Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our new CEO has been busy...... 23:15 - Feb 1 with 14257 viewsw7r

Okay, I have to admit I was somewhat sceptical about his appointment. However, in the short time he's been here he's managed to shift a few out and against all expectations has brought a couple of decent looking ones in, so fair play to him.

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 18:10 - Feb 2 with 2246 viewsbaz_qpr

I can understand from Kakay's point of view why family might be an issue short term, but he has real major problem. When you look at his stats for the last few years, he makes worse team of the year in successive years on the likes of Whoscored. Given football is such a data led thing these days it would have made sense to drop down just to bump his stats up for future contracts, given it would only be for a few months
Our new CEO has been busy...... on 18:12 - Feb 2 with 2223 viewsDeanoMD

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 18:03 - Feb 2 by Rangersw12

Didn't see the spat but he's now deleted his twitter

Has he? Lmao.....hilarious.....
Our new CEO has been busy...... on 18:17 - Feb 2 with 2166 views100percent

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 12:51 - Feb 2 by dannyblue

We've swapped things around. Just the change is good for this squad. But I'd also say:
Frey looks an upgrade to Kelman
Hayden looks an upgrade to Dozell
Hodge looks an upgrade to SDM

This is exactly how I see it.
Also, it will give us an insight into Marti's ability to manage with more talent across the squad.
It gives him options - and we will need that coming into the business end of the season.
If Anderson comes too - that's going to be the another option when Willock or Smyth tires in games.
At least we have a fighting chance - and Hayden looks like a leader to me - I don't think he will suffer fools gladly....
Our new CEO has been busy...... on 19:34 - Feb 2 with 1973 viewsFredManRave

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 17:11 - Feb 2 by paulparker

What lunatic club wanted Richards

The Devlopment Squad wanted him.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 19:40 - Feb 2 with 1932 viewslassel

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 18:10 - Feb 2 by baz_qpr

I can understand from Kakay's point of view why family might be an issue short term, but he has real major problem. When you look at his stats for the last few years, he makes worse team of the year in successive years on the likes of Whoscored. Given football is such a data led thing these days it would have made sense to drop down just to bump his stats up for future contracts, given it would only be for a few months

As North has repeatedly said, some of these players are going to get a big shock when they leave QPR and realise people watch games and listen to the grapevine.

I’d honestly be amazed if Kakay ends up anywhere other than a Bromley or Dagenham.
Our new CEO has been busy...... on 20:18 - Feb 2 with 1742 viewsderbyhoop

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 14:23 - Feb 2 by dannyblue

Thanks! You’re getting and sharing some scoops now.

Can’t imagine who would’ve taken Richards.
[Post edited 2 Feb 14:25]

Can't imagine who would give Willock a better deal than us ATM. Nobody who's seen him play this season.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 22:10 - Feb 2 with 1519 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 17:24 - Feb 2 by lassel

You’re 100% right that there is more complexity to a person with a life - albeit a well funded life - having to make a decision that’s right for their family,.

The reality though is that Marti has told Kakay he isn’t in his plans and he won’t be extended, and Kakay deciding not to leave has cost us the chance to bring in another new face.

He is fully within his rights to stay and see out his contract, but pretty much any other player in this squad, and plenty before him who have since left, would get destroyed for making the same decision.

And it would be wrong to destroy him based on rumour and based on no knowledge of his personal circumstances.

We've been here before with players where we've lambasted them based on stuff we knew for a fact to be true - Sinton's transfer, for example - only to find out later that the situation was far more complicated than we'd been told.

We've also been lied to by managers before - Beale and Redknapp, for example.

And we've certainly been lied to by club employees - far, far too many to mention.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 22:29 - Feb 2 with 1471 viewswombat

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 17:13 - Feb 2 by tkqpr

I think it was Hull and Middlesbrough who wanted Willock wasn't It?

I’d been told it was hull and 500k for willock . Amazed anyone would touch Richards with a ten foot barge pole

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Login to get fewer ads

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 22:41 - Feb 2 with 1401 viewsHunterhoop

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 17:24 - Feb 2 by lassel

You’re 100% right that there is more complexity to a person with a life - albeit a well funded life - having to make a decision that’s right for their family,.

