Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today's Scapegoat Thread 15:33 - Jan 28 with 5993 viewsBoston

I thought it was the Ref.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Today's Scapegoat Thread on 21:09 - Jan 28 with 1717 viewsWalnut

Not sure if I missed this mentioned earlier but the clown that flagged Austins goal offside v Sunderland in the cup was on the line today. Not sure if he was the useless one on the Stanley Bowles side or the useless one that missed the offside Huddersfield goal?
Today's Scapegoat Thread on 21:28 - Jan 28 with 1651 viewsDorse

We were rubbish. The ref was rubbisher.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Today's Scapegoat Thread on 22:03 - Jan 28 with 1585 viewsFredManRave

Today's Scapegoat Thread (n/t) on 18:47 - Jan 28 by BklynRanger

[Post edited 29 Jan 8:00]

You've only gone and done it!

As somebody else said earlier, both were true, shoite ref and shoite game of which we more than played our part.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Today's Scapegoat Thread on 22:14 - Jan 28 with 1553 viewsStanisgod

Today's Scapegoat Thread on 18:36 - Jan 28 by sevenhoop

Ridiculous to blame the ref for such an inept and lacklustre performance from us, from the first minute. Shocking

read the thread. No ones blaming the ref for our performance, just commenting on his.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Today's Scapegoat Thread on 09:43 - Jan 29 with 1288 viewsstowmarketrange

Today's Scapegoat Thread on 21:09 - Jan 28 by Walnut

Not sure if I missed this mentioned earlier but the clown that flagged Austins goal offside v Sunderland in the cup was on the line today. Not sure if he was the useless one on the Stanley Bowles side or the useless one that missed the offside Huddersfield goal?

I saw on FB that he was the one on the Sth Africa rd side,so he was the one who didn’t spot the offside.Isn’t it ironic?
Today's Scapegoat Thread on 09:44 - Jan 29 with 1286 viewsTheChef

A complete muscle mary bell end.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Today's Scapegoat Thread on 10:10 - Jan 29 with 1250 viewsM40R

The ref sure contributed to a dire match, setting the tome in the first 20 mins.
Showing my age, but those stocky sprints reminded me of the famous 70s ref who sprinted at 100 mph backwards as well as forwards.
https://ratetheref.createaforum.com/i-spy-old-refs!/roger-kirkpatrick-obituary/
Today's Scapegoat Thread on 10:22 - Jan 29 with 1225 viewsterryb

He didn't cost us two points & I'm far from sure that we deserved the one we got, but he was officious & pedantic from the first minute!

To add to that his decision making was poor/very poor & both sides benefitted (and suffered) from them.

I could list many, but his worst three IMO were:-

1) Not stopping the game after he had set Huddersfield up for a counter attack. The ball was going straight to a Rangers player, so he couldn't argue that his touch hadn't influenced the game.

2) The caution of Field. Not only that this wasn't a foul by either player, but if he has deeemed that there was, it should have been the Huddersfield player that was penalised. That would have been just as shocking a decision!

3) The goalkick instead of a corner when the defender brilliantly managed to clear the ball over the crossbar. It looked to me as if he made gestures that he couldn't seee who played the ball, but he had an assistant who had a perfect view & I thought he pointed for a corner.

The cautions of Drewe & Clarke-Salter were also very debatable, but I wouldn't blame him for missing the offside.

I'm sure Huddersfield fans could name just as many incidents that upset/annoyed them!
Login to get fewer ads

Today's Scapegoat Thread on 10:23 - Jan 29 with 1218 viewsstevec

Today's Scapegoat Thread on 10:10 - Jan 29 by M40R

The ref sure contributed to a dire match, setting the tome in the first 20 mins.
Showing my age, but those stocky sprints reminded me of the famous 70s ref who sprinted at 100 mph backwards as well as forwards.
https://ratetheref.createaforum.com/i-spy-old-refs!/roger-kirkpatrick-obituary/

Kirkpatrick. Didn’t mind him, he seemed to ref with a smile on his face, unlike that prick yesterday.
Today's Scapegoat Thread on 10:26 - Jan 29 with 1214 viewsterryb

Today's Scapegoat Thread on 10:23 - Jan 29 by stevec

Kirkpatrick. Didn’t mind him, he seemed to ref with a smile on his face, unlike that prick yesterday.

My favourite referee of all time Steve!

