Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ainsworth 17:14 - Sep 30 with 121361 viewsGloucs_R

Needs to be a discussion had.....

The squad we've got are not bottom 3.

We're getting tactically outmanoeuvred at home almost every time we play.

It's not a lack of experience in the team anymore. A lack of firepower, possibly, but we should be better than this.

Edit, perhaps I should have said our starting xi are not bottom 3. I agree, the overall squad is poor.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2023 17:29]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Ainsworth on 18:22 - Sep 30 with 3929 viewsCateLeBonR

Ainsworth on 17:52 - Sep 30 by Gloucs_R

Amended it to say first xi

Squad, league 2 šŸ˜

I'm going to have to watch their goals back. I wasn't paying attention for the first goal so missed what happened. Second goal we were completely overwhelmed and similar for the third. It all happened very quickly. They spotted our weaknesses in midfield and had the wherewithal to exploit.

We were a bit predictable but decent first half and could have gone in 1 up. Cov looked very solid throughout though I think the scoreline flattered them a bit.
Ainsworth on 18:32 - Sep 30 with 3801 viewsaston_hoop

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Ainsworth on 18:49 - Sep 30 with 3653 viewsNed_Kennedys

Ainsworth on 18:32 - Sep 30 by aston_hoop

Well his interview wasnā€™t as bad as I expected: no blind support of the players or suggesting they had given everything etc.
He exaggerates how good our first half performance was though: certainly not the better team and Coventry had the better chances.
Couldnā€™t tell from the Lower Loft if 1st goal was offside and no-one has made a big thing of it on here.
Ainsworth on 18:53 - Sep 30 with 3631 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Seeing as we've hardwired ourselves to only consider managerial candidates with a QPR connection, I suspect if there were to be a managerial reset, it would be Warnock.

Which reminds me: how's that firm of consultants commissioned to find a new DUFF doing?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes LĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Ainsworth on 18:59 - Sep 30 with 3577 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ainsworth on 18:49 - Sep 30 by Ned_Kennedys

Well his interview wasnā€™t as bad as I expected: no blind support of the players or suggesting they had given everything etc.
He exaggerates how good our first half performance was though: certainly not the better team and Coventry had the better chances.
Couldnā€™t tell from the Lower Loft if 1st goal was offside and no-one has made a big thing of it on here.

Canā€™t recall them having a single shot or chance first half? Agree though. Two poor teams first half, i thought we just edged it, then they blew us away with ease.

Bare bones.

Ainsworth on 19:01 - Sep 30 with 3545 viewsactonman

I must have been at a different game to most people but that first half was fcuking drivel ! The expectations are so low that a couple of half chances and getting in at half time against a poor team Nil nil at home is something to get excited about ?
Ainsworth on 19:03 - Sep 30 with 3523 viewsdistortR

Ainsworth on 18:49 - Sep 30 by Ned_Kennedys

Watching the stream, it did look well offside, Only saw it from one angle, but couldn't see from that how it wasn't offside.
Can't argue with anything he says in that interview really, bar the description of our first half performance (Good, but no cutting edge imo) and, of course, how could he have changed the game from the sidelines, given our over-run midfield? However, if the option is SDM, maybe there isn't a viable option.
Ainsworth on 19:04 - Sep 30 with 3517 viewsHAYESBOY

Have just seen the goals and their first two are very lucky. Both have double deflections to favour them. Also the pen is stonewall. What was the ref seeing out there. He should be rested for a couple of games at least becausse its a shocking decision.
Doesn't hide from the fact that the second half was unacceptable.
Gareth looks worried there. He is catching up to us.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Login to get fewer ads

Ainsworth on 19:34 - Sep 30 with 3355 viewsBlackCrowe

Plenty of chasing the oppo when they have possession, but the lack of movement off the ball when we have possession is shocking, flipping statues. And that's on Gareth.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Ainsworth on 19:34 - Sep 30 with 3355 viewsbaz_qpr

At half time talking with the guys everyone thought we had played well, I thought we looked fairly solid defensively (having said that they got in one on one twice) but very poor going forward. Dykes had a great header but was poor otherwise. But the thing that really struck me was when we had the ball we nearly always had 8 0r 9 behind the ball, we only had one in the box so you are relying on pinpoint delivery for 1 to beat 4 or 5, and we just dont have that. Little Smyth for all his wing play can't cross a ball Chair was picking the ball up in front of the defence often behind Paal and then there was zero movement. Set pieces continue to be awful if we get the ball past the first man in its a little floater easy to defend

I've read praise for Dozzell who had a really good 15 minutes when the game was lost when he actually started driving forward rather than just sitting, but was poor for the previous 70.

