Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ainsworth 17:14 - Sep 30 with 121280 viewsGloucs_R

Needs to be a discussion had.....

The squad we've got are not bottom 3.

We're getting tactically outmanoeuvred at home almost every time we play.

It's not a lack of experience in the team anymore. A lack of firepower, possibly, but we should be better than this.

Edit, perhaps I should have said our starting xi are not bottom 3. I agree, the overall squad is poor.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2023 17:29]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Ainsworth on 10:17 - Oct 1 with 3085 viewsNortholt_Rs

Ainsworth on 08:47 - Oct 1 by Wilkinswatercarrier

The worst thing is that at half time I imagine most people knew Coventry would change it. Yet we stay the same.

I'm baffled that JCS started on the bench behind Kakay. Plain weird that Smyth is still being employed as a RWB when he can't defend.
Still sending 2 midfielders out against 3, despite it not working before.
Long balls to Dykes to flick onto........?
If you play Willock and Chair have them close to each other.

To me it seems GA doesn't know how he wants the team to play. I'm watching and I can't see any real patterns going forward, and defensively we are all at sea.

10 games in then we can judge GA is what we were told. Well 9 gone, and we are 3rd bottom.

He’s won 5 games out of 22. That would get him sacked at any other club in the country.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Ainsworth on 10:22 - Oct 1 with 3042 viewsBurnleyhoop

Ainsworth on 03:54 - Oct 1 by Hitch

People on here seem to think a Manager is a magician.
I have watched the clowns on here complain about everyone we have had, and where are we now?
Give yourselves an uppercut and realize we have no money and our players are accordingly skilled!
Let the paint dry on Ainsworths door for fk sake.

Agree. It was a demoralising defeat, but we didn’t get the rub of the green and refereeing decisions went against us again. The effort was again good and it was by no means hoofball tactics.

Calling for Ainsworth’s head is knee jerk nonsense. We need Colback and Cannon in there and need to be creating more goal scoring opportunities. With a full first eleven out we have a chance. Lose any of the key players however, and this is a definite scrap for survival.
Ainsworth on 10:27 - Oct 1 with 3020 viewsBurnleyhoop

Ainsworth on 10:17 - Oct 1 by Northolt_Rs

He’s won 5 games out of 22. That would get him sacked at any other club in the country.

With the squad and culture he inherited, he’s done well to achieve that. He’s had literally no money to rebuild the squad and was laden with Richard’s who might possibly be the biggest waste of cash we have ever spunked up the wall, and that is some achievement for this club.

Give the man a chance. He deserves this season at least.
Ainsworth on 10:31 - Oct 1 with 3001 viewsGloucs_R

Ainsworth on 10:27 - Oct 1 by Burnleyhoop

With the squad and culture he inherited, he’s done well to achieve that. He’s had literally no money to rebuild the squad and was laden with Richard’s who might possibly be the biggest waste of cash we have ever spunked up the wall, and that is some achievement for this club.

No money to buy players, but the player recruitment looks decent (on paper). Plenty of experience and leaders. A few younger players. That's why I'm so frustrated.

Said all along, I really want GA to do well, moreso than any other manager we've had for the past decade, because of who he is and what he represents.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Ainsworth on 11:08 - Oct 1 with 2885 viewsdaveB

I didn't really get his starting line up yesterday, ideal chance to play 2 up front and get on the front foot early, get in front then Willock off the bench, Thought he got it the wrong way around and find it mad we play 2 up front away from home and 1 at home
Ainsworth on 11:12 - Oct 1 with 2871 viewsNorthernr

Ainsworth on 17:16 - Sep 30 by Antti_Heinola

The squad absolutely is bottom 3, and that’s been painfully obvious for ages.

