Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ainsworth post-match interview 23:22 - Oct 24 with 10373 viewsGaryBannister86

All too easy to pull apart every word in this situation, so, tempting as that is....I make my more general point here. Although you could smash into most of the words, believe me.

He actually said that in planning the game he knew West Brom are better than us, "players on big, big money" etc etc

On to Leicester "a Premier League outfit".

Gareth, Gareth, give it a rest, mate. Permanently. Your belittling of us has done nothing to create the siege mentality you clearly crave. It doesn't work and surely it has cost you your job.
Ainsworth post-match interview on 10:19 - Oct 25 with 1757 viewsGaryBannister86

Ainsworth post-match interview on 10:14 - Oct 25 by gazza1

I am unsure what you want GA to say......

The game plan, right or wrong , was going ok in the first half and at the start of the 2nd half - it wasn't pretty, it wasn't nice it was just ok to keep WBA at bay. Then, as he clearly says the penalty incident ended the game and the two players were at fault and he can do nothing about what they decided in their 'brain-box'.

Yea, he rambled on, spoke some strange stuff, etc, etc but the key was he recognised where it all went 'pear-shaped'.

I know he has to be careful what he says.

My point was that he bangs on about WBA being better than us and Leicester being premier league - I think that is very revealing, no?

He sets us up, QPR FC, to go to WBA FC as though we are Bromley away at Man City.

You happy with that?
[Post edited 25 Oct 2023 10:20]
Ainsworth post-match interview on 10:22 - Oct 25 with 1713 viewsNortholt_Rs

Ainsworth post-match interview on 10:08 - Oct 25 by Padulas_Shampoo

I'm beginning to wonder if there's a stand off between Ainsworth and the board. I'm sure they're making their discontent known but perhaps he knows full well they can't afford to sack him. Maybe they've even floated the suggestion of his resignation?

He always comes back to 'I'm a fighter, won't give up". I used to think this was genuine but lately it's seemed a bit oddly placed just in its repetition. Maybe it's his way of telling them there's no way he's going without compensation.

I've never known a manager be so, so negative in their setup. We went through that 3/4 game spell where we actually had some attacking shape and intent. We had absolutely 0 last night. Never ever intended to get men in the box other than set pieces - which we're awful at by the way. Then he comes out and says the plan ws working to perfection until the penalty. Unbelievable really.

Can you imagine how demoralising it must be for some of them? I was watching Chair specifically last night just rinse and repeat the clear instruction to just get into a tight midfield four in front of the back 5 in our own half. All the things that made him fall in love with football must have been taken away from him. He's basically being reduced to a sacrificial pawn, nothing more.

It's hardly surprising the body language is suspect. They're being asked to do all the hard ugly bits that few players enjoy for 90 minutes, week in, week out. It's presumably the same in training. They must be sick of their lives.

It really is very, very sad.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2023 10:10]

Poor delicate flowers. I got back at gone 1am and had to be up for work at 6…. They want to try doing a real job for a while to realise how fkn privileged they are! Yes, Ainsworth is out of his depth and should never have been appointed but we also have a group of players that have got successive managers sacked and don’t look like they give a shít, Hoos and the hordes of back room grifters stealing a living, and absentee clueless owners who simply don’t give a fùck. Ainsworth is only part of the problem. Club is rotten from the top down.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Ainsworth post-match interview on 10:26 - Oct 25 with 1692 viewsWestminsteRs

Ainsworth post-match interview on 07:53 - Oct 25 by TK1

We had a fans forum just a month ago where owners and CEO were up for answering any questions and got soft balled throughout. Since then, he's lost every game. We wouldn't really want the owners or CEO to be commenting on every bad run, would we? That was what Fernandes did and it was a complete bin fire, it looked more laughable with every passing contradiction and was so bad he had to delete his Twitter! Their true error has been not appointing a DOF who could also manage GA and the fans better, be the shield Les was for them.

Of course Ainsworth has to front it. He's the manager. This run is on him, the style is his, the 'gameplan' is his, the squad is his. He brought in a load of expensive old Prem pros in with his budget, none with any resale value and none of whom have looked match fit and two of whom are out injured, one longterm. His underdog mentality is woefully misjudged. I know he says he loves QPR but I don't think he understands the first thing about the club. I'm watching 1980s John Beck war of attrition football, hit the big man straight(ish) from the keeper when we have only striker and players like Chair and Willock being completely misused. 29% possession in the first half, no shots and he thought that was good, that we created opportunities?! He's mad if he thinks that's acceptable after the same plan failed at Leeds - we were always going to give away a chance. That football is not football that QPR can or should be playing after three years of Warbsball (and three months of Beale) and the entire history of the club. We're not Wimbledon in 1986.

