Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
March fixtures 23:57 - Feb 17 with 2317 viewscolinallcars

Pretty daunting huh ?
As if the Rotherham game wasn't important enough.
The Bard said March comes in like a lion and out like a lamb.
Guess we'll find out soon enough.
March fixtures on 05:03 - Feb 18 with 2057 viewsPlanetHonneywood

One small step for Spaceman, one giant leap for our kind!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

March fixtures on 06:19 - Feb 18 with 1997 viewsGloucs_R

Millwall and Weds both hard tough games too

Poll: Are we staying up?

March fixtures on 08:51 - Feb 18 with 1792 viewsstevec

We’ll do well to get two points out of the first four games in March.

Rotherham is massive.
March fixtures on 08:59 - Feb 18 with 1756 viewswortonr

Sorry guys but this is unnecessarily negative. Surely the last two games have shown that it’s all about how each team sets up and executes the plan in this league? So every game presents an equal chance! Everything went brilliantly yesterday, great selection, strategy, resilience, attitude. Surely best performance of the season? But then there was Stoke. Totally wrong to expect any game to be harder or easier than any other IMO.
March fixtures on 09:11 - Feb 18 with 1677 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Three home games though - Boro and West Brom are beatable, while we all know about Birmingham. Genuinely confident about Saturday - Rotherham clearly the poorest side in the division and if we can't beat them, we deserve to go down. That should get us out of the relegation zone, which will breed confidence. It's a shame we flunked the Stoke match as that was an easy three points wrapped up in a bow but yesterday's result sets us up nicely again.
March fixtures on 09:43 - Feb 18 with 1597 viewsderbyhoop

1 game at a time. Marti will be saying the same.

Personally, I think we'll need at least 4 more wins. 5 would be better.
[Post edited 18 Feb 9:53]

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

March fixtures on 09:53 - Feb 18 with 1535 viewsHastings_Hoops

I have more hope of getting results against March’s opposition that I do against relegation rivals. It’s the QPR way.
March fixtures on 09:58 - Feb 18 with 1511 viewsgazza1

Bristol 3 -0 v Saints......QPR at home next game.....a simple 3 points.......simples!!!

Guess what, 1 - 0 QPR and outplayed Bristol for most of the match and should have won 3 - 0, maybe more. This Division is a very close League, anybody, if they play well will generally get 3 points.

As a poster said, one match at a time.
Login to get fewer ads

March fixtures on 10:05 - Feb 18 with 1482 viewsJuzzie

March fixtures on 09:58 - Feb 18 by gazza1

Bristol 3 -0 v Saints......QPR at home next game.....a simple 3 points.......simples!!!

Guess what, 1 - 0 QPR and outplayed Bristol for most of the match and should have won 3 - 0, maybe more. This Division is a very close League, anybody, if they play well will generally get 3 points.

As a poster said, one match at a time.

This is why football can be great, and why there is always hope.

Who’d have thought Leicester would lose to ‘boro, Bristol would comfortably beat Southampton, we’d win at Burnley and so on.

You never see a poor bookie.
March fixtures on 10:17 - Feb 18 with 1442 viewsWatford_Ranger

No team in this league is a guaranteed defeat. We’re all just different shades of crap on any given day.
March fixtures on 10:33 - Feb 18 with 1374 viewsChrisNW6

Apart from Millwall away we have only lost games by a single goal. The same is true for our wins as we only seem to win by a single goal, which means we are competitive against every team we play. Marti has made us much harder to beat and I don't think the March fixtures look that tough. I think we can get over the 40 point line and give ourselves a chance.
March fixtures on 10:37 - Feb 18 with 1344 viewsBedford_R

March fixtures on 09:11 - Feb 18 by Wegerles_Stairs

Three home games though - Boro and West Brom are beatable, while we all know about Birmingham. Genuinely confident about Saturday - Rotherham clearly the poorest side in the division and if we can't beat them, we deserve to go down. That should get us out of the relegation zone, which will breed confidence. It's a shame we flunked the Stoke match as that was an easy three points wrapped up in a bow but yesterday's result sets us up nicely again.

