Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ainsworth 17:14 - Sep 30 with 121387 viewsGloucs_R

Needs to be a discussion had.....

The squad we've got are not bottom 3.

We're getting tactically outmanoeuvred at home almost every time we play.

It's not a lack of experience in the team anymore. A lack of firepower, possibly, but we should be better than this.

Edit, perhaps I should have said our starting xi are not bottom 3. I agree, the overall squad is poor.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2023 17:29]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Ainsworth on 16:34 - Oct 1 with 3077 viewsBAWHoops

Ainsworth on 11:18 - Oct 1 by Northernr

I find it strange that we won at Cardiff without Colback, with Armstrong up and Dykes off him. Colback's been out for three games, Dykes and Armstrong have been available throughout, and we haven't started like that again.

Did we not play that way at Birmingham and markedly improved when Dykes mvoed more central after Sincs went off?

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Ainsworth on 16:48 - Oct 1 with 3008 viewsDejR_vu

Ainsworth on 15:28 - Oct 1 by Esox_Lucius

Find a sport, maybe darts, that you could be more knowledgeable about and try to work within that framework. You are clearly clueless about soccer.

Angling maybe?

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Ainsworth on 16:56 - Oct 1 with 2978 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Ainsworth on 15:28 - Oct 1 by Esox_Lucius

Find a sport, maybe darts, that you could be more knowledgeable about and try to work within that framework. You are clearly clueless about soccer.

Level 1 FA coaching badge, I'm pretty knowledgeable. I'm not going to get into a slanging match with you though, I know my stuff. Up to a point like most of us on here. Don't watch darts, sorry!

I have said from when he was announced that he was the wrong appointment, and I stand by it.
If he hadn't played for the club he would not even have been considered. This is a manager who has clearly played a certain style for 10 years (successfully), and is now trying to play differently because the players, in a nutshell, told him Fuk Off. The fans don't want hoof ball either.
Ainsworth on 16:59 - Oct 1 with 2966 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ainsworth on 15:22 - Oct 1 by Wegerles_Stairs

We all know Warnock would keep us up this season.

Obviously the biggest problem are the people who have been appointing these managers but while we have a fanbase of cucks who blow smoke up their arses at the fans forum, we will continue to decline.

you should've gone to that night and showed everyone what a true alpha looks like mate.

Bare bones.

Ainsworth on 17:04 - Oct 1 with 2936 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Ainsworth on 16:56 - Oct 1 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Level 1 FA coaching badge, I'm pretty knowledgeable. I'm not going to get into a slanging match with you though, I know my stuff. Up to a point like most of us on here. Don't watch darts, sorry!

I have said from when he was announced that he was the wrong appointment, and I stand by it.
If he hadn't played for the club he would not even have been considered. This is a manager who has clearly played a certain style for 10 years (successfully), and is now trying to play differently because the players, in a nutshell, told him Fuk Off. The fans don't want hoof ball either.

Sorry, level 3. Fat fingers!
Ainsworth on 17:24 - Oct 1 with 2856 viewsDamo1962

Ainsworth on 21:13 - Sep 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

Maybe I’m in a minority, but I just don’t think this is Ainsworth’s fault.

GA gets all the stick and takes it on the chin. What about his #2 Dobbo and the rest of the coaching set up - they get off lightly. But at the end of the day if this home form continues...GA will get the bullet. Unless we are starting our plans for L1 already.
Ainsworth on 17:37 - Oct 1 with 2813 viewsthehat

Yesterday was such a big game - win and we would all believe the corner had been turned but yet again we were found wanting at home when it matterd. We had taken two steps forward but yesterday was definitely one step back.

So disappointed in Willock he offered us absolutely sweet FA and should of been hooked well before Coventry scored thier goals.

No point even considering sacking Ainsworth and his coaching team as we can’t even afford thier severance pay and no one will take this on with our budget.

Need to stick together and crawl our way to as close to 50 points as possible and hope it’s enough.
Ainsworth on 18:00 - Oct 1 with 2727 viewsE15Hoop

Ainsworth on 17:37 - Oct 1 by thehat

Yesterday was such a big game - win and we would all believe the corner had been turned but yet again we were found wanting at home when it matterd. We had taken two steps forward but yesterday was definitely one step back.

So disappointed in Willock he offered us absolutely sweet FA and should of been hooked well before Coventry scored thier goals.

No point even considering sacking Ainsworth and his coaching team as we can’t even afford thier severance pay and no one will take this on with our budget.

