Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill 11:51 - Jan 24 with 15078 viewshubble

Sorry if a Spackman, but this could be incredible for us if it comes off...

https://www.football365.com/news/77m-rated-prem-star-greenlights-man-utd-move-do

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 14:44 - Jan 24 with 3226 viewsJuzzie

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 14:33 - Jan 24 by sprocket

FFS , how long is Richards under contract? Is there a plan on how to move him on?

Can only move him on if there's a willing buyer. I wouldn't be surprised if most clubs are aware of what's he's about and won't touch him with a bargepole. So, he'll see out his contract with us and disappear into obscurity.
Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 14:57 - Jan 24 with 3143 viewsdaveB

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 14:27 - Jan 24 by GaryBannister86

Good point, Dave. Sometimes a club like ours has to gamble and I thought that was fair enough. I didn't know this would result, but hey.

Didn't we also, under Warbs, go very close to getting Cook in one January window? I reckon we would have gone pretty damn close with him alongside an in-form Dickie....

Yeah ended up with Sanderson, think we'd have gone a lot closer if Cook had signed
Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 14:58 - Jan 24 with 3136 viewsdaveB

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 14:28 - Jan 24 by LazyFan

Manure won't buy Eze unless some of their current failures can be offloaded to the Saudi clubs.

I doubt that will happen as even those clubs are realising its more demanding than they thought.

Until that happens, it's all fantasy and even then.

Casemrio is off to Saudi apparently

I'm not sure they'll sign him either, already spent a fortune on Mount in the summer
Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 15:03 - Jan 24 with 3105 viewsLoyalitat

Nonsense.

Palace have their best player injured at present, Michael Olise. So they sell Eze and then have a week to find a replacement. Okay.
Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 15:04 - Jan 24 with 3096 viewssprocket

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 14:58 - Jan 24 by daveB

Casemrio is off to Saudi apparently

I'm not sure they'll sign him either, already spent a fortune on Mount in the summer

WTF has happened to Mount? Whenever I have seen him recently seems to be be a shadow of the player from 2-3 years ago. Whoever he has advising him needs to be ditched. Perhaps went for the money but how much money do you need?
Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 15:34 - Jan 24 with 2942 viewsLblock

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 15:04 - Jan 24 by sprocket

WTF has happened to Mount? Whenever I have seen him recently seems to be be a shadow of the player from 2-3 years ago. Whoever he has advising him needs to be ditched. Perhaps went for the money but how much money do you need?

What? He's now a shadow of a shadow?

Never saw anything in him at all even while at the scum and certainly on Ingerlund duty he was largely Dozzell'esque

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 15:37 - Jan 24 with 2927 viewsslmrstid

To be honest knowing this club if we got a big sell on for Eze rather than using it sensibly we'd probably just spunk it on another load of footballers and find ourselves in exactly the same position in another few years time.
Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 15:38 - Jan 24 with 2921 viewssprocket

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 15:34 - Jan 24 by Lblock

Never saw anything in him at all even while at the scum and certainly on Ingerlund duty he was largely Dozzell'esque

Come on? Super player for Chelsea couple of years back but started picking up injuries. Similar to Reece James in that regard, another fine player too. They play(ed) for Chelsea but surely we can debate on their ability.
Login to get fewer ads

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 16:02 - Jan 24 with 2812 viewsLazyFan

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 15:34 - Jan 24 by Lblock

Agreed, Mount is pony, the next Deli Ali as has been proven.

At the scum he was their star player, you know the next Terry mong love fest. So, to sell him meant fans getting majorly upset (so good that), but they sold him all the same as they knew he is pony.
Now Manure has found that out too, double the pleasure!

Glad Southgate has finally dropped him too and remember Southgate used to play Mount ahead of Foden, crackers that!

zzzzzzzzzz

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 16:07 - Jan 24 with 2774 viewslassel

FFS , how long is Richards under contract? Is there a plan on how to move him on?

3.5 years, and he’s not around. He’s not training - you can’t even loan him out as he wouldn’t turn up…
Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 16:30 - Jan 24 with 2636 viewsjohnhoop

I’ve got a nasty feeling it’s four years and if so it appears, given the apparent whip hand that the PFA hold over the clubs, that there's nothing to stop him milking us for the full amount for that period as SWP did with his £3 million a year for four years when he was virtually unselectable after the first couple.
Just note I stand corrected by Lassel and it’s only 3.5! Not much of a relief.
[Post edited 24 Jan 16:31]
Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 16:35 - Jan 24 with 2606 viewsjohnhoop

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 16:02 - Jan 24 by LazyFan

Agreed, Mount is pony, the next Deli Ali as has been proven.

At the scum he was their star player, you know the next Terry mong love fest. So, to sell him meant fans getting majorly upset (so good that), but they sold him all the same as they knew he is pony.
Now Manure has found that out too, double the pleasure!

Glad Southgate has finally dropped him too and remember Southgate used to play Mount ahead of Foden, crackers that!

Yet he gained 36 caps for England under Southgate!
Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 16:39 - Jan 24 with 2576 viewsShunter

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 15:04 - Jan 24 by sprocket

Maybe somebody told Mount to stop diving................
Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 16:54 - Jan 24 with 2477 viewsHanwellHoopster

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 16:30 - Jan 24 by johnhoop

I’ve got a nasty feeling it’s four years and if so it appears, given the apparent whip hand that the PFA hold over the clubs, that there's nothing to stop him milking us for the full amount for that period as SWP did with his £3 million a year for four years when he was virtually unselectable after the first couple.
Just note I stand corrected by Lassel and it’s only 3.5! Not much of a relief.
[Post edited 24 Jan 16:31]

Surely there must be some legal way of getting rid of someone who is essentially not showing up for work. Happens all the time in every other sector. How are players protected more than everyone else?
Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 16:54 - Jan 24 with 2477 viewsconnell10

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 14:29 - Jan 24 by PhilmyRs

Indeed, 'while the music played, we danced'. I was happy enough with it at the time but that's where strong leadership is required - not to be pressured into rash decisions because of an excited fanbase.

