Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ainsworth post-match interview 23:22 - Oct 24 with 10376 viewsGaryBannister86

All too easy to pull apart every word in this situation, so, tempting as that is....I make my more general point here. Although you could smash into most of the words, believe me.

He actually said that in planning the game he knew West Brom are better than us, "players on big, big money" etc etc

On to Leicester "a Premier League outfit".

Gareth, Gareth, give it a rest, mate. Permanently. Your belittling of us has done nothing to create the siege mentality you clearly crave. It doesn't work and surely it has cost you your job.
Ainsworth post-match interview on 01:03 - Oct 25 with 2383 viewswombat

Ainsworth post-match interview on 23:57 - Oct 24 by BrianMcCarthy

Ted, I'm not arguing, with you or anyone.

I just wanted to say that I admired him for fronting up in this interview and for not hanging his players out to dry.

Just got home and I’d have hung dunne and Paul out to dry in fact I’d have made them get the fecking megabus home , it wasn’t pretty I wasn’t attacking but it might have given us a much needed point , something to work on , the cluster fack from dunne beggars belief same as pals tackle , some how we need to bring some payers in on loan , no idea how but we need some new fresh bodies out there, I feel very sorry for Ainsworth tonight and who ever they do bring in hasn’t got a chance with this lot

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Ainsworth post-match interview on 01:15 - Oct 25 with 2359 viewsjohnhoop

Ainsworth post-match interview on 00:46 - Oct 25 by rbee

I see a back three of Kohli Kakay  Smyth

I don’t think he’s going to be tempted to leave his starring role in India’s cricket World Cup campaign to participate in QPR’s all-time record defeat by Leicester.
Ainsworth post-match interview on 01:35 - Oct 25 with 2319 viewsSydneyRs

Ainsworth post-match interview on 01:15 - Oct 25 by johnhoop

I don’t think he’s going to be tempted to leave his starring role in India’s cricket World Cup campaign to participate in QPR’s all-time record defeat by Leicester.

Actually, seeing Virat Kohli line up for us would be no less baffling than some of GAs recent team selections.
Ainsworth post-match interview on 02:07 - Oct 25 with 2281 viewsytt28

Ainsworth post-match interview on 01:35 - Oct 25 by SydneyRs

Actually, seeing Virat Kohli line up for us would be no less baffling than some of GAs recent team selections.

Think of all the sponsorships and merch sales signing a global superstar would bring in. We would have a decent sized budget by the January window
Ainsworth post-match interview on 05:21 - Oct 25 with 2120 viewsnumptydumpty

I cant get the "we will beat Leicester on Saturday"

How exactly ??

If we are backing up and not having a single shot against WBA whats the plan against the runaway leaders....

Its hard to watch a man out of his depth and clearly not thinking straight at all.

Some of his players though deserve MASSIVE criticism.

Supported Rangers since six years old so fifty years now, I cant think of a more tinpot outift we have ever been. There are zero redeeming factors..

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Ainsworth post-match interview on 06:06 - Oct 25 with 2059 viewsSydneyRs

Ainsworth post-match interview on 02:07 - Oct 25 by ytt28

Think of all the sponsorships and merch sales signing a global superstar would bring in. We would have a decent sized budget by the January window

Reminds me of those random fans who started turning up to watch Park's dreadful performances for us back in the day.
Ainsworth post-match interview on 06:08 - Oct 25 with 2056 viewsLoftgirl

Ainsworth post-match interview on 23:55 - Oct 24 by Rangersw12

Got to feel for him he looks a broken man

Ainsworth post-match interview on 06:19 - Oct 25 with 2021 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Ainsworth post-match interview on 23:39 - Oct 24 by Jevlar

For me this has been one of his biggest mistakes. Downplaying our level to make it sound like we are practically on a par with his old club.

