Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! 18:53 - Nov 3 with 20475 viewssilky

Anybody connected to him know how's he's doing? In all the managers we've had this one feels so personal.
Absolutely the right decision to let him and Dobbo go regardless of what happens now but genuinely been thinking about how he must be feeling and the state of his mental health.

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 22:41 - Nov 3 with 4174 viewsPunteR

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 20:30 - Nov 3 by Northernr

It's a lovely sentiment, and I worried about him too watching his interviews. It was his dream job, he wanted it for ten years, he left the safest job in football to get it, he loves QPR and he's a decent guy. So many of the problems were ones he inherited, and could do nothing about. We're borderline unmanageable.

So it's hard not to have your heart break for him. But, here, let me have a go...

He could have resigned, saved the club some money.

He was earning six figures to do the job, and it's only football, it's not like he was in charge of an oil rig or a power plant or a bridge that blew up and people died.

What about the people who are spending their money in an economic crisis following a team around that's basically lost 50 of its last 90 games? How's their mental health?

Sorry, but after the efforts and expense we went through to get to Leeds and Huddersfield, and what we were rewarded with when we got there, I'm struggling to sympathise too much with somebody who's probably just pocketed a pay off it would take me years to earn.

Cmon mate, you know how it feels when you get abuse online from a couple of QPR fans on the twitter thing or whatever. Imagine a world where every QPR fan wants you out and thinks you're shit at your job. .
You need the skin of a rhino if that didnt effect your mental health in some way.

I think you're being a bit harsh there but then i dont spend loads of money following the team all over the country.

He was out of his depth.
Did he take the job on for financial reasons? Im not sure he did. Obviously helps but i think he's a bit more principled than that. I could be wrong.

If i was in his red snake skinned shoes i would be mortified right now. We've had some absolute money grabbing c@nts at the club but he isnt one of them.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 23:02 - Nov 3 with 4133 viewsnumptydumpty

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 22:26 - Nov 3 by Shev

Wycombe fan here. I genuinely believe GA still won't have regrets at making the move and having tried, even after failing to accomplish his goals. The alternative was staying with Wycombe after taking us to a high watermark, and spending the rest of his life wondering if he could have made the grade with QPR. The answer may be "no", but at least he found out!

He is a very positive chap, and will bounce back. I personally think the only way he ever gets back to the Championship is to take a L1 club there. He should end up getting another shot at L1 or L2, but he needs to choose his next job carefully to rebuild his reputation. I actually think L2 would be less pressure, as there are only two relegation spots, and a lot less expectations over playing style. He has a few clubs he is a legend at, but I think Wimbledon would be the best fit personally, as they have the potential to get back in L1 and have GA build another Wycombe-type culture if he can.

However much managers earn, I do think it is unfair to expect any to resign and lose their payout, even if they are not doing well results wise. Managers put a lot of work in, and more hours than anyone else, and to say someone wholehearted like GA should lose the payoff for his family because it did not turn out well is not on. Yes, managers get paid well, but you are always one gig away from being on the scrapheap and having to make what you have last for years.

Best of luck to you with the new chap.

My bet was he will end up long term back at Wycombe

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 23:19 - Nov 3 with 4102 viewsnumptydumpty

He did appear frazzled

I think there were several charlatans here last season and some still this.

I feel he never really had a chance as several players disrespected him as a manager.

He was the wrong man but his energy and enthusiasm to succeed was not enough and sadly he was limited with the football he played.

He was lacking in game management but did actually achieve in the end last season as we avoided relegation just.

But the new season hampered by FFP and also having to sign Taylor Richards and losing two of our better players in Dieng and Dickie and then failing to recognise Willock and Chair together are much much better playing off each other. Both on their own can be one trick ponies.

Whether it's a lack of nouse or he just has a limited football Outlook, it just wasn't going to improve.

