Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill 11:51 - Jan 24 with 14541 viewshubble

Sorry if a Spackman, but this could be incredible for us if it comes off...

https://www.football365.com/news/77m-rated-prem-star-greenlights-man-utd-move-do

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 12:04 - Jan 24 with 7642 viewsWelsh_Ranger

I'd love to see him get the move he deserves and the financial windfall that would enable us to invest in our future but I would also like very much for him to go somewhere he can flourish and MU is a rotting cesspit of a place.
Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 12:11 - Jan 24 with 7575 viewskensalriser

Call me cynical, but until there's hard news I'm filing this in the same place as Marti's phantom legion of unfeasibly talented and cheap young Scandi prospects.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 12:49 - Jan 24 with 7291 viewsstainrods_elbow

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 12:04 - Jan 24 by Welsh_Ranger

I'd love to see him get the move he deserves and the financial windfall that would enable us to invest in our future but I would also like very much for him to go somewhere he can flourish and MU is a rotting cesspit of a place.

I do too, obviously, on both counts, but it's a bitter indictment of the financial/player development 'achievements' of the club in recent years that we're pinning all our fiscal hopes on a fantasised big money transfer cut generated by one lavishly gifted former player. Mercifully, Hoos is now finally out the door, and hopefully the owners will follow. We're still a catch for new leaders with vision and commitment, despite the views expressed to the contrary on this esteemed board. Stay up this year, and, with suitable hands on the tiller, Marti can really help us build next season.
[Post edited 24 Jan 12:52]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 12:57 - Jan 24 with 7241 viewsJuzzie

Palace want £77m but they know they won't get it, they're just pushing up the ante.
If it does happen, it'll probably be around £50-60m which I think is a nice £10-12m bonus for us (if it's a 20% sell on clause).
We probably won't be able to use much of it as we have to bring FFP down and still pay Richards.
Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 13:02 - Jan 24 with 7176 viewsJacksonQPR

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 12:49 - Jan 24 by stainrods_elbow

I do too, obviously, on both counts, but it's a bitter indictment of the financial/player development 'achievements' of the club in recent years that we're pinning all our fiscal hopes on a fantasised big money transfer cut generated by one lavishly gifted former player. Mercifully, Hoos is now finally out the door, and hopefully the owners will follow. We're still a catch for new leaders with vision and commitment, despite the views expressed to the contrary on this esteemed board. Stay up this year, and, with suitable hands on the tiller, Marti can really help us build next season.
[Post edited 24 Jan 12:52]

I just cant get my head around why Lee Hoos leaving and new owners is suddenly the key to success. What are new owners going to do? they will still be hamstrung by the FFP that plagues us now, not like suddenly we can spend all the money in the world. These owners spend about a million a month to keep us afloat, who in the world is gonna buy this club that is bleeding money out of its arse. The only reason were in such a bad situation is becacuse they gave it all we had to try and push us over the promotion line with Austin and Johansen and such, which was so close to working. You compare these owners to some of the others in the footballing world and id be counting my lucky stars and hoping they keep writing those million pound cheques.
Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 13:09 - Jan 24 with 7099 viewscolinallcars

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 12:57 - Jan 24 by Juzzie

Palace want £77m but they know they won't get it, they're just pushing up the ante.
If it does happen, it'll probably be around £50-60m which I think is a nice £10-12m bonus for us (if it's a 20% sell on clause).
We probably won't be able to use much of it as we have to bring FFP down and still pay Richards.

Hmm…Richards. Marti says he is no longer part of the squad. I wonder if finally the club are finding a way to part company with him. Surely the club can't go on paying him thousands a week for the next what, two and a half years ?
Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 13:10 - Jan 24 with 7101 viewsAntti_Heinola

It's been said so much now that it's become accepted fact. But,while everything cotributes, it wasn't the completed signings of Austin, Johansen, Field and De Wijs were signed. Wages might have been high with some, but no fees were paid. De Wijs was gone inside 6 months, Austin within a year, Johansen (although paid off) within 2.
The buying wasn't the problem: it was the selling. If they decided not to sell one of our sellable assets that summer, it was a gamble, but one worth taking and as late as February apeared to be paying off.
The error came the following summer with Beale. When promotion wasn't achieved, sales should have happened. They didn't - AND Beale was allowed to make a raft of signings.
If the previous summer was a mistake, it was recoverable - that it wasn't is where the error really occurred.

Bare bones.

