Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Manager 16:06 - Jan 28 with 15151 viewsPetros

I've been really supportive of most of his decisions, and like the way he does things. But what was that? Playing Willock, who clearly lacks the energy and intensity for a game of such magnitude, ahead of Smith? No high pressing, except once in the second half when their defender duly gave it straight to us? Sticking Willock and Chair on the wings with obvious orders not to roam, which is their (theoretical) strength? Eleven men back for every set piece when we have the fastest player on the pitch at centre forward? Was he playing for a draw? Mystifying, and very poor.
The Manager on 18:41 - Jan 29 with 1706 viewsQPR_Jim

The Manager on 17:02 - Jan 29 by Northernr

Willock looks physically shot to me. You saw it again yesterday when he sprinted and stretched for that one on the touchline - basically gone again immediately. His hamstrings are held together with chewing gum. fascinating to see what deal he gets where for next season and how he goes.

To be fair he did the whole "my hamstrings gone" act then the ball broke near him and he sprinted to get there first and then proceeded to take it from the halfway line to the edge of the box. Not really possible if you're hamstrings gone so must be a mental issue or just checked out.
The Manager on 18:56 - Jan 29 with 1624 viewsmart_Goblin

The Manager on 14:58 - Jan 29 by Northernr

We really need to stop trying to convince ourselves that we're only a different team selection, formation or substitution away from salvation. All this achieves is it slowly builds the narrative that the manager is at fault, and then the club get rid of the manager and nothing changes. The manager is not the problem here, in fact he's the best thing about us. We're just complete shte.

…and the truth will set you free!

Nail on head
The Manager on 19:22 - Jan 29 with 1510 viewsQPROslo

The Manager on 16:50 - Jan 29 by Northernr

Once again, you and I watch different games on a Saturday.
We've been playing exactly as we did in this game for months and years now, and Dozzell has been a part of that the whole way. A completely anonymous part, but a part all the same. Andre Dozzell isn't even the answer to who's the best Andre Dozzell.

We watch the same games, same players, you write about the games, same players, sometimes I agree with your opinion of how it went sometimes not. No problem, it would be boring if we all agreed all the time. But think back under Marti we normally have played 3 in central midfield and Dozzell normally was 1 of the 3 who started. My opinion we have invariably bossed the midfield in those games, kept possesion there and been able to feed the more forward players as I think Marti wanted us to do. Dozzell was gone for Millwall H, Marti went a 2, Colback played out of his skin held if together and we managed a win. Yesterday 2 again in midfield, Colback ok but not as good, we get totally overrun and outnumbered. Managed to scrape a lucky draw from a game we needed to win, but was perhaps our worse game under Marti. Looks to me the problem was we were missing Dozzell or at least a replacement for him. Think it was a big mistake to let Dozzell go out on loan especially to a possible relegation rival whose Manager apparently knows what Dozzell provides, but now we're well short and need to bring someone in pronto. Did you not see us repeatedly losing the ball as we tried to clear our lines to their press, giving away free kicks and corners or belting it away and losing it? Looks to me like we have to bring a decent central midfielder in before the deadline especially with Field and Colback likely suspended soon. Agree? If we don't it looks like the Club is cutting wages in a desperate effort to get below the FFP line and not Marti's fault at all.
The Manager on 19:44 - Jan 29 with 1433 viewsPunteR

The Manager on 19:22 - Jan 29 by QPROslo

We watch the same games, same players, you write about the games, same players, sometimes I agree with your opinion of how it went sometimes not. No problem, it would be boring if we all agreed all the time. But think back under Marti we normally have played 3 in central midfield and Dozzell normally was 1 of the 3 who started. My opinion we have invariably bossed the midfield in those games, kept possesion there and been able to feed the more forward players as I think Marti wanted us to do. Dozzell was gone for Millwall H, Marti went a 2, Colback played out of his skin held if together and we managed a win. Yesterday 2 again in midfield, Colback ok but not as good, we get totally overrun and outnumbered. Managed to scrape a lucky draw from a game we needed to win, but was perhaps our worse game under Marti. Looks to me the problem was we were missing Dozzell or at least a replacement for him. Think it was a big mistake to let Dozzell go out on loan especially to a possible relegation rival whose Manager apparently knows what Dozzell provides, but now we're well short and need to bring someone in pronto. Did you not see us repeatedly losing the ball as we tried to clear our lines to their press, giving away free kicks and corners or belting it away and losing it? Looks to me like we have to bring a decent central midfielder in before the deadline especially with Field and Colback likely suspended soon. Agree? If we don't it looks like the Club is cutting wages in a desperate effort to get below the FFP line and not Marti's fault at all.

Dozzell wanted to go didn't he. ? The club are trying to do business in this transfer window with very little budget. I think if we let him leave to make a bit of headroom for a striker, that is a proven goalscorer then it kinda makes sense. Dozzell has hardly justified his place in the team, just been making up the numbers really.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The Manager on 20:13 - Jan 29 with 1369 viewsQPunkR

"invariably bossed the midfield in those games" !!!!!! Now I know for sure we've all been watching different games!

