Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How we could approach the January window 11:48 - Dec 28 with 7814 viewsQPRConor2000

Given the state of our finances, we probably really do need to try and clear one or two out to ensure we do have some funds to allow Marti to make some additions.

Unless the sponsorships we have signed mean we do have some funds for loans and the odd free transfer.
How we could approach the January window on 11:51 - Dec 28 with 5233 viewsHastings_Hoops

…Given the state of the current squad we need to clear a few out.
How we could approach the January window on 11:52 - Dec 28 with 5223 viewsdaveB

they should have players lined up already and through the door before the Watford game
They know what they can and can't spend so the recruitment team should have targets that we are talking to already
How we could approach the January window on 11:57 - Dec 28 with 5186 viewsLblock

How we could approach the January window on 11:52 - Dec 28 by daveB

they should have players lined up already and through the door before the Watford game
They know what they can and can't spend so the recruitment team should have targets that we are talking to already

I would say we need some goons grinning on the pitch with scarves above their heads pre Cardiff game.
Need people in start of January NOT at the end.

Thing is - these players need to be decent Championship quality but also able to slog it out in League One once that comes to pass.
Rare as rocking horse shoite those types

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

How we could approach the January window on 12:31 - Dec 28 with 5090 viewsCateLeBonR

How we could approach the January window on 11:57 - Dec 28 by Lblock

I would say we need some goons grinning on the pitch with scarves above their heads pre Cardiff game.
Need people in start of January NOT at the end.

Thing is - these players need to be decent Championship quality but also able to slog it out in League One once that comes to pass.
Rare as rocking horse shoite those types

I’d imagine it will mostly be loans with an option to buy if we stay up or bonus based deals. Priorities for me are a versatile ball playing center back, 2 midfielders (one who can pass, one who can run) and a skillful playmaking striker. Easy.
How we could approach the January window on 13:05 - Dec 28 with 5014 viewsDeanoMD

I'd sell what we can and save the money for next year in League 1.

And if you think that Hoos etc. are ahead of the game with singings already lined up for early Jan think again, if anything happens it will be last minute non-sense as usual.
How we could approach the January window on 13:35 - Dec 28 with 4954 viewsQPRConor2000

We have 14 players who are out of contract at the end of this season, and I personally would try and get one or two of that group out the door in January and try and use any sort of money we recoup to get some loans in to cover us till the end of the season.

We do have 22 games between now at the end of the current season, and we need at least 30 points from them to get to 50.

Its going to come down to January imo whether we stay up or go down.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2023 15:28]
How we could approach the January window on 14:11 - Dec 28 with 4892 viewsLazyFan

Totally guesswork that QPR can afford one prem loan and that's it.
This should be a goal scorer as that is what we need.
They need to come in as soon as the window opens.

zzzzzzzzzz

How we could approach the January window on 15:20 - Dec 28 with 4816 viewsderbyhoop

What makes anybody think we can shift OOC players for money.
Willock just possibly.
All you can do is trivial savings on the wage bill.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Login to get fewer ads

How we could approach the January window on 15:23 - Dec 28 with 4806 viewsLowerloftLad

I say we just approach it drunk.

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

How we could approach the January window on 16:54 - Dec 30 with 4575 viewsStainrod

We are not even being linked with anybody and given that we have no DoF and a manager without contacts in the English game, it suggests to me that no one is lined up. Given that Jan with a lot of favourable home games is probably our best hope of avoiding the drop, it seems we will play much of it without re-enforcements. Of course would be delighted to be proved wrong with a Reggie Canon out of the blue signing.

I am a realist, so rather than the cavalry I am expecting - or perhaps "hoping for" would be more accurate - a young striker on loan. Without that, am struggling to see how things change. Defensively we are are actually pretty decent now without injuries. Our midfield showed last night it doesn't have to be completely terrible if it attempts to pass forward occasionally. But honestly its really hard to see where the next goal is coming from. That means you are only one defensive blunder from losing a game, and then heads drop so fast they might as well be in a guillotine. Rinse and repeat.

So I would understand if we can't afford re-enforcements, but if so I hope the board recognise the almost inevitable consequence is relegation; but if there is some small room in the budget for a striker - even an unfit Chris Martin type who has been smoking woodbines and drinking ale of an afternoon for the last six months - I would hope Hoos is not getting so stuck into the mulled wine that he isn't making this his number one priority.
How we could approach the January window on 16:59 - Dec 30 with 4548 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Les Ferdinand fan or not, forcing him out has created a problem for us this January.
How we could approach the January window on 17:01 - Dec 30 with 4528 viewsRangersw12

How we could approach the January window on 16:59 - Dec 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

Les Ferdinand fan or not, forcing him out has created a problem for us this January.