The reality though is that Marti has told Kakay he isn’t in his plans and he won’t be extended, and Kakay deciding not to leave has cost us the chance to bring in another new face.

He is fully within his rights to stay and see out his contract, but pretty much any other player in this squad, and plenty before him who have since left, would get destroyed for making the same decision.

Let’s see how the season pans out. You (and Cifuentes) may not rate Kakay, but if you or he think Drewe is a better back up than Kakay, you’re mad. Kakay will have a much better career at a higher level than Drewe. It might be League 1/2 vs Conference South, but in our fight this year, with both under contract, why not include the better, more experienced one in your squads?

Cifuentes is great but not everything he does is “correct”. He will make mistakes.
Our new CEO has been busy...... on 22:44 - Feb 2 with 1389 viewskensalriser

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 16:31 - Feb 2 by TheChef

Is that what he told you?

What's the path by which Marti leaves at the end of the season?

The most common exit route for a manager is the sack, and he's not getting sacked unless we literally don't win another game and finish bottom.

Resignation? Unlikely, most managers wait for the sack and payoff.

Poached. If we go down, unlikely. If we stay up, maybe, but he's just as likely to want to continue the work he's started because staying up would already be an achievement to build on.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 22:49 - Feb 2 with 1370 viewsLblock

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 09:36 - Feb 2 by BAWHoops

We've signed a Swiss journeyman striker, an unfit central midfielder, a child and possibly an aging Danish winger.
No idea how any of them will turn out. On paper Jamal Lowe was a great signing and Chris Martin was shit, it was the latter who ended up doing more last season.

We may have just moved some pieces out to get some worse pieces in. Impossible to tell.

I think I love you

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 22:56 - Feb 2 with 1332 viewsLblock

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 14:07 - Feb 2 by Northernr

There were deals lined up for Kakay, Richards and Willock as well which would have cleared north of 30k a week in wages and they had other signings lined up for that. Willock, as usual, dad wanted more money than was being offered. Kakay turned it down, loan outside of London. Richards 'injured' so couldn't pass a medical haha.

The Willock one is a bit galling

He’ll be another sucking a wage for no return or self respect now
Does anyone really see him giving 100% if selected between now and the end of the season? I certainly don’t with his attitude.
I’d of taken a batch of Green Shield stamps and a French naked lady biro that doesn’t write as a fee for him; £500k from Hull would’ve been lovely. Cannot believe I’m thinking that about a player 2 years ago you’d say £8mill to £10mill was about right for.

Richard’s done to death. The club simply HAS to treat him as badly as they can within his Contract and wait for him to push the unacceptable behaviour clause beyond reasonable doubt

Ozzie appears to have finally been sussed
Oh well

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 23:05 - Feb 2 with 1289 viewsBklynRanger

We may not see Willock much again, between his leg and this.

His dad may need to recalibrate.
Our new CEO has been busy...... on 23:09 - Feb 2 with 1275 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 22:41 - Feb 2 by Hunterhoop

Let’s see how the season pans out. You (and Cifuentes) may not rate Kakay, but if you or he think Drewe is a better back up than Kakay, you’re mad. Kakay will have a much better career at a higher level than Drewe. It might be League 1/2 vs Conference South, but in our fight this year, with both under contract, why not include the better, more experienced one in your squads?

Cifuentes is great but not everything he does is “correct”. He will make mistakes.

Chatting earlier to one of my oldest Rangers mates we couldn't figure out the Kakay thing either.

He's clearly better than Drewe to our eyes (Doctors differ, of course) but also his inclusion in the squad gives us far more variety at CB, FB, WB whereas Drewe really just covers FB.

He has far more experience.

Both are hard-working and committed.

Both seem to be good professionals. Neither seems to have an edge there.

Kakay has more familiarity on the pitch with our other players.

And so on..

Maybe Cifuentes thinks Drewe is the more technical player.
Maybe it's another tactical reason.
Maybe it's chemistry.
Maybe Kakay has family/personal challenges at the moment

We don't know, can't know and may never know for sure.