He says here "Sometimes your best just isn't good enough." It's the one thing I agree with him on.

Not to disagree with any of the sentiment here but a reminder that the Loftus Road faithful decried 'Warbsball' because it involved too much 'sideways' passing and not enough either direct football or free-flowing attacking passing (because Luke Amos and Sam Field are not Xavi and Iniesta). And also because we were stuck around 10th in the league year after year.

As an aside I am always surprised that we see ourselves as having a culture of attractive football. Maybe in the 70s but nowadays the crowd groans when we play out from the back.
Ainsworth post-match interview on 10:27 - Oct 25 with 1687 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

The game plan, right or wrong , was going ok in the first half and at the start of the 2nd half - it wasn't pretty, it wasn't nice it was just ok to keep WBA at bay. Then, as he clearly says the penalty incident ended the game and the two players were at fault and he can do nothing about what they decided in their 'brain-box'.

Yea, he rambled on, spoke some strange stuff, etc, etc but the key was he recognised where it all went 'pear-shaped'.

I don't want him to say anything differently. I want the plan to be different.

We were playing West Brom last night, not Ferguson's Man Utd. They've drawn at home to Plymouth and Millwall this year. Lost at home to Huddersfield. And we go there with the approach of a National League side might take in a 3rd round cup tie away at Man City.

That's the best he can come up with?

I know the season was always going to be a grind but I was hoping for a couple of 1-0s and 2-1s. The plan last night was to draw 0-0 or go bust.
Ainsworth post-match interview on 10:27 - Oct 25 with 1675 viewsgazza1

Ainsworth post-match interview on 10:19 - Oct 25 by GaryBannister86

I know he has to be careful what he says.

My point was that he bangs on about WBA being better than us and Leicester being premier league - I think that is very revealing, no?

He sets us up, QPR FC, to go to WBA FC as though we are Bromley away at Man City.

You happy with that?
[Post edited 25 Oct 2023 10:20]

I have no doubt that GA has a proper tough job on his hands.

WBA & Leicester are better than us, 100% - Premier I am not so sure. He set us up OK to keep it as tight as possible in the opening 20, continued that way for the fist half, apparently the second half we were going to 'open-up' a bit - it was working but because Paal made an error of judgement and & Dunne was a proper plonker the game was lost. Most of us would have taken a point from the Baggies.

Nothing in his interview made me angry tbh.
Ainsworth post-match interview on 10:32 - Oct 25 with 1660 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Ainsworth post-match interview on 10:22 - Oct 25 by Northolt_Rs

Poor delicate flowers. I got back at gone 1am and had to be up for work at 6…. They want to try doing a real job for a while to realise how fkn privileged they are! Yes, Ainsworth is out of his depth and should never have been appointed but we also have a group of players that have got successive managers sacked and don’t look like they give a shít, Hoos and the hordes of back room grifters stealing a living, and absentee clueless owners who simply don’t give a fùck. Ainsworth is only part of the problem. Club is rotten from the top down.

Apologies for commenting on Ainsworth's approach relative to his words in his post match interview in a thread about Ainsworth's post match interview.
Ainsworth post-match interview on 10:35 - Oct 25 with 1642 viewsPunteR

I don't blame Ainsworth for waiting for his pay off rather then quitting . I know it was his choice but he left a stable job of 10 years to come here. This is on Bhatia and the rest of the board.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ainsworth post-match interview on 10:37 - Oct 25 with 1636 viewsWestminsteRs

Ainsworth post-match interview on 23:39 - Oct 24 by Jevlar

For me this has been one of his biggest mistakes. Downplaying our level to make it sound like we are practically on a par with his old club.

I’m all for a bit of the underdog spirit but he’s misjudged this one element massively…

Couldn't agree with this more. He's obviously into his psychology and wanted to breed that underdog spirit but on arrival he immediately went too far and it's got worse since.

