Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ainsworth 17:14 - Sep 30 with 122097 viewsGloucs_R

Needs to be a discussion had.....

The squad we've got are not bottom 3.

We're getting tactically outmanoeuvred at home almost every time we play.

It's not a lack of experience in the team anymore. A lack of firepower, possibly, but we should be better than this.

Edit, perhaps I should have said our starting xi are not bottom 3. I agree, the overall squad is poor.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2023 17:29]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Ainsworth on 09:57 - Oct 3 with 3198 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Ainsworth on 10:23 - Oct 2 by Rangersw12

When they do the season budget I'm sure they would factor in costs like that , if they don't then they're even more incompetent than I first thought .

So, Rangers have several millions sat there for the annual - sometimes biannual - managerial cull. I doubt it.

But given the policy of chop-and-change managers has been at the root of our problems for the last 17 years, maybe, just maybe, we can neither afford another round of severance payments and what we really need or, simply have to do: is focus on getting us through the now historical malaise the owners mismanagement of QPR has steered us towards.

Personally no, I wouldn't have appointed GA however, he's here, it is what it is, and he/we need to hone in on what does seem to be working out for him and the players, and do it at home.

Yet again, I'm forced to ask Mrs PH where's my passport, schlep to Toulouse, board a jet, negotiate a teain strike and rock up at bloody QPR to sort the mess out again. I can't leave you lot for five effing minutes without someone making a total balls up of it!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Ainsworth on 10:25 - Oct 3 with 3088 viewsPunteR

Ainsworth on 08:57 - Oct 2 by Padulas_Shampoo

How was it a lunatic appointment?

They were about to set a League One budget and somehow needed to get that budget stretched far enough to survive in the Championship. In that environment they appointed a man that had experience with working with low budgets and stretching them further than they should go. What's more, he was one of the few - possibly only - experienced managers that actively wanted to come here.

Look he might well fail and he might well be to blame but there's no need to take everyone else at the club down with him. They knew austerity was coming and appointed a man used to working in such circumstances.

If there was any lunacy about it, it was expecting large swathes of our fanbase who accept only instant gratification to understand the intangible things that make Ainsworth's teams thrive take a long time to achieve.

Warburton had us in relegation form.

Let's not talk about Beale but post-October he was in relegation form.

Critchley never served up anything other than relegation form.

I'm not sure how many times we'd have to rinse and repeat this - to great cost - before it's understood the manager might not be the entire problem. There might not be a manager alive that could keep us up this year. We spunked the budget on Warburton's last season and Beale's 20 week tenure. Literally. We spent some of Ainsworth's money to appease Beale.

Goes back further than Warburton. I know lots of fans like to blame his era for our current mess but we've been misspending before Warburton rocked up. Don't forget MacClarens "team of men".
How many players have we had over the last 8-10 year? How many were actually any good and sold at a profit. ?
Warburton had to deal with the mess before him too.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ainsworth on 10:27 - Oct 3 with 3075 viewsTheChef

Ainsworth on 10:25 - Oct 3 by PunteR

Goes back further than Warburton. I know lots of fans like to blame his era for our current mess but we've been misspending before Warburton rocked up. Don't forget MacClarens "team of men".
How many players have we had over the last 8-10 year? How many were actually any good and sold at a profit. ?
Warburton had to deal with the mess before him too.

We've largely been a managerial mess since Warnock left (not that I'm saying we should get him back).

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Ainsworth on 10:33 - Oct 3 with 3019 viewsPunteR

Ainsworth on 10:27 - Oct 3 by TheChef

We've largely been a managerial mess since Warnock left (not that I'm saying we should get him back).

I know some posters here won't like it but we've been a mess because of an inexperienced DoF with no clear vision and basically a yes man for owners that are clueless.
Ainsworth isn't very good at managing at this level. It's pretty clear to most. We will be a L1 club next season and probably be there for a while unfortunately.

Ainsworth on 10:37 - Oct 3 with 2991 viewsTheChef

Ainsworth on 10:33 - Oct 3 by PunteR

I know some posters here won't like it but we've been a mess because of an inexperienced DoF with no clear vision and basically a yes man for owners that are clueless.
Ainsworth isn't very good at managing at this level. It's pretty clear to most. We will be a L1 club next season and probably be there for a while unfortunately.

