Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Colback or Dozzell? 16:00 - Jan 14 with 6294 viewsRed_Ranger

Was much anticipating the return of Colback.
He hardly touched the ball in the first 30 mins.
Gets booked.
Just when i was praying he gets substituted - nearly scores!!!

Thought Dozzell played better when he came on , but he frustrates when he gets the gig from kick off.

They both annoying. We miss Stephan in that role.
Colback or Dozzell? on 16:08 - Jan 14 with 4585 viewsParkRoyalR

Colback all-day as involved in the game, but in fairness to Dozzell when he came on today he did play one decent forward pass, which he needs to do much more regularly.
Colback or Dozzell? on 16:10 - Jan 14 with 4580 viewsWatford_Ranger

If either of them were any good there wouldn’t be a debate.

Don’t think Bonner is up to much either but we’ll need him next year so he’d be my preference for that alone.
Colback or Dozzell? on 16:17 - Jan 14 with 4518 viewsDamo1962

You always run the risk of playing with ten men with Colback...but you are anyway with Dozy. Jack for me 🤔😎
Colback or Dozzell? on 16:22 - Jan 14 with 4501 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Colback or Dozzell? on 16:10 - Jan 14 by Watford_Ranger

If either of them were any good there wouldn’t be a debate.

Don’t think Bonner is up to much either but we’ll need him next year so he’d be my preference for that alone.

Body language is massive when EDB was sent on he sprinted to his position like he was going to do damage .
Dozzell just wandered on and nobody thought he would save us (pass apart the guy cannot make a difference ).
Bonner looks like he is up for the fight but a bit wild and reckless like Armstrong bring that kid along he could be a player IMO
Colback or Dozzell? on 16:57 - Jan 14 with 4361 viewsgazza1

Posters need to listen to what the Manager has to say about Colback in his after match interview.....and as for comparing these two players is nonsense.
Colback or Dozzell? on 17:00 - Jan 14 with 4341 viewsjohncharles

Colbeck held his nerve and his temper which must have been hard work for him. Well done Jack

Strong and stable my arse.

Colback or Dozzell? on 17:06 - Jan 14 with 4303 viewsPunteR

I wasnt overly impressed with Colback, That booking was ridiculous. For a start it would have been easier just to slide and play the ball. Just blatantly took the player out on the flipping halfway line. Thick.
Also, and i could be misreading what he was saying, but nearly every pass back to his defence he was then telling them to go long. Is that how we play ?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Colback or Dozzell? on 17:32 - Jan 14 with 4223 viewsStanFan

I'd say that Colback was very poor. His 2 decisive contributions were:
(1) Made a shocking tackle that could/should have been a red.
(2) Missed a gift-wrapped chance at 0-1. We talk about needing a quality striker but any professional footballer should be scoring that.
Login to get fewer ads

Colback or Dozzell? on 18:34 - Jan 14 with 4075 viewsCateLeBonR

This question makes me think of an interview with Ian Hislop recently where he's offered a choice between a Corbyn Britain and a Sunak Britain.

"Can we just not have either of those?"
Colback or Dozzell? on 19:01 - Jan 14 with 3995 viewsPhilmyRs

Colback played well. Did what the Manager would want from their centre midfielder. Much better than Dozzell.
Colback or Dozzell? on 19:06 - Jan 14 with 3967 viewsgazza1

Cannot understand what posters want from Colback......the Managers has 'waxed lyrical' about him in his post match interview and posters are slagging him off. Absolute Madness.

As for his booking, he was booked because he wanted to stop a dangerous attack - the reason, our ball playing CB gave the ball away far too easily.

I'm glad the 'knockers' are not the people that select the team because we would already be relegated.

Shocking!!!!
Colback or Dozzell? on 19:40 - Jan 14 with 3882 viewsCateLeBonR

Colback or Dozzell? on 19:06 - Jan 14 by gazza1

Cannot understand what posters want from Colback......the Managers has 'waxed lyrical' about him in his post match interview and posters are slagging him off. Absolute Madness.

As for his booking, he was booked because he wanted to stop a dangerous attack - the reason, our ball playing CB gave the ball away far too easily.

I'm glad the 'knockers' are not the people that select the team because we would already be relegated.

Shocking!!!!

I'd much prefer Colback had done the same with his very presentable chance as Livermore did with his two. Think that's a legitimate argument. I can forgive a 20 year old Armstrong having some decent efforts at goal saved. Can't understand why anyone would stick up for Colback he's been very disappointing.
Colback or Dozzell? on 19:45 - Jan 14 with 3847 viewsgazza1

Colback or Dozzell? on 19:40 - Jan 14 by CateLeBonR

I'd much prefer Colback had done the same with his very presentable chance as Livermore did with his two. Think that's a legitimate argument. I can forgive a 20 year old Armstrong having some decent efforts at goal saved. Can't understand why anyone would stick up for Colback he's been very disappointing.

Well, he was selected by the Manager ahead of many of the posters favourites like D/Bonner & Smyth. Listen to the Managers after match interview - it will provide you some answers.

Too easy on Sinclair, he must score at least two of the opportunities he had.
Colback or Dozzell? on 19:59 - Jan 14 with 3797 viewsCateLeBonR

Colback or Dozzell? on 19:45 - Jan 14 by gazza1

Well, he was selected by the Manager ahead of many of the posters favourites like D/Bonner & Smyth. Listen to the Managers after match interview - it will provide you some answers.

Too easy on Sinclair, he must score at least two of the opportunities he had.

