Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ainsworth 17:14 - Sep 30 with 121269 viewsGloucs_R

Needs to be a discussion had.....

The squad we've got are not bottom 3.

We're getting tactically outmanoeuvred at home almost every time we play.

It's not a lack of experience in the team anymore. A lack of firepower, possibly, but we should be better than this.

Edit, perhaps I should have said our starting xi are not bottom 3. I agree, the overall squad is poor.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2023 17:29]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Ainsworth on 21:56 - Sep 30 with 3163 viewsdaveB

goals change games, nothing it it today really at 0-0 but they get the first goal which was offside and we were dogshit for 20 mins after that

I don't think I've ever seen a team that has to score the first goal as much as this one
Ainsworth on 22:01 - Sep 30 with 3113 viewsRangersw12

Ainsworth on 21:53 - Sep 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

What’s he supposed to do? Play six across the midfield?

Go like for like
[Post edited 30 Sep 2023 22:04]
Ainsworth on 22:03 - Sep 30 with 3093 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Ainsworth is not the answer. Since day 1 he has been poor. All he has done is get them running around and making an effort, so what? Tactically he is being found, almost every game.

Get him out, before we are gone.

And before I'm challenged, anyone is better than him.
Ainsworth on 22:06 - Sep 30 with 3059 viewsessextaxiboy

Ainsworth on 19:04 - Sep 30 by HAYESBOY

Have just seen the goals and their first two are very lucky. Both have double deflections to favour them. Also the pen is stonewall. What was the ref seeing out there. He should be rested for a couple of games at least becausse its a shocking decision.
Doesn't hide from the fact that the second half was unacceptable.
Gareth looks worried there. He is catching up to us.

Agreed , we are not very good ( good enough to avoid the drop imo) and not very lucky . Get Colback and Cannon in there , get the rub of the green and hopefully we keep the points ticking .
I said after Watford we should review things after the Blackburn game when 12 points was about par , we will struggle to make that now, although how we afford to change managers assistants and coaches again I don't know.
Ainsworth on 22:09 - Sep 30 with 3038 viewsnumptydumpty

Ainsworth on 22:03 - Sep 30 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Ainsworth is not the answer. Since day 1 he has been poor. All he has done is get them running around and making an effort, so what? Tactically he is being found, almost every game.

Get him out, before we are gone.

And before I'm challenged, anyone is better than him.

When we try to push on at home, we end up being wide open on the break and I am never surprised when we fade and the other team takes their chances

We seriously dont take our chances

At home there is still a serious lack of belief - we have been a decent side away from home.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Ainsworth on 22:47 - Sep 30 with 2949 viewsGaryBannister86

It's a difficult one as he inherited such rubbish and clearly has done a good job on team spirit. Recruitment has seemed ok too.

But, by god his style at home is embarrassing. The only time we didn't have Rejectovic taking time out from his Chelsea podcasts to hoof it in the general direction of Dykes was after we pulled one back and that was probably the best thing to do.

Who exactly was Lyndon meamt to be heading it to? What chance does he have when every opposition manager knows that is what our main tactic is? They just stick a giant centre back against him and we are stuffed.

We've got good players and GA's way of playing is making them seem bad. If we are going to just hoof it then at least be manic and agressuve and give it a go, but first half we were so flat.

Rejectovic - good podcasts
Kakay - tries but disaster show
Fox - great shift, well done mate
Cook - solid but can't do it all
JCS - well he turned uo
Paal - good man
Field - King Canute
Chair - must hate playing under this manager
Willock - oh dear
Dozzell - i did notice he was playing today
Dykes - give him a chance by varying tactics please
Smyth - good pace and effort, overhit every single cross
Sinclair - has to start. Definite pen, slaughtered the full back for the goal

Day rounded off by someone in safe standing bringing his Chelsea mates along. Brilliant.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2023 22:50]
Ainsworth on 23:12 - Sep 30 with 2866 viewsPeterHucker

We’ve got a very poor squad of players.
Ainsworth doing the best with what he’s got.

