Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New autumn fashion lines at QPR and Bristol City cancel each other out - Report 16:23 - Nov 13 with 6569 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/61260
New autumn fashion lines at QPR and Bristol City cancel each other out - Report on 16:52 - Nov 13 with 5245 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

I'm definitely in the camp of blaming the delivery of the final ball for our poor goal for column.
At least on Saturday we worked the ball well into positions to deliver a killer cross, but to often lines were fluffed; extremely frustrating.
However, both Dykes and Armstrong need to be gambling on that ball finally coming.

Much better performance, and a much more positive match report after 12 months of hell.

I like Marti, clearly has a style and plan he wants to play. I think we'll be OK.......just.
New autumn fashion lines at QPR and Bristol City cancel each other out - Report on 16:53 - Nov 13 with 5236 viewsrobith

Sinclair incident was never a pen, we'd be fuming if that was given against us
New autumn fashion lines at QPR and Bristol City cancel each other out - Report on 16:54 - Nov 13 with 5227 viewsNorthernr

New autumn fashion lines at QPR and Bristol City cancel each other out - Report on 16:53 - Nov 13 by robith

Sinclair incident was never a pen, we'd be fuming if that was given against us

I agree. Which side do you sit mate? This seems to dictate how you feel about this incident...
New autumn fashion lines at QPR and Bristol City cancel each other out - Report on 17:02 - Nov 13 with 5135 viewsOldPedro

Watching on the stream, I thought it was a penalty - no intention from the defender to win the ball. Thought the ref was a bit inconsistent at times, giving free kicks for hardly any contact but then allowing Willock to be pulled all over the place at times.

The yellow cards were frustrating - Smyth got the same punishment for throwing his hands in the air after a very soft free kick as Pring for several fouls and Knight who pushed Field to the floor with a lot of force.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

New autumn fashion lines at QPR and Bristol City cancel each other out - Report on 17:03 - Nov 13 with 5113 viewsHarbour

Biggest crowd of the season our fan base is 100% masochist….
New autumn fashion lines at QPR and Bristol City cancel each other out - Report on 17:19 - Nov 13 with 4979 viewsrobith

New autumn fashion lines at QPR and Bristol City cancel each other out - Report on 16:54 - Nov 13 by Northernr

I agree. Which side do you sit mate? This seems to dictate how you feel about this incident...

Lower loft on the Ellerslie Road side, so other side, but as quite close to the pitch I could see clearly. I was however a lone voice on that front!
New autumn fashion lines at QPR and Bristol City cancel each other out - Report on 17:20 - Nov 13 with 4965 viewsNorthernr

New autumn fashion lines at QPR and Bristol City cancel each other out - Report on 17:19 - Nov 13 by robith

Lower loft on the Ellerslie Road side, so other side, but as quite close to the pitch I could see clearly. I was however a lone voice on that front!

See everybody where we sit, front of F Block Loft End, appealed but then all sat down after and went "naaah".
New autumn fashion lines at QPR and Bristol City cancel each other out - Report on 17:20 - Nov 13 with 4960 viewsrobith

A collegue from work is a Bristol fan and was messaging me in the work about how excited he was for Manning and had decided to go.

Messaged me at half time "Were you Homer imagining the clapping monkey during that, or just me?"
Login to get fewer ads

New autumn fashion lines at QPR and Bristol City cancel each other out - Report on 17:24 - Nov 13 with 4917 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Agree with the vast majority of that, and will think about the rest.

Fine report, thanks as ever.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

New autumn fashion lines at QPR and Bristol City cancel each other out - Report on 18:01 - Nov 13 with 4689 viewsAndybrat

Fine report almost went over to chat to u in C&S afterwards but not enough time. Not mentioned EDB coming on and looking more than twice the player Taylor Richards currently is and already better than the payer I saw against Leicester. Got to be in line for a start against Norwich. The whole false nine thing could work with Chair, Willock and Smyth playing up front? Said before would have bitten your hand off for that performance 2 weeks ago and Steve Cook is a class act.
New autumn fashion lines at QPR and Bristol City cancel each other out - Report on 18:13 - Nov 13 with 4603 viewsstevec

Yeah never a penalty. He looks for it as soon as he’s in the area, straight leg hoping for contact, it’s too obvious. With his pace, he’d be better turning across the defender, contact then and he’d have a much better chance of it being given.

