Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Possible January signings. 08:48 - Dec 13 with 31041 viewsSnipper

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but will Marti possibly raid his old club, or other Swedish/Nordic clubs for players?

He obviously knows what we need and what budget he’ll have.

January should be interesting.
Possible January signings. on 10:19 - Dec 14 with 2989 viewsdmm

If we can bring anyone in next month a striker is clearly the priority but we also need better creativity in central midfield. Dozzell can produce a killer pass but is very inconsistent. Our other CMs are not creative types which puts too much stress on Chair to do it all.

That said, I wouldn't be at all surprised if we were unable to sign anyone.
Possible January signings. on 10:31 - Dec 14 with 2955 viewsEsox_Lucius

Possible January signings. on 10:19 - Dec 14 by dmm

If we can bring anyone in next month a striker is clearly the priority but we also need better creativity in central midfield. Dozzell can produce a killer pass but is very inconsistent. Our other CMs are not creative types which puts too much stress on Chair to do it all.

That said, I wouldn't be at all surprised if we were unable to sign anyone.

Dozzell had a very good game last night and is improving every match. He had a much better game than Field and is a vast improvement on Colback yet he is the scapegoat. He was better than Willock too last night but no-one is pushing that agenda, why?

The grass is always greener.

Possible January signings. on 10:40 - Dec 14 with 2915 viewsToast_R

Possible January signings. on 10:31 - Dec 14 by Esox_Lucius

Dozzell had a very good game last night and is improving every match. He had a much better game than Field and is a vast improvement on Colback yet he is the scapegoat. He was better than Willock too last night but no-one is pushing that agenda, why?

Really? I thought Dozzell was hopeless last night. Wasn't moving around as much to create space and angles and every pass he made ended up on the bonce of the nearest defender. Needs to move his f*cking arse more.
Possible January signings. on 11:07 - Dec 14 with 2835 viewsgazza1

Dozzell is a very difficult player to assess........hence why he gets good & bad.

My concern is the 'form' of Field - just isn't the same player, or hasn't been of late, maybe this season.
Possible January signings. on 11:14 - Dec 14 with 2818 viewsdmm

I wouldn't say anyone had a very good game last night, including Dozzell. My comment on him being inconsistent is on his overall performances not last night. He just doesn't regularly impose himself on games enough, even though he appears to have an eye and ability to make defence splitting passes.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2023 11:20]
Possible January signings. on 11:46 - Dec 14 with 2749 viewsGloucs_R

What????

I thought he was poor. Didn't even know he was on the pitch for the first half

Poll: Are we staying up?

Possible January signings. on 11:50 - Dec 14 with 2730 viewsNed_Kennedys

And yet you are pushing your own agenda.

No-one played ‘very good’ last night.
Possible January signings. on 11:57 - Dec 14 with 2703 viewsTheChef

Possible January signings. on 11:50 - Dec 13 by Lblock

Heston Blueandwhitehoopmental

He's cooking up some transfer rumours

Let him cook.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Login to get fewer ads

Possible January signings. on 12:00 - Dec 14 with 2697 viewsTheChef

Willock is a member of the Illuminati innit.

*adjusts tinfoil hat*

Possible January signings. on 12:03 - Dec 14 with 2687 viewsEsox_Lucius

Possible January signings. on 10:40 - Dec 14 by Toast_R

Really? I thought Dozzell was hopeless last night. Wasn't moving around as much to create space and angles and every pass he made ended up on the bonce of the nearest defender. Needs to move his f*cking arse more.

Watch the 90 mins on the offish when you are sober. You're wrong.

The grass is always greener.

Possible January signings. on 12:53 - Dec 14 with 2589 viewsHunterhoop

Possible January signings. on 12:03 - Dec 14 by Esox_Lucius

Watch the 90 mins on the offish when you are sober. You're wrong.

