Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ainsworth 17:14 - Sep 30 with 122838 viewsGloucs_R

Needs to be a discussion had.....

The squad we've got are not bottom 3.

We're getting tactically outmanoeuvred at home almost every time we play.

It's not a lack of experience in the team anymore. A lack of firepower, possibly, but we should be better than this.

Edit, perhaps I should have said our starting xi are not bottom 3. I agree, the overall squad is poor.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2023 17:29]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Ainsworth on 20:38 - Oct 4 with 3511 viewsNed_Kennedys

Ainsworth on 15:22 - Oct 4 by Esox_Lucius

Truth not trope. Direct from the fitness coach at the time. They made Zamora's life a misery, resulting in the comment that he would rather be fishing. You also seem to have a very low bar for legends.

Made up rubbish.
Why would a current employee gossip to some random supporter?
And the Bobby Zamora was well known for his passion for fishing: totally irrelevant.
Ainsworth on 22:11 - Oct 4 with 3179 viewsGloucs_R

Wasn't expecting any kind of result tonight but I think his time is up now. 😥

Another inept performance with absolutely no game plan other than to hit it long and hope Sinclair outpaces them.

It's so hard to watch. It's just not working.

Ainsworth on 22:13 - Oct 4 with 3149 viewsHayesender

Rumours going round that Wednesday want Warnock. Do we stick or twist?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Ainsworth on 22:19 - Oct 4 with 3089 viewsA40Bosh

Ainsworth on 22:11 - Oct 4 by Gloucs_R

Wasn't expecting any kind of result tonight but I think his time is up now. 😥

Another inept performance with absolutely no game plan other than to hit it long and hope Sinclair outpaces them.

It's so hard to watch. It's just not working.

But, seriously mate, if his time is up then whose time is it going to be next? - well for another 3-6 months and then whose going to then want to take us forward when we are relegated to League 1?

Warbs - told there was no money, told to bring forward the youth - took the job and then fell out with Exec team because he told them youth not good enough

Beale - told there was non money, told to bring forward the youth - took the job, took a look at the place and then phucked off first chance he could.

Critcheley - no window to spend any money anyway, took the job, got sacked same season

Ainsworth, told there was no money - took the job - in the year that there REALLY IS NO MONEY, told the play the youth - has started to play some of the youth, albeit with a couple of free transfers and NO loanees and is only 10 games in to his first full season.

Who next who WILL want to take the job once they know that we do not have a pot to piss in.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Ainsworth on 23:01 - Oct 4 with 2897 viewsDejR_vu

If my calculations are correct:
GA’s record last season was W3 (23%) / D2 (15%) / L8 (61%)
GA’s record this season (including the cup) is W2 (18%) / D2 (18%) / L7 (63%)
Overall W5 (21%) / D4 (16%)/ L15 (62%)

He’s getting less out of his squad than he got out of the wasters last season.

Winning 20% and losing 60% of games played is laughable. At that run rate we’re on for about 35 points this season, if we’re lucky. We’ve clearly got big problems but persevering with GA is just giving up.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Ainsworth on 06:08 - Oct 5 with 2550 viewsRs_Holy

Ainsworth on 22:19 - Oct 4 by A40Bosh

But, seriously mate, if his time is up then whose time is it going to be next? - well for another 3-6 months and then whose going to then want to take us forward when we are relegated to League 1?

Warbs - told there was no money, told to bring forward the youth - took the job and then fell out with Exec team because he told them youth not good enough

Beale - told there was non money, told to bring forward the youth - took the job, took a look at the place and then phucked off first chance he could.

Critcheley - no window to spend any money anyway, took the job, got sacked same season

Ainsworth, told there was no money - took the job - in the year that there REALLY IS NO MONEY, told the play the youth - has started to play some of the youth, albeit with a couple of free transfers and NO loanees and is only 10 games in to his first full season.

Who next who WILL want to take the job once they know that we do not have a pot to piss in.

Exactly this Bosh!