I sometimes think some of our fans want us to get relegated, just so they can say "I told you so!"

Ainsworth on 10:46 - Oct 3 with 2939 viewsJuzzie

Ainsworth on 17:57 - Oct 2 by francisbowles

Yes after NW had saddled us with Barton, SWP, Ferdinand, Young and Traore.

Briatore essentially saddled us with those players by refusing to sanction any player acquisitions, such as Ashley Williams, and sell the club sooner.
By the time he did sell the club those players mentioned were all that was left at the bottom of the barrel with a week or two to go in the transfer window.
Ainsworth on 10:49 - Oct 3 with 2907 viewsNed_Kennedys

Ainsworth on 09:43 - Oct 2 by Esox_Lucius

"I'm calling up Warnock and offering him whatever he wants." result; short term spend up and points deduction. Well done! We blew right through FFP when he was last in charge, what makes you think he can do it with no money?

Well he seemed to do well at Huddersfield and Rotherham with no money to be fair.

I’d stick with Ainsworth though.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2023 10:52]
Ainsworth on 11:06 - Oct 3 with 2819 viewsDeanoMD

Ainsworth on 08:57 - Oct 2 by Padulas_Shampoo

How was it a lunatic appointment?

They were about to set a League One budget and somehow needed to get that budget stretched far enough to survive in the Championship. In that environment they appointed a man that had experience with working with low budgets and stretching them further than they should go. What's more, he was one of the few - possibly only - experienced managers that actively wanted to come here.

Look he might well fail and he might well be to blame but there's no need to take everyone else at the club down with him. They knew austerity was coming and appointed a man used to working in such circumstances.

If there was any lunacy about it, it was expecting large swathes of our fanbase who accept only instant gratification to understand the intangible things that make Ainsworth's teams thrive take a long time to achieve.

Warburton had us in relegation form.

Let's not talk about Beale but post-October he was in relegation form.

Critchley never served up anything other than relegation form.

I'm not sure how many times we'd have to rinse and repeat this - to great cost - before it's understood the manager might not be the entire problem. There might not be a manager alive that could keep us up this year. We spunked the budget on Warburton's last season and Beale's 20 week tenure. Literally. We spent some of Ainsworth's money to appease Beale.

Nail on the head....
Login to get fewer ads

Ainsworth on 11:25 - Oct 3 with 2741 viewsfrancisbowles

Ainsworth on 10:46 - Oct 3 by Juzzie

Briatore essentially saddled us with those players by refusing to sanction any player acquisitions, such as Ashley Williams, and sell the club sooner.
By the time he did sell the club those players mentioned were all that was left at the bottom of the barrel with a week or two to go in the transfer window.

Yes that's absolutely true but Warnock then persuaded the new board to sign them on long expensive contracts. Set the benchmark for what was to follow. He had already signed Bothroyd, Campbell, Dyer, Gabbidon and one or two others. We had added several during the previous season as well.

Should have stuck with the players that got us out of the Championship, a few of whom were with us and still fighting for us, for a long time after he was gone.
Ainsworth on 11:31 - Oct 3 with 2700 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Ainsworth on 11:25 - Oct 3 by francisbowles

Yes that's absolutely true but Warnock then persuaded the new board to sign them on long expensive contracts. Set the benchmark for what was to follow. He had already signed Bothroyd, Campbell, Dyer, Gabbidon and one or two others. We had added several during the previous season as well.

Should have stuck with the players that got us out of the Championship, a few of whom were with us and still fighting for us, for a long time after he was gone.

Yes, but if you commit to that, then sacking him a few months later when we weren't even in the relegation zone, is perhaps not the smartest move...
Ainsworth on 11:41 - Oct 3 with 2674 viewsTheChef

Yes some largely average players there - his biggest mistake though was signing Barton.

Ainsworth on 11:48 - Oct 3 with 2649 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I think the problem was NW entered the TW with owners looking to sell-up and his budget and resulting acquisitions reflected that and, as said above and many times before, when the useless prat from KL rocked up, the dregs left in the barrel were what we left mulling over.

Young, Traore, and SWP should never have been signed and the money kept until January. Many of us at the time were urging caution, suggesting yo-yoing wasn't the worst thing in the world and I can't think of (m)any who were advocating the spunking of cash in the manner we did. Not one!