I still think he’s a winger who’s perhaps not trusted to keep his mind on any defensive duties.
New autumn fashion lines at QPR and Bristol City cancel each other out - Report on 18:19 - Nov 13 with 4582 viewsFrankRightguard

New autumn fashion lines at QPR and Bristol City cancel each other out - Report on 17:20 - Nov 13 by Northernr

See everybody where we sit, front of F Block Loft End, appealed but then all sat down after and went "naaah".

Upper Loft behind the goal and looked nailed on from up there. A penalty won by him stepping across to invite the contact but a penalty nonetheless.
New autumn fashion lines at QPR and Bristol City cancel each other out - Report on 18:19 - Nov 13 with 4582 viewsmart_Goblin

Great report and agree with almost of all it .

As I’ve mentioned elsewhere I still think people are being very harsh regarding Armstrong hitting the deck . Only my opinion but at that speed (and he is properly shifting whilst taking the ball with him) it takes almost nothing to put him off balance . I dont think he looked for it at all, but if he did , just suppose he tried to con the ref…..isn’t this what we’ve been asking of our players for years now .
“Get wise ! They’re too honest ! Need to learn the dark arts !!etc etc “

But personally I just think his momentum and speed took him over . It was right in front of me in JU.
I screamed for a penalty then immediately asked my wife and son if he kicked the floor. Watching it back several times I think he catches the back of the defenders leg . Some would give it, some wouldn’t but what I do know is that people sitting in a Ellerslie road saying it was definitely not a pen are talking nonsense . No way you can see from there. It was right under our nose and it was difficult to tell as they were moving at such pace.

The other problem is “he should have crossed it”. To who?
Arnstrong is going to have to learn to be some player because when he breaks like that , there is no other R’s player within 40 yards of him. He will have to do it alone on most occasions .

Anyway only my opinions.

I clapped the players off at the end despite the frustration. I could at least see what the plan was and these players are actually much better footballers than they have been showing . Encouraging and sickening I’m equal measure .
New autumn fashion lines at QPR and Bristol City cancel each other out - Report on 18:21 - Nov 13 with 4569 viewsjtuck

Watching on stream, the biggest change for me was that our defence was not WIDE OPEN. Congesting midfield means team can return to a back 4 and full backs were still getting forward. Also we badly missed our best player. Chair would have freed up room for Willock to operate while also currently being our biggest goal threat. Word too for Begovic who was worrying many about his ball-playing ability, but passed out from the back mostly without incident.

LAranger

New autumn fashion lines at QPR and Bristol City cancel each other out - Report on 18:31 - Nov 13 with 4513 viewsE17hoop

In relative terms, we were substantially better than what we've seen for a while in how we held the ball and moved it about.

In absolute terms, not scoring again demonstrates there are still substantial issues to fix, including the lack of getting unblocked shots on target.

Penalty? I think it probably was - ER, R block.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

New autumn fashion lines at QPR and Bristol City cancel each other out - Report on 18:45 - Nov 13 with 4432 viewsDorse

I know we didn't win but it was easily the best performance I've seen from the Rs for a while. Add Cannon and Chair, give EDB another go and we might be onto something here. To quote Paul Calf: 'Every bag of shite has a spark of gold. It may only be the wrapper off a Caramac but it's there...'

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

New autumn fashion lines at QPR and Bristol City cancel each other out - Report on 19:04 - Nov 13 with 4296 viewsVancouverHoop

New autumn fashion lines at QPR and Bristol City cancel each other out - Report on 18:19 - Nov 13 by FrankRightguard

Upper Loft behind the goal and looked nailed on from up there. A penalty won by him stepping across to invite the contact but a penalty nonetheless.

I've no opinion. Mainly because my angle of view is always going to be different from the officials.