I felt he was kept on because he couldn't leave until this stadium sponsorship came in conveniently and may give new guy a few pennies to spend in January.

His interviews were slightly tragic and fooled no one but it was impressive not hanging players out to dry in them even though he perhaps should have.

I think he found managing some of our characters in the dressing room beyond him but he has not been alone in that.

I am sure he will have no trouble getting employment in the game. He is an enthusiastic coach, potentially a decent number two or youth coach but league one is perhaps his highest level to manage at and sure will still achieve that.

But this club been unmanageable for most managers in recent years.

Yes he did look troubled. Probably a relief been released of his pain.

Sadly we are all still lumbered with our basket case of a club !!!!!!
[Post edited 3 Nov 2023 23:21]

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 23:22 - Nov 3 with 4093 viewsSydneyRs

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 19:10 - Nov 3 by Landshark

And the money to pay up the rest of his contract..

Because money of course cures all mental health issues, which is why you never see rich or famous people commit suicide 🙄
Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 23:45 - Nov 3 with 4027 viewsnumptydumpty

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 23:22 - Nov 3 by SydneyRs

Because money of course cures all mental health issues, which is why you never see rich or famous people commit suicide 🙄

If someone is mentally unwell yep wealth does not make a blind bit of difference

We just seen with Matthew Perry who would have been a very wealthy man.

You simply live in a much bigger box feeling crap !!!

It's a worry you don't have but if you struggling mentally the wealth of Bill Gates won't cure it.

Reading forums with everyone saying you are crap can't help much either !!!

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 00:08 - Nov 4 with 3989 viewsjoe90

It's a lovely sentiment, and I worried about him too watching his interviews. It was his dream job, he wanted it for ten years, he left the safest job in football to get it, he loves QPR and he's a decent guy. So many of the problems were ones he inherited, and could do nothing about. We're borderline unmanageable.

So it's hard not to have your heart break for him. But, here, let me have a go...

He was earning six figures to do the job, and it's only football, it's not like he was in charge of an oil rig or a power plant or a bridge that blew up and people died.

What about the people who are spending their money in an economic crisis following a team around that's basically lost 50 of its last 90 games? How's their mental health?

Sorry, but after the efforts and expense we went through to get to Leeds and Huddersfield, and what we were rewarded with when we got there, I'm struggling to sympathise too much with somebody who's probably just pocketed a pay off it would take me years to earn.

I have absolutely no sympathy for the people who have chosen to follow this QPR team away. If you can afford it then it’s crass to mention the economic crisis and if you can’t afford it and are getting yourself into debt then you really need to get your priorities right. It’s not loyalty, it’s stupidity, especially if you’ve gone to these away games expecting something different from this team.

If you’re going to travel away then you must be loyal to the nightmare of your choosing.

I do feel a bit sorry for Ainsworth. It’s easy to dismiss someone’s emotional well-being because they’re earning a lot of money. Yes, the football has been awful, but this squad of graft dodgers are the ones we should be pointing our fingers at. Tactics aside, they’ve put in so many bad performances that in any other job would had them performance managed out of the door!

I’m very interested to see how they respond to Cifuentes…
Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 04:48 - Nov 4 with 3809 viewsNorthantsHoop

I found the last few pre and post match interviews difficult to watch as Gareth looked a bit haunted to me, I even found watching the fans forum that it was all going a bit wrong for him.Money apart he will probably have to evaluate his time at QPR and see how he can use the experience in his next job, that is if he wants to stay in football management.
Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 06:35 - Nov 4 with 3744 viewsHoopsie

I thought we are concerned about Gareth’s well being here in this thread

Someone put up contrasting pics of Gareth when he first arrived and another just only recently and he has visibly aged decades in just under 8 months. He looks a “broken” man.

But some chose to mock it, made a joke of it

And here his payout became an issue as if he didn’t deserve it. He was properly employed and dismissed and should get to keep what is legally his.

