Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Manager 16:06 - Jan 28 with 14804 viewsPetros

I've been really supportive of most of his decisions, and like the way he does things. But what was that? Playing Willock, who clearly lacks the energy and intensity for a game of such magnitude, ahead of Smith? No high pressing, except once in the second half when their defender duly gave it straight to us? Sticking Willock and Chair on the wings with obvious orders not to roam, which is their (theoretical) strength? Eleven men back for every set piece when we have the fastest player on the pitch at centre forward? Was he playing for a draw? Mystifying, and very poor.
The Manager on 16:09 - Jan 28 with 6960 viewsLandshark

At least we saw why Willock looks so half arsed all the time. The one time he has to make a significant run and he pulls up injured. He always looks like he is playing well within himself, like he knows if he has to run he will get injured.
The Manager on 16:14 - Jan 28 with 6881 viewsNed_Kennedys

Keep saying it but Willock should not be starting any game in a relegation battle: need the effort and character of Smyth from the start.

If Dykes was not injured then replacing him with Dixon-Bonnar was weird.
The Manager on 16:15 - Jan 28 with 6875 viewsPetros

The Manager on 16:09 - Jan 28 by Landshark

At least we saw why Willock looks so half arsed all the time. The one time he has to make a significant run and he pulls up injured. He always looks like he is playing well within himself, like he knows if he has to run he will get injured.

That was strange. He clutched his hamstring, I think. But then a few seconds later he went on a plausible spring chasing a ball in front of him. Even the slightest pull on a hamstring and you do not go sprinting.
The Manager on 16:16 - Jan 28 with 6837 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Think Smyth for Willock is the only possible change, else its our strongest side...and therein lies the problem.

Think we need to give him time to assemble his own squad, rather than having to make do with the same players that have been garbage for two years. He's already started the clear-out, even if we don't have replacements yet!
The Manager on 16:16 - Jan 28 with 6799 viewsstainrods_elbow

Agree with the OP. His post-match interview I also found lacklustre, basically saying Huddersfield stopped us playing football by their physical approach (what, for 90 minutes!) and disrupting the game by fouls (even though they only committed one more than us). Spare us the bullshit, Marti! And apparently, according to him and Paal, we're supposed to be impressed by the fact that our trying to equalise for a few minutes speaks volumes for our 'character'. F*ck off, already! That was a draw that, for me, still feels like a defeat.

As I expect us to lose at Blackburn and Udders to beat Sheffield Wed at home next Saturday, the gap may be back to six points then anyway, and we'll be back to bridging what feels like a chasm.
[Post edited 28 Jan 16:35]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

The Manager on 16:19 - Jan 28 with 6735 viewsstainrods_elbow

The Manager on 16:14 - Jan 28 by Ned_Kennedys

Keep saying it but Willock should not be starting any game in a relegation battle: need the effort and character of Smyth from the start.

If Dykes was not injured then replacing him with Dixon-Bonnar was weird.

Sad to say, but he looks like he probably shouldn't be starting any game at this level. He looks shot.

The Manager on 16:31 - Jan 28 with 6669 viewsbosh67

The Manager on 16:15 - Jan 28 by Petros

That was strange. He clutched his hamstring, I think. But then a few seconds later he went on a plausible spring chasing a ball in front of him. Even the slightest pull on a hamstring and you do not go sprinting.

His hamstrings are shot. He struggles to play freely. I don't think he's half arsed. He just doesn't trust his body.

Apparently Dykes did get a knock so what else could do?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

The Manager on 16:31 - Jan 28 with 6671 viewstraininvain

I’d probably start Smyth against Blackburn but i can see why Cifuentes prefers Willock. He’s clearly not fully fit and can’t sprint but he has the quality needed to get goals in this division and we’re not spoilt for choice in that department.

