Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer deadline day 21:50 - Jan 31 with 48351 viewsQPRConor2000

I recon we might get one or two in, but obviously it depends on whether we can offload players or not.

Ideally we get a winger and an attacking midfielder in, but obviously given our finances, Im not getting my hopes up too much.
Transfer deadline day on 16:05 - Feb 1 with 6062 viewsBklynRanger

I'm a big believer in the lottery.

Get 'im in!
Transfer deadline day on 16:11 - Feb 1 with 5943 viewshertshoops

Transfer deadline day on 15:16 - Feb 1 by CateLeBonR

He has basically reverted to the player we signed from Benfica. Injury prone and out of form.

Made me wonder what happened to Banfield after he buggered off with Beale to GR - apparently now assistant at Wealdstone
Transfer deadline day on 16:20 - Feb 1 with 5779 viewsFDC

A lot of low-follower twitter accounts confidently telling each other we've signed Isaac Hayden from Newcastle
Transfer deadline day on 16:22 - Feb 1 with 5731 viewsdmm

If we do sign Andersen, it might be as much for his ability to take free kicks and corners as anything else. We need someone to take over from Paal and Chair.
Transfer deadline day on 16:26 - Feb 1 with 5625 viewsTheChef

Transfer deadline day on 15:41 - Feb 1 by Loyalitat

Love it how Plymouth are always mentioned as one of the favourites outside of the bottom three to get relegated.

Yet they sit fifth highest for the amount of goals scored in the league, are 8 points clear of us, effectively 9 with a vastly superior goal difference, have two players comfortably on double figures in the league: Whittaker and Hardie. And although they have lost Azaz and Cundle, have replaced them with sensible/shrewd signings: Forshaw brings good experience. Devine is a good young midfielder from Spurs amongst others.

They aren't going down and all achieved whilst operating on the smallest budget in the league. Oh, and they're taking the FA Cup seriously too. The comments from their coach about the competition's importance and their wanting to go as far as possible, reflects well on them as a club.
[Post edited 1 Feb 15:53]

Would have been nice had we beat them at LR.

But not really the kind of thing we do lately.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Transfer deadline day on 16:28 - Feb 1 with 5534 viewsNorthernr

Transfer deadline day on 15:41 - Feb 1 by Loyalitat

Love it how Plymouth are always mentioned as one of the favourites outside of the bottom three to get relegated.

Yet they sit fifth highest for the amount of goals scored in the league, are 8 points clear of us, effectively 9 with a vastly superior goal difference, have two players comfortably on double figures in the league: Whittaker and Hardie. And although they have lost Azaz and Cundle, have replaced them with sensible/shrewd signings: Forshaw brings good experience. Devine is a good young midfielder from Spurs amongst others.

They aren't going down and all achieved whilst operating on the smallest budget in the league. Oh, and they're taking the FA Cup seriously too. The comments from their coach about the competition's importance and their wanting to go as far as possible, reflects well on them as a club.
[Post edited 1 Feb 15:53]

Plymouth have done exactly what I said they’d do in the season preview, right down to the position. As you say, unlike us, they score goals, so they’ll probably be fine for all their other problems.
Transfer deadline day on 16:50 - Feb 1 with 5173 viewsbenhurst

Looks like Isaac Hayden incoming, much-needed depth in midfield
Transfer deadline day on 16:51 - Feb 1 with 5163 viewsdaveB

good signing that if true, just hope we don't offer him a 3 year deal if he does well
Login to get fewer ads

Transfer deadline day on 16:58 - Feb 1 with 4973 viewsGloucs_R

Apparently all of our transfer business will be done by 9:00 p.m. tonight.

Because that's the time our new CEO has to go to bed...

🛌💤💤💤💤👦

Poll: Are we staying up?

Transfer deadline day on 17:04 - Feb 1 with 4840 viewslassel

To reiterate what I said in the Kelman thread:

“100% we are trying to get another 1 or 2 in on loan, but we cannot pay any sort of loan fee so inevitably we have to wait until the last knockings of the window to see where the chips fall.

Don’t be surprised if we get a very late left field incoming ala Hendricks a few years back. Most of the clubs in the PL are in FFP trouble and so will be a lot more amenable to getting their unregistered deadwood out for wages only than in a ‘normal’ window.”

Hayden makes sense, Newcastle needed him gone at whatever price. Would imagine at least 1 more before the window ‘slams shut’
Transfer deadline day on 17:05 - Feb 1 with 4790 viewsGloucs_R

Transfer deadline day on 17:04 - Feb 1 by lassel

To reiterate what I said in the Kelman thread:

“100% we are trying to get another 1 or 2 in on loan, but we cannot pay any sort of loan fee so inevitably we have to wait until the last knockings of the window to see where the chips fall.

Don’t be surprised if we get a very late left field incoming ala Hendricks a few years back. Most of the clubs in the PL are in FFP trouble and so will be a lot more amenable to getting their unregistered deadwood out for wages only than in a ‘normal’ window.”