Maybe we can appoint Derren Brown next and have Dynamo as his assistant???.. as mentioned before, all the managers the club employs have a track record of success and winning promotions… They come to QPR and always ends badly.
I think our only hope now is that one or two of the youngsters comes good? Other clubs would have a splurge in the transfer market in January, it’s not an option for QPR.
Ainsworth on 07:05 - Oct 5 with 2430 viewsGaryBannister86

Someone will take it because it is the QPR job. Your financial points are of course correct, but we always find money for our managers - Cook, Rejectovic, Colback - a lot of money, actually.

Don't fall for Ainsworth's rhetoric that we are some tiny backwater punching above our weight. Cobblers.

If I was a manager, I'd fancy my chances of doing OK in the championship with a squad that included Cook, JCS, Paal, Field, Willock, Chair, Dykes, Armstrong, Colback.

GA - that was awful last night. The worst 1-0 defeat possible. Your tactics, philosophy and planning are non-existent.

You are ruining Dykes and Armstrong. You give Dykes no chance. Armstrong losing confidence already at having to play in such a way. Chair must be so miserable.

And give up on the long throws. Don't know if you have noticed, but NOT ONCE has anyone reached the edge of the six yard box with them. THEY DON'T WORK.

The inevitable 0-3 on Saturday and even the strangely reticent natives may get restless.
Ainsworth on 07:14 - Oct 5 with 2353 viewsstainrods_elbow

Ainsworth on 07:05 - Oct 5 by GaryBannister86

Someone will take it because it is the QPR job. Your financial points are of course correct, but we always find money for our managers - Cook, Rejectovic, Colback - a lot of money, actually.

Don't fall for Ainsworth's rhetoric that we are some tiny backwater punching above our weight. Cobblers.

If I was a manager, I'd fancy my chances of doing OK in the championship with a squad that included Cook, JCS, Paal, Field, Willock, Chair, Dykes, Armstrong, Colback.

GA - that was awful last night. The worst 1-0 defeat possible. Your tactics, philosophy and planning are non-existent.

You are ruining Dykes and Armstrong. You give Dykes no chance. Armstrong losing confidence already at having to play in such a way. Chair must be so miserable.

And give up on the long throws. Don't know if you have noticed, but NOT ONCE has anyone reached the edge of the six yard box with them. THEY DON'T WORK.

The inevitable 0-3 on Saturday and even the strangely reticent natives may get restless.

A miserably fair summation. We get mugged off by Ainsworth's old muckers this weekend and, sadly, the knives will be out. We can't go on like this. That showing at Elland Road was, pretty much from start to finish, in need of adult certification.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Login to get fewer ads

Ainsworth on 07:27 - Oct 5 with 2324 viewsQPRConor2000

Honestly, i think Ainsworth will be gone after Saturday, unless we win.

No tactical plan to nullify their threats, complete lack of threat in front of goal and that just about sums us up.

I think it's time for a change, loved Ainsworth as a player but I just don't think he has it as a manager for this level it pains me to say.
Ainsworth on 07:35 - Oct 5 with 2273 viewstraininvain

Surely has to go if we lose on Saturday, unless we’re just going to accept relegation this season and start again in League One under Ainsworth.
Ainsworth on 07:37 - Oct 5 with 2268 viewsJevlar

I’ve really wanted GA to succeed but it’s looking more unlikely. Optimism and positivity is all well and good but that’s not enough to get 3 points. The drain we’ve been circling for years might finally succeed in washing us away. But, I reckon GA will be around for a while yet - he doesn’t have the October loss to Brentford in the calendar to bookmark a date for his departure.
Ainsworth on 07:38 - Oct 5 with 2249 viewsThe_Beast1976

I think it's time we started taking it out on the board. They have run, and are continuing to run, this club into the ground and we're just accepting it. Yes they are putting in a lot of money to keep the club afloat but, regardless of that, the way they are running the club into the ground is completely unacceptable and we need to start letting them know that NOW.
Ainsworth on 07:44 - Oct 5 with 2246 viewsgolborne

Ainsworth on 07:05 - Oct 5 by GaryBannister86

Agree apart from this. “ You are ruining Dykes”.