Sure, play that card when we're lining up against Leicester and Southampton but we are - in name at least - a Championship club - with a mix of experienced players and some decent younger players. Unfortunately, I think if you continue to tell players that they're out of their depth and that determination and graft is their only route to success. But half of this team were at the top of this league 12 months ago and with all due respect we could all probably have told him they aren't the dogs of war type.
Login to get fewer ads

Ainsworth post-match interview on 10:38 - Oct 25 with 1628 viewsdmm

Well, yes in one sense, but the bigger picture is that Ain's is very much part and parcel of the mess we're in, including last night's match.

The phrase, "You make your own luck" is, to a large extent, true as is the reverse and he's brought much of the "bad luck" upon himself.
Ainsworth post-match interview on 10:39 - Oct 25 with 1624 viewsNed_Kennedys

Ainsworth post-match interview on 10:27 - Oct 25 by gazza1

WBA & Leicester are better than us, 100% - Premier I am not so sure. He set us up OK to keep it as tight as possible in the opening 20, continued that way for the fist half, apparently the second half we were going to 'open-up' a bit - it was working but because Paal made an error of judgement and & Dunne was a proper plonker the game was lost. Most of us would have taken a point from the Baggies.

Agree with this.

What exactly were people expecting him to set us up like considering we were letting goals in for fun and had lost loads of games in a row? Hope that Willock suddenly decided to start playing again and start him? Three up front?

The guy is under immense pressure and I totally understand why he would try to grind out a point or maybe nick all three. And it was working until Paal and Dunne intervened.
Ainsworth post-match interview on 10:53 - Oct 25 with 1560 viewsTK1

Ainsworth post-match interview on 10:26 - Oct 25 by WestminsteRs

Not to disagree with any of the sentiment here but a reminder that the Loftus Road faithful decried 'Warbsball' because it involved too much 'sideways' passing and not enough either direct football or free-flowing attacking passing (because Luke Amos and Sam Field are not Xavi and Iniesta). And also because we were stuck around 10th in the league year after year.

As an aside I am always surprised that we see ourselves as having a culture of attractive football. Maybe in the 70s but nowadays the crowd groans when we play out from the back.

People moaned when we were on that terrible run, yeah, as they saw the play-off push disappear (arf). But we still finished 11th and people were really sad to see him go at that last game, that we won.
Just to add: under MW we scored 67 goals, 57 goals and 60 goals. The only time that's been bettered this century at this level by us was in the Warnock winning season (71!). So, yeah, we passed the ball around at the back a bit but we scored a lot at the other end too (and think how many beauties we managed at that). That's what QPR should be about, rather than the goalie constantly booting it long to the lone striker in the centre circle to flick it to opposition full back.
Ainsworth post-match interview on 11:20 - Oct 25 with 1458 viewsRangers67

Ainsworth post-match interview on 10:27 - Oct 25 by gazza1

The fact that he is still there to give a post match interview was enough to make me angry
Ainsworth post-match interview on 11:20 - Oct 25 with 1457 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Ainsworth post-match interview on 10:26 - Oct 25 by WestminsteRs

It's not about how attractive we are. I couldn't care less whether Begovic whacks it to Dykes all bloody day if it's an effective attacking pattern.

We didn't have an attacking pattern last night and at other recent losses. We didn't even have the intent to attack or score goals. You can't judge or rate something that doesn't exist.

I think even Gareth knows in theory how we'd score more goals with a direct style - namely, get more players around Dykes - But he's refusing to do even that at the moment. His only plan is to keep a clean sheet away from home and win a point.
Ainsworth post-match interview on 11:34 - Oct 25 with 1404 viewsBurnleyhoop

Ainsworth post-match interview on 09:27 - Oct 25 by ngbqpr

I've never really rated Colback and wasn't fussed about the signing - but living in Nottingham, every Forest fan raved about him & Cook, said they were just what we needed.

Cook of course made a good start. At Boro, Colback was immense. Didn't take long for them to be QPR'd.

I was expecting him to by the driving force of the side, using his experience and know how to bind the team together and keep them motivated during difficult periods of a game.

After the pen was scored he looked like a sulky, petulant child that couldn't be bothered anymore and was lucky he didn't get sent off with all the gobbing off and rash tackling.

What can we expect from him on Saturday after last nights histrionics?

We have no leadership of any kind out on that pitch when we need it the most and unfortunately, Gareth has emptied his own tank and has nothing left to give.

