Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Elijah Bonner Dixon 18:27 - Nov 4 with 14608 viewsDoudou87

Thought he deserved a mention, showed some encouraging signs for his first start (i think it was!). Looks a better option than Dozzel, a bit more athletic and confident with his passing. Like to see him get another start against Bristol.

Poll: Preferred rumoured CB

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 00:53 - Nov 5 with 3364 viewsHoopsie

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 21:56 - Nov 4 by Hoopsie

I’ll will be happily say the cliche he is like a “new signing”

I think in due time we will be seeing the likes of Aoraha, Bala, Kolli, Pedder when cifuentes have more time getting to know the team and the development squad

Do we have any ball playing defenders? Woodman, Randall, Hawkins who are featured briefly in aGa Preseason are they any good?

Who can step up in the forward department- Jeche?

Am I too ahead of myself?

Oh wait, Bonner Dixon? He’s a new signing!

Where’s the real Elijah Dixon-Bonner?

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 09:43 - Nov 5 with 3102 viewsswisscottage

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 19:11 - Nov 4 by Hayesender

It also begs the question, why the hell did he not get a go under Ainsworth? Very unlucky not to put us 2 up as well

because he has a smattering of technical ability?
Elijah Bonner Dixon on 10:14 - Nov 5 with 3000 viewsSpaceman_P

I think Bonner-Dixon, did well. Definitely a more athletic option than our mate Doze-off.
Elijah Bonner Dixon on 11:47 - Nov 5 with 2829 viewsDiscodroids

i like the cut of his jib. Leather lungs like David Hemery over the 400 meter hurdles in Superstars. One of those blokes that can cover the pitch for 90 minutes in extremis and leave the tank empty.

He's the Armand d'Hubert to Taylor Richards Gabriel Feraud . We need more like him.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2023 11:48]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 12:31 - Nov 5 with 2727 viewssdm1508

I think a midfield 3 of Colback holding, Field slightly advanced to the left of him And EDB on the right could have a bit of everything. I think I read that MC likes to play with a staggered middle 3
Elijah Bonner Dixon on 12:41 - Nov 5 with 2687 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 21:56 - Nov 4 by Hoopsie

I’ll will be happily say the cliche he is like a “new signing”

I think in due time we will be seeing the likes of Aoraha, Bala, Kolli, Pedder when cifuentes have more time getting to know the team and the development squad

Do we have any ball playing defenders? Woodman, Randall, Hawkins who are featured briefly in aGa Preseason are they any good?

Who can step up in the forward department- Jeche?

Am I too ahead of myself?

Pedder is an interesting one.

Was it under Warbs that he came to us? In which case, he's been here a couple of years and is now on his fifth manager getting to know him and yet, despite the knowledge each has acquired, he doesn't seem to be breaking through.

May change with MC, and what little I have seen of him on the interweb, he looks like he's got something about him, albeit that a bit of feeding up and some iron pumping wouldn't go a miss in my humble. I also think some 'actual' mans' footy on loan would help him immeasurably.

Otherwise, let's not waste his and our time with another season of favourable mentions in dispatches from the reserves, but getting absolutely no nearer to the Starting XI.

As for EDB, good to read he did well yesterday. Hopefully he and QPR can build on this as opposed to him being yet another bloke who hung around for a few years to merely make the numbers up.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 12:55 - Nov 5 with 2645 viewslassel

Pedder is actually getting some game time now at Oxford City in the National League and they’ve been complimentary about him.

