Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Elijah Bonner Dixon 18:27 - Nov 4 with 14398 viewsDoudou87

Thought he deserved a mention, showed some encouraging signs for his first start (i think it was!). Looks a better option than Dozzel, a bit more athletic and confident with his passing. Like to see him get another start against Bristol.

Poll: Preferred rumoured CB

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 18:41 - Nov 4 with 7536 viewsQPunkR

Agreed, it was nice to have a player in the centre of the park along to bring the ball forward. Played very well

QPR - "shit but local"

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 18:44 - Nov 4 with 7527 viewsHAYESBOY

Thought he was excellent today. Stays in the side for next week on that performance for me.
Unlucky not to score, keeper just gets enough on it to deflect it onto the post.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2023 18:45]

Smells like a trout farm in here

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 18:54 - Nov 4 with 7453 viewsqprd

Thought he was a bit sloppy in possession early in the first half but wow did he grow into the game… watching a young player grow in confidence in real time was a joy to watch

Amazing reading some of the prior match threads and people on here writing him off on the back of 15 minute cameos….

He was easily one of the better players on the pitch for us. very nifty on the half turn, played some crisp passes and got himself into dangerous areas w late runs into the box… also generally energetic

Personally rate him more than sdm who seems like more of a defensive player whereas bonner has more technical ability

Can’t wait to see him develop under this manager
Elijah Bonner Dixon on 18:57 - Nov 4 with 7414 viewsmart_Goblin

Yeah was really impressive I thought . Looked very comfortable in possession
Elijah Bonner Dixon on 19:11 - Nov 4 with 7323 viewsHayesender

It also begs the question, why the hell did he not get a go under Ainsworth? Very unlucky not to put us 2 up as well

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 19:42 - Nov 4 with 7147 viewshorshamHoop

From player ratings west London sport

"Elijah Dixon-Bonner: 8

A hugely encouraging full league debut. Always wanted the ball and used it very well when he got it. So close to scoring his first senior goal when his shot came back off the post. Could be hard to drop on this showing."
Elijah Bonner Dixon on 19:51 - Nov 4 with 7071 viewsBoston

Honestly, thought he was motm.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 19:54 - Nov 4 with 7046 viewsLblock

Grew into the game.

Wasn’t too bad at all.

Midfielders in the box? What strange sorcery is this???

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 19:55 - Nov 4 with 7044 viewsDejR_vu

Name-checked by the manager. Dozzell is going to look even more stupid for that moment of petulance if the player who replaced him in the side for the new manager’s first game plays too well to be dropped.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 20:03 - Nov 4 with 6992 viewsnumptydumpty

Got a presence about him on the pitch that shows a controlled player

Thought he has been unlucky not to already got more minutes already.

It's a decent start for him under the new regime !!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 20:17 - Nov 4 with 6895 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Very encouraging.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 20:36 - Nov 4 with 6745 viewslassel

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 19:55 - Nov 4 by DejR_vu

Name-checked by the manager. Dozzell is going to look even more stupid for that moment of petulance if the player who replaced him in the side for the new manager’s first game plays too well to be dropped.

Would imagine that with Chair suspended against Bristol we go:

Dozzell-Colback-EDM

Smyth-Dykes-Willock
Elijah Bonner Dixon on 20:38 - Nov 4 with 6724 viewsdmm

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 20:36 - Nov 4 by lassel

Dozzell-Colback-EDM

Smyth-Dykes-Willock

Why on earth would you leave Field out of the starting 11?
Elijah Bonner Dixon on 20:51 - Nov 4 with 6625 viewsterryb

Every time I see it, the save from Dixon-Bonner looks better!
Elijah Bonner Dixon on 20:54 - Nov 4 with 6599 viewsGloucs_R

I said earlier in the season that he didn't look like a championship player.

He looked very much like a championship player today. Really glad for him and I hope he capitalises on this and improves each week.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 20:56 - Nov 4 with 6584 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 19:11 - Nov 4 by Hayesender

It also begs the question, why the hell did he not get a go under Ainsworth? Very unlucky not to put us 2 up as well

He did get a go under Ainsworth.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/389668/MatchStatistics/Elijah-Dixon-Bonner

If you are saying he didn’t get enough minutes under Ainsworth then fair enough, but you’d have to shit on Critchley and Beale who also had him on their books.