I am afraid, Fernandes the prat got it spectacularly wrong and the overwhelming majority of fans were telling him so. The fat, usless c..t never listened and thought he knew better, and NW should never have been sacked when he was.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Ainsworth on 12:42 - Oct 3 with 2518 viewsTheChef

Ainsworth on 11:48 - Oct 3 by PlanetHonneywood

I think the problem was NW entered the TW with owners looking to sell-up and his budget and resulting acquisitions reflected that and, as said above and many times before, when the useless prat from KL rocked up, the dregs left in the barrel were what we left mulling over.

Young, Traore, and SWP should never have been signed and the money kept until January. Many of us at the time were urging caution, suggesting yo-yoing wasn't the worst thing in the world and I can't think of (m)any who were advocating the spunking of cash in the manner we did. Not one!

I am afraid, Fernandes the prat got it spectacularly wrong and the overwhelming majority of fans were telling him so. The fat, usless c..t never listened and thought he knew better, and NW should never have been sacked when he was.

Always a regret (amongst others) that TF took over just before the transfer window shut - meaning we could still go out and sign whatever dross was still available.

Ainsworth on 12:43 - Oct 3 with 2505 viewsE17hoop

Ainsworth on 09:02 - Oct 3 by slmrstid

2010/11 was a magical season and I loved every minute of it, but QPR also had one of the biggest wage bills in the league that season so lets not pretend Warnock did it on a shoestring.

This source has us down as 2nd highest wage bill that season, and wages at 183% of revenue, the highest in the league by an absolute country mile.

Wonderful season as a fan, wonderful memories. Not cheap and plucky underdog upsetting the odds.
https://www.thescratchingshed.com/2012/04/championship-clubs-financial-results-2

Thank you - Warnock had ALL the resources.

He went to Hudds to keep them up and didn't fancy staying when he was told there was no money available. He wouldn't have an interest in coming back.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Ainsworth on 13:02 - Oct 3 with 2413 viewsGaryBannister86

This is what winds me up most about Ainsworth, look at his quote about tomorrow. "Leeds are a premier league outfit, but anybody can beat anybody on their day".

Moving aside the obvious point that they are definitely not a premier league outfit, that is the sort of thing a League Two manager comes out with when they draw a big club away in the 3rd round of the FA Cup.

Why does he have to paint us so negatively the whole time. How about a bit of confidence?
Ainsworth on 13:24 - Oct 3 with 2320 viewsPunteR

Ainsworth on 11:48 - Oct 3 by PlanetHonneywood

I don't think Warnock even expected to still be manager when we got promoted. I remember an interview after the Leeds game where he alluded to not being wanted.
Nothing was sorted when we won promotion, no sponsorship, not even a open top bus parade, no plans for future players. Nothing. Say what we like about tango and cash but Bhatia and that other fella I can't remember the name of. Ses ,Sek.Sed... something .. they were the ones running things with the backing of billionaire owners the Mittals. They get away with some of the blame somehow but they were always there too. Bhatia is still our Chairman. ! Nice guy, speaks well, absolutely clueless about running football clubs.

Ainsworth (n/t) on 13:28 - Oct 3 with 2316 viewsActonExile

Poll: Wherever QPR end up playing home games in the future, what is most important?

Ainsworth on 13:39 - Oct 3 with 2264 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Ainsworth on 13:24 - Oct 3 by PunteR

I don't think Warnock even expected to still be manager when we got promoted. I remember an interview after the Leeds game where he alluded to not being wanted.
Nothing was sorted when we won promotion, no sponsorship, not even a open top bus parade, no plans for future players. Nothing. Say what we like about tango and cash but Bhatia and that other fella I can't remember the name of. Ses ,Sek.Sed... something .. they were the ones running things with the backing of billionaire owners the Mittals. They get away with some of the blame somehow but they were always there too. Bhatia is still our Chairman. ! Nice guy, speaks well, absolutely clueless about running football clubs.

Don't forget, even when we don't think he's attending the home games, he's there, either behind a screen or wearing a disguise.
Ainsworth on 13:44 - Oct 3 with 2254 viewsActonExile

If a starting XI were to be produced of players (Home grown only) from 2014 - 2023 it may show why we are where we are, regardless of who the manager is most good teams have a core of local grafters and a sprinkle of stars.