Talent wise I can imagine he would be of interest, but seeing him in the pre-season games it was painful how lightweight he was, literally bouncing off some of the Czechs who were no older than him.
Elijah Bonner Dixon on 13:16 - Nov 5 with 2594 viewstonyQPR

He passes the ball very well to feet with a bit off zip along the floor. Very encouraging all round I’d say. Fair play to him I say.
Login to get fewer ads

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 13:51 - Nov 5 with 2510 viewsmloclam65

Absolutely! Our stand-out player along with the "suspended Chair". Reminded me a bit of the Amos of a couple of seasons ago. Could be the answer to where our high-scoring midfielders have gone. You're right, it beggars belief as to why none of the previous managers thought of giving him a chance, after having a look at him for at least a whole pre-season! In comes someone who's been managing hundreds of miles away in another league, watches him train a couple of times and puts him straight in to the starting 11!! I hope this shows how good a choice the club have made with this appointment and not how bad the previous appointments were!!

Never unknowingly wrong

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 13:52 - Nov 5 with 2496 viewsgazza1

He did OK, nothing more & nothing less......needs a few games if we can fit him into the Team.....
Elijah Bonner Dixon on 15:11 - Nov 5 with 2386 viewsCamberleyR

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 13:52 - Nov 5 by gazza1

He did OK, nothing more & nothing less......needs a few games if we can fit him into the Team.....

The usual contrary reply from our resident football expert in response to the majority.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2023 15:14]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 15:24 - Nov 5 with 2363 viewsNorthernr

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 15:11 - Nov 5 by CamberleyR

The usual contrary reply from our resident football expert in response to the majority.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2023 15:14]

TBF to Gaz, we do this quite a lot as a support base.

OH MY GOD HE'S FCKING INCREDIBLE AND THE ANSWER TO ALL OUR PRAYERS.

We're particularly prone to it when it's a graduate from the B Team or academy, because we're so desperate for one of those to do well, and there are some prominent social media accounts who watch a lot of the development squad and like to hype the players within it without ever really acknowledging the abysmally low quality of those games versus senior football - Rafferty Pedder was getting a good noshing in the summer, he's now at Oxford City.

Dixon-Bonner did well, in difficult conditions, on a full Championship debut. We've got him between a 6 and a 7 in our ratings. He should have done better with the goal scoring chance he had. He benefitted from, and contributed positively to, a much improved style of play and performance. He should be pleased with his day's work. It was a big ask of the lad to come in with two of our three central midfielders suspended and he did really well.

But it's a 1-1 draw against a crap side. It's a poor result. Cifuentes called it exactly right in his post match, we need to be way better than that. It's not a day of 7s and 8s.

He did fine, but let's not do our over hype thing again. Under hype, down play, under promise, and then hopefully be pleasantly surprised as he grows into a good player for us.
Elijah Bonner Dixon on 15:49 - Nov 5 with 2265 viewsBenny_the_Ball

I think a 6 to 7 rating is fair. He did pretty well in a difficult game under challenging circumstances. Let's hope he continues to evolve as QPR have a paucity of options in central midfield.
Elijah Bonner Dixon on 16:09 - Nov 5 with 2236 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 15:24 - Nov 5 by Northernr

We're particularly prone to it when it's a graduate from the B Team or academy, because we're so desperate for one of those to do well, and there are some prominent social media accounts who watch a lot of the development squad and like to hype the players within it without ever really acknowledging the abysmally low quality of those games versus senior football - Rafferty Pedder was getting a good noshing in the summer, he's now at Oxford City.

Dixon-Bonner did well, in difficult conditions, on a full Championship debut. We've got him between a 6 and a 7 in our ratings. He should have done better with the goal scoring chance he had. He benefitted from, and contributed positively to, a much improved style of play and performance. He should be pleased with his day's work. It was a big ask of the lad to come in with two of our three central midfielders suspended and he did really well.

But it's a 1-1 draw against a crap side. It's a poor result. Cifuentes called it exactly right in his post match, we need to be way better than that. It's not a day of 7s and 8s.

He did fine, but let's not do our over hype thing again. Under hype, down play, under promise, and then hopefully be pleasantly surprised as he grows into a good player for us.

Sometimes known as the 'Michael Doughty Syndrome'.
Elijah Bonner Dixon on 16:17 - Nov 5 with 2211 viewsNorthernr

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 16:09 - Nov 5 by Silverfoxqpr

Sometimes known as the 'Michael Doughty Syndrome'.