Look at the first goal vs Millwall and I’d wager that Willock has scored/assisted more than anyone else in our squad since Cifuentes joined. Smyth also seems to perform better as an impact sub than a starter.
Login to get fewer ads

The Manager on 16:31 - Jan 28 with 6665 viewsThe_Beast1976

The Manager on 16:16 - Jan 28 by stainrods_elbow

Agree with the OP. His post-match interview I also found lacklustre, basically saying Huddersfield stopped us playing football by their physical approach (what, for 90 minutes!) and disrupting the game by fouls (even though they only committed one more than us). Spare us the bullshit, Marti! And apparently, according to him and Paal, we're supposed to be impressed by the fact that our trying to equalise for a few minutes speaks volumes for our 'character'. F*ck off, already! That was a draw that, for me, still feels like a defeat.

As I expect us to lose at Blackburn and Udders to beat Sheffield Wed at home next Saturday, the gap may be back to six points then anyway, and we'll be back to bridging what feels like a chasm.

There you go again. What a nauze
[Post edited 28 Jan 16:32]
The Manager on 16:34 - Jan 28 with 6585 viewsRangersw12

The Manager on 16:31 - Jan 28 by The_Beast1976

There you go again. What a nauze
[Post edited 28 Jan 16:32]

Couldn't put it better myself

I'm sure he's just trolling now
The Manager on 16:36 - Jan 28 with 6535 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The Manager on 16:31 - Jan 28 by traininvain

I’d probably start Smyth against Blackburn but i can see why Cifuentes prefers Willock. He’s clearly not fully fit and can’t sprint but he has the quality needed to get goals in this division and we’re not spoilt for choice in that department.

Look at the first goal vs Millwall and I’d wager that Willock has scored/assisted more than anyone else in our squad since Cifuentes joined. Smyth also seems to perform better as an impact sub than a starter.

I think that's fair.

It's certainly not a clear-cut decision.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The Manager on 16:38 - Jan 28 with 6464 viewsstainrods_elbow

The Manager on 16:34 - Jan 28 by Rangersw12

Couldn't put it better myself

I'm sure he's just trolling now

You dickheads manage to be both hilarious and embarrassing - complacent insults instead of worthwhile counter-arguments. Glad you've fallen asleep, as you're clearly anesthetised.

The Manager on 16:43 - Jan 28 with 6414 viewsQPsyR

The Manager on 16:38 - Jan 28 by stainrods_elbow

You dickheads manage to be both hilarious and embarrassing - complacent insults instead of worthwhile counter-arguments. Glad you've fallen asleep, as you're clearly anesthetised.

Nah don't think W12 is trolling you're just wromg

FKA AcidPixie

The Manager on 16:48 - Jan 28 with 6337 viewsThe_Beast1976

The Manager on 16:38 - Jan 28 by stainrods_elbow

Bore off

The Manager on 16:54 - Jan 28 with 6298 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Blah blah blah. It's not the manager, it's the players.
The Manager on 16:56 - Jan 28 with 6276 viewsBklynRanger

The Manager on 16:31 - Jan 28 by traininvain

I thought Willock was the only one putting his foot on the ball and trying to get a bit of creativity going in the first half. It only happened a couple of times anyway but was through him.

In the second half he and Field, and he and Drewe spent a while trying to sort out breakdowns and it wasn't going anywhere. The pull up for the stretch looked more lower leg, but it could have been a slightly softer ball anyway into the space.

Another major problem, apart from a complete arse hole of a ref and a legally blind linesman, was Begovich's kicking. Fcuk me straight he couldn't hit anything other than a Huddersfield head all afternoon.
The Manager on 17:07 - Jan 28 with 6173 viewsQPsyR

I'm not really good at writing how I feel but watching that.......this is how I feel

know what I mean?

FKA AcidPixie

The Manager on 17:09 - Jan 28 with 6146 viewsLongRanger

Of all our problems, this manager isn’t one of them, the stats don’t support it and neither do the eyes of anyone who has any understanding of what we’re watching.
The Manager on 17:17 - Jan 28 with 6057 viewsnumptydumpty

Who are you ????