But in the end of our chat we came to the same conclusion as you: We both rate Cifuentes but we won't understand or agree with every decision he makes. It's hard to when he's on the inside and we're on the outside, and even if we were on the inside everyone views the game differently.

Assemble a bar-table full of the closest friends ever and ask them to pick a team.
And stand back! :)

Edit: the inevitable spell-check!
[Post edited 2 Feb 23:11]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 00:29 - Feb 3 with 1180 viewskensalriser

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 23:09 - Feb 2 by BrianMcCarthy

Chatting earlier to one of my oldest Rangers mates we couldn't figure out the Kakay thing either.

He's clearly better than Drewe to our eyes (Doctors differ, of course) but also his inclusion in the squad gives us far more variety at CB, FB, WB whereas Drewe really just covers FB.

He has far more experience.

Both are hard-working and committed.

Both seem to be good professionals. Neither seems to have an edge there.

Kakay has more familiarity on the pitch with our other players.

And so on..

Maybe Cifuentes thinks Drewe is the more technical player.
Maybe it's another tactical reason.
Maybe it's chemistry.
Maybe Kakay has family/personal challenges at the moment

We don't know, can't know and may never know for sure.

But in the end of our chat we came to the same conclusion as you: We both rate Cifuentes but we won't understand or agree with every decision he makes. It's hard to when he's on the inside and we're on the outside, and even if we were on the inside everyone views the game differently.

Assemble a bar-table full of the closest friends ever and ask them to pick a team.
And stand back! :)

Edit: the inevitable spell-check!
[Post edited 2 Feb 23:11]

It may be as simple as a certain number of players need to be moved on and he's the other side of the line.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 01:18 - Feb 3 with 1128 viewsSydneyRs

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 22:56 - Feb 2 by Lblock

The Willock one is a bit galling

He’ll be another sucking a wage for no return or self respect now
Does anyone really see him giving 100% if selected between now and the end of the season? I certainly don’t with his attitude.
I’d of taken a batch of Green Shield stamps and a French naked lady biro that doesn’t write as a fee for him; £500k from Hull would’ve been lovely. Cannot believe I’m thinking that about a player 2 years ago you’d say £8mill to £10mill was about right for.

Richard’s done to death. The club simply HAS to treat him as badly as they can within his Contract and wait for him to push the unacceptable behaviour clause beyond reasonable doubt

Ozzie appears to have finally been sussed
Oh well

I assume Willock's dad missed the last 18 months, the injuries, physical fragility etc? Utterly deluded in their demands given the current status of his career.
Our new CEO has been busy...... on 01:22 - Feb 3 with 1125 viewsSydneyRs

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 17:11 - Feb 2 by paulparker

What lunatic club wanted Richards

Probably Birmingham
Our new CEO has been busy...... on 07:47 - Feb 3 with 980 viewslassel

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 22:41 - Feb 2 by Hunterhoop

I mean let’s be honest here HH, Marti doesn’t want to rely on either of them. Cannon has been playing with an injection essentially since he got here because the risk of him opening up his groin and being out long term is lower than the risk of having Kakay or Drewe on the pitch. I’d be very surprised if Drewe gets an extension either this summer.

And for what it’s worth, although I don’t know any names, I’m pretty sure that had Kakay agreed to go, we would’ve gotten a RB in on loan so it wouldn’t have been an either/or decision.
Our new CEO has been busy...... on 08:45 - Feb 3 with 856 viewsHammersmithR

Which mad club wanted Richards on loan?

I know someone who is well connected in football. He told me a few months ago that the Willocks are looked after by their Dad and he’s a nightmare to deal with as he has a very inflated opinion of his boys. Chris Willock when he leaves in the summer will never play at the same level as he did a couple of years back. His best years are behind him now. It will all be about the money.
Our new CEO has been busy...... on 10:31 - Feb 3 with 712 viewsw7r

Our new CEO has been busy...... on 14:33 - Feb 2 by Paddyhoops

I wonder what Richards would look like on a data base?

“Record not found”
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024