Need to stick together and crawl our way to as close to 50 points as possible and hope it’s enough.

OK, I've made it very clear over the summer where I personally sit with all this, so I won't go repeating all that here.
What I will say, however, as others have done in this and other matchday threads, is that many people on theis Forum seem to have memories shorter than Dory's in "Finding Nemo".
People attributing our decline to Ainsworth and the rest of the management staff seem to have conveniently fogotten how our form nosedived in the last few months of Warburton's reign, how it nosedived after Boilface showed his true colours, and how Critchley couldn't manage to turn it around.
Even the critics on here who seem determined to bin Ainsworth off come what may have begrudgingly admitted that the culture at the club has changed so much for the better over these last few months, which was the No.1 priority for this season.
Even the headline to the Post Match Interview on the offish says "We can't Collapse Like That", which don't sound like the words of a man walking around with his head in the sand trying to pretend that we don't have issues that need addressing, do they?
I would say that what we have learnt from this last few games is how badly we need Colback, and that's not exactly a major surprise, as many on here have said how much we've needed a dominant central midfielder for years.
Get Colback back in, push Dozzell further up and encourage Dykes to make his presence felt more in the penalty area and you've basically solved the majority of the issues we have, as we've already seen on a few occasions this season.
Please tell me why anyone in their right minds honestly believes that ditching Ainsworth is going to solve all our problems, when we've already had enough evidence from the three previous incumbents - four, in fact, when you include McClaren - that it more than likely will in fact just make them that much worse.
Login to get fewer ads

Ainsworth on 18:25 - Oct 1 with 2650 viewsQPROslo

Ainsworth on 18:00 - Oct 1 by E15Hoop

OK, I've made it very clear over the summer where I personally sit with all this, so I won't go repeating all that here.
What I will say, however, as others have done in this and other matchday threads, is that many people on theis Forum seem to have memories shorter than Dory's in "Finding Nemo".
People attributing our decline to Ainsworth and the rest of the management staff seem to have conveniently fogotten how our form nosedived in the last few months of Warburton's reign, how it nosedived after Boilface showed his true colours, and how Critchley couldn't manage to turn it around.
Even the critics on here who seem determined to bin Ainsworth off come what may have begrudgingly admitted that the culture at the club has changed so much for the better over these last few months, which was the No.1 priority for this season.
Even the headline to the Post Match Interview on the offish says "We can't Collapse Like That", which don't sound like the words of a man walking around with his head in the sand trying to pretend that we don't have issues that need addressing, do they?
I would say that what we have learnt from this last few games is how badly we need Colback, and that's not exactly a major surprise, as many on here have said how much we've needed a dominant central midfielder for years.
Get Colback back in, push Dozzell further up and encourage Dykes to make his presence felt more in the penalty area and you've basically solved the majority of the issues we have, as we've already seen on a few occasions this season.
Please tell me why anyone in their right minds honestly believes that ditching Ainsworth is going to solve all our problems, when we've already had enough evidence from the three previous incumbents - four, in fact, when you include McClaren - that it more than likely will in fact just make them that much worse.

Warburton made us better.. Overall we have improved a fair bit since the Watford nadir. Whether that is enough remains to be seen. Lots of games to come and work to be done, and we need better luck with Officials in what is likely to be a season long struggle to stay up.
Ainsworth on 18:27 - Oct 1 with 2634 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

If you replace Colback like for like (SDM), then the same formation can be played, which was working.
GA didn't, so.............
Ainsworth on 18:39 - Oct 1 with 2583 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ainsworth on 16:56 - Oct 1 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Statistically if you are against everything, everyone, all of the time then yeah you‘ll probably be hitting some bullseyes now and again.

You said we’d be relegated every year since you started posting but you’ve not put that on your Loftus Rd CV I notice.
Ainsworth on 19:01 - Oct 1 with 2518 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Ainsworth on 18:39 - Oct 1 by BazzaInTheLoft

Statistically if you are against everything, everyone, all of the time then yeah you‘ll probably be hitting some bullseyes now and again.

You said we’d be relegated every year since you started posting but you’ve not put that on your Loftus Rd CV I notice.

That's wrong. I posted that we would go up under Warburton (wrong) and Beale (sucker), so not sure where u got that from.

I have been saying since GA was appointed that we would be relegated, and I stand by it. Unfortunately it looks like I will hit the bullseye with this prediction. But hey, throw enough darts..........
Ainsworth on 19:05 - Oct 1 with 2492 viewsNorthernr

Ainsworth on 16:34 - Oct 1 by BAWHoops

Did we not play that way at Birmingham and markedly improved when Dykes mvoed more central after Sincs went off?