Strange type of fan that revels in the doom and hates every other Rangers fans having an opinion.

But we all bow down to your mighty words.

You clearly are the anointed one !!!!!

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

The Manager on 17:24 - Jan 28 with 6003 viewsPikey

Is he a false prophet? Starting to look that way.essy for Huddersfield they looked like scoring from every corner and even from OUR goalkicks. Why do we persevere with this daft idea of the keeper passing it 5 yards to a player in trouble and turn over possession. At least if he puts it upfield and we lose it, its nit in our half.
Someone asked why Dykes went off, well until he did I never knew he was on.
Hecaont Joelintoln and he's Scottish not Brazilian.hopefully the new bloke is a signal that dykes is off to St mirrenn or patrick thistle.
The Manager on 17:39 - Jan 28 with 5885 viewsstainrods_elbow

The Manager on 17:17 - Jan 28 by numptydumpty

Who are you ????

Strange type of fan that revels in the doom and hates every other Rangers fans having an opinion.

But we all bow down to your mighty words.

You clearly are the anointed one !!!!!

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Who am I? Who are you? I'm a fan like you, who has opinions you may or may not share. It's embarrassing that it's YOU and one or two others that can't bear contrary views, which you're then vulgar and stupid enough to project onto ME. If you had just a soupcon of self-awareness, you'd see this and reel your neck in.

I was actually agreeing with an OP on another thread protesting the coaching team getting a free pass for the failings of the team, so I'm not alone in my critique. And even if I was, so what? Better that than just conforming mindlessly to a supposedly collective view promoted by aggressive groupthinkers. Personally, I prefer to play devil's advocate when I can, and then of course the brickbats follow - especially when you're facing people down with their lopsided thinking. Of course, for some, fandom on a football messageboard entails cultishness and conformity, rather than the hard art of being an individual and speaking as one.

Does that help a little with your weird, hostile and bizarre/passive aggressive hilarity? If so, have a lovely evening.
[Post edited 28 Jan 17:41]

The Manager on 17:42 - Jan 28 with 5865 viewsJamesB1979

We’re struggling, and we’ve actually got rid of 2 players from the squad. Huddersfield have signed 4 players. Hes not exactly in a fair fight!
The Manager on 17:49 - Jan 28 with 5805 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

So it begins.
The Manager on 17:51 - Jan 28 with 5778 viewsNorthantsHoop

I feel for Marti he is stuck with a load of under performers recruited by the previous managers in the last couple of years. I thought Huddersfield were the better team today came with a game plan to frustrate and worked out our weaknesses. We looked as usual nervy, disjointed and lacking the quality needed to get us out of the mess we are in. Still think we are one of the 3 worst teams in the division and the table does not lie. Still be supporting and hoping a miracle will happen but the games and points are starting to slip away.
The Manager on 17:52 - Jan 28 with 5759 viewsHunterhoop

The issue is not Cifuentes. Whilst I genuinely don’t think our football (when in possession) is much better than under Ainsworth, you can see what he’s trying and he’s a good ‘un in my view. But he’s not the messiah either!

The players are the issue and have been all along.

It is cut and dry for me. Smyth should start over Willock. In a relegation scrap you need players who want the ball and who want to go forward. We only stay up from here by scoring goals. Smyth keeps coming on with 10-20 left and improving us. Start him and give him a run of games.

Willock is protecting his body. He doesn’t want the ball and he doesn’t really want to sprint after it. He did not pull a muscle when he pulled up. If he had he would not have been able to run again, but he did, several times. He thought he might have, so he pulled up clutching his hamstring, but he hadn’t, so he played on. That is where he is at mentally. He is protecting his body. That’s understandable but you cannot start a player who is doing that. Bodies on the line and so forth.

Otherwise, we were poor. Huddersfield were better. We were lucky to get something.

But as Brian said, we live to fight another day.
[Post edited 28 Jan 18:21]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024