Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our new CEO has been busy...... 23:15 - Feb 1 with 14242 viewsw7r

Okay, I have to admit I was somewhat sceptical about his appointment. However, in the short time he's been here he's managed to shift a few out and against all expectations has brought a couple of decent looking ones in, so fair play to him.

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 09:55 - Feb 2 with 3003 views89_50

Sounds like the Frey deal was done in part using the Transfer Room platform, which is essentially a meat market for clubs/agents to drum up interest in players.

I've noticed it becoming more and more popular with clubs at our level, here and abroad.
Our new CEO has been busy...... on 10:04 - Feb 2 with 2956 viewsTW_R

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 04:27 - Feb 2 by Northernr

I would say this thread has the potential to be filed with the "get us at 500/1 for the play-offs while you still can" one from December but...

They've basically been pitching around for loans where we make minimal/zero contribution. You get these very late in the window if you get them at all. Wolves need Hodge to play games after his injury, they're not bothered about a wage contribution from us. Hayden is nowhere near the squad at Newcastle and with window running out and no other offers they may as well just let him come here - exactly the same thing happened with Hendrick, who we got for free.

This!

I think there is a bit of over-excitement around some of these signings. Hodge has barely played a game at a decent level for 4 years and we all no how injuries can effect player confidence. Hayden hasn't played more than 15 games in a season since 20/21, Frey looks decent and had a good season and a quarter with Antwerp, but will be interesting to see how we actually get him opportunities to score.
Our new CEO has been busy...... on 10:05 - Feb 2 with 2947 viewsSmokey

The glass half empty viewpoint on this window I'll never understand.

JohnHoop referring to the challenge of achieving 3 points more than Huddersfield over the next 17 games as "a small miracle"

While BAW goes with "journeyman" striker not his goals or experience and refers to a mystery “unfit centre mid"

Hayden has been playing regularly until end of December for Standard Liege so he's not at all unfit

And Hodge, I would assume has been playing regularly in Wolves U21's

Andersen now a free agent will be awaiting work permit but he's got caps for Denmark so it will just be a matter of time.

Frey does seem to be our only Moneyball type signing but I'm here for it. A good window. Now Marti has got something to work with

Stay up and it could be a huge season for us as our budget will be significantly higher than it is this year. And the Championship next year will be the weakest it's been possibly ever
Our new CEO has been busy...... on 11:05 - Feb 2 with 2802 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I didn't expect us to sign anyone so I'm pleased.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 11:11 - Feb 2 with 2759 viewsStrawberryHillR

Hats off to the new CEO for a triffic window, but I would have thought that any dealings with Newcastle are still aided and abetted by Amit, whose mate Jamie Reuben is a co-owner up there and still followed by Jude The Cat on Twitter...

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 11:14 - Feb 2 with 2740 viewslondonscottish

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 09:36 - Feb 2 by BAWHoops

We've signed a Swiss journeyman striker, an unfit central midfielder, a child and possibly an aging Danish winger.
No idea how any of them will turn out. On paper Jamal Lowe was a great signing and Chris Martin was shit, it was the latter who ended up doing more last season.

We may have just moved some pieces out to get some worse pieces in. Impossible to tell.

Lblock, is that you?

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 11:33 - Feb 2 with 2600 viewsBklynRanger

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 09:44 - Feb 2 by BrianMcCarthy

Same as that.

We know very little about these players' abilities and even less about their character.

Wish them all well and look forward to seeing them play, of course.

The others I'd agree Bri, but Hayden is more of a known quantity - plenty of appearances in recent years.

And not to disagree with Big Clive, but didn't he say in the interview that it had been in the pipeline for 'a few weeks' or words to that effect? I said elsewhere, I hope we can afford this, but that anxiety aside think they've far exceeded expectations getting him in.
Our new CEO has been busy...... on 11:55 - Feb 2 with 2488 viewsstantheman10

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 10:05 - Feb 2 by Smokey

The glass half empty viewpoint on this window I'll never understand.