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 13:28 - Jan 24 with 6922 viewsActonExile

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 13:02 - Jan 24 by JacksonQPR

I just cant get my head around why Lee Hoos leaving and new owners is suddenly the key to success. What are new owners going to do? they will still be hamstrung by the FFP that plagues us now, not like suddenly we can spend all the money in the world. These owners spend about a million a month to keep us afloat, who in the world is gonna buy this club that is bleeding money out of its arse. The only reason were in such a bad situation is becacuse they gave it all we had to try and push us over the promotion line with Austin and Johansen and such, which was so close to working. You compare these owners to some of the others in the footballing world and id be counting my lucky stars and hoping they keep writing those million pound cheques.

Maybe the owners wouldn't have to fund the club £1m a month if they ran the thing properly in the first place.

It has been said on here plenty of times but the academy has produced nothing in years, if we produced one semi reasonable player every two to three years that would save us a transfer fee for a start.

Secondly, i like most people on this board probably spend at least £40 on a matchday buying beer and food, none of which i spend in the ground because quite frankly it is vile and expensive.

We are currently averaging 16k at home this season and if the catering was of any decent fare i would be prepared to probably spend half of that in the ground which by rough mathematics is could generate somewhere close to £320k per game (obviously some spend less and some more) multiply that by 24 games (23 league and we'll probably get one of our first round cup defeats at home) = £7.6m.

I appreciate all the calculations may not be exact but the owners should fix the small things first.

Poll: Wherever QPR end up playing home games in the future, what is most important?

Login to get fewer ads

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 13:33 - Jan 24 with 6855 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 13:10 - Jan 24 by Antti_Heinola

It's been said so much now that it's become accepted fact. But,while everything cotributes, it wasn't the completed signings of Austin, Johansen, Field and De Wijs were signed. Wages might have been high with some, but no fees were paid. De Wijs was gone inside 6 months, Austin within a year, Johansen (although paid off) within 2.
The buying wasn't the problem: it was the selling. If they decided not to sell one of our sellable assets that summer, it was a gamble, but one worth taking and as late as February apeared to be paying off.
The error came the following summer with Beale. When promotion wasn't achieved, sales should have happened. They didn't - AND Beale was allowed to make a raft of signings.
If the previous summer was a mistake, it was recoverable - that it wasn't is where the error really occurred.

Three situations, all mishandled in my view, so all three added to our problems Antti.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 13:53 - Jan 24 with 6701 viewsPhilmyRs

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 13:33 - Jan 24 by BrianMcCarthy

Three situations, all mishandled in my view, so all three added to our problems Antti.

Agreed.

The failure to sell was indeed a factor that exacerbated the problems but signing two players on big wages (Austin and Johansen) with zero sell-on value, for a club like ours, that needs to develop talent, that was a big mistake. Had we signed at least 1 player with a view to fattening up and selling on in a year or two, we'd also have been better placed to tackle the financial mess. The Beale pre-season and the additional signings were the icing on the cake given there was no sell-on-options, all were loans, even Taylor Richards 'try but you must buy' deal. So no future sell-on assets.

You can make the case that not selling under Beale was a mistake, and had we, we could have recovered, but the decisions that preceded it were also key contributory factors to the mess and all lumped together is why we're in a relegation fight.
Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 13:55 - Jan 24 with 6682 viewsngbqpr

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 13:09 - Jan 24 by colinallcars

Hmm…Richards. Marti says he is no longer part of the squad. I wonder if finally the club are finding a way to part company with him. Surely the club can't go on paying him thousands a week for the next what, two and a half years ?

Not the first mention I've seen of it - can you tell me when / where Marti said about Richards please, as I seem to have missed it. TIA.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 13:56 - Jan 24 with 6671 viewsLblock

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 13:09 - Jan 24 by colinallcars

Where has he said that?

If we can get shot of poor little Taylor (for two bob n conker or on loan) in this window by whatever way, shape or form then that would be a good window getting rid of two wasters in midfield.

Clearly I'd like to replace them the new Patrick Viera (or Diakete) but a couple of fit, mobile, strong and aggressive players who can trap a ball, not hide and chip in with half a dozen goals will do! Easy innit!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 13:58 - Jan 24 with 6655 viewsNorthernr

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 13:53 - Jan 24 by PhilmyRs

Agreed.

The failure to sell was indeed a factor that exacerbated the problems but signing two players on big wages (Austin and Johansen) with zero sell-on value, for a club like ours, that needs to develop talent, that was a big mistake. Had we signed at least 1 player with a view to fattening up and selling on in a year or two, we'd also have been better placed to tackle the financial mess. The Beale pre-season and the additional signings were the icing on the cake given there was no sell-on-options, all were loans, even Taylor Richards 'try but you must buy' deal. So no future sell-on assets.