Instead of pressing he may have been told to sit deep by the eejit - but he really isn’t a striker. I watched chair run it out of play last night when he should, in my initial assessment, have got a ball into the near post. Watch the replay and guess who was third in line to get to the near post.
There’s just no hunger to score goals. We’ve flattered in better recent years as we had Willock chipping in with Chair. Willock’s goals not replaced and it’s glaringly clear that playing around Dykes is a waste of time. Hopefully, somebody will be desperate in Jan and finally take him off our hands. We can then focus on trying to fix it up top.
Ainsworth on 07:44 - Oct 5 with 2247 viewsGloucs_R

Honestly, I would love GA to be a success here... absolutely love it. But it's not working.

Our first team are not bottom 3 standard. They are better than that.

Silly little things annoy me, like our set pieces. If you are struggling down the bottom then surely you spend some time on your set pieces. We couldn't even throw the ball last night.

Dykes can score, he does so for Scotland, so what the 🤬 is going on at Rangers???

I would have loved Mark Robins when he was linked to us a while back. Clearly no chance of him joining us now 🫤

I wish I had the answer.

Ainsworth on 08:31 - Oct 5 with 2120 viewshubble

I'm just going to throw this out there: Championship table, October 1st, 2022; bottom of the table: Coventry, with 6 points after 8 games.

Imagine if Coventry had sacked Mark Robins at that point. Now I'm not for a moment suggesting that Ainsworth is of the same calibre (in managerial terms) as Robins, or that we have an equivalent squad, but what I am saying is that it is still too early to predict how this crazy league will turn out.

At the same time, I have seen signs, even in last night's game, that there is a game plan, and there is certainly application and desire from the players. Sacking managers, as we all know only too well, doesn't always change things for the better, and there is certainly a case to be made for sticking with a manager. I have no illusions that GA, with this squad, can get us anywhere near the top of the table, but I do think he can achieve safety and stability. At this point, we need a platform to build on, whilst we adjust to the rigours of FFP. We're not in a position to go hunting for new managers without a pot to piss in.

At the same time, the board could do a lot more to sort this club out, starting with the bewildering number of staff on the books. Cut the costs right back, stay up this season, take a view next season. It's a reasonable approach.

Of course, if we lose at home on Saturday all this might be moot, as I think GA's position might become untenable.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Ainsworth on 08:35 - Oct 5 with 2105 viewsdmm

Saturday could be his last chance saloon. Win that game and he'll at least buy himself some time. The injuries to Coleback and Cook, and the suspension of Begovoc, could make a victory much harder than it already is.

Lose and the board has time to discuss whether to stick or twist.
Ainsworth on 08:37 - Oct 5 with 2086 viewsEsox_Lucius

Ainsworth on 20:38 - Oct 4 by Ned_Kennedys

Made up rubbish.
Why would a current employee gossip to some random supporter?
And the Bobby Zamora was well known for his passion for fishing: totally irrelevant.

I bet you believed the government did a great job with lockdown too. You're just saying it is made up because you don't want to believe the truth.
Onuoha's podcasts should have given you some clues too, along with the quickish removals at the time of Derry, Mackie, Barton & the promotion of Hill to club spokesman.

The grass is always greener.

Ainsworth on 08:41 - Oct 5 with 2067 viewsGaryBannister86

Ainsworth on 08:31 - Oct 5 by hubble

I'm just going to throw this out there: Championship table, October 1st, 2022; bottom of the table: Coventry, with 6 points after 8 games.

Imagine if Coventry had sacked Mark Robins at that point. Now I'm not for a moment suggesting that Ainsworth is of the same calibre (in managerial terms) as Robins, or that we have an equivalent squad, but what I am saying is that it is still too early to predict how this crazy league will turn out.