I had a neutral supporting friend there who thought Field was excellent when we were out of possession and positionally when one of the centre halves attacked a header. Several times tracked their midfield runners, got goal side and the bought a free kick under pressure to kill their attack. No one else tracks runners like him.

My mate commented specifically on “who is the other central midfielder? He’s not in the game at all.”

Aligns with my impression that Dozzell was poor last night.

Field does so much good stuff off the ball. He needs to play forward with it more, but you can’t underestimate his positioning and reading of the game.
Possible January signings. on 13:04 - Dec 14 with 2553 viewsTheChef

Possible January signings. on 12:53 - Dec 14 by Hunterhoop

I had a neutral supporting friend there who thought Field was excellent when we were out of possession and positionally when one of the centre halves attacked a header. Several times tracked their midfield runners, got goal side and the bought a free kick under pressure to kill their attack. No one else tracks runners like him.

My mate commented specifically on “who is the other central midfielder? He’s not in the game at all.”

Field does so much good stuff off the ball. He needs to play forward with it more, but you can’t underestimate his positioning and reading of the game.

Agreed (funnily enough).

We all know Dozzell can just disappear in games. I think last night we'd have been a lot better off with EDB starting.

Possible January signings. on 13:08 - Dec 14 with 2538 viewsE17hoop

Possible January signings. on 12:53 - Dec 14 by Hunterhoop

Dozzell had 81 touches to Field's 46 so they're pretty much involved the same; of course Field went off at HT. Dozzell's touches were further up the field than he usually does in last night's game and it felt as if he was supporting the attack more than the defence.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Possible January signings. on 13:39 - Dec 14 with 2468 viewsTommyQPR

Dane Scarlett cannot play for another English club this season.

He's made appearances for both Spurs and Ipswich, therefore he cannot be loaned out again according to FA rules.
Possible January signings. on 13:45 - Dec 14 with 2450 viewsHunterhoop

Possible January signings. on 13:08 - Dec 14 by E17hoop

Dozzell had 81 touches to Field's 46 so they're pretty much involved the same; of course Field went off at HT. Dozzell's touches were further up the field than he usually does in last night's game and it felt as if he was supporting the attack more than the defence.

I don’t that’s a good interpretation of facts, E17. We had far more possession second half because Plymouth had 10 men for the whole 45, and they sat deep and compact giving us the ball in front of them. Of course your central midfield should have loads of touches. In the first half they played with 11 for a big chunk of it, and they still continued to play up the pitch for the whole half.

I’d wager way more more than half of Dozzell’s touches came in the second half.

That means he had far fewer (percentage wise) when both were on the pitch together, reflecting the opinions stated in my post.

And for all those touches he would have had in the second half, how many chances did he create? Hardly any to my mind. EDB came on and created more, as did Smyth.

And if we were to look at challenges won or free kicks won…?

We’re giving him a soft out. Field is still significantly better as an all rounder midfielder. Just because Dozzell might have improved in recent weeks doesn’t mean he’s playing at a high enough level or impacting games more than Field.
Possible January signings. on 13:56 - Dec 14 with 2426 viewsLazyFan

I would guess we have some small money, possibly for one loan. This is from the desperate small sponsorship of Jude, the cat's litter box and other such sneaky stuff we have been doing in recent weeks to stay under FFP if we do a loan.

There is also the possibility that Willock will be sold to get something from him. Hence, that's why the rumours were flying about on that Blackpool player who never scores but is supposed to run quicker than the Flash. Eric Sabin MK 2.

And then Leeds is worried about being in 3rd with Ipswich 10 pts ahead. They sold that Sinister winger to the Prem, so they have some cash to burn and a reason to burn it. Rumour was they enquired about Chair, but it was too late in the window. I suspect they will be back in for him in Jan.

If we sell Chair for £10m, we should buy Jay Stansfield and Jaden Philogene for £5m each.
I know, I know, fantasy land.