It's always going to struggle because it doesn't have goals in it. Basically as soon as we concede once the most we're getting is a point.
Ainsworth on 11:18 - Oct 1 with 2842 viewsNorthernr

Ainsworth on 11:08 - Oct 1 by daveB

I didn't really get his starting line up yesterday, ideal chance to play 2 up front and get on the front foot early, get in front then Willock off the bench, Thought he got it the wrong way around and find it mad we play 2 up front away from home and 1 at home

I find it strange that we won at Cardiff without Colback, with Armstrong up and Dykes off him. Colback's been out for three games, Dykes and Armstrong have been available throughout, and we haven't started like that again.
Ainsworth on 11:18 - Oct 1 with 2841 viewsEastR

Ainsworth on 11:08 - Oct 1 by daveB

Completely agree don't know why when we're a team that needs to gets our heads in front we don't take the opportunity to start off on the front foot

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Login to get fewer ads

Ainsworth on 11:30 - Oct 1 with 2784 viewsNortholt_Rs

Ainsworth on 10:22 - Oct 1 by Burnleyhoop

Agree. It was a demoralising defeat, but we didn’t get the rub of the green and refereeing decisions went against us again. The effort was again good and it was by no means hoofball tactics.

Calling for Ainsworth’s head is knee jerk nonsense. We need Colback and Cannon in there and need to be creating more goal scoring opportunities. With a full first eleven out we have a chance. Lose any of the key players however, and this is a definite scrap for survival.

We’ve won 2 out of 9 games, we are 3rd from bottom, and our top goalscorer is our left back. We are already well and truly in a scrap for survival lad….

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Ainsworth on 11:37 - Oct 1 with 2752 viewsted_hendrix

He knew full well last season the squad he was inherating and he knew full well the clubs finances, he also knew full well that when he took over we were 8 points clear of relegation and you could say reasonably comfortable league position wise and yet by the end of last season we could and probably should have been relegated but for another club having a points deduction we escaped relegation.

This season he has brought In the players he has wanted too "given our budget and FFP constraints" and lo and behold by todays date we are already In the relegation zone, not because of crap refereeing decisions, not because of bad luck, not because of 'wicked deflections'

The reasons we are In the relegation zone Is down to our Manager, and our players who are just plain and simple not good enough.

Nobody forced GA Into the job, he attended the Interviews of his own free will, all this 'poor Gareth' stuff Is nonsense.

Week on week this club Is slowly getting worse and sinking, jesus wept we get celebrations on this MB If we manage a draw at home, FFS Is this really as good as It gets.?

Yesterday was another home loss, all the problems laid bare out there on the pitch for all to see, just as It will be at home to Blackburn.

Thank f ck we crept In the back door and burgled those two wins at Cardiff and Middlesbrough.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2023 12:27]

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Ainsworth on 11:38 - Oct 1 with 2749 viewsbaz_qpr

Ainsworth on 10:10 - Oct 1 by Wilkinswatercarrier

We are not creating enough chances though. This squad is not that different from Warburtons last season, bar Dickie and Dieng.

We can't keep saying if only. We know our strikers are not prolific, so we need to create more chances in game, but we don't. Willocks head has gone, but when picked he needs to be near Chair so they can cause havoc.
If games are won in midfield why send only 2 out? Colback is suspended, but why has SDM not replaced him?

We are not setup to win, more not lose and hope we get a goal and a 1-0 win. That is GA fault.

I think that's right, I have no issue with the set up and tactics away from home. I have no issue with the defensive set up and organisation. However at home or when we need to chase a game it seems when attacking with the ball its all free flow, no pattern of play, no one seems to know what the other is going to do, where the team mates are supposed to be. In the 3-4-2-1 set up you have to get beyond your striker, you can't have both midfielders sitting. When we get into good positions no one seems to be in the box and if we hit a cross it's often to no one, surely there must be two or 3 spots / plays they should be making where they know x player is supposed to be in y zone in that situation.
Ainsworth on 12:04 - Oct 1 with 2655 viewsR_from_afar

Ainsworth on 11:37 - Oct 1 by ted_hendrix

He knew full well last season the squad he was inherating and he knew full well the clubs finances, he also knew full well that when he took over we were 8 points clear of relegation and you could say reasonably comfortable league position wise and yet by the end of last season we could and probably should have been relegated but for another club having a points deduction we escaped relegation.