A bit harsh I reckoned

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

Login to get fewer ads

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 07:13 - Nov 4 with 3691 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

As someone who missed GA playing for us (new house and baby in 2003/4 so no money for about 10 years!) I never had that emotional attachment say I have for Les Ferdinand and that era. I therefore have very little sympathy as the football was the worst I have seen under his management and the tactical side almost non existent.
He took the job, knowing the risk, and is well paid for it, so you take your chances.

GA should never have been hired, and that blame lies with the owners.

Oh, and he will never manage AFC Wimbledon, they can't stand his style of play either.
Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 07:40 - Nov 4 with 3660 viewsconnell10

I think from a few people I've listened to and read there is a certain area of dancing on Ainsworths grave as they keep going over how bad he was !! Yes he was a bad manager for us I get it but there is no reason to keep going on about the bloke, he has gone now time to move on. Also I'd like to add GA seemed a throughly decent person and I don't begrudge him getting his full pay out unlike some of the leeches we have had here in the past at our club!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 08:09 - Nov 4 with 3588 viewsLblock

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 20:54 - Nov 3 by BazzaInTheLoft

Clive and Ted : )

[Post edited 3 Nov 2023 21:17]

CEASE AND DESIST NOTICE

Please refrain from posting personal pictures of myself and PaulParker on the internet

Our lawyers have been informed and are watching

Thank you

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 09:45 - Nov 4 with 3355 viewsSuperhoops2808

To be fair Clive, you have no idea what his severance package was so we shouldn't really speculate about that.

I genuinely think that he was not like some of the blood suckers we have had previously and deserves a certain amount of concern for his welfare. No one likes to fail and especially at a club he held close to his heart.
Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 12:50 - Nov 4 with 3151 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 09:45 - Nov 4 by Superhoops2808

To be fair Clive, you have no idea what his severance package was so we shouldn't really speculate about that.

I genuinely think that he was not like some of the blood suckers we have had previously and deserves a certain amount of concern for his welfare. No one likes to fail and especially at a club he held close to his heart.

Turn it in. He was obviously on at least a 6 figure sum per year and would command a generous severance package to supplement the substantial amounts he's earned during a long and successful career in football. You don't need to see his payslip to know that and trying to pretend otherwise is disingenuous.

As for his well-being, Gareth was always a tough cookie and he'll be absolutely fine. I worry more about the mental health of some fans and reading this thread has confirmed my suspicions.
Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 15:02 - Nov 4 with 2932 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Best of luck to him. I'm sure he gave it his all.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 16:22 - Nov 4 with 2849 viewswesty

Tbh I hope he or anyone closely related to him doesn’t see these threads. I feel a lot of people on here have been very quick to forget the shit he inherited and all of a sudden the new guy is the marvel they’ve all been craving. I agree he has failed and some of his in fact most of his interviews were bloody hard to watch. I honestly think it’s because he had so much love for the club and that is where he couldn’t treat the two separately. This is where Dobbo et al should have done more to help in that regard.
The players should feel ashamed tbh as well. Yes GA hung Willock out to dry at the end but let’s not forget he must have disrespected GA for it to have got like that.
Again GA didn’t handle that the best way but I’ve seen people mocking his dress sense, his hairstyle, etc etc.
Let’s see how the new guy and the players go from here.
I see at HT today not a single shot on target.
Good post and I hope GA gets another job and can prove a few people wrong
Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 17:31 - Nov 4 with 2728 viewsRangersw12

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 16:22 - Nov 4 by westy

Tbh I hope he or anyone closely related to him doesn’t see these threads. I feel a lot of people on here have been very quick to forget the shit he inherited and all of a sudden the new guy is the marvel they’ve all been craving. I agree he has failed and some of his in fact most of his interviews were bloody hard to watch. I honestly think it’s because he had so much love for the club and that is where he couldn’t treat the two separately. This is where Dobbo et al should have done more to help in that regard.
The players should feel ashamed tbh as well. Yes GA hung Willock out to dry at the end but let’s not forget he must have disrespected GA for it to have got like that.
Again GA didn’t handle that the best way but I’ve seen people mocking his dress sense, his hairstyle, etc etc.
Let’s see how the new guy and the players go from here.
I see at HT today not a single shot on target.
Good post and I hope GA gets another job and can prove a few people wrong