Yes, you're right, hands up, hungover morning.
Birmingham our best performance of the three without Colback though...
Ainsworth on 19:08 - Oct 1 with 2468 viewsBurnleyhoop

Ainsworth on 11:30 - Oct 1 by Northolt_Rs

We’ve won 2 out of 9 games, we are 3rd from bottom, and our top goalscorer is our left back. We are already well and truly in a scrap for survival lad….

I’m 58 mate, been watching and playing football for a lifetime. I ain’t no lad. Pal
Ainsworth on 19:42 - Oct 1 with 2376 viewsPindarus

Ainsworth on 19:08 - Oct 1 by Burnleyhoop

I’m 58 mate, been watching and playing football for a lifetime. I ain’t no lad. Pal

I'm old enough to remember when Gordon Jago replaced the hapless Les Allen. We were really on the slide beforehand. Jago had no track record, but the transformation in the team and playing style was instantaneous.
With the right manager this team could hold its own in this division.
Ainsworth on 20:03 - Oct 1 with 2323 viewsDiddy

We have got a mid Championship squad at best and GA in my opinion has done OK since the nightmare start we had. Colback and Begovic are decent additions and Cannon looks to be a good signing as well. I'm no tactical genius but we obviously miss Colback and Lyndon needs to make his presence felt far more often in the box, up front is where the problems lie. We need a target man who can get 15 goals, not just with his head. Another problem is that Ainsworth makes a rod for his own back in his interviews where he says 'can't wait to climb the table, we're going to give club x a right good run for their money etc etc' When it doesn't happen he's just given people ammunition to shoot him down but he's obviously passionate and cares. I'd give him more time especially as I'm not sure any other manager could do better!!
Ainsworth on 20:49 - Oct 1 with 2213 viewsRangersw12

I would give him until the international break in November

More than long enough to give him to work out how to play at home
Ainsworth on 20:53 - Oct 1 with 2198 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ainsworth on 19:01 - Oct 1 by Wilkinswatercarrier

That's wrong. I posted that we would go up under Warburton (wrong) and Beale (sucker), so not sure where u got that from.

I have been saying since GA was appointed that we would be relegated, and I stand by it. Unfortunately it looks like I will hit the bullseye with this prediction. But hey, throw enough darts..........

Yeah Baz, he was wrong in different ways than you reported.

Bare bones.

Ainsworth on 22:02 - Oct 1 with 2057 viewsBurnleyhoop

Ainsworth on 11:30 - Oct 1 by Northolt_Rs

We’ve won 2 out of 9 games, we are 3rd from bottom, and our top goalscorer is our left back. We are already well and truly in a scrap for survival lad….

9 games out of 46. A tad early to be checking Google maps for all the league one teams don’t you think?

We weren’t played off the park by any stretch against Coventry, but we did lose our shape and composure when the officials fcked us over with the offside and the penalty decision.

Everything to play for and our strongest team yet to step onto the pitch. Goes without saying that one or two definitely need to find their shooting boots other than Paal and Colback.
Ainsworth on 22:13 - Oct 1 with 2020 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Ainsworth on 11:37 - Oct 1 by ted_hendrix

He knew full well last season the squad he was inherating and he knew full well the clubs finances, he also knew full well that when he took over we were 8 points clear of relegation and you could say reasonably comfortable league position wise and yet by the end of last season we could and probably should have been relegated but for another club having a points deduction we escaped relegation.

This season he has brought In the players he has wanted too "given our budget and FFP constraints" and lo and behold by todays date we are already In the relegation zone, not because of crap refereeing decisions, not because of bad luck, not because of 'wicked deflections'

The reasons we are In the relegation zone Is down to our Manager, and our players who are just plain and simple not good enough.

Nobody forced GA Into the job, he attended the Interviews of his own free will, all this 'poor Gareth' stuff Is nonsense.

Week on week this club Is slowly getting worse and sinking, jesus wept we get celebrations on this MB If we manage a draw at home, FFS Is this really as good as It gets.?

Yesterday was another home loss, all the problems laid bare out there on the pitch for all to see, just as It will be at home to Blackburn.

Thank f ck we crept In the back door and burgled those two wins at Cardiff and Middlesbrough.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2023 12:27]

Whilst I somewhat agree with the underlying point I must put an end to a myth that's been doing the rounds on this site and been generally accepted as fact.