You can make the case that not selling under Beale was a mistake, and had we, we could have recovered, but the decisions that preceded it were also key contributory factors to the mess and all lumped together is why we're in a relegation fight.

Another factor is the 2021 summer there was some interest in players - Chair, Dickie, Dieng - and that had almost completely dried up by the following summer.
Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 13:58 - Jan 24 with 6647 viewsNorthernr

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 13:55 - Jan 24 by ngbqpr

Not the first mention I've seen of it - can you tell me when / where Marti said about Richards please, as I seem to have missed it. TIA.

He said it in the written press interview, quoted in WLS, before a recent game, possible Bournemouth.
Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 14:02 - Jan 24 with 6610 viewsBeejnewark

But did he mean not in the squad for that game, or the playing squad completely?
Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 14:06 - Jan 24 with 6556 viewsNorthernr

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 14:02 - Jan 24 by Beejnewark

But did he mean not in the squad for that game, or the playing squad completely?

The latter.
Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 14:14 - Jan 24 with 6485 viewsPhilmyRs

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 13:58 - Jan 24 by Northernr

Another factor is the 2021 summer there was some interest in players - Chair, Dickie, Dieng - and that had almost completely dried up by the following summer.

True, but assuming I've got my years correct, was that the one where Willock's hamstring first blew up? Not one to defend the club, but think Willock was flying at that point and was potentially the next thing to go for big money or if not, we'd have kept him and Chair would have been sold but the injury curtailed the plan. Basically, what I'm saying in a long winded way is, we were a bit unlucky with Willock and the potential income he or Chair could have generated in the 20/21 summer but the injury fcked our plans.
Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 14:19 - Jan 24 with 6426 viewsNorthernr

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 14:14 - Jan 24 by PhilmyRs

True, but assuming I've got my years correct, was that the one where Willock's hamstring first blew up? Not one to defend the club, but think Willock was flying at that point and was potentially the next thing to go for big money or if not, we'd have kept him and Chair would have been sold but the injury curtailed the plan. Basically, what I'm saying in a long winded way is, we were a bit unlucky with Willock and the potential income he or Chair could have generated in the 20/21 summer but the injury fcked our plans.

Yeh fair.
Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 14:20 - Jan 24 with 6410 viewsBeejnewark

Is Richards still under warranty?
[Post edited 24 Jan 14:22]
Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 14:25 - Jan 24 with 6347 viewsdaveB

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 13:53 - Jan 24 by PhilmyRs

Agreed.

Those 2 signings though easy to say in hindsight we shouldn't have done it but they raised us from bottom half to challenging for the playoffs, if we had gone up that year or even if we'd just sold Chair, Dickie or Dieng in 2022 we'd be in a much stronger place now
Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 14:27 - Jan 24 with 6323 viewsNorthernr

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 14:25 - Jan 24 by daveB

Those 2 signings though easy to say in hindsight we shouldn't have done it but they raised us from bottom half to challenging for the playoffs, if we had gone up that year or even if we'd just sold Chair, Dickie or Dieng in 2022 we'd be in a much stronger place now

Yeh and I thought Johansen really would be the difference looking at how good he was when he first got here. Always a ridiculous contract but I thought he was a non-sellable signing who was worth it at the time.
Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 14:27 - Jan 24 with 6315 viewsGaryBannister86

Good point, Dave. Sometimes a club like ours has to gamble and I thought that was fair enough. I didn't know this would result, but hey.

Didn't we also, under Warbs, go very close to getting Cook in one January window? I reckon we would have gone pretty damn close with him alongside an in-form Dickie....
Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 14:28 - Jan 24 with 6302 viewsLazyFan

Manure won't buy Eze unless some of their current failures can be offloaded to the Saudi clubs.

I doubt that will happen as even those clubs are realising its more demanding than they thought.

Until that happens, it's all fantasy and even then.

zzzzzzzzzz

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 14:29 - Jan 24 with 6305 viewsPhilmyRs

Indeed, 'while the music played, we danced'. I was happy enough with it at the time but that's where strong leadership is required - not to be pressured into rash decisions because of an excited fanbase.
Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 14:33 - Jan 24 with 6255 viewssprocket

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 14:06 - Jan 24 by Northernr

The latter.

FFS , how long is Richards under contract? Is there a plan on how to move him on?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024