I worry we shall end up with just Eric Sabin MK 2 and Prem loan rubbish, Taylor Roberts style.
People may not like that, but this is our situation.

zzzzzzzzzz

Possible January signings. on 14:48 - Dec 14 with 2333 viewsDannyPaddox

Possible January signings. on 13:39 - Dec 14 by TommyQPR

Dane Scarlett cannot play for another English club this season.

He's made appearances for both Spurs and Ipswich, therefore he cannot be loaned out again according to FA rules.

Top knowledge, I never knew that rule. I shall inform my Spuds mucker.
Possible January signings. on 15:06 - Dec 14 with 2279 viewstraininvain

Possible January signings. on 13:56 - Dec 14 by LazyFan

I would guess we have some small money, possibly for one loan. This is from the desperate small sponsorship of Jude, the cat's litter box and other such sneaky stuff we have been doing in recent weeks to stay under FFP if we do a loan.

There is also the possibility that Willock will be sold to get something from him. Hence, that's why the rumours were flying about on that Blackpool player who never scores but is supposed to run quicker than the Flash. Eric Sabin MK 2.

And then Leeds is worried about being in 3rd with Ipswich 10 pts ahead. They sold that Sinister winger to the Prem, so they have some cash to burn and a reason to burn it. Rumour was they enquired about Chair, but it was too late in the window. I suspect they will be back in for him in Jan.

If we sell Chair for £10m, we should buy Jay Stansfield and Jaden Philogene for £5m each.
I know, I know, fantasy land.

I worry we shall end up with just Eric Sabin MK 2 and Prem loan rubbish, Taylor Roberts style.
People may not like that, but this is our situation.

Why would Hull sell Philogene for the same amount they paid for him last summer when his value has probably doubled over the past few months.
Possible January signings. on 15:19 - Dec 14 with 2240 viewsaston_hoop

Possible January signings. on 15:06 - Dec 14 by traininvain

Why would Hull sell Philogene for the same amount they paid for him last summer when his value has probably doubled over the past few months.

Villa have a buyback on him of £15 million and I reckon they'd do it just to get £20 million from someone else for him if he keeps his form up

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Possible January signings. on 15:24 - Dec 14 with 2226 viewsTheChef

Let alone our finances, but I'd be wary of any January signings unless we can be sure they can really improve the squad.

Players tend to be available in January for a reason and usually because they're not very good.

Possible January signings. on 21:05 - Dec 14 with 1950 viewsLazyFan

Possible January signings. on 15:06 - Dec 14 by traininvain

I thought he was on loan, my mistake!
No they would never sell him, you are correct.

zzzzzzzzzz

Possible January signings. on 21:16 - Dec 14 with 1914 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Agree he's come on well and there is some quality there...but he is still gonna have doubters...as he was a ghost for so long
Possible January signings. on 21:17 - Dec 14 with 1911 viewslassel

What last night showed clearly is that we desperately need another RB if Cannon can’t play 40+ games a season.
Possible January signings. on 22:38 - Dec 14 with 1741 viewsNorthernr

Possible January signings. on 21:17 - Dec 14 by lassel

What last night showed clearly is that we desperately need another RB if Cannon can’t play 40+ games a season.

I'd think that a long way down the list of priorities. It's astonishing we've got Cannon at all, let alone back up.

What budget they have (if any) will surely be spent at the top end of the pitch, in the loan market. We've tried to do a season with Dykes, Armstrong, Kolli and Kelman as our strikers. We're lucky we're not relegated already.
Possible January signings. on 23:49 - Dec 14 with 1653 viewscaliforniahoop

Possible January signings. on 22:38 - Dec 14 by Northernr

I'd think that a long way down the list of priorities. It's astonishing we've got Cannon at all, let alone back up.

What budget they have (if any) will surely be spent at the top end of the pitch, in the loan market. We've tried to do a season with Dykes, Armstrong, Kolli and Kelman as our strikers. We're lucky we're not relegated already.

So true
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024