I’d have selected Colback today too. If anything Livermore highlighted what we’re missing from Field.

The header for Sinclair I can’t recall him ever getting near headers before but nice to see. The other two i thought no one else on the pitch today would have scored either.
Colback or Dozzell? on 20:30 - Jan 14 with 3705 viewsRed_Ranger

Shocking!!!!

I tell you what posters want from Colback. They want to see a performance from an experienced defensive midfielder who you'd say after the game, 'he should be captain'.

Someone who is supporting and setting up the attacking play whist getting back and winning every single ball when defending.

Im not here just to slag off people, i just genuinely didnt think he did enough today. As I said in the OP i was really looking forward to seeing him making a difference.

For me he was the most disappointing player today.
[Post edited 14 Jan 20:36]
Colback or Dozzell? on 22:06 - Jan 14 with 3597 viewsPunteR

Shocking!!!!

It was on the halfway line, and like i said he missed timed the tackle so therefore rubbish and another booking. Yeh he's better than Dozy but thats not saying much. He's been a really poor player for us this season. Yeh fair enough he did some decent stuff today as well but he's way short of what we need atm and thats why we're sitting bottom of the table.

We are not winning games with him in our team so i dont understand your point..?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Colback or Dozzell? on 22:08 - Jan 14 with 3586 viewssevenhoop

If Dozell started and continued games as he did for his cameo today , he might be a player. He looked lively and played with purpose. He drives mad, is so lackadaisical when he plays normally, but why cannot he always play like it means something to him ffs?!
Colback or Dozzell? on 22:12 - Jan 14 with 3571 viewsDorse

Dozzell: not as bad as people say but not as good as we need him to be.
Colback: the answer to the question 'da fcuk?!'

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Colback or Dozzell? on 22:16 - Jan 14 with 3557 viewsmart_Goblin

Anyone else sick to f*ckiing death of Field being unnecessarily booked a few minutes into every match because he has been beaten by a player and is now wrong side ? Usually about 30 miles from our goal with half the team still behind him to cover .
Starting to feel like it’s a race to get a 2 match suspension.

Colback wasn’t satisfied until he was booked and perhaps should have been booked on 3 or 4 occasions before he nearly broke the guy in half to ‘claim his reward’.

From that point on, we struggled to win the midfield battle because it was treading a tightrope .

They don’t play forward and they are liabilities at the moment …and still I prefer them both to Dozzell
Colback or Dozzell? on 22:30 - Jan 14 with 3500 viewsNed_Kennedys

Colback or Dozzell? on 20:30 - Jan 14 by Red_Ranger

I tell you what posters want from Colback. They want to see a performance from an experienced defensive midfielder who you'd say after the game, 'he should be captain'.

Someone who is supporting and setting up the attacking play whist getting back and winning every single ball when defending.

Im not here just to slag off people, i just genuinely didnt think he did enough today. As I said in the OP i was really looking forward to seeing him making a difference.

For me he was the most disappointing player today.
[Post edited 14 Jan 20:36]

Willock was the most disappointing today.
Tentative and ineffective.
Colback or Dozzell? on 22:33 - Jan 14 with 3490 viewsmart_Goblin

Colback or Dozzell? on 22:30 - Jan 14 by Ned_Kennedys

Willock was the most disappointing today.
Tentative and ineffective.

I’d agree with that . Body language in 1st half was terrible, arguing with MC during the game and sauntering around looking exhausted without Barely breaking into a sprint.

Thought Cannon had a shocking second half too
[Post edited 14 Jan 22:34]
Colback or Dozzell? on 23:11 - Jan 14 with 3402 viewsstainrods_elbow

Colback or Dozzell? on 16:57 - Jan 14 by gazza1

Posters need to listen to what the Manager has to say about Colback in his after match interview.....and as for comparing these two players is nonsense.

I heard that - worrying. Cifuentes clearly overrates Colback, or most of the fanbase is wrong. The latter contributed very little today apart from some quick inter-passing in withdrawn positions and a par-for-the course miss.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Colback or Dozzell? on 23:31 - Jan 14 with 3353 viewsParkRoyalR

Colback or Dozzell? on 22:33 - Jan 14 by mart_Goblin

I’d agree with that . Body language in 1st half was terrible, arguing with MC during the game and sauntering around looking exhausted without Barely breaking into a sprint.

Thought Cannon had a shocking second half too
[Post edited 14 Jan 22:34]

I saw Willock on the point of exhaustion + checked the scoreboard, we were 27 minutes in...!

Willock left Cannon exposed too often in that 1st Half and we were fortunate on a few occasions when they played right through us there due to his lack of desire + fitness.
Colback or Dozzell? on 06:31 - Jan 15 with 3226 viewsPaddyhoops

I’ve seen red cards(soft ones ) given for Colbacks yellow . Would have been interesting to see the crowd’s reaction if he had got a red . Another three week break for him would have gone down well.
Thought he did ok as did Dozell . Three forward passes in 5 minutes as well . I nearly fainted.
Solid 6s for me but we need 8s to get out of the shite were in.
Will Colback stick around for leauge one? I doubt it. Dozell probably won’t have a choice.
Unless he’s out of contract which I’m not sure.
Colback or Dozzell? on 07:53 - Jan 15 with 3144 viewsdmm

I've not been impressed with Colback all season, even with his two goals. You'd never guess he'd played nearly 200 games in the Premier League. If he just kept his hands off every player he tries to tackle, that would be an improvement.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024