JohnHoop referring to the challenge of achieving 3 points more than Huddersfield over the next 17 games as "a small miracle"

While BAW goes with "journeyman" striker not his goals or experience and refers to a mystery “unfit centre mid"

Hayden has been playing regularly until end of December for Standard Liege so he's not at all unfit

And Hodge, I would assume has been playing regularly in Wolves U21's

Andersen now a free agent will be awaiting work permit but he's got caps for Denmark so it will just be a matter of time.

Frey does seem to be our only Moneyball type signing but I'm here for it. A good window. Now Marti has got something to work with

Stay up and it could be a huge season for us as our budget will be significantly higher than it is this year. And the Championship next year will be the weakest it's been possibly ever

Hodge was a named substitute for Wolves last night against Manure so must be fairly fit!
Login to get fewer ads

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 12:02 - Feb 2 with 2442 viewsPhilmyRs

You can understand why people have got a bit excited. We have Sam field suspended for 2 games, Collback not far off a suspension, Cannon injured, Willock's body packing up and Cook never far away from an injury. We desperately needed bodies and we've now got some.

We have a decent centre mid at this level that comes across as a decent pro. Gives us the option to drop Field further back if injuries impact us at centre back, or he can can cover at right back. The Wolves kid looks fairly creative and was the type of player we were crying out for the other day when nobody dared to put a foot on ball and show some bravery. Willock's body is badly letting him down and if Chair isn't on it, we needed options, which we may well have now.

I don't know enough about the strikers to comment but was certainly an area of the team that needed reinforcements. Given the business completed, I think we're in a much stronger position to try and stay in this division than we were and that's primarily because we now have options which we didn't have before. Fingers crossed they have that bit of quality needed too.
Our new CEO has been busy...... on 12:35 - Feb 2 with 2329 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 11:33 - Feb 2 by BklynRanger

The others I'd agree Bri, but Hayden is more of a known quantity - plenty of appearances in recent years.

And not to disagree with Big Clive, but didn't he say in the interview that it had been in the pipeline for 'a few weeks' or words to that effect? I said elsewhere, I hope we can afford this, but that anxiety aside think they've far exceeded expectations getting him in.

Fair post, Bklyn.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 12:51 - Feb 2 with 2258 viewsdannyblue

We've swapped things around. Just the change is good for this squad. But I'd also say:
Frey looks an upgrade to Kelman
Hayden looks an upgrade to Dozell
Hodge looks an upgrade to SDM
Our new CEO has been busy...... on 13:01 - Feb 2 with 2206 viewsspencer

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 04:27 - Feb 2 by Northernr

I would say this thread has the potential to be filed with the "get us at 500/1 for the play-offs while you still can" one from December but...

They've basically been pitching around for loans where we make minimal/zero contribution. You get these very late in the window if you get them at all. Wolves need Hodge to play games after his injury, they're not bothered about a wage contribution from us. Hayden is nowhere near the squad at Newcastle and with window running out and no other offers they may as well just let him come here - exactly the same thing happened with Hendrick, who we got for free.

This is your problem . Too F.. sensible !!!

Hodge has just re signed , or lengthened his contract and needs time on the pitch.
Hayden injury problems , not wanted by Howe
Frey - No idea about him at all

As opposed to
Kiefer Moore to Ipswich ( Striker )
Im guessing these will not be costing us that much , due to nature of loans as outlined by NorthernR.

I think all three so far , could be a gamble , but looking at this 1 month ago , we were expecting nothing - and have only lost Dozzell.

I listened to Hayden's interview and he is under no Illussion's as to the dire situation we are in.
Hodge , i have never heard of before but also , wants to prove himself( lets hope he is not like that guy we had from Leeds a few years back ...

It gives the fans a lift , showing some form of hope ... so thats a good thing . I think ?
Our new CEO has been busy...... on 13:52 - Feb 2 with 2061 viewsNorthernr

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 07:00 - Feb 2 by londonscottish

I seem to remember Hendrick came with a clause obliging us to play him whether he was actually the best choice or not.

Wonder if that will be the case with Hayden and Hodges?

No Hendrick came with no catches and completely for free. Basically it got to 22.50 on deadline and Amit's mate Jamie Reuben was on the board at Newcastle and offered him up to us so we did it. It was Warbs who fell in love and played him every fcking minute of every game on his own.