Apart from Chair & Dykes, who else would get in the first XI of the other mid to lower Championship team?

The reason we’re not winning matches is because the players aren’t much cop, even when they’re busting a gut & giving their all as they have done in most of the recent games
Ainsworth on 23:24 - Sep 30 with 2803 viewssevenhoop

Ainsworth on 23:12 - Sep 30 by PeterHucker

We’ve got a very poor squad of players.
Ainsworth doing the best with what he’s got.

Apart from Chair & Dykes, who else would get in the first XI of the other mid to lower Championship team?

The reason we’re not winning matches is because the players aren’t much cop, even when they’re busting a gut & giving their all as they have done in most of the recent games

No please stay with him. Sick to death of looking to get rid of managers at the drop of a hat. He’s doing his best with no resources. And we’ve desperately missed Colback for 3 and 3/4 games. He is so vital for this team.

Their goal came from a free kick needlessly given away by Kakay, but was offside anyway. Who knows what would have happened if the linesman has done his job. And as for the not given penalty, that cannot be the manger’s fault.
Login to get fewer ads

Ainsworth on 00:24 - Oct 1 with 2707 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ainsworth on 21:13 - Sep 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

Maybe I’m in a minority, but I just don’t think this is Ainsworth’s fault.

I'd argue in this league you need good players or a good manager (maybe in any league!) - we have neither.

Bare bones.

Ainsworth on 00:34 - Oct 1 with 2679 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ainsworth on 00:24 - Oct 1 by Antti_Heinola

I'd argue in this league you need good players or a good manager (maybe in any league!) - we have neither.

In regard to the manager, I think if you have three promotions under your belt in the EFL you are entitled to call yourself a good manager and I don’t think top of League One is so far in quality from bottom half of Championship as we think.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2023 0:50]
Ainsworth on 01:14 - Oct 1 with 2611 viewsLblock

Ainsworth on 00:34 - Oct 1 by BazzaInTheLoft

In regard to the manager, I think if you have three promotions under your belt in the EFL you are entitled to call yourself a good manager and I don’t think top of League One is so far in quality from bottom half of Championship as we think.

I agree - getting promoted at any level makes you a good manager
Brilliant at the level from where you’ve come from, should be okay where you’re going to unless it’s the Prem (as players automatically become bigger vvankers then)

Get promoted on a budget of zilch and you’re a genius

I do think League One is quite a distance from the Championship in quality though.
However one only has to look at Ipswich to totally shoot my thoughts down or back them up!!!!

I’m still behind Ainsworth
Everyone digging him out needs to realise he’s Mr Motivator whereas Dobbo is commonly accepted as being the tactical nous behind the scenes. Maybe he need “help”?

Our problems remain glaringly obvious to me:
No goal scorer
Little pace in midfield or defence
Willock is a shell of the player he was
Kakay as a regular starter
Budget spunked on Waster Richards

Might throw Ains glass ceiling at the bottom of that list but I refuse to dig him out and will try hard not to even if we drop. My questions for him today would be why JCS didn’t start ahead of Kakay, why leave one and a half v three in the middle and why more changes (personnel and tactics) weren’t carried out when chasing the game. They are legitimate questions and NOT slagging him off

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Ainsworth on 03:54 - Oct 1 with 2526 viewsHitch

People on here seem to think a Manager is a magician.
I have watched the clowns on here complain about everyone we have had, and where are we now?
Give yourselves an uppercut and realize we have no money and our players are accordingly skilled!
Let the paint dry on Ainsworths door for fk sake.
Ainsworth on 04:28 - Oct 1 with 2512 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Ainsworth on 03:54 - Oct 1 by Hitch

People on here seem to think a Manager is a magician.
I have watched the clowns on here complain about everyone we have had, and where are we now?
Give yourselves an uppercut and realize we have no money and our players are accordingly skilled!
Let the paint dry on Ainsworths door for fk sake.