This season he has brought In the players he has wanted too "given our budget and FFP constraints" and lo and behold by todays date we are already In the relegation zone, not because of crap refereeing decisions, not because of bad luck, not because of 'wicked deflections'

The reasons we are In the relegation zone Is down to our Manager, and our players who are just plain and simple not good enough.

Nobody forced GA Into the job, he attended the Interviews of his own free will, all this 'poor Gareth' stuff Is nonsense.

Week on week this club Is slowly getting worse and sinking, jesus wept we get celebrations on this MB If we manage a draw at home, FFS Is this really as good as It gets.?

Yesterday was another home loss, all the problems laid bare out there on the pitch for all to see, just as It will be at home to Blackburn.

Thank f ck we crept In the back door and burgled those two wins at Cardiff and Middlesbrough.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2023 12:27]

"This season he has brought In the players he has wanted too" (sic.)

Ted, that sentence is only correct if you add the words "given our budget and FFP constraints".

While I am here, a huge difference between the squad Warburton had and this one is that Warbs had Willock regularly making game changing contributions. That is not the Willock we have today, sadly.

On this thread, there is talk both of Dykes being isolated and the midfield needing to be beefed up. It sounds challenging to me to achieve both things simultaneously, but then I am no tactical genius. Does it mean we need to go 3 5 2?

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Ainsworth on 12:30 - Oct 1 with 2562 viewsted_hendrix

Ainsworth on 12:04 - Oct 1 by R_from_afar

"This season he has brought In the players he has wanted too" (sic.)

Ted, that sentence is only correct if you add the words "given our budget and FFP constraints".

While I am here, a huge difference between the squad Warburton had and this one is that Warbs had Willock regularly making game changing contributions. That is not the Willock we have today, sadly.

On this thread, there is talk both of Dykes being isolated and the midfield needing to be beefed up. It sounds challenging to me to achieve both things simultaneously, but then I am no tactical genius. Does it mean we need to go 3 5 2?

I've ammended me thread to suit your comment no problem...

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Ainsworth on 12:32 - Oct 1 with 2560 viewsandrew1302

I think people are being very unfair on GA. Yes we can all discuss tactics etc but really could anyone else have done better with the mess he inherited. Compared to what Les signed , compared to Beale and Critchley has he really done worse given what he started with? For me the problem is that what he has set up , balls coming in from out wide to create opportunities for Dykes doesn't work as delivery is just awful. Smyth is a classic, does great work and then his cross is abject. So many times others simply get the delivery wrong. Was it that last corner from Paal yesterday which was floated in? We control games quite well and then we get to the place that matters and the delivery is terrible. Or we simply move to slow and pass it across or back allowing the opposition to regroup. At this level you need someone who can whip balls in and we seemingly have noone and that seems to me to be the central problem. Yes , unsuprisingly heads went down yesterday. Awful officials but we should have been ahead way before then. We simply did not create chances from the situations which GA would have practiced because of a lack of ability not management. Dykes can head a ball. That has been shown . Yesterday he got one decent cross and brought a great save out of their keeper. In between whiles we had Smyth knocking it into Row Z and unfortunately Wilock siimply devoid of whatever it was that sparked him a year or so back. At present at the end of his contract he is destined for League 1 as frankly he is not good enough for the Championship. I am not convinced any manager could do a lot more with what we have.
Ainsworth on 12:33 - Oct 1 with 2557 viewsfrancisbowles

Don't know how to get more out of this squad but a kneejerk reaction is not the answer. We all knew this season was going to be a struggle with the FFP handicap that got ourselves into.
Despite having very little to spend, it seems that we have better players than last year.
Tearing up the plan and starting again hasn't worked for us and we don't do new manager bounce
We've got to see it out to the end of the season and see if we can scrape enough points. If we fail, then Ainsworth is the man to start a rebuild in league1.
Right now, our concern should be Leeds on Wednesday night. What's the CB situation. Fox injured, Dunne hasn't had any game time, Clarke Salter just had an unplanned 90minutes, that he probably wasn't ready for and Cooke soldiered on after an early problem.
Ainsworth on 12:48 - Oct 1 with 2505 viewsjohnhoop