There's been dozens down the years. I remember patiently explaining on here why I wasn't sure whether Antonio German was really coming to save us.
Elijah Bonner Dixon on 16:19 - Nov 5 with 2208 views1JD

EDB has a strong pedigree, having played for both Arsenal, and then transferred to Liverpools academy. He also played for and captained England u16s and u17s. And was also part of Liverpools champions league squad after impressing Klopp. Made his debut for them in the cup and then they strangely released that same season. Perhaps due to age, and there were other younger talents they wanted to focus on as a club. Certainly got something about him. Impressed me massively when he was on trial with us initially, was a standout performer and a cut above that level. Find it strange he’s not been used until now.
Elijah Bonner Dixon on 17:25 - Nov 5 with 2088 viewsHAYESBOY

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/0_amz2nda6

Not sure the link will work, will have to sign in but he speaks very well.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 17:55 - Nov 5 with 2038 viewsdaveB

thought he had a good game, the Chair suspension should keep him in the team but not sure he's the answer in midfield
Elijah Bonner Dixon on 23:13 - Nov 5 with 1762 viewsQPunkR

Careful there Clive, you'll be called out as being over the top negative by Essox Lucius

QPR - "shit but local"

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 23:26 - Nov 5 with 1746 viewsQPROslo

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 17:55 - Nov 5 by daveB

thought he had a good game, the Chair suspension should keep him in the team but not sure he's the answer in midfield

He may not be the "answer" but based on his performance yesterday we may at least have found a decent back-up for Dozzell and Colbakk when one of them is out again.
Elijah Bonner Dixon on 00:12 - Nov 6 with 1711 viewsstevec

If he’s the love child of Pat and Kerry then he should be able to finish off his own clearances.
Elijah Bonner Dixon on 01:02 - Nov 6 with 1684 viewsLazyFan

I agree with all of this.

Apart from the chance, he did everything right for the chance. He was in the correct place at the time, did not panic, and hit it hard and low at a tight angle.

Their keeper, who is excellent, was lucky as it was hit so hard and needed the luck of the bounce into the ground and off the post to prevent a certain goal.

What he also did well was three important things. Got into the correct positions to make himself available (a problem we had with the midfield many times), kept it simple with 5-10-yard passes (so, we don't lose the ball) and managed to keep up with the game when going from box to box (unlike Dozzel who takes ages to get up the pitch if we are breaking away).

I would start him for the next match to send a message to everyone to play for the shirt or someone else will. It will be Smyth for Chair in the next game. Willock will get a lot of the ball and we shall finally see if Willock is back to his best or not.

zzzzzzzzzz

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 07:08 - Nov 6 with 1538 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Elijah Bonner Dixon on 17:55 - Nov 5 by daveB

He’s shown himself capable when he got given the chance. All you can ask for now really.
Elijah Bonner Dixon on 07:47 - Nov 6 with 1486 viewsPhilmyRs

One thing not mentioned either is he's right footed, offers much needed balance. If you were picking the best 3 midfielders based on technical ability and experience it would be 3 left footers, you can even throw Richards into the left footed mix if he ever gets his act together. Having an athletic right footed midfielder in that 3 just makes us look a lot more balanced to me. Early days for sure, but of the others I've seen that have filled in on the right sided central midfield position (Dozzell, Duke etc.), he looks like the one that has the best chance to me based on both ability and being right footed.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2023 7:48]
Elijah Bonner Dixon on 07:49 - Nov 6 with 1482 viewsHooparoo

As an old centre midfielder the most important attribute that you need is an engine to get you up and down the pitch. EDB looks like he has that and I like that he’s calm which shone through in the interview on the offish.

I’m pretty sure he’s going to thrive under the coaching of Marti. For the first time in a long while, I’m feeling optimistic about our direction 😃

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024