He was eccentric, but also bloody good. Everyone was pleased when they saw Roger was the official in charge.
Today's Scapegoat Thread on 10:28 - Jan 29 with 1208 viewsw7r

As soon as I saw the refs tidy barnet, tucked in shirt, and that sleeve tattoo I knew we had a wrong-un running the game.
Today's Scapegoat Thread on 10:50 - Jan 29 with 1170 viewsRangers67

Agree totally but I wouldn,t say he was a scapegoat. We didn,t deserve anything from the game in my opinion and he wasn,t to blame for the result but what really boils my piss is the time wasting by Huddersfield right from the start that went unpunished. He has to be one of the worst refs we have ever had down here and we have had some shockers.
Also why didn,t we change tactics when the high and very effective press by Huddersfield was causing us problems. Dykes for all his short comings should have been pushed further up alongside Armstrong and we should have gone a bit more long ball to relieve the pressure. I think Marti missed a trick there. All in all you have to wonder what these guys are doing in training during the week.
I can,t wait to see what marks Clive gives this clown of a ref and linesman but if it is anything more than 0 I will be shocked.
Today's Scapegoat Thread on 11:05 - Jan 29 with 1152 viewsfrancisbowles

The Steve Martin show.
Today's Scapegoat Thread on 12:12 - Jan 29 with 1081 viewsstowmarketrange

Today's Scapegoat Thread on 10:22 - Jan 29 by terryb

He didn't cost us two points & I'm far from sure that we deserved the one we got, but he was officious & pedantic from the first minute!

To add to that his decision making was poor/very poor & both sides benefitted (and suffered) from them.

I could list many, but his worst three IMO were:-

1) Not stopping the game after he had set Huddersfield up for a counter attack. The ball was going straight to a Rangers player, so he couldn't argue that his touch hadn't influenced the game.

2) The caution of Field. Not only that this wasn't a foul by either player, but if he has deeemed that there was, it should have been the Huddersfield player that was penalised. That would have been just as shocking a decision!

3) The goalkick instead of a corner when the defender brilliantly managed to clear the ball over the crossbar. It looked to me as if he made gestures that he couldn't seee who played the ball, but he had an assistant who had a perfect view & I thought he pointed for a corner.

The cautions of Drewe & Clarke-Salter were also very debatable, but I wouldn't blame him for missing the offside.

I'm sure Huddersfield fans could name just as many incidents that upset/annoyed them!

I’m just watching the game again and the yellow cards for Drewe and JCS are a joke.Drewe’s was no different to what their big defender did against Armstrong and he should’ve been given a 2nd yellow for it.
An absolute clown.
Today's Scapegoat Thread on 12:41 - Jan 29 with 1038 viewsconnell10

Today's Scapegoat Thread on 17:00 - Jan 28 by numptydumpty

Yes the ref but his runs back to the halfway line were swift and dainty.

I am probably not allowed to mention that but he could shift when he desired.

Shame he hadn't realised going in strong in a challenge is actually generally allowed within the rules of the game...

We drew thankfully

As you were

We move on

Yep definitely dainty mate

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Today's Scapegoat Thread on 12:48 - Jan 29 with 1025 viewsflynnbo

Today's Scapegoat Thread on 12:12 - Jan 29 by stowmarketrange

I’m just watching the game again and the yellow cards for Drewe and JCS are a joke.Drewe’s was no different to what their big defender did against Armstrong and he should’ve been given a 2nd yellow for it.
An absolute clown.

I think the most dangerous challenge was that high foot against Chair in the first half which didn't even warrant a talking to. Surprised he didn't book Chair for having the audacity to bring it to his attention.
Today's Scapegoat Thread on 09:55 - Jan 30 with 847 viewsCamberleyR

The bankrupt man's Rob Styles.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Today's Scapegoat Thread on 10:17 - Jan 30 with 797 viewsWatford_Ranger

Today's Scapegoat Thread on 12:12 - Jan 29 by stowmarketrange

An absolute clown.

The hallmarks of a weak ref. Happy to give cheap yellows for first time offences to assert some sort of authority but do the exact same thing again and no chance of a red.

Happy to let time-wasting go on for the first 92 minutes then show how tough you are on it when the game is nearly over.
Today's Scapegoat Thread on 10:57 - Jan 30 with 758 viewsTheChef

Today's Scapegoat Thread on 10:17 - Jan 30 by Watford_Ranger

The hallmarks of a weak ref. Happy to give cheap yellows for first time offences to assert some sort of authority but do the exact same thing again and no chance of a red.

Happy to let time-wasting go on for the first 92 minutes then show how tough you are on it when the game is nearly over.

Must have ticked all the boxes on his assessment report then.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Today's Scapegoat Thread on 15:16 - Jan 30 with 658 viewsstowmarketrange

Today's Scapegoat Thread on 10:57 - Jan 30 by TheChef

Must have ticked all the boxes on his assessment report then.

Apart from the one where you’re supposed to stop play if the ball hits you.Or does that not matter if the away side are attacking?
Today's Scapegoat Thread on 17:10 - Jan 30 with 590 viewsE17hoop

Today's Scapegoat Thread on 09:43 - Jan 29 by stowmarketrange

I saw on FB that he was the one on the Sth Africa rd side,so he was the one who didn’t spot the offside.Isn’t it ironic?

After that Sunderland cup game they kept him away from us for the rest of the season. He's run the line 4 or 5 times since they brought him back and we've never won when he's been on the line.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Today's Scapegoat Thread on 18:45 - Jan 30 with 537 viewsPblockrowB

I thought I was the lino
Today's Scapegoat Thread on 20:53 - Jan 30 with 482 viewsBoston

Today's Scapegoat Thread on 18:45 - Jan 30 by PblockrowB

I thought I was the lino

Is it because people walk all over you?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024