The time for change is surely imminent.
Ainsworth post-match interview on 11:49 - Oct 25 with 1314 viewsHeadington

Among many of Ainsworth's weaknesses, it seems to me, is that he can't set up the team in a way which gets the best out of our players. With the players available, and injuries permitting, I think 4-2-3-1 would suit the current squad

Begovic

Cannon Cook JCS Paal
Field Colback
Willock, Chair, Smyth
Dykes

If is to be Warnock (who knows?) then that was the kind of system he favoured with us before.
Ainsworth post-match interview on 12:02 - Oct 25 with 1233 viewsjoe90

I’m now edging towards the view that the board are responsible for the mess that is Queens Park Rangers Football Club. We got lucky with Warnock, but since then every decision has been bad. You can write a few off, there are variables out of their control, but after a while it stops being ‘unlucky’. It’s clear they don’t know about ‘football’ or how to manage the retail/match-day side of the operation.

The years of mismanagement are finally catching us up. Like a drug user who’s gone clean but finally succumbs to an illness caused by years of abuse. In this case, Ainsworth - the symptom not the cause.

If we lose Saturday Ainsworth will surely be gone. But then what? The core issue remains.

Despite what some would have you believe, I think QPR has a lot of potential. I also I don’t buy the FFP argument in its entirety. Yes, it does create limitations that are further compounded by our stadium, but when you see teams like Millwall, Luton, Brentford, Wimbledon etc all improving in their own ways it just tells me we’re not being run properly. We can point to the training ground as a big win, but it now seems like an anomaly as it lacks a strategy to be effective.

I don’t think this is the end of the club, it’s just a footnote in its history. Most clubs’ fortunes undulate, that’s the nature of it. I’ll be there Saturday cheering the team on, hoping for a result against all odds. We’ve got to remember, supporting QPR is about more than the current squad and owners. We’ll still be here after they inevitably leave. Change is always just around the corner and that includes change for the better.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2023 12:26]
Ainsworth post-match interview on 12:44 - Oct 25 with 1106 viewsngbqpr

Ainsworth post-match interview on 11:49 - Oct 25 by Headington

Among many of Ainsworth's weaknesses, it seems to me, is that he can't set up the team in a way which gets the best out of our players. With the players available, and injuries permitting, I think 4-2-3-1 would suit the current squad

Begovic

Cannon Cook JCS Paal
Field Colback
Willock, Chair, Smyth
Dykes

If is to be Warnock (who knows?) then that was the kind of system he favoured with us before.

I drafted exactly the same formation / 11 earlier.

Only Smyth is a wildcard there, all the others have performed well at this level or similar in the very recent past.

What we have in reserve is clearly thin.

Defensively, Fox looked ok post-Watford / pre-injury...and for all his meltdown last night, Dunne has proved able at this level...while Kakay has been ok as cover...if you have more than one of them in at the same time, we look ropey. Drewe & Larkeche unproven; likewise the sub keepers.

Midfield: Albert sadly past it, Richards for whatever reasons we clearly cannot factor in for now...so we only have Dozzell as proven-ish before we reach the unproven kids.

Upfront, we can all see Armstrong's potential as an impact sub v a tiring defence, but then we're fully into unproven territory.

So it's hard to see that squad as anything other than bottom 8, but I remain convinced there are candidates who could get more of a tune out of that squad then GA is. In theory a spine of some ok centre halves / Field & Colback / Dykes with Chair let loose to do what he does best is a starting point most others down there would be very happy with.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Ainsworth post-match interview on 13:39 - Oct 25 with 974 viewsTGRRRSSS

The mismanagement from the Board down in the past few years has been incredible, but thus far the bills are being paid.

However we need Hoos to go, his negativity and doom and gloom style constantly is a part of it, and as staed elsewhere they cant run a match day operation and or even so the simple things like sell tickets easily.

We need route and branch look not just GA, however I think sadly things are looking so grim I cannot see how he can get us out, unless he can find a new number 2 tactician type somewhere.

I think one mistake he made was bringing the Wycombe group en masse.

Different club with very different fan base and expectations.
Ainsworth post-match interview on 14:01 - Oct 25 with 901 viewsbaz_qpr

Bottom line is that in bar about 5 or 6 games we are not even remotely competitive. Setting up like the Faroe Islands playing England is not going to keep us up nor is it building for the future. If we are going to go down so be it, but let’s have an actual coach who plays progressive football and can improve what we have (and let’s be frank here we have internationals, ex premier and seasoned championship players as well as youngsters. We hoped Ainsworth would turn around the malaise but he’s made it worse and I don’t believe for a minute it will be any better in league one. The game has moved on quite a bit in the last few years and Ainsworth has not.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024