At the same time, I have seen signs, even in last night's game, that there is a game plan, and there is certainly application and desire from the players. Sacking managers, as we all know only too well, doesn't always change things for the better, and there is certainly a case to be made for sticking with a manager. I have no illusions that GA, with this squad, can get us anywhere near the top of the table, but I do think he can achieve safety and stability. At this point, we need a platform to build on, whilst we adjust to the rigours of FFP. We're not in a position to go hunting for new managers without a pot to piss in.

At the same time, the board could do a lot more to sort this club out, starting with the bewildering number of staff on the books. Cut the costs right back, stay up this season, take a view next season. It's a reasonable approach.

Of course, if we lose at home on Saturday all this might be moot, as I think GA's position might become untenable.

I certainly agree on the application and desire. GA has achieved that, although surely for a set of players that should be the bare minimum.

I don't get your signs that there is a plan though. I really don't. Unless the plan is awful long throws, the belief that Kakay is not a disaster zone, lumping it to Dykes or booting it for Armstrong to chase.

Play football at least, for lord's sake.
Ainsworth on 09:19 - Oct 5 with 1943 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I thought last night was devoid of any subtlety, any variation, any joy, any adventure and any danger. Whatever that was, it wasn't football.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ainsworth on 09:24 - Oct 5 with 1892 viewsGloucs_R

The alternatives... Not saying I would want them or if they would even come.... But most of these are available

Leam Richardson
Neil Warnock
Nathan Jones
Gary Monk
Lee Bowyer
Graham Potter
Steve Bruce
Slaven Bilic
Chris Wilder
Mark Warburton
Chris Houghton
Sol Campbell
Paul Ince

Sorry, couldn't resist putting the last two 😁

Not including any overseas managers.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2023 9:29]

Ainsworth on 09:31 - Oct 5 with 1849 viewsTheChef

Other managers have played similarly, er, pragmatic football especially away from home. But Ainsworth can do no right it seems. Aside from one defensive cock up we were close to getting a point against a team who were playing Premier League football last season. I could have accepted that.

Didn't we all say, even before Ainsworth was offered the job, it'll never work out, he'll get pelters from the fans, his legacy as a great player for us will be tarnished. And well - here we are.

Just give the guy some time! We've seen over and over again that changing managers makes little or no difference - surely we all realise the real issue lies higher up?

PS Our throw ins are still fkin shite (but then they have been for a very long time)

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Ainsworth on 09:35 - Oct 5 with 1833 viewseghamranger

Ainsworth on 09:24 - Oct 5 by Gloucs_R

The alternatives... Not saying I would want them or if they would even come.... But most of these are available

Leam Richardson
Neil Warnock
Nathan Jones
Gary Monk
Lee Bowyer
Graham Potter
Steve Bruce
Slaven Bilic
Chris Wilder
Mark Warburton
Chris Houghton
Sol Campbell
Paul Ince

Think I would stick!!

Some shockers on there
Ainsworth on 09:41 - Oct 5 with 1784 viewsslmrstid

Not that I see it as anything other than shouting into the wind, but anyone who thinks getting rid of Ainsworth will lead to the club that has been losing solidly for nearly 2 long and depressing years now under 4 different managers to a radical change in results and fortune is absolutely kidding themselves.
Ainsworth on 10:02 - Oct 5 with 1682 viewsTheChef

Ainsworth on 09:24 - Oct 5 by Gloucs_R

Leam Richardson
Neil Warnock
Nathan Jones
Gary Monk
Lee Bowyer
Graham Potter
Steve Bruce
Slaven Bilic
Chris Wilder
Mark Warburton
Chris Houghton
Sol Campbell
Paul Ince

Graham Potter.

None of the others, thanks.

Can't say we're exactly an attractive proposition with the current players and finances.

And can we afford to sack Ainsworth and pay him off anyway??

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Ainsworth on 10:04 - Oct 5 with 1673 viewsDieByYourSide

Anyone got our PPG since the glorious 4-0 win over Reading under Warbs where we seemed destined for promotion? Been utter crap aside from a dozen games under Beale ever since.

Poll: And it's hi ho

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024