Unfortunately the club should have sacked him after the Bristol City game and then he could have gone with head held high as he kept us up with his reputation intact
Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 17:49 - Nov 4 with 2687 viewsted_hendrix

He'll be fine for goodness sake.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 17:55 - Nov 4 with 2660 viewsSimonJames

He knew what he was getting in to and he made a decision that he could do the job. He was wrong. Hopefully he has learned from the experience and will be able to apply that to his next venture - just like anyone else who takes on a job/project that they are not ready for.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2023 14:22]

100% of people who drink water will die.

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 18:26 - Nov 4 with 2606 viewscorse

Dont give a flying fxxk how he is doing. Took a job that was offered to him, failed massively, didnt see himself he was not up to it, got sacked with a hefty payoff.
Rests for awhile and gets another job at his right level in league two or lower levels.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2023 18:27]
Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 19:26 - Nov 4 with 2515 viewsRangersw12

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 18:26 - Nov 4 by corse

Dont give a flying fxxk how he is doing. Took a job that was offered to him, failed massively, didnt see himself he was not up to it, got sacked with a hefty payoff.
Rests for awhile and gets another job at his right level in league two or lower levels.

Amen
Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 20:13 - Nov 4 with 2407 viewsnumptydumpty

He can carry on with gigging for extra dosh
[Post edited 4 Nov 2023 20:13]

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 21:29 - Nov 4 with 2286 viewsPunteR

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 18:26 - Nov 4 by corse

"Dont give a flying fxxk how he is doing."

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 22:20 - Nov 4 with 2215 viewsPunteR

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 19:05 - Nov 3 by Rangersw12

He's probably doing Scrooge McDuck impression and diving into all the money he's earnt from us over the last 6 months

Cant believe this post got 17 down votes so far for mentioning Scrooge McDuck

[Post edited 4 Nov 2023 22:42]

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 23:44 - Nov 4 with 2096 viewsShev

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 23:02 - Nov 3 by numptydumpty

My bet was he will end up long term back at Wycombe

Bloomfield is doing well with us, and was already a club legend as a player. We also gave him a contract extension this week, the timing of which might have been possibly designed to immediately shut down the idea of GA coming back and pulling the rug out from under Bloomfield.

We tend to be stable with managers - I believe we have had only 12 since 1989, and even with GA being ten years of that, it is still a pretty stable environment. Unless Blooms gets us relegated at some point, it is his job for the foreseeable.

Maybe years down the line we could see GA again, but I am a big believer in looking forward. GA remains an absolute Wycombe legend, despite how it went at QPR, and he will get applauded at Adams Park every time he visits for the rest of his life. I just don't think we need to go back to him as manager.
Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 23:59 - Nov 4 with 2055 viewsHanwellHoop

Gareth Ainsworth Wellbeing! on 07:13 - Nov 4 by Wilkinswatercarrier

As someone who missed GA playing for us (new house and baby in 2003/4 so no money for about 10 years!) I never had that emotional attachment say I have for Les Ferdinand and that era. I therefore have very little sympathy as the football was the worst I have seen under his management and the tactical side almost non existent.
He took the job, knowing the risk, and is well paid for it, so you take your chances.

GA should never have been hired, and that blame lies with the owners.

Oh, and he will never manage AFC Wimbledon, they can't stand his style of play either.

Poor you.
i know a few Wimbledon fans who would be happy to have him. We’ll see. Wouldn’t surprise me in the least if he rocks up there in his snake skin boots. Good luck to him regardless.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024