"Clowns " on here are as passionate educated and worthy of their opinion as you and maybe you should give yourself an uppercut .
We all know the fight to stay up is real and Ainsworth is not getting anything enough out of his players right now and worse still looks like its not improving anytime soon .
Once we fall behind its game over and all his post match b.s fails to cover that up .
Without creating chances we cannot score goals and without goals we are doomed to fail.
GA has been in the job all Spring , Summer and we look worse at home than we were before he came so what exactly has he changed .
Ainsworth on 05:44 - Oct 1 with 2470 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Ainsworth on 04:28 - Oct 1 by CLAREMAN1995

"Clowns " on here are as passionate educated and worthy of their opinion as you and maybe you should give yourself an uppercut .
We all know the fight to stay up is real and Ainsworth is not getting anything enough out of his players right now and worse still looks like its not improving anytime soon .
Once we fall behind its game over and all his post match b.s fails to cover that up .
Without creating chances we cannot score goals and without goals we are doomed to fail.
GA has been in the job all Spring , Summer and we look worse at home than we were before he came so what exactly has he changed .

Nail on the head.

Goals win matches. Setting us up in the hope we'll score first and then scrap through the rest of the match for a win isn't working. The main problem with his tactics is that the other team knows what we are doing, whether that's booting it up to Dykes or dope on a rope, and he's incapable of adapting if we fall behind.

A very limited manager, who did an excellent job at a limited club, but who will relegate us.
Ainsworth on 06:47 - Oct 1 with 2413 viewsNorthantsHoop

Ainsworth on 00:34 - Oct 1 by BazzaInTheLoft

Agree I was at Northampton v Barnsley last weekend and looking at Barnsley who won the game they would I say quite easily fit again in the bottom half of the Championship as they have done in recent years. As regards QPR with Ainsworth I fear we are now one of the 3 worst teams in the Championship and the table does not lie in this respect. Find it hard to blame Ainsworth as for me we have been on a downward spiral since letting Warburton and Eustace go.
Ainsworth on 07:19 - Oct 1 with 2352 viewsNortholt_Rs

Ainsworth on 01:14 - Oct 1 by Lblock

I agree - getting promoted at any level makes you a good manager
Brilliant at the level from where you’ve come from, should be okay where you’re going to unless it’s the Prem (as players automatically become bigger vvankers then)

Get promoted on a budget of zilch and you’re a genius

I do think League One is quite a distance from the Championship in quality though.
However one only has to look at Ipswich to totally shoot my thoughts down or back them up!!!!

I’m still behind Ainsworth
Everyone digging him out needs to realise he’s Mr Motivator whereas Dobbo is commonly accepted as being the tactical nous behind the scenes. Maybe he need “help”?

Our problems remain glaringly obvious to me:
No goal scorer
Little pace in midfield or defence
Willock is a shell of the player he was
Kakay as a regular starter
Budget spunked on Waster Richards

Might throw Ains glass ceiling at the bottom of that list but I refuse to dig him out and will try hard not to even if we drop. My questions for him today would be why JCS didn’t start ahead of Kakay, why leave one and a half v three in the middle and why more changes (personnel and tactics) weren’t carried out when chasing the game. They are legitimate questions and NOT slagging him off

“ My questions for him today would be why JCS didn’t start ahead of Kakay, why leave one and a half v three in the middle and why more changes (personnel and tactics) weren’t carried out when chasing the game.”

That’s why we lost the game and all of those points are on Ainsworth.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Ainsworth on 07:35 - Oct 1 with 2318 viewsdmm

No one's mentioned Dobson who, I've thought, is more the tactician with Ainsworth being the motivator. If that's the case the players seem motivated enough but the tactics do not work, particularly when the opposition change theirs after half time as we saw yesterday.

