Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cifuentes redentor 16:59 - Apr 1 with 8778 viewsdannyblue

From bottom of the relegation 8 (excluding Rotherham) we’re now top. Some change around.
[Post edited 1 Apr 17:03]
Cifuentes redentor on 01:40 - Apr 2 with 2294 viewsQuillPenRiot

Cifuentes redentor on 22:47 - Apr 1 by Lblock

I rarely have praise for those at the top but…..

Maybe they had a plan here?
Don’t forget that Ains kept last season’s bin fire in the Division…. Somehow!!!

Perhaps they knew he was very short term and may have replaced him in summer but had an agreement Saint Marti would not be about until November
They kept the transfer powder dry’ish
Waited and got their number one man ready for a plan to start rolling

Marti said he’d watched all of our games this season
Why would you do that unless you were some sort of machocist???

It matters not
He’s here now and 4 points away from starting to plan for next season
I hope he keeps momentum and achieves that…. If so he’ll also have broken the QPR mould somewhat as well. Fair play.

The other thing I’d like to throw in the mix….. he seems a really nice fella but with an under current of ice cold steel about him.
Like that. I like that a lot

Obviously Marti is a masochist…but I believe he saw a great risk/reward opportunity here, and London had a big part of that, hopefully he’s looking long term with us, he seems to have been thoughtful but eclectic in his career choices
[Post edited 2 Apr 1:41]
Cifuentes redentor on 03:51 - Apr 2 with 2193 viewsthemodfather

It has been some rollercoaster and what a turn round in the team performances and form soaring in16 th yes the nurse has been checking blood pressure all day! Well done Marti and the lads also new investors, they brought in the new blood that triggered the miracle in the Bush
Cifuentes redentor on 06:16 - Apr 2 with 2096 viewsdmm

Every single one of us will be desperate for Cifuentes to stay with us. And stay with us for a long time.

With some available dosh next season, the club should offer him a new contract with a nice fat salary increase, plus funds for players that he, together with Nourry and recruitment guys, want to bring in. Nothing less than reward and full support should be given to our redeemer.

A Marti Cifuentes does not come along very often.
Cifuentes redentor on 08:57 - Apr 2 with 1949 viewsTheChef

Cifuentes redentor on 23:05 - Apr 1 by PunteR

I'd love to know what really goes on behind the scenes. At what point did they decide Warburton wasn't to be the manager anymore so lets try and get Marti C who we then cant afford so go with Snakey boy, then Critchley, then Gareth Ainsworth to back to Marti C again.
Surely it would have simpler and cheaper to just buy out Marti Cifuentes contract in the first place ?
I know hindsight is a wonderful thing but its where our owners fail so many times when they don't make bold , forward thinking decisions and fall back on the premiss we are skint.
But cheap, buy twice.
I don't really know how Les or Hoos or Bhatia fit into all this but between them i reckon they didn't really see the full potential of Marti and was probably just another name in the hat.
Kudos to our new DoF , plus the stars aligned.

After Beale left, Cifuentes was wanted by the board but his buyout to break his Hammarby contract was a million quid.

Main issue was this probably would have put us in FFP trouble - but I suppose in hindsight a points deduction was worth the risk given how poor we were under Critchley and Ainsworth.

Anyway, the most important thing is we have him now!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Cifuentes redentor on 09:09 - Apr 2 with 1904 viewsslmrstid

He's done a magnificent job, but I think the four January signings have transformed this team.

Andersen and Hayden have had an enormous impact - Anderson is on a few assists now and Hayden is a monster of a midfielder and both of them ability wise are huge upgrades on what we had before.

Frey and Hodge perhaps not quite had the same impact but they've added excellently to the depth of the squad, and Hodge is still better than Dozzell and Frey is an extra striker who has still given us a better presence up front at times.

I think without those four we'd still be struggling to stay above the dotted line, simply because the team wouldn't be anywhere near as strong.

BUT...I do think Cifuentes has been marvellous. Hope he's able to push us on next year, but we're not quite safe yet!
Cifuentes redentor on 09:19 - Apr 2 with 1863 viewsdaveB

Cifuentes redentor on 09:09 - Apr 2 by slmrstid

He's done a magnificent job, but I think the four January signings have transformed this team.

Andersen and Hayden have had an enormous impact - Anderson is on a few assists now and Hayden is a monster of a midfielder and both of them ability wise are huge upgrades on what we had before.