This is QPR. Would not surprise me if a we lose to Rotherham and then go on to beat Leicester.

People always say we should beat our relegation rivals and we just don't do that for whatever reason.

It's going to be a bumpy ride....

RMH_R Reborn

March fixtures on 11:19 - Feb 18 with 1273 viewsPaddyhoops

March fixtures on 10:37 - Feb 18 by Bedford_R

This is QPR. Would not surprise me if a we lose to Rotherham and then go on to beat Leicester.

People always say we should beat our relegation rivals and we just don't do that for whatever reason.

It's going to be a bumpy ride....

Not overly concerned about fixtures.
It’s a daft league. We are gathering points at the right time .
The likes of Millwall and Swansea are falling off a cliff at the wrong time.
It will be tight but a win next week will likely pull us out relegation zone and I’ve always believed if we can do that we’ll be fine.
March fixtures on 11:24 - Feb 18 with 1246 viewskernowhoop

Bristol City fans were perplexed at how their team could beat Southampton then a few days later, get beaten at home by QPR.
QPR fans were perplexed at how their team could play so well and draw with Norwich then, a few days later, put in a pathetic performance to lose at Stoke.
It's the Championship.
March fixtures on 19:42 - Feb 18 with 950 viewsQPRConor2000

Anything can happen in this mad league.
March fixtures on 19:47 - Feb 18 with 932 viewsBAWHoops

It's a crap league except the 3 Prem teams. Everyone else is incredibly beatable.
The only team I fear outside of them is actually Coventry who I think are motoring now and will make it v uncomfortable for one of the Prem 3 in the Play offs.
The last 2 games (Leeds home and Cov away) are absolute killers and we need to make that little run before of Swansea, Sheff Weds and PNE count

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

March fixtures on 20:17 - Feb 18 with 857 viewsterryb

Apart from the visit to Leicester, we are capable of winning points in any of the other four matches. Mind you, we're also capable of losing all of them!

In my view there are only three of the remaining thirteen games that I give us little chance - Leicester, Leeds & Coventry. Against this, we have six that I would expect us have a chance of winning - Rotherham, Wednesday, Birmingham, Preston, Swansea & Plymouth. We won't win all of them of course, but all are possible victories.

I know we've only won 25% of our league games this season, but many clubs have come close to doubling their points total in the final quarter of the season. Who expected us to win our five last home matches in the 2011/12 season? Especially as that included Liverpool, Arsenal & Tottenham!
March fixtures on 20:47 - Feb 18 with 765 viewsLoyalitat

March fixtures on 19:47 - Feb 18 by BAWHoops

It's a crap league except the 3 Prem teams. Everyone else is incredibly beatable.
The only team I fear outside of them is actually Coventry who I think are motoring now and will make it v uncomfortable for one of the Prem 3 in the Play offs.
The last 2 games (Leeds home and Cov away) are absolute killers and we need to make that little run before of Swansea, Sheff Weds and PNE count

Totally agree.

Mark Robins doing it again with Coventry City, after having sold their two best players from last season: Gyokeres and Hamar. It took the new players a while to settle in but they are playing well now. Robins seems to have the knack of getting his forwards to score a decent amount of goals: Wright, Godden and now even Sims.

Leicester aside, I think we shouldn't fear any of the other teams that we face in March. However, let's not get ahead of ourselves and just focus on successfully negotiating the next challenge: Rotherham, which won't be easy.
[Post edited 18 Feb 21:13]
March fixtures on 21:18 - Feb 18 with 713 viewsMatch82

March fixtures on 09:43 - Feb 18 by derbyhoop

1 game at a time. Marti will be saying the same.

Personally, I think we'll need at least 4 more wins. 5 would be better.
[Post edited 18 Feb 9:53]

Maybe. Depends really, do we think the 3 teams above us are all going to win 5 of their next 13?

With any luck another 13 or 14 points will be enough.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024