QPR - "shit but local"

The Manager on 21:27 - Jan 29 with 1261 viewsLblock

I miss Dozzell like I miss a dose of crabs

I mean fcuk that.

It never occurred to me he wasn't out there on Sunday.
In fact, he probably had one of his best games for us...... thats just how totally anonymous a player he has been for us

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The Manager on 22:05 - Jan 29 with 1179 viewswombat

The Manager on 21:27 - Jan 29 by Lblock

I miss Dozzell like I miss a dose of crabs

I mean fcuk that.

It never occurred to me he wasn't out there on Sunday.
In fact, he probably had one of his best games for us...... thats just how totally anonymous a player he has been for us

Now dozzell has gone we have an ample replacement with willock to go MIA in most games.

Poll: which is your favouite foot

The Manager on 23:29 - Jan 29 with 1082 viewskensalriser

Dozzell's potential attributes make him an ideal player for Marti's style. The fact he let him go at the first opportunity says it all...

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

The Manager on 00:04 - Jan 30 with 1022 viewsnumptydumpty

The Manager on 23:29 - Jan 29 by kensalriser

Dozzell's potential attributes make him an ideal player for Marti's style. The fact he let him go at the first opportunity says it all...

I would have kept Amos in the hope he stayed fit - unlikely - instead of Dozzell.

The only thing we will remember about Dozzell this season is he will have scored the goal of the season....

Think sensible to lose Dozzell for a potential centre forward but in ideal world we need two other decent midfielders but FFP reigns...

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

The Manager on 02:21 - Jan 30 with 944 viewsNorthernr

Again, trying not to be rude, but where have these games been taking place where we have been bossing midfields? Because I haven't fcking been there.
The Manager on 04:26 - Jan 30 with 905 viewsQPROslo

The Manager on 02:21 - Jan 30 by Northernr

Again, trying not to be rude, but where have these games been taking place where we have been bossing midfields? Because I haven't fcking been there.

Yes "bossed" was too strong a word. I mean since Marti came in I don't remember us getting overrun in midfield like we were Sunday. Can't remember teams running through us like for example our next opponents did before Marti came in. Our improved defensive stats under Marti reflect this. Until Millwall H I think we have mostly played with 3 in midfield rather than the 2 the last 2 games. We have successfully played our way out through our midfield far better since Marti came in, but again not Sunday. Think we generally need 3 in the midfield, Field isn't great at accurate quick passing and Colback needs support there. And then these 2 aren't going to be able to play all our remaining games this season, like for Blackburn. We need to strengthen again there this week if we possibly can.
The Manager on 06:34 - Jan 30 with 840 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Are we really arguing about Andre Dozzell! We let him go and he went to Birmingham, two places above us. Says it all really.

This team is weak, mentally and physically. I'm amazed Marti has done as well as he has, as these players are just not good enough.
I can't wait until the end of the season just to get rid of most of them.
The Manager on 10:02 - Jan 30 with 735 viewsTheChef

The Manager on 04:26 - Jan 30 by QPROslo

Yes "bossed" was too strong a word. I mean since Marti came in I don't remember us getting overrun in midfield like we were Sunday. Can't remember teams running through us like for example our next opponents did before Marti came in. Our improved defensive stats under Marti reflect this. Until Millwall H I think we have mostly played with 3 in midfield rather than the 2 the last 2 games. We have successfully played our way out through our midfield far better since Marti came in, but again not Sunday. Think we generally need 3 in the midfield, Field isn't great at accurate quick passing and Colback needs support there. And then these 2 aren't going to be able to play all our remaining games this season, like for Blackburn. We need to strengthen again there this week if we possibly can.

But as mentioned before while we cry out for a decent striker, central midfield actually has been our biggest issue in terms of creativity and contributing goals. Going back to when Johansen was effective there, arguably even further back to the halcyon days of Scowongoman.

Hence I can see why there might be no harm in trying Chair in a more central role (and yes I know, Titanic, deckchairs, etc.). I mean just try swapping him with Dykes, for all the use he is currently.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

The Manager on 11:24 - Jan 30 with 679 viewsQPROslo

The Manager on 10:02 - Jan 30 by TheChef

But as mentioned before while we cry out for a decent striker, central midfield actually has been our biggest issue in terms of creativity and contributing goals. Going back to when Johansen was effective there, arguably even further back to the halcyon days of Scowongoman.

Hence I can see why there might be no harm in trying Chair in a more central role (and yes I know, Titanic, deckchairs, etc.). I mean just try swapping him with Dykes, for all the use he is currently.

I think Chair has been better used further forward but when needs must...I guess we may see that at Blackburn with a midfield 3 of Colback, EDB and Chair. Even if we brought in a new midfielder before the deadline chances are he wouldn't be ready to start Saturday.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024