We, under successive managers Warburton, Beale, Critchley and now Ainsworth seem to have no pattern of play going forward. Coventry the polar opposite every time they got into attacking positions they knew what they were going to do where their team member was going to be. We could spunk tens of millions on strikers and it will make no difference if we dont actually create clear cut chances.

I dont think man for man coventry looked a more talented team, Sims scored twice and was pretty poor tbh, but what they do look is well coached and today we looked anything but
[Post edited 30 Sep 2023 19:35]
Ainsworth on 19:36 - Sep 30 with 3328 viewsmarkrtid

That was a good team lineup today. Even with Fox going off within 10 seconds of the game meant no big deal. We had him covered. This team is good enouph and we were at home.
The rest of it was a mess though!
I'm truly sorry to say this becuase I want Gareth to be the greatest Manager we have ever had but FFS! The Swansea game showed the world how bad we are at home. A good Manager would have put that right months ago.
Ainsworth on 19:37 - Sep 30 with 3310 viewsdistortR

Ainsworth on 19:34 - Sep 30 by baz_qpr

At half time talking with the guys everyone thought we had played well, I thought we looked fairly solid defensively (having said that they got in one on one twice) but very poor going forward. Dykes had a great header but was poor otherwise. But the thing that really struck me was when we had the ball we nearly always had 8 0r 9 behind the ball, we only had one in the box so you are relying on pinpoint delivery for 1 to beat 4 or 5, and we just dont have that. Little Smyth for all his wing play can't cross a ball Chair was picking the ball up in front of the defence often behind Paal and then there was zero movement. Set pieces continue to be awful if we get the ball past the first man in its a little floater easy to defend

I've read praise for Dozzell who had a really good 15 minutes when the game was lost when he actually started driving forward rather than just sitting, but was poor for the previous 70.

We, under successive managers Warburton, Beale, Critchley and now Ainsworth seem to have no pattern of play going forward. Coventry the polar opposite every time they got into attacking positions they knew what they were going to do where their team member was going to be. We could spunk tens of millions on strikers and it will make no difference if we dont actually create clear cut chances.

I dont think man for man coventry looked a more talented team, Sims scored twice and was pretty poor tbh, but what they do look is well coached and today we looked anything but

Agree, but with a 2 man midfield and wingbacks, Dozzell had to sit. I thought he played well, he used the ball well today.
Ainsworth on 19:38 - Sep 30 with 3309 viewsactonman

Ainsworth on 19:34 - Sep 30 by baz_qpr

Spot on , we have decent players but absolutely no idea what to do with them , itā€™s like kids football ā€¦ put them out there and hope for the best
Ainsworth on 19:54 - Sep 30 with 3248 viewsbaz_qpr

Ainsworth on 19:37 - Sep 30 by distortR

Agree, but with a 2 man midfield and wingbacks, Dozzell had to sit. I thought he played well, he used the ball well today.

Only one of the CM's has to sit if you have CB's behind, the midfield has to get beyond Dykes but Willock and Chair sit back and Dykes forever flicks on to no one. We would be better off playing Chair behind Dykes and Armstrong, Armstrongs pace then create the space for Chair and the wingbacks to step in to. If you are going to play Chair and Willock then Dozzell has to play as an 8 and get forward beyond them and Field shields
Ainsworth on 19:55 - Sep 30 with 3238 viewsSteveB

Quite surprised no-one has mentioned Kakay on this thread yet. Shocking free kick to concede under no pressure at all for their 1st goal - he just clothes-line the Cov player. Bloody brain dead.