Frey and Hodge perhaps not quite had the same impact but they've added excellently to the depth of the squad, and Hodge is still better than Dozzell and Frey is an extra striker who has still given us a better presence up front at times.

I think without those four we'd still be struggling to stay above the dotted line, simply because the team wouldn't be anywhere near as strong.

BUT...I do think Cifuentes has been marvellous. Hope he's able to push us on next year, but we're not quite safe yet!

The Hayden and Anderson signings were very good but already thinking we are lumbered with Frey for a few years when he looks nowhere near it at the moment, hope that changes. Hodge has quickly turned into a Tom Carroll type loan, clearly a good player and has added some depth but not really lived upto the hype.

I thought we were on the right path pre those signings, that point v Huddersfield looks a lot better now
Cifuentes redentor on 09:23 - Apr 2 with 1826 viewscpgerber

The only thing MC hasn't achieved (yet), is get Taylor Richards going.
Cifuentes redentor on 09:24 - Apr 2 with 1816 viewsRed_Ranger

Cifuentes redentor on 22:26 - Apr 1 by wombat

Don’t forget he was on our radar long before ainsworth but we couldn’t afford the buy out of his contract at the time .

I love to believe this was the case.
Genuine question, who had or did identified him. Does Les get any credit? Someone should be raised on shoulders.
Login to get fewer ads

Cifuentes redentor on 09:25 - Apr 2 with 1798 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Cifuentes redentor on 09:19 - Apr 2 by daveB

The Hayden and Anderson signings were very good but already thinking we are lumbered with Frey for a few years when he looks nowhere near it at the moment, hope that changes. Hodge has quickly turned into a Tom Carroll type loan, clearly a good player and has added some depth but not really lived upto the hype.

I thought we were on the right path pre those signings, that point v Huddersfield looks a lot better now

I thought Hodge was ok yesterday. Don't think he did much wrong, just maybe didn't do enough. Obviously if he scored the goal we'd have been praising him but he dallied and the chance slipped away. In the end, we had to make a substitution there because he, Colback and Field were getting overrun.

I also think that he's out of position for us at the moment. He's been a defensive midfielder for most of his short career, so he's having to learn a new position as well.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Cifuentes redentor on 10:15 - Apr 2 with 1663 viewsdaveB

Cifuentes redentor on 09:25 - Apr 2 by BrianMcCarthy

I thought Hodge was ok yesterday. Don't think he did much wrong, just maybe didn't do enough. Obviously if he scored the goal we'd have been praising him but he dallied and the chance slipped away. In the end, we had to make a substitution there because he, Colback and Field were getting overrun.

I also think that he's out of position for us at the moment. He's been a defensive midfielder for most of his short career, so he's having to learn a new position as well.

thought he was a bit slow at times on the ball but that's a minor complaint really
Cifuentes redentor on 10:37 - Apr 2 with 1601 viewsslmrstid

Cifuentes redentor on 09:23 - Apr 2 by cpgerber

He did say after we lost 2-0 to Middlesbrough that he's not a miracle maker.
Cifuentes redentor on 11:11 - Apr 2 with 1520 viewssouthbound_tram

Cifuentes redentor on 09:09 - Apr 2 by slmrstid

Yep, I'm amazed by what Marti has done. Jan signings massive and really positive players. Also less frequent injuries and suspensions to key players has helped a lot.

Getting the most out of players and the encouraging their development and drive is the biggest for me though. Hopefully players looking to move clubs will now see us as a better ranking destination.
Cifuentes redentor on 11:14 - Apr 2 with 1504 viewsbaz_qpr

Cifuentes redentor on 09:19 - Apr 2 by daveB

I thought Frey was very good the first few games but was clearly running on adrenaline. The lack of fitness and match practice is beginning to show. I hope a good preseason under his belt he will come good. I read he nearly signed for a prem club a couple of years ago but failed the medical so I dont think he is crap, his movement in the box is good and I dont think he is any worse than Dykes.
Cifuentes redentor on 11:35 - Apr 2 with 1458 viewsParkRoyalR

Cifuentes redentor on 11:14 - Apr 2 by baz_qpr

I thought Frey was very good the first few games but was clearly running on adrenaline. The lack of fitness and match practice is beginning to show. I hope a good preseason under his belt he will come good. I read he nearly signed for a prem club a couple of years ago but failed the medical so I dont think he is crap, his movement in the box is good and I dont think he is any worse than Dykes.