Yep which is another reason why Ainsworth was a disaster
How we could approach the January window on 17:05 - Dec 30 with 4505 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

How we could approach the January window on 17:01 - Dec 30 by Rangersw12

Yep which is another reason why Ainsworth was a disaster

For forcing out Ferdinand?
How we could approach the January window on 17:07 - Dec 30 with 4494 viewsRangersw12

How we could approach the January window on 17:05 - Dec 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

For forcing out Ferdinand?

Ferdinand left because of the players Ainsworth wanted
How we could approach the January window on 17:19 - Dec 30 with 4450 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

How we could approach the January window on 17:07 - Dec 30 by Rangersw12

I’m not sure that’s true and at the very least not unique to Ainsworth.

A litany of managers and owners have ignored Ferdinand for the last ten years. Warburton famously left a space on the bench instead of play a Ferdinand youngster and it wasn’t Ainsworth who signed Johanson and Austin.
How we could approach the January window on 17:25 - Dec 30 with 4424 viewsdmm

Which of the summer intake did Ferdinand not want us to sign?
How we could approach the January window on 17:25 - Dec 30 with 4424 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

How we could approach the January window on 15:23 - Dec 28 by LowerloftLad

I say we just approach it drunk.

That sounds the most sensible idea all year. Place on the board for u sir!
How we could approach the January window on 17:28 - Dec 30 with 4391 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Or we approach it camouflaged like stalking a deer. Then jump out on it and hope we catch our prey.
How we could approach the January window on 17:32 - Dec 30 with 4374 viewsDorse

How we could approach the January window on 17:28 - Dec 30 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Or we approach it camouflaged like stalking a deer. Then jump out on it and hope we catch our prey.

And snag our bollocks on a set of antlers.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

How we could approach the January window on 17:34 - Dec 30 with 4366 viewsThGrimRanger

not sure 'forced out' is the best representation of why LF is no longer at QPR. He had 8 years as DOF and during that time both our recruitment and performance on the pitch has been nothing short of disastrous as backed up by the recently shared stats.

I'd like to think that he knew that his time was up and the terms of his exit were mutually agreed. Wouldn't be surprised if we're still paying him.

TheGrimRanger

How we could approach the January window on 18:09 - Dec 30 with 4251 viewsDannyPaddox

How we could approach the January window on 17:32 - Dec 30 by Dorse

And snag our bollocks on a set of antlers.

If I’m not mistaken a line from the original version of Hoots mon there’s a moose loose around this hoose!
How we could approach the January window on 18:27 - Dec 30 with 4178 viewslassel

How we could approach the January window on 11:52 - Dec 28 by daveB

Two way street though isn’t it Dave - any out of contract player we are interested in will likely want to wait until the end of Jan to see what other offers are on the table. We will already have to do dumb deals to get them in and to get them in early it would likely have to be a suicidal silly deal financially.

Same for any young PL Regen we might be interested in (but let’s be honest won’t be able to afford), their club will want to wait until the end of the window before letting them go out.
How we could approach the January window on 19:16 - Dec 30 with 4066 viewskensalriser

There are now seven teams in the bottom 10 who've conceded more goals than we have and that's because in Cifuentes' 11 games we've conceded only nine. On that basis the approach should be 1) get a striker, 2) get a striker, and 3) get a striker.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2023 13:09]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

How we could approach the January window on 21:46 - Dec 30 with 3930 viewsMidlands_Ranger

We have to cash in on what we can before the end of the season. Like has been said and is the case, lots out of contract so let's get a few quid in for them, it won't be a lot but get what we can.

If we really do want to stay up then the loans we are going to make(I'd be surprised if we sign anyone permanent, well anyone worth signing)need to be made and ready to go as soon as January is underway. If we are settling for League one next year, don't bring in a single player....just sell what you can like a closing down sale everything must go.

I don't want to go down and I don't think it would be good at all for us, yeah different grounds, different sights but really we wanna be as competitive as we can. Get this FFP shiiiit out the way, stick with Marti and go again next year still a championship side.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2023 21:48]
How we could approach the January window on 21:52 - Dec 30 with 3905 viewsHoopinEssex

Really wish we could sign the lad Shankland from Hearts. A quality goalscorer who's getting better. The type of striker we are looking for
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024