Our problem is we can't spend good money on stars because we are have to buy the local grafters.

P.S. The term local grafters is not meant to offend, i just couldn't think of a better phrase for the Warren Neill's, Ian Dawes, Richard Langley's, etc

Hopefully, with new training ground up and running we may be in a better position in a few years time if we can just not get relegated.

Poll: Wherever QPR end up playing home games in the future, what is most important?

Ainsworth on 14:11 - Oct 3 with 2169 viewsTheChef

Ainsworth on 13:02 - Oct 3 by GaryBannister86

This is what winds me up most about Ainsworth, look at his quote about tomorrow. "Leeds are a premier league outfit, but anybody can beat anybody on their day".

Moving aside the obvious point that they are definitely not a premier league outfit, that is the sort of thing a League Two manager comes out with when they draw a big club away in the 3rd round of the FA Cup.

Why does he have to paint us so negatively the whole time. How about a bit of confidence?

What was negative in what he said?

Ainsworth on 14:22 - Oct 3 with 2125 viewsGaryBannister86

Ainsworth on 14:11 - Oct 3 by TheChef

What was negative in what he said?

I think every word of that quote is negative. Any danger of Mark Robins saying before last Saturday that QPR are a "premier league outfit" or to imply that an extraordinary turn up might occur and Coventry might beat us?

Why big up the opposition? Why not just say we go there full of confidence and are going to get right on the front foot?

I know it is all soundbite nonsense but with GA it is repetitive. He deliberately and consistently paints us as tiny underdogs and I don't like it. It's a cop out.
Ainsworth on 14:52 - Oct 3 with 2034 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ainsworth on 14:22 - Oct 3 by GaryBannister86

I think every word of that quote is negative. Any danger of Mark Robins saying before last Saturday that QPR are a "premier league outfit" or to imply that an extraordinary turn up might occur and Coventry might beat us?

Why big up the opposition? Why not just say we go there full of confidence and are going to get right on the front foot?

I know it is all soundbite nonsense but with GA it is repetitive. He deliberately and consistently paints us as tiny underdogs and I don't like it. It's a cop out.

Have to say I don't either, I wish he'd stop.

It's having an effect, too. Fans are settling for a lot less than when he took over.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2023 15:25]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ainsworth on 15:01 - Oct 3 with 1995 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ainsworth on 14:52 - Oct 3 by BrianMcCarthy

Have to say I don't either, I wish he'd stop.

It's having an effect, too. Fans are settling for a lot less than when he took over.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2023 15:25]

I'm reading this a lot:
'fans wouldn't have stood for it in the old days'
'fans are just accepting it'

What does this mean? Should we be invading the pitch? Sending threats to the owners? Haranguing Lee Hoos in the street and filming it and then selectively editing the video so it looks like he's flicked the Vs unprovoked? Should we start wearing yellow and green scarves? Why do some fans get upset about why other fans are not as upset as they are?

Bare bones.

Ainsworth on 15:11 - Oct 3 with 1956 viewsGaryBannister86

Ainsworth on 15:01 - Oct 3 by Antti_Heinola

I'm reading this a lot:

What does this mean? Should we be invading the pitch? Sending threats to the owners? Haranguing Lee Hoos in the street and filming it and then selectively editing the video so it looks like he's flicked the Vs unprovoked? Should we start wearing yellow and green scarves? Why do some fans get upset about why other fans are not as upset as they are?

Don't think anyone is upset about fans not being as upset as them. Although a defeat tomorrow and a repeat of AinsworthHoofBall on Saturday then I suspect there will be one or two more rumblings of discontent at his management style.

Do you think this Ainsworth mantra that we are just lucky to be in this division, privileged to be on the same pitch as the amazing Blackburn Rovers (won the Premier league, don't you know)...is not a bit....irritating? I just don't think it does us any favours.
Ainsworth on 15:12 - Oct 3 with 1946 viewsNorthernr

Ainsworth on 15:01 - Oct 3 by Antti_Heinola

I'm reading this a lot:

Should we? Probably not. But it's booted off at QPR many times in the past for a lot, lot less than what's happening currently, which I think is the point being made.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024