However a player with the speed, and especially size, of Armstrong is always likely to get less sympathy from referees. It comes with the physical package.
New autumn fashion lines at QPR and Bristol City cancel each other out - Report on 21:01 - Nov 13 with 3913 viewsderbyhoop

From the stream I thought there was a clear push on Armstrong.

But, if a penalty was awarded, who would have taken it?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

New autumn fashion lines at QPR and Bristol City cancel each other out - Report on 21:15 - Nov 13 with 3850 viewscaptainmycaptian

Improvement with outdoubt. Will we trouble other better teams..... well we will have too. They looked like a team and played like a team that have an ideology and a method to win. It was a comparable entertaining game, a goal would have set the place into joyful chaos. It will.be interesting to see them with the wind in their sails. If only we had started thr season with MC. 10 points down roll on the next 40 ......
New autumn fashion lines at QPR and Bristol City cancel each other out - Report on 21:38 - Nov 13 with 3773 viewsDieByYourSide

Re: "no goals in this team", can't believe Huddersfield/Rotherham/Wednesday have a better array of forwards than us?

A toss up between Hugill and Dykes maybe but Chair and Willock, with obvious caveat, are far superior to anything those teams would have behind a striker.

Hopeful that with some time at Heston working on attacking patterns (which MC has noted as a clear shortcoming) Willock, Chair, Cannon and Paal can start developing some fluency going forward. Colback and Dozzell already have a couple each, again MC has talked about packing the box more...

Archetypal 20 goal a season man on loan in January obviously the preferred fix, though

Admittedly Jack Rudoni at Huddersfield looks a good player and one we should've gone for.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2023 21:47]

Poll: And it's hi ho

New autumn fashion lines at QPR and Bristol City cancel each other out - Report on 22:11 - Nov 13 with 3640 viewsPhilothesuperhoop

From row A of the upper loft P block it looked like a pen. Plus why did he go over if it wasn’t - doesn’t seem to have the street smarts to try and con a ref I don’t think.
Dykes was simply awful. In many ways I hope he gets a slight knock whilst away with the Jocks that keeps him out for a week so that we are forced to try something else.

Also have you noticed that NONE of our strikers know what movements to take in the box. It makes playing the final,ball so much more difficult. Nobody tries to get in front of the first defender that Austin made a living out of. They are so static.

I did love the fact that the midfield had clearly been told that they could overlap the strikers however. There were several occasions when Coldback was the furthest forward. And we often got numbers in the box.

I’m hopeful and optimistic
New autumn fashion lines at QPR and Bristol City cancel each other out - Report on 23:12 - Nov 13 with 3475 viewsdaveB

New autumn fashion lines at QPR and Bristol City cancel each other out - Report on 16:54 - Nov 13 by Northernr

I didn't think it was but as you said in the report he gets fouls given against him for a lot less

Not sure who would have taken it anyway as Dykes had gone off
New autumn fashion lines at QPR and Bristol City cancel each other out - Report on 01:25 - Nov 14 with 3344 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Just saw on the replies to the excellent report that Myke is back .Hope he read the thread last week where we missed him and PP .
New fresh start for everybody
New autumn fashion lines at QPR and Bristol City cancel each other out - Report on 01:50 - Nov 14 with 3319 viewsQPROslo

I thought it was a clear penalty from the stream too. The defender looked to have elbowed Armstrong at neck hight and a couple of the replays on the Officials extended highlights show that pretty clearly.
New autumn fashion lines at QPR and Bristol City cancel each other out - Report on 02:43 - Nov 14 with 3287 viewsFredManRave

There's an obvious improvement in the way we play sine "Son of Pep" joined us.

However, Saturday's game was not a great game to watch. That's not digging anybody out just stating the observation that it was a game between two teams that lacked creativity, goal threat and moreso in our case, were lacking In confidence.

WatchIng the game just brought home exactly how big of a task Cifuentes has in front of him to get our team out of the bottom 3, bearing in mind the current players he has at his disposal.

Not for a minute saying it's impossible but it's a tough ask.

Maybe we can get Tony Thorpe out of retirement to replace Dykes?

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024