I believe we've just enough in the squad to stay up but the coaching team must find a way to get more out of them, and PDQ.
Ainsworth on 08:28 - Oct 1 with 2225 viewsDejR_vu

Ainsworth on 07:35 - Oct 1 by dmm

No one's mentioned Dobson who, I've thought, is more the tactician with Ainsworth being the motivator. If that's the case the players seem motivated enough but the tactics do not work, particularly when the opposition change theirs after half time as we saw yesterday.

I believe we've just enough in the squad to stay up but the coaching team must find a way to get more out of them, and PDQ.

It’s looking like Dobbo might be a textbook coach, one who’s passed all the courses, got the badges, but that’s it. It’s the same in every walk of life, you find people who have passed the exams and are qualified to do a job, but it doesn’t make them good at that job.

It seems pretty obvious neither of them can make in game tactical changes, so once the opposition work us out and make their own tactical changes, we’re done for. It was absolutely no surprise that having reached half time all square, we got stuffed in the second half.

This is why we’re so poor at coming back when we fall behind. The opposition know what we’re going to do, set up to nullify us, and we just keep smashing away, hoping we can wear them down, get a lucky break or a worldy (Dykes’ header against Swansea was outstanding), rather than cone up with a game plan that gives them something to deal with. It might work in League 1 but, more often than not, it’s not going to work at a higher level, which is borne out by the stats.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2023 9:00]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Ainsworth on 08:44 - Oct 1 with 2186 viewsQPROslo

Ainsworth on 19:34 - Sep 30 by baz_qpr

At half time talking with the guys everyone thought we had played well, I thought we looked fairly solid defensively (having said that they got in one on one twice) but very poor going forward. Dykes had a great header but was poor otherwise. But the thing that really struck me was when we had the ball we nearly always had 8 0r 9 behind the ball, we only had one in the box so you are relying on pinpoint delivery for 1 to beat 4 or 5, and we just dont have that. Little Smyth for all his wing play can't cross a ball Chair was picking the ball up in front of the defence often behind Paal and then there was zero movement. Set pieces continue to be awful if we get the ball past the first man in its a little floater easy to defend

I've read praise for Dozzell who had a really good 15 minutes when the game was lost when he actually started driving forward rather than just sitting, but was poor for the previous 70.

We, under successive managers Warburton, Beale, Critchley and now Ainsworth seem to have no pattern of play going forward. Coventry the polar opposite every time they got into attacking positions they knew what they were going to do where their team member was going to be. We could spunk tens of millions on strikers and it will make no difference if we dont actually create clear cut chances.

I dont think man for man coventry looked a more talented team, Sims scored twice and was pretty poor tbh, but what they do look is well coached and today we looked anything but
[Post edited 30 Sep 2023 19:35]

I thought Dozzell had a good game defensively, linking play, and when he got forward 2nd half with 2 decent attempts on goal, more than most. His stats on Sky tend to support this. Field had one of his worst games for us, he seemed to get forward more than usual and then he usually lost the ball. I didn't really understand why he was getting forward more than Dozzell who was more effective when he did - poor decisions by them or GA?
Ainsworth on 08:47 - Oct 1 with 2157 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Ainsworth on 08:28 - Oct 1 by DejR_vu

It’s looking like Dobbo might be a textbook coach, one who’s passed all the courses, got the badges, but that’s it. It’s the same in every walk of life, you find people who have passed the exams and are qualified to do a job, but it doesn’t make them good at that job.

It seems pretty obvious neither of them can make in game tactical changes, so once the opposition work us out and make their own tactical changes, we’re done for. It was absolutely no surprise that having reached half time all square, we got stuffed in the second half.

This is why we’re so poor at coming back when we fall behind. The opposition know what we’re going to do, set up to nullify us, and we just keep smashing away, hoping we can wear them down, get a lucky break or a worldy (Dykes’ header against Swansea was outstanding), rather than cone up with a game plan that gives them something to deal with. It might work in League 1 but, more often than not, it’s not going to work at a higher level, which is borne out by the stats.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2023 9:00]

The worst thing is that at half time I imagine most people knew Coventry would change it. Yet we stay the same.