I've said it before this board listen far to much to our fan base.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 17:00 - Jan 24 with 2437 viewsHunterhoop

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 16:07 - Jan 24 by lassel

3.5 years, and he’s not around. He’s not training - you can’t even loan him out as he wouldn’t turn up…

I’ve never understood why in this situation the clubs couldn’t either do him for gross misconduct and sack him without a pay off. Or, if there are delicate health/bereavement matters, put him on leave and pay statutory.

Any ideas?

His contract can’t say he is entitled to be paid in full if he doesn’t report to training and fulfil his obligations as a football player.
Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 17:04 - Jan 24 with 2413 viewsBurnleyhoop

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 13:53 - Jan 24 by PhilmyRs

Agreed.

The failure to sell was indeed a factor that exacerbated the problems but signing two players on big wages (Austin and Johansen) with zero sell-on value, for a club like ours, that needs to develop talent, that was a big mistake. Had we signed at least 1 player with a view to fattening up and selling on in a year or two, we'd also have been better placed to tackle the financial mess. The Beale pre-season and the additional signings were the icing on the cake given there was no sell-on-options, all were loans, even Taylor Richards 'try but you must buy' deal. So no future sell-on assets.

You can make the case that not selling under Beale was a mistake, and had we, we could have recovered, but the decisions that preceded it were also key contributory factors to the mess and all lumped together is why we're in a relegation fight.

Out of all the Beale signings, JCS may be the only one to come out of the whole shemozzle with some credit. If he can stay fit and in form he could be worth a few bob going forward.

Big if though.
Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 17:23 - Jan 24 with 2295 viewsdaveB

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 17:00 - Jan 24 by Hunterhoop

I’ve never understood why in this situation the clubs couldn’t either do him for gross misconduct and sack him without a pay off. Or, if there are delicate health/bereavement matters, put him on leave and pay statutory.

Any ideas?

His contract can’t say he is entitled to be paid in full if he doesn’t report to training and fulfil his obligations as a football player.

If he's refusing to come to work then they can easily get rid of him. No idea if that is the case though lot of guess work involved with Richards. I doubt he'll be here beyond this season if he doesn't sort himself out
Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 17:33 - Jan 24 with 2236 viewsngbqpr

On Richards, didn't Nix report she saw him training yesterday?

I found the WLS article Clive referenced above, it was pre-Bournemouth and said:

"Taylor Richards, meanwhile, has not been part of the squad of late and will not be involved this weekend either."

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 17:54 - Jan 24 with 2150 viewsPhilmyRs

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 17:04 - Jan 24 by Burnleyhoop

Out of all the Beale signings, JCS may be the only one to come out of the whole shemozzle with some credit. If he can stay fit and in form he could be worth a few bob going forward.

Big if though.

Agreed. I think JCS is an excellent player and a good age. If he remains fit, that's 1 success story for Beale. Big IF though.
Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 18:02 - Jan 24 with 2078 viewsstainrods_elbow

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 13:02 - Jan 24 by JacksonQPR

I just cant get my head around why Lee Hoos leaving and new owners is suddenly the key to success. What are new owners going to do? they will still be hamstrung by the FFP that plagues us now, not like suddenly we can spend all the money in the world. These owners spend about a million a month to keep us afloat, who in the world is gonna buy this club that is bleeding money out of its arse. The only reason were in such a bad situation is becacuse they gave it all we had to try and push us over the promotion line with Austin and Johansen and such, which was so close to working. You compare these owners to some of the others in the footballing world and id be counting my lucky stars and hoping they keep writing those million pound cheques.

All plausible by way of counter-argument. However, as I've pointed out several times, most Champ clubs are bleeding money from their arses, some more so than ourselves, and, if we're not especially attractive as a going concern, I don't think we're much less desirable than our tablemates either. It's just a fact that our supposed policy of developing/selling on talent has fallen flat on its anus, and that's down to the abject failings of those staff tasked with implementing it, while our recruitment and contractual decision-making, whether we're talking of Travelman's absurd 5 year deal or our terminated slew of managers, has been mostly abject. Is it really controversial the extent to which we've been architects of our own downfall? If we drop this season, moreover, I fear there'll be plenty more shit to hit the fan yet.

That said, if the winds of change are hardly howling through the place, said wind seems to be changing direction ever so slightly. Stay up this season, retain Marti's services, and go again next with some kind of transfer kitty, ideally under fresh ownership, and I'd have cautious hope, however much a scourge fan hope is.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 18:04 - Jan 24 with 2070 viewsstainrods_elbow

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 16:07 - Jan 24 by lassel

Sauce? Is it documented he's not training? If so, he's presumably being fined two weeks' wages every two weeks. What a farce!

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 18:06 - Jan 24 with 2054 viewsstainrods_elbow

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 16:54 - Jan 24 by HanwellHoopster

Surely there must be some legal way of getting rid of someone who is essentially not showing up for work. Happens all the time in every other sector. How are players protected more than everyone else?

And this at a club that couldn't even stump up for a few letters on a stand to commemorate one of its true legends! I don't know whether it's more bewildering or more sickening. Let's say it's both!

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 18:30 - Jan 24 with 1963 viewsdmm

Taylor Richards was given a 3 contract. It expires summer 2026.
Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 18:45 - Jan 24 with 1866 viewsQPROslo

Eze to Man Utd? Palace asking £77 mill on 17:04 - Jan 24 by Burnleyhoop

Big if though.

Paal as well I'd say.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024