I’m all for a bit of the underdog spirit but he’s misjudged this one element massively…

Yep, sounds like he's still managing Wycombe.
Login to get fewer ads

Ainsworth post-match interview on 06:52 - Oct 25 with 1958 viewsdmm

If the board haven't got someone lined up to replace him yet, which is quite likely, they need to put Ainsworth on gardening leave now. It's increasingly obvious he's lost it. Despite the thin facade of bravado, he's obviously shot to pieces and is in no state to manage the team.
Ainsworth post-match interview on 07:24 - Oct 25 with 1882 viewsSK_hoops

I can only imagine what the atmosphere in the changing room or on the coach back was like... What does Ainsworth even say to them?
Ainsworth post-match interview on 07:32 - Oct 25 with 1844 viewsHammersmithR

It’s rather apt that a key member of the side who got us out of League 1 is the one leading us back to League 1. We are now on a year for 1 win at home. In that time we have scored 9 goals at home. So the cost of my season ticket has given me 1 win. Would have been better giving my money to charity. Ainsworth goes into games as if we are a non-league team going to a Premier League side in the FA Cup. We go into games with tactics from the 1970s. Those poor souls last night didn’t even see a shot on target. We look an utter shambles and other teams don’t have to do much to beat us. And as soon as the opposition score the first goal it’s game over. I literally can’t even remember the last time we scored 2 in a game especially at home. Luton had a smaller budget than us last season and look where they ended the season. I literally don’t look forward to games anymore. My kids don’t want to go and they have season tickets as well. We are doing our bit to get the next generation down the Rangers and they are served up an absolute load of dross. We have no style to our play. All I can see is when the ball is with Begovic he just smashes it forward and then we hope to win the 2nd ball or a flick on. Not that we do on those either. What professional club plays that style of football these days? It’s 2023! We have 3 centre midfielders who are all the same type. All left footed players who don’t break the lines to move forward. We are incapable of taking a corner. We just float it into the box so the opposition keeper can catch it. I literally couldn’t tell anyone what kind of football we play. We are a club with tradition where we have watched some fantastic footballers. This lot go from bad to worse. It’s nearly November and our strikers have scored 2 goals between all of them. And don’t start me on Chair who looks like a pub player at the moment. Sad times and it’s only going to get worse. I wish the board came out to tell us what’s going on behind the scenes. Still radio silence on Taylor Richards. It is going to get very poisonous down the Bush over the next few weeks I fear.
Ainsworth post-match interview on 07:41 - Oct 25 with 1811 viewsDorse

Ainsworth post-match interview on 01:35 - Oct 25 by SydneyRs

We'd still be disappointed that the club lacks the ambition to go for Ben Stokes.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Ainsworth post-match interview on 07:50 - Oct 25 with 1782 viewskingsburyR

GA won't resign as he won't get his contract paid up if he does.

The board won't sack him as they seem to be oblivious as to what is happening.

GA's problem is the crown at away games has turned on him (rightly so). How long before it starts at home. My guess is 20 mins into the Leicester game.

As a former player he doesn't deserve that but he's used up all of his credit and some. He should have walked away after the Blackburn game.

He is well out of his depth. I can only wish him the best for Saturday as I won't be there while he is still in charge.

Luckily Vardy stays humble when he scores or he could really take the piss.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Ainsworth post-match interview on 07:53 - Oct 25 with 1771 viewsTK1

Ainsworth post-match interview on 23:44 - Oct 24 by daveB

In fairness to him hes the only one fronting this out and speaking to the fans whilst owners, chief execs and co hide on the golf course

Didn't think what he said was wrong either, we were in the game at 0-0 and playing OK, both sides had been pretty poor but 2 stupid mistakes by Paal and Dunne cost us the game. We were never coming back after they scored

Ainsworth should go and he knows it but he's not the only problem at QPR

We had a fans forum just a month ago where owners and CEO were up for answering any questions and got soft balled throughout. Since then, he's lost every game. We wouldn't really want the owners or CEO to be commenting on every bad run, would we? That was what Fernandes did and it was a complete bin fire, it looked more laughable with every passing contradiction and was so bad he had to delete his Twitter! Their true error has been not appointing a DOF who could also manage GA and the fans better, be the shield Les was for them.

Of course Ainsworth has to front it. He's the manager. This run is on him, the style is his, the 'gameplan' is his, the squad is his. He brought in a load of expensive old Prem pros in with his budget, none with any resale value and none of whom have looked match fit and two of whom are out injured, one longterm. His underdog mentality is woefully misjudged. I know he says he loves QPR but I don't think he understands the first thing about the club. I'm watching 1980s John Beck war of attrition football, hit the big man straight(ish) from the keeper when we have only striker and players like Chair and Willock being completely misused. 29% possession in the first half, no shots and he thought that was good, that we created opportunities?! He's mad if he thinks that's acceptable after the same plan failed at Leeds - we were always going to give away a chance. That football is not football that QPR can or should be playing after three years of Warbsball (and three months of Beale) and the entire history of the club. We're not Wimbledon in 1986.

