Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill 11:51 - Jan 24 with 15080 viewshubble

Sorry if a Spackman, but this could be incredible for us if it comes off...

https://www.football365.com/news/77m-rated-prem-star-greenlights-man-utd-move-do

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 19:28 - Jan 24 with 3671 viewsLordPork

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 13:02 - Jan 24 by JacksonQPR

I just cant get my head around why Lee Hoos leaving and new owners is suddenly the key to success. What are new owners going to do? they will still be hamstrung by the FFP that plagues us now, not like suddenly we can spend all the money in the world. These owners spend about a million a month to keep us afloat, who in the world is gonna buy this club that is bleeding money out of its arse. The only reason were in such a bad situation is becacuse they gave it all we had to try and push us over the promotion line with Austin and Johansen and such, which was so close to working. You compare these owners to some of the others in the footballing world and id be counting my lucky stars and hoping they keep writing those million pound cheques.

100%
Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 19:50 - Jan 24 with 3520 viewsSuperhoops2808

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 18:45 - Jan 24 by QPROslo

Paal as well I'd say.

I agree... I think he is better... Always fit and available and I would rather someone like him than JCS who always seemed to be injured
Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 20:00 - Jan 24 with 3460 viewsdmm

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 19:50 - Jan 24 by Superhoops2808

I agree... I think he is better... Always fit and available and I would rather someone like him than JCS who always seemed to be injured

To be fair, this season JCS has been unavailable for just 6 out of the 28 league games played. He's started 10 of the last 12 games and was on the bench for the other 2.
[Post edited 24 Jan 20:01]
Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 20:41 - Jan 24 with 3264 viewscolinallcars

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 18:45 - Jan 24 by QPROslo

Paal as well I'd say.

Before coming to QPR, Paal worked as a barkeep in a Glasgow pub.
The customers would come in and say “ pint o' Heavy Paal ”
Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 22:00 - Jan 24 with 2973 viewsbaz_qpr

re the OP Isn't it wonderful that a message board joke / pile on from 23 years ago is still being referenced
Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 09:59 - Jan 25 with 2427 viewsfrancisbowles

With regard to Taylor Richards, it is probable that he is claiming mental health as the reason for his lack of reporting for work. The club has to tread carefully on two counts. Firstly, to stay within employment law and best practice for managing his condition. Secondly, not to put additional pressure on him, which could have unthinkable consequences.
Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 10:25 - Jan 25 with 2329 viewsconnell10

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 09:59 - Jan 25 by francisbowles

With regard to Taylor Richards, it is probable that he is claiming mental health as the reason for his lack of reporting for work. The club has to tread carefully on two counts. Firstly, to stay within employment law and best practice for managing his condition. Secondly, not to put additional pressure on him, which could have unthinkable consequences.

God if he ain't even training imagine how much fatter he is gonna get

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 10:44 - Jan 25 with 2233 viewshubble

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 22:00 - Jan 24 by baz_qpr

re the OP Isn't it wonderful that a message board joke / pile on from 23 years ago is still being referenced

Indeed Baz.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Login to get fewer ads

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 10:50 - Jan 25 with 2198 viewsCamberleyR

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 15:34 - Jan 24 by Lblock

What? He's now a shadow of a shadow?

Never saw anything in him at all even while at the scum and certainly on Ingerlund duty he was largely Dozzell'esque

This 100%

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 10:55 - Jan 25 with 2177 viewslassel

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 17:00 - Jan 24 by Hunterhoop

I’ve never understood why in this situation the clubs couldn’t either do him for gross misconduct and sack him without a pay off. Or, if there are delicate health/bereavement matters, put him on leave and pay statutory.

Any ideas?

His contract can’t say he is entitled to be paid in full if he doesn’t report to training and fulfil his obligations as a football player.

When Tevez went awol, City wanted to sack him and withhold his registration. This was deemed not possible so they pivoted to a huge fine and stopping his wages until he returned.

The PFA intervened and ruled that the maximum disciplinary action would be 2 weeks wages for any 1x offence. Meaning a player could fck off for 6 months without returning and only be fined 2 weeks wages. Hugely advantageous rulings like these for footballers is why they pay dues to the PFA…

On Richards specifically, he may very well be back by now, I’m sure North knows more than me, but I know that he definitely wasn’t about over the Xmas period and it wasn’t agreed leave..
Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 10:59 - Jan 25 with 2129 viewsbosh67

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 09:59 - Jan 25 by francisbowles

I think re Richards the club is in a very difficult position. The silence from the club regarding him indicates the magnitude of the problem. I guess there was a feeling they could get him through it all (whatever it is) but as yet that hasn't worked at all. I have no idea if there is a get out clause or any other breaker in his contract? That may be being looked out or simply not there.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 11:03 - Jan 25 with 2114 viewsqprninja

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 13:02 - Jan 24 by JacksonQPR

I just cant get my head around why Lee Hoos leaving and new owners is suddenly the key to success. What are new owners going to do? they will still be hamstrung by the FFP that plagues us now, not like suddenly we can spend all the money in the world. These owners spend about a million a month to keep us afloat, who in the world is gonna buy this club that is bleeding money out of its arse. The only reason were in such a bad situation is becacuse they gave it all we had to try and push us over the promotion line with Austin and Johansen and such, which was so close to working. You compare these owners to some of the others in the footballing world and id be counting my lucky stars and hoping they keep writing those million pound cheques.

The club's current situation is all of the owner's own making. So I'm not sure we should shower them with praise for digging the club out of a hole they dug.
Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 12:31 - Jan 25 with 1941 viewsfrancisbowles

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 11:03 - Jan 25 by qprninja

The club's current situation is all of the owner's own making. So I'm not sure we should shower them with praise for digging the club out of a hole they dug.

Agree with that and perhaps the last sentence of JacksonQPR's post is a bit OTP but the rest of it is pretty accurate.
Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 12:39 - Jan 25 with 1894 viewsStainrod

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 11:03 - Jan 25 by qprninja

This is true. But from where we are now we could be bought by the world's richest man and they might indeed put structures in place that would see us turn this round over the next 5-10 years but they are not going to suddenly be able to conjure up the players this transfer window any more than the current board can.
Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 12:40 - Jan 25 with 1881 viewsStainrod

re Eze btw I see very little chatter about this in the serious/ semi-reliable press. As it stands this is just wishful thinking.
Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 13:44 - Jan 25 with 1574 viewsngbqpr

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 22:00 - Jan 24 by baz_qpr

On a similar tip...house music may not be everyone's bag...but on March 31st it's 10 years since it's inimitable founding father, Frankie Knuckles, left us. And on April 4th, 10 years since L block launched the Frankie Thread.

563 pages, 14,000 contributions, closing in on 2,000,000 views - it must be one of the most enduring tributes out there to the great man.

And it's on a QPR messageboard

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 13:56 - Jan 26 with 1178 viewsMick_S

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 13:44 - Jan 25 by ngbqpr

On a similar tip...house music may not be everyone's bag...but on March 31st it's 10 years since it's inimitable founding father, Frankie Knuckles, left us. And on April 4th, 10 years since L block launched the Frankie Thread.

563 pages, 14,000 contributions, closing in on 2,000,000 views - it must be one of the most enduring tributes out there to the great man.

Has anyone outside this board ever picked up on this thread? It’s utterly unique. Nigh on two million views and still going strong.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 14:07 - Jan 26 with 1115 viewsNorthernr

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 13:44 - Jan 25 by ngbqpr

It actually went viral on Twitter a while back as his fans discovered there was this 2m view tribute thread to him on "this weird message board where the QPR fans hang out"
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024