any lunacy about it, it was expecting large swathes of our fanbase who accept only instant gratification to understand the intangible things that make Ainsworth's teams thrive take a long time to achieve.

I'm not sure how many times we'd have to rinse and repeat this - to great cost - before it's understood the manager might not be the entire problem. There might not be a manager alive that could keep us up this year. We spunked the budget on Warburton's last season and Beale's 20 week tenure. Literally. We spent some of Ainsworth's money to appease Beale.

Great post, spot on.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Ainsworth on 09:34 - Oct 2 with 3081 viewsEsox_Lucius

Ainsworth on 16:48 - Oct 1 by DejR_vu

Angling maybe?

No, it requires a lot of skill, watercraft and patience.

The grass is always greener.

Ainsworth on 09:43 - Oct 2 with 3056 viewsEsox_Lucius

Ainsworth on 09:03 - Oct 2 by Bluce_Ree

"I'm calling up Warnock and offering him whatever he wants." result; short term spend up and points deduction. Well done! We blew right through FFP when he was last in charge, what makes you think he can do it with no money?

The grass is always greener.

Ainsworth on 10:15 - Oct 2 with 2987 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Ainsworth on 09:43 - Oct 2 by Esox_Lucius

"I'm calling up Warnock and offering him whatever he wants." result; short term spend up and points deduction. Well done! We blew right through FFP when he was last in charge, what makes you think he can do it with no money?

You're right of course. It's not like he has a proven track record at this level.
Ainsworth on 10:17 - Oct 2 with 3005 viewsNortholt_Rs

Ainsworth on 08:57 - Oct 2 by Padulas_Shampoo

Instant gratification…. Really? We’ve won 1 game in 20 at LR and still we fill the stands.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Ainsworth on 10:23 - Oct 2 with 2974 viewsRangersw12

Ainsworth on 22:18 - Oct 1 by PlanetHonneywood

Purely out of interest: just how would you fund the pay-off for GA and his team?

When they do the season budget I'm sure they would factor in costs like that , if they don't then they're even more incompetent than I first thought .
Ainsworth on 10:51 - Oct 2 with 2903 viewsBluce_Ree

Ainsworth on 09:43 - Oct 2 by Esox_Lucius

He got us up with a squad of, what I remember, was a load of Palace rejects and free signings.

He tried to keep us up with, what I remember, was mainly the same players and that shitty guy... who was that shitty guy? Bothroyd was it? The striker. He missed a million chances when we played Newcastle and we lost IIRC.

I thought it was Hughes and Redknapp who essentially f**ked us right in the dad, financially.

Ainsworth on 10:52 - Oct 2 with 2898 viewsBluce_Ree

Ainsworth on 10:23 - Oct 2 by Rangersw12

When they do the season budget I'm sure they would factor in costs like that , if they don't then they're even more incompetent than I first thought .

The annual QPR W@nkathon.

Ainsworth on 11:02 - Oct 2 with 2876 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Ainsworth on 10:17 - Oct 2 by Northolt_Rs

Instant gratification…. Really? We’ve won 1 game in 20 at LR and still we fill the stands.

Yeah because he’s only been getting stick this week. It started immediately. Before his first game even.

Interesting that you only countered two words of the entire post. Care to comment on why you think changing managers AGAIN whilst working on the same pitiful budget would instantly yield a different outcome?

There are always three teams at the bottom of the table. We need to try to not be one of them. That’s what this season is. Some people around here slag off players for being surrender merchants whilst simultaneously throwing a strop and demanding blood when we nip into the bottom three for the first time in two decades. What is that if it’s not surrendering? I would not want to be on the front line with those people. My goodness. A touch of stoicism perhaps? I think Ainsworth will get us out of it by season’s end.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2023 11:03]
Ainsworth on 15:00 - Oct 2 with 2678 viewsGloucs_R

Next 5 games, be lucky to get two points in my opinion.
Leeds
Blackburn
Huddersfield
West Brom
Leicester

Poll: Are we staying up?

Ainsworth on 17:57 - Oct 2 with 2562 viewsfrancisbowles

Ainsworth on 10:51 - Oct 2 by Bluce_Ree

He got us up with a squad of, what I remember, was a load of Palace rejects and free signings.

He tried to keep us up with, what I remember, was mainly the same players and that shitty guy... who was that shitty guy? Bothroyd was it? The striker. He missed a million chances when we played Newcastle and we lost IIRC.

I thought it was Hughes and Redknapp who essentially f**ked us right in the dad, financially.

Yes after NW had saddled us with Barton, SWP, Ferdinand, Young and Traore.
Ainsworth on 18:25 - Oct 2 with 2512 viewstraininvain

Warnock would be the obvious choice as a stop gap to survive this season. Chris Hughton could be a more long term candidate and has a decent record at this level but rarely seems to get mentioned these days.
Ainsworth on 20:43 - Oct 2 with 2368 viewsE17hoop

Ainsworth on 18:25 - Oct 2 by traininvain

Warnock would be the obvious choice as a stop gap to survive this season. Chris Hughton could be a more long term candidate and has a decent record at this level but rarely seems to get mentioned these days.

2 problems:

1. We have no budget to offer them to change the squad without selling.

2. We're not that attractive a proposition to any manager of the quality we'd like.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Ainsworth on 21:26 - Oct 2 with 2281 viewstraininvain

Ainsworth on 20:43 - Oct 2 by E17hoop

2 problems:

1. We have no budget to offer them to change the squad without selling.

2. We're not that attractive a proposition to any manager of the quality we'd like.

Possibly but how much of a budget was Warnock given at Huddersfield last season?

Does anyone on here genuinely believe that with our current squad and financial situation, Ainsworth has a better chance of avoiding relegation than Warnock.
Ainsworth on 21:40 - Oct 2 with 2230 viewshantssi

Ainsworth on 18:25 - Oct 2 by traininvain

Not Hughton FFS, look how good BHA have got since he was given the old heave ho!
Plus his football is infinitely worse than we’re watching now.
Ainsworth on 22:13 - Oct 2 with 2163 viewstraininvain

Ainsworth on 21:40 - Oct 2 by hantssi

Not Hughton FFS, look how good BHA have got since he was given the old heave ho!
Plus his football is infinitely worse than we’re watching now.

Brighton wouldn’t be in the position they are today without Hughton, he took them up to the Premiership. Granted he had a bad spell at Forest more recently but who hasn’t!

Not sure if it’s even possible that the football could be infinitely worse than what we’ve been watching over the last 9 months or so. We’ve won one home game in 20 and barely managed a shot on target vs Coventry. We’re not exactly Newcastle under Keegan or Spurs under Ardilles.

Anyway, I had a quick look on Wikipedia and Hughton’s currently managing Ghana so you can breathe a sigh of relief and look forward to Ainsworth rock and roll football on Saturday!
[Post edited 2 Oct 2023 22:13]
Ainsworth on 09:02 - Oct 3 with 1906 viewsslmrstid

2010/11 was a magical season and I loved every minute of it, but QPR also had one of the biggest wage bills in the league that season so lets not pretend Warnock did it on a shoestring.

This source has us down as 2nd highest wage bill that season, and wages at 183% of revenue, the highest in the league by an absolute country mile.

Wonderful season as a fan, wonderful memories. Not cheap and plucky underdog upsetting the odds.
https://www.thescratchingshed.com/2012/04/championship-clubs-financial-results-2
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024