He says here "Sometimes your best just isn't good enough." It's the one thing I agree with him on.
Ainsworth post-match interview on 08:01 - Oct 25 with 1729 viewsdaveB

Ainsworth post-match interview on 07:53 - Oct 25 by TK1

We had a fans forum just a month ago where owners and CEO were up for answering any questions and got soft balled throughout. Since then, he's lost every game. We wouldn't really want the owners or CEO to be commenting on every bad run, would we? That was what Fernandes did and it was a complete bin fire, it looked more laughable with every passing contradiction and was so bad he had to delete his Twitter! Their true error has been not appointing a DOF who could also manage GA and the fans better, be the shield Les was for them.

Of course Ainsworth has to front it. He's the manager. This run is on him, the style is his, the 'gameplan' is his, the squad is his. He brought in a load of expensive old Prem pros in with his budget, none with any resale value and none of whom have looked match fit and two of whom are out injured, one longterm. His underdog mentality is woefully misjudged. I know he says he loves QPR but I don't think he understands the first thing about the club. I'm watching 1980s John Beck war of attrition football, hit the big man straight(ish) from the keeper when we have only striker and players like Chair and Willock being completely misused. 29% possession in the first half, no shots and he thought that was good, that we created opportunities?! He's mad if he thinks that's acceptable after the same plan failed at Leeds - we were always going to give away a chance. That football is not football that QPR can or should be playing after three years of Warbsball (and three months of Beale) and the entire history of the club. We're not Wimbledon in 1986.

He says here "Sometimes your best just isn't good enough." It's the one thing I agree with him on.

you are right of course, that fans forum was a massive missed opportunity.

I'm just at the what can you say stage with Ainsworth, he at least fronts up every week, its clearly hurting him but his time is up
Ainsworth post-match interview on 08:05 - Oct 25 with 1707 viewsTK1

Ainsworth post-match interview on 08:01 - Oct 25 by daveB

you are right of course, that fans forum was a massive missed opportunity.

I'm just at the what can you say stage with Ainsworth, he at least fronts up every week, its clearly hurting him but his time is up

My question for the next fans forum will be: can we schedule these for March, please?
Ainsworth post-match interview on 08:18 - Oct 25 with 1636 viewsdistortR

Ainsworth post-match interview on 07:53 - Oct 25 by TK1

Yeah, the similarities with the Leeds game - which was the final straw for me - were bare.
It just seemed a bit better because the breakthrough came a bit later. If WBA had scored in the first minute, which they could have, what would we have done?
Nothing, I'd wager.
It irks me a bit when he brings up the Burnley game as a masterclass of management - it wasn't, they had, I think, 12 shots from inside the box in the first half alone.
A good performance in his eyes appears to be shit but resolute.
Ainsworth post-match interview on 08:19 - Oct 25 with 1632 viewsDejR_vu

Ainsworth post-match interview on 23:44 - Oct 24 by daveB

In fairness to him hes the only one fronting this out and speaking to the fans whilst owners, chief execs and co hide on the golf course

Didn't think what he said was wrong either, we were in the game at 0-0 and playing OK, both sides had been pretty poor but 2 stupid mistakes by Paal and Dunne cost us the game. We were never coming back after they scored

Ainsworth should go and he knows it but he's not the only problem at QPR

Agreed on the first point. The owners and Board are hanging him out to dry which was always going to happen.

They’ve put us on life support but have their fingers on the switch so I guess we’re supposed to just suck it up

It’s a disgrace what they’ve done to this club

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Ainsworth post-match interview on 08:27 - Oct 25 with 1591 viewstraininvain

Ainsworth post-match interview on 08:18 - Oct 25 by distortR

Yeah, the similarities with the Leeds game - which was the final straw for me - were bare.
It just seemed a bit better because the breakthrough came a bit later. If WBA had scored in the first minute, which they could have, what would we have done?
Nothing, I'd wager.
It irks me a bit when he brings up the Burnley game as a masterclass of management - it wasn't, they had, I think, 12 shots from inside the box in the first half alone.
A good performance in his eyes appears to be shit but resolute.

Anyone watching the Burnley game could tell it was a one off fluke that we’d have lost 90 times out of 100. Dickie cleared the ball off the line twice in the first 20 mins and on most days it would’ve been a comfortable win for Burnley.

Instead of seeing it as a lucky win and moving on, Ainsworth seems to have decided that it’s some kind of template for playing big clubs away from home (I.e. 90% of the Championship in his eyes).

