Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reggie Cannon 13:11 - Apr 10 with 2987 viewscolinallcars

Obviously I defer to Marti's knowledge but I'm surprised Cannon hasn't been tried in somewhere other than being on the bench as RB sub.
He wasn't match fit when he played early in the season but looked pretty good.
We've been barrel-scraping for options lately and I seem to recall talk of him being OK in other positions.
Reggie Cannon on 13:53 - Apr 10 with 2813 viewsJimboqpr

Slightly surprised he hasn't had more sub appearances, but the defence has performed so well since he got injured where else would you fit him in at the moment? Unless he knows how to play CF! I sense he hasn't really been fully fit since he got here and been carrying an injury of some kind so maybe he's just been working on his fitness.
[Post edited 10 Apr 13:53]
Reggie Cannon on 14:33 - Apr 10 with 2639 viewsgazza1

Cannon is very average despite what many think.....be interesting what contract he up when he signed.
Reggie Cannon on 15:46 - Apr 10 with 2512 viewsNed_Kennedys

Reggie Cannon on 14:33 - Apr 10 by gazza1

Cannon is very average despite what many think.....be interesting what contract he up when he signed.

I think he’s alright: is that ok?
Reggie Cannon on 15:52 - Apr 10 with 2470 viewsTheChef

Hamstrung (ahem) by coming to us undercooked in terms of fitness. Get a decent pre-season and at 100% I think he will do fine next season.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Reggie Cannon on 15:56 - Apr 10 with 2427 viewslassel

He’s had an issue with his groin since joining and was basically being managed through the games until recently as we had no one else.

As soon as we are safe I imagine he’ll go off and have an operation as a long term fix.
Reggie Cannon on 15:59 - Apr 10 with 2408 viewsDorse

Reggie Cannon on 15:46 - Apr 10 by Ned_Kennedys

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Reggie Cannon on 16:00 - Apr 10 with 2383 viewsgazza1

Reggie Cannon on 15:46 - Apr 10 by Ned_Kennedys

Of course......ok but not good enough to be selected to play RB ahead of a CB!!!
[Post edited 10 Apr 16:01]
Reggie Cannon on 16:44 - Apr 10 with 2233 viewsHooping_Mad

Reggie Cannon on 16:00 - Apr 10 by gazza1

Of course......ok but not good enough to be selected to play RB ahead of a CB!!!
[Post edited 10 Apr 16:01]

I only watched on a stream but it seemed to me he was a bit closer to Cook last night than in previous games. Maybe we altered in/out of possession but Dunne seemed less effective to me as a result.

Season has been so frustrating that i'm past the anger stage and have moved on to disappointment.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Login to get fewer ads

Reggie Cannon on 16:48 - Apr 10 with 2215 viewssprocket

Reggie Cannon on 16:44 - Apr 10 by Hooping_Mad

I only watched on a stream but it seemed to me he was a bit closer to Cook last night than in previous games. Maybe we altered in/out of possession but Dunne seemed less effective to me as a result.

Season has been so frustrating that i'm past the anger stage and have moved on to disappointment.

Yep, it appeared Smyth was playing wingback at various times with Jimmy closer to Dunne which made me nervous. Although JD is not a natural RB he has done a fantastic job and gives another dimension especially with his height from goal kicks and corners/free kicks. We have actually started to score from set pieces. Amazing turnaround from Ainsworth football.
Reggie Cannon on 16:50 - Apr 10 with 2194 viewsdmm

Reggie Cannon on 14:33 - Apr 10 by gazza1

His contract is to 2027.
Reggie Cannon on 16:52 - Apr 10 with 2171 viewsgazza1

Reggie Cannon on 16:50 - Apr 10 by dmm

His contract is to 2027.

Thanks, Wow that's a long contract......4 year I presume.
Reggie Cannon on 17:05 - Apr 10 with 2129 viewsWatford_Ranger

Can’t say I rate him after a promising first few games. I think Kakay was just bad enough that people were ecstatic with the change. Dunne has overall deserved to keep his place even if yesterday wasn’t his best.
Reggie Cannon on 17:25 - Apr 10 with 2050 viewsAntti_Heinola

Reggie Cannon on 16:50 - Apr 10 by dmm

His contract is to 2027.

Thought he signed a two year deal. surprising if true.

Bare bones.

Reggie Cannon on 17:47 - Apr 10 with 1977 viewsLazyFan

In the early days, Cannon did help us move from a five to a back four. Even Warbs struggled to do that at times. Marti has done a great job with our defence as well.

Cannon was dropped for being at fault for the Norwich 2nd goal and being poor again in the next game after.
Marti had seen enough. If it's true he has ongoing fitness issues, then this explains why Dunne was tried out and, as we have seen, has been very successful.

We also know that Martri always gives you a way back, unlike other past QPR managers. Players returned to the fold who were once considered out have been Fox, Dunne, Smyth, Armstrong, Hodge, EDB and even Uncle, who is well past it (unable to keep up with Mumba, even when he came on fresh as a sub). He even played the mythical Richards once. Witchcraft!