Good game today, may more continue, but I don’t think he’s the messiah yet (HaVNB).
[Post edited 4 Nov 2023 20:59]
Elijah Bonner Dixon on 21:24 - Nov 4 with 6446 viewsCateLeBonR

Always liked him. Does the basics very well and has a good attitude.
Elijah Bonner Dixon on 21:48 - Nov 4 with 6299 viewsHayesender

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 20:56 - Nov 4 by BazzaInTheLoft

If you are saying he didn’t get enough minutes under Ainsworth then fair enough, but you’d have to shit on Critchley and Beale who also had him on their books.

Good game today, may more continue, but I don’t think he’s the messiah yet (HaVNB).

With my basic maths, he played a total of 95 minutes under Ainsworth this season, with no starts, so not enough to judge him on. Critchley was only here five minutes, and Beale brought him in to go straight into the now defunct B team.

Anyway, hopefully we've stumbled across a little gem due to suspensions 🤞

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 21:56 - Nov 4 with 6259 viewsHoopsie

I’ll will be happily say the cliche he is like a “new signing”

I think in due time we will be seeing the likes of Aoraha, Bala, Kolli, Pedder when cifuentes have more time getting to know the team and the development squad

Do we have any ball playing defenders? Woodman, Randall, Hawkins who are featured briefly in aGa Preseason are they any good?

Who can step up in the forward department- Jeche?

Am I too ahead of myself?

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 22:01 - Nov 4 with 6225 viewsqprd

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 20:36 - Nov 4 by lassel

Dozzell-Colback-EDM

Smyth-Dykes-Willock

Wait chair is suspended???!???
Elijah Bonner Dixon on 22:03 - Nov 4 with 6198 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 22:01 - Nov 4 by qprd

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 22:27 - Nov 4 with 6079 viewsCamberleyR

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 22:01 - Nov 4 by qprd

Yep, copped his fifth booking today.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 23:19 - Nov 4 with 5868 viewsqprd

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 20:56 - Nov 4 by BazzaInTheLoft

Totally disagree re Beale and critchley vs Ainsworth

Last year we had way more options in midfield- Amos, johanssen, Tim I…. He definitely wasn’t better than any of them and this year we have almost no midfield depth and yet he never played … also last year he was one less year into his development

Probably time to move on from the Ainsworth disaster but let’s not forget that Ainsworth had a chance to blood youngsters against Bristol city at the end of season yet decided to play loanees and free agents we were going to lose in the summer
Elijah Bonner Dixon on 23:20 - Nov 4 with 5870 viewsaston_hoop

What I liked about him is that I felt he never hid, he always showed for the ball and wanted to do something with it. He's very raw, he was knackered by the 80th minute but that was a very encouraging debut and the goal would have topped it off. Way ahead of SDM for me who I would happily try and shift in Jan. Certainly keeps his place and its for Dozzell and Colback to try and win back their places now

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 23:51 - Nov 4 with 5730 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 23:19 - Nov 4 by qprd

Totally disagree re Beale and critchley vs Ainsworth

Last year we had way more options in midfield- Amos, johanssen, Tim I…. He definitely wasn’t better than any of them and this year we have almost no midfield depth and yet he never played … also last year he was one less year into his development

Probably time to move on from the Ainsworth disaster but let’s not forget that Ainsworth had a chance to blood youngsters against Bristol city at the end of season yet decided to play loanees and free agents we were going to lose in the summer

It just feels that when someone becomes a hate figure, like Ainsworth has for some, then everything becomes a weapon against them.

Dixon Bonner is 22 years old, has probably been a pro for six years, has been managed by a dozen managers, but has only 3 league appearances to his name.

Yet it's been evil Ainsworth holding him back.

Same with Willock and now Taylor Richards it seems, as if there aren't a dozen threads slagging them off dating back to when they did play like a pair of fannies four managers ago.

It's tempting to beatify whoever isn't playing when things aren't going well, but I think we should view things longer than the lengh of our dislike of person X.

That said he played well today and seems MC's sort of player. The real test comes when the adrenaline and MC's novelty wears off.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2023 23:53]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024