I'm baffled that JCS started on the bench behind Kakay. Plain weird that Smyth is still being employed as a RWB when he can't defend.
Still sending 2 midfielders out against 3, despite it not working before.
Long balls to Dykes to flick onto........?
If you play Willock and Chair have them close to each other.

To me it seems GA doesn't know how he wants the team to play. I'm watching and I can't see any real patterns going forward, and defensively we are all at sea.

10 games in then we can judge GA is what we were told. Well 9 gone, and we are 3rd bottom.
Ainsworth on 08:51 - Oct 1 with 2144 viewsPaddyhoops

Ainsworth on 17:40 - Sep 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

Didn’t go today, so can’t appreciate the awfulness but just want to remind people it‘s expensive to sack a manager and most of you though we‘d get relegated anyway.

We’re getting relegated by February at this rate.
Can’t expect to stay in this division with home form like this .
It’s shocking and embarrassing and utterly soul destroying turning up week after looking at this dross.
Probably can’t afford to sack him anyway. So can’t see it happening.
Ainsworth on 09:02 - Oct 1 with 2104 viewsDejR_vu

Ainsworth on 08:51 - Oct 1 by Paddyhoops

We’re getting relegated by February at this rate.
Can’t expect to stay in this division with home form like this .
It’s shocking and embarrassing and utterly soul destroying turning up week after looking at this dross.
Probably can’t afford to sack him anyway. So can’t see it happening.

We’d have to put them on gardening leave and keep paying them to spread the cost.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Ainsworth on 09:38 - Oct 1 with 1978 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Ainsworth on 09:02 - Oct 1 by DejR_vu

We’d have to put them on gardening leave and keep paying them to spread the cost.

If we ditch Gaz, then the even bigger question needs asking, answering and addressing.

For yet again those who run QPR will have got it wrong. Our record of appointing managers since Tango and Cash arrived is abysmal, and those heavily involved in this period remain in decision making roles.

They got it right when they appointed Warnock, but then effed up sacking him and then choosing JFH over him. It continues to look like letting Warbs go was wrong and frankly, I've got zilch confidence those at the helm will get it right.

None of us wanted Gaz, and while I love his desire to do well, its not looked good where it matters. We really can't afford to sack Gaz, and Warnock is at best, a stop-gap.

It really needs someone to point out to Gaz where the failings in his management are, and thinking through what he needs. Not sure Warnock would accept a mentor/ assistant job telling Gaz and Dobbo how to improve in-game management. Because the way we lose and reading you lot, this is where Gaz's management is weakest.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Ainsworth on 09:51 - Oct 1 with 1916 viewsdavman

No-one else will take this suicide mission on. Warnock might, but f-me how short term is that? So, I think that they HAVE to stick.

On the team, there are just no goals in it. We will not get any more than 35 goals this season and that will only ever end one way.

It absolutely is a relegation squad.

Not GA's fault...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Ainsworth on 10:10 - Oct 1 with 1853 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Ainsworth on 09:51 - Oct 1 by davman

No-one else will take this suicide mission on. Warnock might, but f-me how short term is that? So, I think that they HAVE to stick.

On the team, there are just no goals in it. We will not get any more than 35 goals this season and that will only ever end one way.

It absolutely is a relegation squad.

Not GA's fault...

We are not creating enough chances though. This squad is not that different from Warburtons last season, bar Dickie and Dieng.

We can't keep saying if only. We know our strikers are not prolific, so we need to create more chances in game, but we don't. Willocks head has gone, but when picked he needs to be near Chair so they can cause havoc.
If games are won in midfield why send only 2 out? Colback is suspended, but why has SDM not replaced him?

We are not setup to win, more not lose and hope we get a goal and a 1-0 win. That is GA fault.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024