I do wonder if Cannon could play the DMC role, although he was adamant that he wanted to play RB only.

zzzzzzzzzz

Reggie Cannon on 19:46 - Apr 10 with 1826 viewslassel

Reggie Cannon on 17:25 - Apr 10 by Antti_Heinola

Thought he signed a two year deal. surprising if true.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2023/september/26/defender-reggie-cannon-joins-qpr/

4 year deal - suspect he will end up being sold this summer anyway to cash in on taking the risk signing him.
Reggie Cannon on 20:00 - Apr 10 with 1792 viewsHastings_Hoops

Reggie Cannon on 16:44 - Apr 10 by Hooping_Mad

I get that this year has been grim, but let’s be honest - everyone’s pre-season prediction was bottom three and best hope was 4th bottom… the fact that we’re a number of places above relegation with a great manager in position and top half based on form since January is better than anyone could have hoped? Shirley?

…I hope this post ages well.
Reggie Cannon on 21:41 - Apr 10 with 1601 viewsGloucs_R

I think Clive said...

He didn't want to come here but had run out of options and it was either us or not playing football this season.

He was a little hit and miss but good competition for Dunne.

Let's not forget, if he goes then it's kakay or we bring someone in to sit on the bench. I would rather use the money elsewhere.

I'm happy with Dunne / Canon and Paal / Larkeche next season.

For me a keeper and possibly replacements for Cook and JCS would be defensive priorities
[Post edited 10 Apr 21:48]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Reggie Cannon on 21:52 - Apr 10 with 1564 viewsCiderwithRsie

Reggie Cannon on 20:00 - Apr 10 by Hastings_Hoops

I get that this year has been grim, but let’s be honest - everyone’s pre-season prediction was bottom three and best hope was 4th bottom… the fact that we’re a number of places above relegation with a great manager in position and top half based on form since January is better than anyone could have hoped? Shirley?

I make you right and even if things go pear-shaped you'd still be right on most of us expecting bottom three and praying for 4th bottom.
Reggie Cannon on 23:47 - Apr 10 with 1320 viewsbosh67

Reggie Cannon on 15:52 - Apr 10 by TheChef

Hamstrung (ahem) by coming to us undercooked in terms of fitness. Get a decent pre-season and at 100% I think he will do fine next season.

He's not entirely fit or up to speed. That said he's more up to speed than Uncs. Not sure what the logic of playing Uncs is as much as I love him?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Reggie Cannon on 01:03 - Apr 11 with 1242 viewsBoston

I sorta mentioned Reggie was a bit flakey when we signed him. His problems are not contained to ability or physical injury.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Reggie Cannon on 07:33 - Apr 11 with 1099 viewsnix

Reggie Cannon on 01:03 - Apr 11 by Boston

I sorta mentioned Reggie was a bit flakey when we signed him. His problems are not contained to ability or physical injury.

I can't remember what you said. Did you mean flakey in a Taylor Richards it's beneath me to play football kind of way or in a Chris Willock I have spectacular and I have dog-sh*t days kind of way?
Reggie Cannon on 07:45 - Apr 11 with 1049 viewsgazza1

Reggie Cannon on 20:00 - Apr 10 by Hastings_Hoops

Sorry, I did not expect us to be where we was pre MC's arrival. I expected mid table(where we are now with a few more points) with the first team squad that we had but I did not realise just how bad GA would manage the team, I did not realise how bad our keeper and forward line would be - I knew they were very limited but nowhere as bad as they have been!!! The goals that our keeper has conceded is very poor and the forwards are just so limited in most aspects of scoring goals..
[Post edited 11 Apr 7:47]
Reggie Cannon on 08:22 - Apr 11 with 978 viewslassel

Reggie Cannon on 21:41 - Apr 10 by Gloucs_R

I think Clive said...

He didn't want to come here but had run out of options and it was either us or not playing football this season.

He was a little hit and miss but good competition for Dunne.

Let's not forget, if he goes then it's kakay or we bring someone in to sit on the bench. I would rather use the money elsewhere.

I'm happy with Dunne / Canon and Paal / Larkeche next season.

For me a keeper and possibly replacements for Cook and JCS would be defensive priorities
[Post edited 10 Apr 21:48]

Kinda of yes and no…

He was in London and Fulham and Palace both kicked the tyres but Boavista were following him around the country threatening everyone with a lawsuit if they signed him to which PL clubs figured it wasn’t worth the hassle for a squad player.

For us it was a player we couldn’t normally attract, on a free transfer so a no brainer. There was a delay between everyone knowing it was done and being announced as he got a FIFA ruling that he was free to join a new club while his dispute with Boavista was sorted out.

As above, he’s had a groin problem basically since he joined and ordinarily he would have gone for an operation arter he opened it up again at Portman Road but Marti doesn’t trust Kakay so Cannon had to be managed and even now kept around as backup.
Reggie Cannon on 13:35 - Apr 11 with 779 viewsTacticalR

Reggie Cannon on 07:33 - Apr 11 by nix

I can't remember what you said. Did you mean flakey in a Taylor Richards it's beneath me to play football kind of way or in a Chris Willock I have spectacular and I have dog-sh*t days kind of way?

Yes, let us define our terms.

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024