The only time I've seen him put a shift in was after that penalty miss, which you would expect any player to do after such a poor effort.

I'm hoping the reduction in work-rate since then is down to Cifuentes telling his lone striker he wants them to occupy the middle of the pitch to block the Centre Backs stepping up with the ball, rather than all 3 suddenly becoming work-shy.
Cifuentes redentor on 12:12 - Apr 2 with 1383 viewsGroveR

Cifuentes redentor on 01:31 - Apr 2 by Boston

Think we'd eliminate hooliganism at Loftus Rd if we had that menu.

Is that Andy Woolmer in the SLO jacket?
Cifuentes redentor on 12:26 - Apr 2 with 1322 viewsRs_Holy

I'm already resigned to losing Marti in the summer ... Palace or Everton or a similarly placed team will lure him to the Prem :( ... thanks Marti, it was great while it lasted!
[Post edited 2 Apr 13:13]
Cifuentes redentor on 12:51 - Apr 2 with 1270 viewslondonscottish

Based on the last 6 games, we're 7th in the form table.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Cifuentes redentor on 12:56 - Apr 2 with 1260 viewsdaveB

Cifuentes redentor on 12:26 - Apr 2 by Rs_Holy

I'm already resigned to losing Marti in the summer ... Palace or Everton or a similarly placed team will lure him to the Prem :( ... thanks Marti, it was great while it lasted!

I'm not sure a Prem team will come in for him, maybe a top end championship one but even then the Sheff Wed and Cardiff managers will also be in demand, I don't see him leaving yet
Cifuentes redentor on 13:08 - Apr 2 with 1220 viewsslmrstid

Cifuentes redentor on 12:56 - Apr 2 by daveB

I'm not sure a Prem team will come in for him, maybe a top end championship one but even then the Sheff Wed and Cardiff managers will also be in demand, I don't see him leaving yet

Agree, he's not going to get picked up by someone off the back of 6 good months at QPR.

I was thinking yesterday whether someone like Sunderland would try and poach him as they look to get over their own Mick Beale disaster but to be honest, they might have a bigger stadium, but I think London will have a bigger pull over someone like Marti than being miles away from everywhere in the north east.
Cifuentes redentor on 13:11 - Apr 2 with 1212 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Cifuentes redentor on 09:23 - Apr 2 by cpgerber

Q: Is there anyone in football who can (and I will allow you to form a team of leading football experts)?

A: No.

NEXT!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Cifuentes redentor on 13:42 - Apr 2 with 1118 viewsdannyblue

Cifuentes redentor on 13:08 - Apr 2 by slmrstid

Agree, he's not going to get picked up by someone off the back of 6 good months at QPR.

I was thinking yesterday whether someone like Sunderland would try and poach him as they look to get over their own Mick Beale disaster but to be honest, they might have a bigger stadium, but I think London will have a bigger pull over someone like Marti than being miles away from everywhere in the north east.

Beale got approached after 10 good weeks!
Cifuentes redentor on 16:48 - Apr 2 with 948 viewsToast_R

Cifuentes redentor on 17:09 - Apr 2 with 898 viewsNorthantsHoop

We just wait and see, but it does look that Marti is all in with the project. It is important that the Board back him and it does look like that will be the case. Really hope we make a go of trying to sign Hayden in the Summer and picking up Andersen who has been brilliant is a sign of good things to come. The longer term contract for Sam Field maybe a signal that Marti is likely to be here for a while.
Cifuentes redentor on 17:25 - Apr 2 with 852 viewsAntti_Heinola

I think he'll start the season with us, but I'm not convinced he'll end next season with us, althlough I obviously hope he will. But if we continue to improve I don't think he'll be here long. He's never stayed anywhere long - he's a man (justifiably) in a hurry. The club should be looking now at possible replacements along similar lines.
But let's not get ahead of ourselves: this season is a long way from being over. We could easily lose to SW, and then find a Plymouth remotivated by a new voice in the dressing room, and find ourselves right back in the mix.
As the Wolf sort of said... let's not start sucking each other's sticks yet.

Bare bones.

Cifuentes redentor on 18:05 - Apr 2 with 743 viewspaulparker

Cifuentes redentor on 12:26 - Apr 2 by Rs_Holy

I can see Brighton being very interested in him if the other fella leaves

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024