You might be thinking of Deon Sanderson who we signed at the same time and had to pay a greater percentage of his wages if he didn't play than if he did.
Our new CEO has been busy...... on 14:07 - Feb 2 with 1965 viewsNorthernr

There were deals lined up for Kakay, Richards and Willock as well which would have cleared north of 30k a week in wages and they had other signings lined up for that. Willock, as usual, dad wanted more money than was being offered. Kakay turned it down, loan outside of London. Richards 'injured' so couldn't pass a medical haha.
Our new CEO has been busy...... on 14:22 - Feb 2 with 1847 viewsdaveB

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 14:07 - Feb 2 by Northernr

There were deals lined up for Kakay, Richards and Willock as well which would have cleared north of 30k a week in wages and they had other signings lined up for that. Willock, as usual, dad wanted more money than was being offered. Kakay turned it down, loan outside of London. Richards 'injured' so couldn't pass a medical haha.

I'd expect all 3 of them will go this summer.
Kakay staying not a bad thing as cover for Cannon
Our new CEO has been busy...... on 14:23 - Feb 2 with 1842 viewsdannyblue

Thanks! You’re getting and sharing some scoops now.

Can’t imagine who would’ve taken Richards.
[Post edited 2 Feb 14:25]
Our new CEO has been busy...... on 14:33 - Feb 2 with 1786 viewsPaddyhoops

I wonder what Richards would look like on a data base?
Our new CEO has been busy...... on 14:38 - Feb 2 with 1741 viewsvanrrrr

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 14:23 - Feb 2 by dannyblue

Thanks! You’re getting and sharing some scoops now.

Can’t imagine who would’ve taken Richards.
[Post edited 2 Feb 14:25]

I’m guessing Brum…..getting the band back together
Our new CEO has been busy...... on 14:39 - Feb 2 with 1731 viewsBklynRanger

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 14:33 - Feb 2 by Paddyhoops

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 14:45 - Feb 2 with 1671 viewsvanrrrr

I’m stuck on the 30k a week!

I can’t imagine Ozzie on more than 5k. So likely we are blowing 10-15k a week on Richards….crikey.
Our new CEO has been busy...... on 14:47 - Feb 2 with 1666 viewsNorthernr

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 14:33 - Feb 2 by Paddyhoops

Fat.
Our new CEO has been busy...... on 15:01 - Feb 2 with 1577 viewsDeanoMD

I wonder what Willocks Dad will say when he's without a club next year and earning no money....

Kakay too, can see him being released, what a wasted opportunity for him to try and get something for next season.

Richards, was last seen up by Westfield smoking weed and making a Drill video for Tik the Tok.......
Our new CEO has been busy...... on 15:05 - Feb 2 with 1566 viewsDeanoMD

They've had a go at making changes, clearly they know they need to do a lot more which I think shows some promise.

If it works then brilliant but if it doesn't then hey ho at least they tried, I've been resigned to us going down for most of the season so makes little difference to me.

This short window appears on paper at least to be an improvement on what went on during the summer.....sigh.
Our new CEO has been busy...... on 15:09 - Feb 2 with 1519 viewsdaveB

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 15:01 - Feb 2 by DeanoMD

I wonder what Willocks Dad will say when he's without a club next year and earning no money....

Kakay too, can see him being released, what a wasted opportunity for him to try and get something for next season.

Richards, was last seen up by Westfield smoking weed and making a Drill video for Tik the Tok.......

I'm fascinated to see where Willock ends up because unless he does something remarkable in the next 3 months I don't see him going into anyone's first team in the Championship, will be a squad player at a playoff team at best
Our new CEO has been busy...... on 15:14 - Feb 2 with 1466 viewsPhilmyRs

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 15:09 - Feb 2 by daveB

I'm fascinated to see where Willock ends up because unless he does something remarkable in the next 3 months I don't see him going into anyone's first team in the Championship, will be a squad player at a playoff team at best

I thought someone on here said he'd already signed for someone but going on these stories it seems not. If he hasn't signed any pre-contract, I agree with you, fascinating where he ends up as he's declining at an impressive rate, even by our standards. Any previously held notion that he's one of the best in the Championship is now known to be entirely false so think he's going to struggle to find a decent club.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024