For the budget we’re on now, Richards may well be a truly appalling waste of money but to my mind nothing else compares to the £12 million we spaffed up the wall on SWP over 4 seasons when he was so poor he was unselectable for over half that period.
Ainsworth on 13:20 - Oct 1 with 2403 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ainsworth on 11:30 - Oct 1 by Northolt_Rs

We’ve won 2 out of 9 games, we are 3rd from bottom, and our top goalscorer is our left back. We are already well and truly in a scrap for survival lad….

I'm honestly amazed at the number of fans who can't see this, or have been blinded by a couple of scrappy draws into thinking we're suddenly quite 'solid'. I said a better theam than Birmingham would have taken their chances and put 3 past us. Coventry are a better team than Birmingham.

Bare bones.

Ainsworth on 13:31 - Oct 1 with 2343 viewsNov77

Over the last year we’re conceding 4 goals at home for every 1 that we score.
That is appalling. Previous generations of R’s fans wouldn’t put up with it and would let their feelings be known, current owners are blessed to have such a supine support base now.

Expect nothing, get nothing, feel nothing.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Ainsworth on 13:34 - Oct 1 with 2327 viewscharmr

I don’t get all this concern, we got a point last week at Birmingham.
Ainsworth on 13:49 - Oct 1 with 2271 viewskensalriser

Already been said, but it's worth saying again. 0-0 at half time with two fairly equally matched sides. One of them had a much better half time team talk and went on to win comfortably. At this point I'm just laughing at Dobson's supposed tactical nous. There isn't any. We are being coached like an amateur team.

Ainsworth is getting a very, very easy pass at the moment based entirely on the goodwill capital he has from playing for us.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Ainsworth on 14:09 - Oct 1 with 2188 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Robins is unbeaten in nine matches against Ainsworth, winning eight of them. Says it all really.
Ainsworth on 14:22 - Oct 1 with 2146 viewsE17hoop

How much difference would changing the manager make? It didn't make much of a difference after Beale, Holloway, Hasselbaink, Ramsay, Redknapp, Hughes...

A new manager would want new players who we can't give them. Critchley was meant to do that but wasn't good enough. I don't see many managers of the quality one would want to be available right now and willing to do the job with no money.

For this season - at least - Ainsworth is who we've got.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Ainsworth on 14:46 - Oct 1 with 2064 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ainsworth on 14:22 - Oct 1 by E17hoop

How much difference would changing the manager make? It didn't make much of a difference after Beale, Holloway, Hasselbaink, Ramsay, Redknapp, Hughes...

A new manager would want new players who we can't give them. Critchley was meant to do that but wasn't good enough. I don't see many managers of the quality one would want to be available right now and willing to do the job with no money.

For this season - at least - Ainsworth is who we've got.

Finally, some sanity.
Ainsworth on 15:22 - Oct 1 with 1959 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Ainsworth on 14:46 - Oct 1 by BazzaInTheLoft

Finally, some sanity.

We all know Warnock would keep us up this season.

Obviously the biggest problem are the people who have been appointing these managers but while we have a fanbase of cucks who blow smoke up their arses at the fans forum, we will continue to decline.
Ainsworth on 15:28 - Oct 1 with 1947 viewsEsox_Lucius

Ainsworth on 22:03 - Sep 30 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Ainsworth is not the answer. Since day 1 he has been poor. All he has done is get them running around and making an effort, so what? Tactically he is being found, almost every game.

Get him out, before we are gone.

And before I'm challenged, anyone is better than him.

Find a sport, maybe darts, that you could be more knowledgeable about and try to work within that framework. You are clearly clueless about soccer.

The grass is always greener.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024