Hayden makes sense, Newcastle needed him gone at whatever price. Would imagine at least 1 more before the window ‘slams shut’

Do you think there was a realistic chance that Chair will move on during this window?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Transfer deadline day on 17:06 - Feb 1 with 4759 viewstraininvain

Transfer deadline day on 16:50 - Feb 1 by benhurst

Looks like Isaac Hayden incoming, much-needed depth in midfield

Has to be an upgrade on Dozzell.
Transfer deadline day on 17:07 - Feb 1 with 4732 viewsaston_hoop

Didn't realise Hayden was only 28. Was sure he was another one way past the wrong side of 30. Good experience anyway and will be an upgrade on Dozzell, despite being a different type of player

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Transfer deadline day on 17:10 - Feb 1 with 4660 viewsnumptydumpty

It's very confusing that we are being linked with so many players when we in such a mess with FFP.

Sure we know what we are doing but if so could we be risking a points deduction next season a la forest to stay in this league.

If that was the case and we still went down we would be in the doo doo for many years to come.

I have to think if we are doing this, we signing contracts that the finances are delayed to next season so we can get a few more in.

I said I would be shocked if we get anyone else but so many rumours guess you never know.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Transfer deadline day on 17:11 - Feb 1 with 4645 viewsDavieQPR

I will be so much happier once Sky release the timetable for clubs to announce transfers.
Transfer deadline day on 17:15 - Feb 1 with 4545 viewsQPRConor2000

Transfer deadline day on 17:10 - Feb 1 by numptydumpty

It's very confusing that we are being linked with so many players when we in such a mess with FFP.

Sure we know what we are doing but if so could we be risking a points deduction next season a la forest to stay in this league.

If that was the case and we still went down we would be in the doo doo for many years to come.

I have to think if we are doing this, we signing contracts that the finances are delayed to next season so we can get a few more in.

I said I would be shocked if we get anyone else but so many rumours guess you never know.

I suspect we have funds now Duke-McKenna, Kelman and Dozzell have all been loaned up, I think their wages are being covered in full, so that must have freed up some money.
Transfer deadline day on 17:17 - Feb 1 with 4475 viewsbenhurst

My read on our transfer business is that we were right up against the FFP line, but shifting Dozzell's wages (he was one of our bigger earners) as well as Kelman and Duke-Mckenna has brought us slightly further in line, meaning we can bring in some low-wage loans without going back over. The usual suspects on Twitter who were saying we'd be bringing Hayden in earlier are all saying there's more to be done, which would surprise me without any more outgoings.
[Post edited 1 Feb 17:20]
Transfer deadline day on 17:31 - Feb 1 with 4135 viewslassel

Transfer deadline day on 17:05 - Feb 1 by Gloucs_R

Do you think there was a realistic chance that Chair will move on during this window?

I’d be surprised as I don’t think anyone would actually stump up with a deal that would be worthwhile to do.

I suspect another high earner has to go though to allow another incoming which is why I suspect Willock might go early, but it’s equally possible with clubs in the PL getting desperate we can do another left field one reasonably ‘cheaply’ from there.

The guy from AAB will presumably need a high earner to go though as I’m assuming it’s a fee + wages.
Transfer deadline day on 17:36 - Feb 1 with 4012 viewsLoyalitat

Transfer deadline day on 14:30 - Feb 1 by enfieldargh

Macaully Bonne leaves a succesfull priod of non scoring for Gilingham to sign for Cambridge.

Maybe he will learn the offside law

Low bar I know, but I'd wager that he scores more goals than Kelman in division one.
Transfer deadline day on 17:37 - Feb 1 with 3978 viewscolinallcars

Pretty tense here in Chateau Despair awaiting transfer news so I've started on the sauce early and relaxing listening to some records by that great 50s sax player Sonny Intervals.
Transfer deadline day on 17:58 - Feb 1 with 3558 viewsMatch82

"linked with" doesn't really mean interested in though, just means some muppet desperate for attention that has 5 spare minutes and a Twitter account has thrown some shit at a wall. In actually think it's been pretty quiet compared to other clubs (which to your point, makes sense)
Transfer deadline day on 18:29 - Feb 1 with 3042 viewsHayesender

Sam Field to Luton rumour

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Transfer deadline day on 18:30 - Feb 1 with 3021 viewsBklynRanger

Everybody gone for their dinner?

This Isaac Hayden stuff is 'blowing up' my unreadable newsnow links
Transfer deadline day on 18:38 - Feb 1 with 2839 viewsRangersw12

Transfer deadline day on 18:29 - Feb 1 by Hayesender

Sam Field to Luton rumour

Nailed on
Transfer deadline day on 18:40 - Feb 1 with 2757 viewsconnell10

Transfer deadline day on 18:38 - Feb 1 by Rangersw12

Nailed on

BOOOOOOMMM.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024