That ref mind, total tool.
Ainsworth on 19:57 - Sep 30 with 3217 viewsStreathamRanger

Ainsworth on 19:38 - Sep 30 by actonman

Spot on , we have decent players but absolutely no idea what to do with them , itā€™s like kids football ā€¦ put them out there and hope for the best

This is what I thought when watching the Swansea game. No sense that anyone really knows what they're doing. Just hoping someone does something good and we maybe score a goal. We don't seem to build sustained pressure.
Ainsworth on 20:00 - Sep 30 with 3192 viewsPhilmyRs

Ainsworth on 18:59 - Sep 30 by Antti_Heinola

Canā€™t recall them having a single shot or chance first half? Agree though. Two poor teams first half, i thought we just edged it, then they blew us away with ease.

Thought they should have scored first half but their striker took too long to shoot and somehow was cleared by Cook on the ground. That was a decent chance they should have taken. But yeah, they didnā€™t have much and pretty even but we didnā€™t look dangerous in my eyes but no way as bad as when we played Coventry last season which suggests some improvement.
Ainsworth on 20:58 - Sep 30 with 2955 viewsQPRConor2000

I'll give everyone some stats.

2 wins so far in 9 games this season.
1 win in 20 home games.
Only scored 8 league goals so far this season, which on average works out at 1.12 goals per game, joint 2nd lowest in the league with Rotherham, only Sheff Wed have scored less with 5.
Conceded 15 league goals in 9 games, which is on average 1.6 goals conceded per game.

I dunno about you, but that tells me that Ainsworth is clearly not getting the best out of this squad.
Ainsworth on 21:13 - Sep 30 with 2862 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Maybe Iā€™m in a minority, but I just donā€™t think this is Ainsworthā€™s fault.
Ainsworth on 21:33 - Sep 30 with 2763 viewsRangersw12

Ainsworth on 21:13 - Sep 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

Maybe Iā€™m in a minority, but I just donā€™t think this is Ainsworthā€™s fault.

Not all of it isn't his but we keep getting overrun in midfield especially at home which to me is down to him
Ainsworth on 21:34 - Sep 30 with 2759 viewsqueensparker

Iā€™m with you.

Quite surprised at the fury on the forum having just logged in.

Iā€™ve seen many relegation teams - havenā€™t we all - but I didnā€™t think I saw one today. Infuriating to lose in that 20 minute window and we clearly havenā€™t got enough good forwards but I think weā€™ll be alright. Weā€™re miles better than we were when Ainsworth took over
Ainsworth on 21:40 - Sep 30 with 2720 viewsRuislipHoop

Ainsworth on 21:34 - Sep 30 by queensparker

Iā€™m with you.

Quite surprised at the fury on the forum having just logged in.

Iā€™ve seen many relegation teams - havenā€™t we all - but I didnā€™t think I saw one today. Infuriating to lose in that 20 minute window and we clearly havenā€™t got enough good forwards but I think weā€™ll be alright. Weā€™re miles better than we were when Ainsworth took over

You have to score to win,Iā€™d rather play pants and win,we are no better than last year.
Ainsworth on 21:42 - Sep 30 with 2713 viewsterryb

I'm shocked to have read that we were ok in the first half as I thought both sides were atrocious & 0-0 looked a certainty! That is apart from the Dykes header that brought a very good save.

After the Watford match, this was by far our worst performance this season, but a major problem is that our management don't appear to know how to react when it is going wrong. We ended up with no identifiable system & void of ideas. Instead of waiting till half time or the end of the game, PLEASE make changes during the match, whether it is personnel, tactics/systems or both.

This is what I feel Gareth must address first instead of letting the game drift on by.
Ainsworth on 21:51 - Sep 30 with 2666 viewsNed_Kennedys

If he cannot work out how to win at home we will be relegated.
Iā€™d say that would be his fault, along with a load of other factors of course.
Ainsworth on 21:53 - Sep 30 with 2652 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ainsworth on 21:33 - Sep 30 by Rangersw12

Not all of it isn't his but we keep getting overrun in midfield especially at home which to me is down to him

Whatā€™s he supposed to do? Play six across the midfield?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024