"...but for another club having a points deduction we escaped relegation."

This simply isn't true. Last season QPR finished 5th from bottom. Had Reading not been deducted 6 points Cardiff would've been relegated in their place.
Ainsworth on 22:18 - Oct 1 with 2001 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Ainsworth on 20:49 - Oct 1 by Rangersw12

I would give him until the international break in November

More than long enough to give him to work out how to play at home

Purely out of interest: just how would you fund the pay-off for GA and his team?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Ainsworth on 22:41 - Oct 1 with 1954 viewsted_hendrix

Ainsworth on 22:13 - Oct 1 by Benny_the_Ball

Whilst I somewhat agree with the underlying point I must put an end to a myth that's been doing the rounds on this site and been generally accepted as fact.

"...but for another club having a points deduction we escaped relegation."

This simply isn't true. Last season QPR finished 5th from bottom. Had Reading not been deducted 6 points Cardiff would've been relegated in their place.

I stand corrected and of course that's what happened, yesterday's defeat left me deflated and bloody angry and obviously confused

I'll be shouting from the rooftops should we finish mid-table and I'll genuinly- genuinely be delighted for GA, that said the club and It's survival come first nothing else, no so called club
legends, whoever they may be, If their employed by the club but not doing the business then I wan't them gone.

Should GA get sacked I have absolutely no Idea who could or should take over.

Some Posters were saying last season that a drop into L1 might not be a bad thing, re-group come back stronger, no a hundred time no, It's a graveyard down there.

I'm sick of results lately plus I've got no patience anymore

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Ainsworth on 23:12 - Oct 1 with 1846 viewsManinBlack

Ainsworth on 22:41 - Oct 1 by ted_hendrix

I stand corrected and of course that's what happened, yesterday's defeat left me deflated and bloody angry and obviously confused

I'll be shouting from the rooftops should we finish mid-table and I'll genuinly- genuinely be delighted for GA, that said the club and It's survival come first nothing else, no so called club
legends, whoever they may be, If their employed by the club but not doing the business then I wan't them gone.

Should GA get sacked I have absolutely no Idea who could or should take over.

Some Posters were saying last season that a drop into L1 might not be a bad thing, re-group come back stronger, no a hundred time no, It's a graveyard down there.

I'm sick of results lately plus I've got no patience anymore

This makes two of us. My patience has also gone and the results at home are enough to drive me insane. Some will recall I wanted the whole damn useless team booted out in the summer. Alas many are still here with their losing mentality and the home results are still crap.

I appreciate we are limited in funds but carry on like this and most of the season ticket holders won't bother renewing for next season. If the football is dull and of little excitement and we keep on losing then season ticket holders will rightly feel it is not worth the outlay. Probably most of those fans don't go away so they need to be entertained for the games they have shelled out for in advance. It is always more important to keep home season ticket holders happy so they will renew rather than those who travel.

We are in a tricky place because other clubs would sack a manager with such a poor record at home but we maybe can't afford to do that but if we keep Gareth he needs to address the slide very soon. The club cannot afford for home fans to say enough is enough, we are not going to renew next season watching a team who don't shoot, cannot score and cannot win. Why should fans spend hundreds of pounds before a ball is kicked next season to watch more boring dross and constant home defeats? It has to change quickly to encourage renewals for next season, even more so if we are in league 1. Right now I suspect many fans won't renew if we continue in this vain. We look like a torpedoed ship gradually sinking to the inevitable drop and it's painful to watch and it is driving me to new depths of despair seeing it unfold.
Ainsworth on 23:15 - Oct 1 with 1824 viewsstainrods_elbow

Fantastic post, and mud in the eye for those here who idealise the clearly flawed Warburton regime (who was rightly not renewed). Our decline has been palpable for two years now. It's like some kind of Long Covid-like footballing virus.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Ainsworth on 08:34 - Oct 2 with 1570 viewsRs_Holy

Ainsworth on 22:18 - Oct 1 by PlanetHonneywood

Purely out of interest: just how would you fund the pay-off for GA and his team?

Have to agree. We get managers who are successful at other clubs.
How many promotions have Brolley man, Warbs, Micky Bile, Critchley and GA been a part of???
All of them come to QPR and it ends badly... We now have a very limited squad with no strikers capable of double figures in a season. We've managed to get a few old, honest pro's to help out for a couple of seasons. We need a manager who can get those players to give 110% in each game and try and scrap for every point... Ainsworth is the man to do this. It wont be pretty but its the only chance we've got this season!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024