So now we’re in a position where we approach most away games with zero attacking intent in the hope that the home team somehow sh1t the bed and the less said the better about our approach at home.
Ainsworth post-match interview on 08:37 - Oct 25 with 1535 viewsjohnhoop

Ainsworth post-match interview on 07:50 - Oct 25 by kingsburyR

GA won't resign as he won't get his contract paid up if he does.

The board won't sack him as they seem to be oblivious as to what is happening.

GA's problem is the crown at away games has turned on him (rightly so). How long before it starts at home. My guess is 20 mins into the Leicester game.

As a former player he doesn't deserve that but he's used up all of his credit and some. He should have walked away after the Blackburn game.

He is well out of his depth. I can only wish him the best for Saturday as I won't be there while he is still in charge.

Luckily Vardy stays humble when he scores or he could really take the piss.

I think I only realised after the second or third reading that your last sentence had to be deliberately ironic. I can still remember him “giving it large” in front of the Loft and Ellerslie after he got the winner against us in the game before Christmas 2013.
He’ll probably have at least three opportunities to do that on Saturday.
Ainsworth post-match interview on 09:01 - Oct 25 with 1447 viewsBurnleyhoop

Ainsworth post-match interview on 23:55 - Oct 24 by Rangersw12

Got to feel for him he looks a broken man

The body language of the players is also a massive concern, particularly Colback.

The positivity and vigour that Ainsworth started the season with has evaporated and the players belief in his methods has gone with it.

We are bang in trouble and Saturday is the day of reckoning.

Sad sad time to be a QPR fan.
Ainsworth post-match interview on 09:27 - Oct 25 with 1321 viewsngbqpr

Ainsworth post-match interview on 09:01 - Oct 25 by Burnleyhoop

The body language of the players is also a massive concern, particularly Colback.

The positivity and vigour that Ainsworth started the season with has evaporated and the players belief in his methods has gone with it.

We are bang in trouble and Saturday is the day of reckoning.

Sad sad time to be a QPR fan.

I've never really rated Colback and wasn't fussed about the signing - but living in Nottingham, every Forest fan raved about him & Cook, said they were just what we needed.

Cook of course made a good start. At Boro, Colback was immense. Didn't take long for them to be QPR'd.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Ainsworth post-match interview on 09:49 - Oct 25 with 1242 viewsDejR_vu

To have worked us into a situation where we even needed to consider Ainsworth as manager is an indictment of the people running the club. To have persevered is unforgiveable. At what point since he arrived has he shown anything at all to suggest he was up to the task?

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Ainsworth post-match interview on 10:08 - Oct 25 with 1180 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

I'm beginning to wonder if there's a stand off between Ainsworth and the board. I'm sure they're making their discontent known but perhaps he knows full well they can't afford to sack him. Maybe they've even floated the suggestion of his resignation?

He always comes back to 'I'm a fighter, won't give up". I used to think this was genuine but lately it's seemed a bit oddly placed just in its repetition. Maybe it's his way of telling them there's no way he's going without compensation.

I've never known a manager be so, so negative in their setup. We went through that 3/4 game spell where we actually had some attacking shape and intent. We had absolutely 0 last night. Never ever intended to get men in the box other than set pieces - which we're awful at by the way. Then he comes out and says the plan ws working to perfection until the penalty. Unbelievable really.

Can you imagine how demoralising it must be for some of them? I was watching Chair specifically last night just rinse and repeat the clear instruction to just get into a tight midfield four in front of the back 5 in our own half. All the things that made him fall in love with football must have been taken away from him. He's basically being reduced to a sacrificial pawn, nothing more.

It's hardly surprising the body language is suspect. They're being asked to do all the hard ugly bits that few players enjoy for 90 minutes, week in, week out. It's presumably the same in training. They must be sick of their lives.

It really is very, very sad.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2023 10:10]
Ainsworth post-match interview on 10:14 - Oct 25 with 1132 viewsgazza1

I am unsure what you want GA to say......

The game plan, right or wrong , was going ok in the first half and at the start of the 2nd half - it wasn't pretty, it wasn't nice it was just ok to keep WBA at bay. Then, as he clearly says the penalty incident ended the game and the two players were at fault and he can do nothing about what they decided in their 'brain-box'.

Yea, he rambled on, spoke some strange stuff, etc, etc but the key was he recognised where it all went 'pear-shaped'.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024