Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are we staying up? 10:28 - Apr 14 with 9304 viewsGloucs_R

Are we staying up?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Interested to know how we all feel now.

It's going to be tight but I think we will get another win.
[Post edited 14 Apr 10:29]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Are we staying up? on 10:43 - Apr 14 with 4138 viewsRangersw12

I can see us getting 4 points out of the last 3 which will be enough to stay up .
Are we staying up? on 11:00 - Apr 14 with 4038 viewsQPR_John

Are we staying up? on 10:43 - Apr 14 by Rangersw12

I can see us getting 4 points out of the last 3 which will be enough to stay up .

Wish I could agree. Before the Wednesday game i was sure we would stay up. But we have had so many chances to pull clear and then fell short.
Are we staying up? on 11:01 - Apr 14 with 4037 viewsdaveB

My fear since Swansea was one bad weekend changes everything and we've just had that. I don't fancy us at all at home and we now have a must win game next week which I can't say I fancy us in

Those dropped points at Plymouth and Sunderland could cost us
Are we staying up? on 11:12 - Apr 14 with 3957 viewsWegerles_Stairs

If we can't beat a Preston side with nothing to play for, who have played a few days before, we deserve to go down. Think we'll do it but thought we'd beat Wednesday too.
Are we staying up? on 11:17 - Apr 14 with 3922 viewsGaryBannister86

Are we staying up? on 11:01 - Apr 14 by daveB

My fear since Swansea was one bad weekend changes everything and we've just had that. I don't fancy us at all at home and we now have a must win game next week which I can't say I fancy us in

Those dropped points at Plymouth and Sunderland could cost us

You were bang on, Dave.

We are in massive trouble now - I can see Brum and Weds going clear so gotta hope to finish above Hudds and Stoke. Suddenly 50 points may not even be enough and I just wouldn't have believed that last week.

Damn you, Leicester, Coventry, Leeds. And Begovic.
Are we staying up? on 11:20 - Apr 14 with 3882 viewsdaveB

Are we staying up? on 11:17 - Apr 14 by GaryBannister86

You were bang on, Dave.

We are in massive trouble now - I can see Brum and Weds going clear so gotta hope to finish above Hudds and Stoke. Suddenly 50 points may not even be enough and I just wouldn't have believed that last week.

Damn you, Leicester, Coventry, Leeds. And Begovic.

Birmingham have Rotherham to play plus away at huddersfield and a home game v Norwich, who will likely be resting people for the playoffs so they should get 6 points at least. We'll need at least one more win, possibly 2
Are we staying up? on 11:24 - Apr 14 with 3840 viewsGaryBannister86

With all likelihood Preston little to play for and maybe even Coventry, there is literally no excuse for our sorry bunch not to realise it is still in our hands and get us over the line.

Coventry will also either be in the FA Cup final so hopefully one eye on that, or totally deflated that their season has ended with nothing.

All this never seems to make a difference to us though.
Are we staying up? on 11:37 - Apr 14 with 3752 viewsHayesender

Perform like we did against West Brom we'll be OK. Sadly we've shown no signs of that over the last few games

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Login to get fewer ads

Are we staying up? on 11:48 - Apr 14 with 3709 viewsNed_Kennedys

At the moment I think we will scrape a win against Preston and stay up.
Failure to win next Saturday and I think we are very likely to go down though.
Are we staying up? on 11:57 - Apr 14 with 3656 viewsMelakaRanger

I know the season has been full of its or buts. The many missed "should have scored" goals and last minute goals conceded etc, but I fear the Begovich flap up against Plymouth last week will be the two points that cost us our Championship status.. We had 3 points in the bag rather than the 1 we ended up with. A win then I think we would have survived even if we do not get another point in the next 3 games (which I can't see us getting).

Sliding doors..
Are we staying up? on 11:57 - Apr 14 with 3652 viewsLblock

Agreed

PNE is our date with destiny
Fail to win and that’s the club fcukd for years I reckon

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Are we staying up? on 12:10 - Apr 14 with 3578 viewsNed_Kennedys

Are we staying up? on 11:57 - Apr 14 by MelakaRanger

I know the season has been full of its or buts. The many missed "should have scored" goals and last minute goals conceded etc, but I fear the Begovich flap up against Plymouth last week will be the two points that cost us our Championship status.. We had 3 points in the bag rather than the 1 we ended up with. A win then I think we would have survived even if we do not get another point in the next 3 games (which I can't see us getting).

Sliding doors..

Honestly you really think one moment is the reason we are getting relegated??
There are 4140 minutes in a season (plus 100s of minutes added time): for most of those minutes we have been rubbish this season and that’s the reason we are close to relegation.
People need to see the bigger picture.
Are we staying up? on 12:18 - Apr 14 with 3511 viewsGaryBannister86

Are we staying up? on 12:10 - Apr 14 by Ned_Kennedys

Honestly you really think one moment is the reason we are getting relegated??
There are 4140 minutes in a season (plus 100s of minutes added time): for most of those minutes we have been rubbish this season and that’s the reason we are close to relegation.
People need to see the bigger picture.

Yeah your point is right of course, but also all those minutes have individual moments of huge significance.

If we go down, I attribute most blame to:

1) Ainsworth
2) Begovic
3) Ainsworth
4) Begovic
5) Begovic
6) Ainsworth

Imagine being in the same league as bloody Wrexham and their circus.
Are we staying up? on 12:32 - Apr 14 with 3449 viewsdaveB

it'll almost certainly go to the last game, can see 3rd bottom getting to 48 points so will be tight till the end

Don't buy that Preston will be on the beach, they will still want to win, thats a very tough game
Are we staying up? on 12:41 - Apr 14 with 3397 viewsNov77

As long as we don’t ruin our goal difference, and assuming both Wednesday and Huddersfield lose one of their last three games, if we get one more point they had would have to win both their other two games to overtake us.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Are we staying up? on 12:55 - Apr 14 with 3309 viewsHayesender

Are we staying up? on 12:18 - Apr 14 by GaryBannister86

Yeah your point is right of course, but also all those minutes have individual moments of huge significance.

1) Ainsworth
2) Begovic
3) Ainsworth
4) Begovic
5) Begovic
6) Ainsworth

Can I add Amit Bhatia to that list with his stupid itch to scratch

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Are we staying up? on 13:05 - Apr 14 with 3265 viewsjohnhoop

I know some people say if we don’t do this or that “we deserve to go down” but I really don’t give a flying one whether we deserve to go down or not. The only thing that matters is somehow staying in the division no matter how crap we are because the consequences of relegation are going to be disastrous and long lasting.
Are we staying up? on 13:12 - Apr 14 with 3225 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Are we staying up? on 11:57 - Apr 14 by Lblock

Agreed

PNE is our date with destiny
Fail to win and that’s the club fcukd for years I reckon

Or for six days anyway.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Are we staying up? on 13:15 - Apr 14 with 3186 viewspaulparker

Are we staying up? on 12:18 - Apr 14 by GaryBannister86

1) Ainsworth
2) Begovic
3) Ainsworth
4) Begovic
5) Begovic
6) Ainsworth

Nothing to do with the ineptitude of our previous DOF and current board then

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Are we staying up? on 13:34 - Apr 14 with 3089 viewsDaBurgh

Michael Frey, 95th minute header to win it against Coventry, we stay up by the skin of our teeth, Stoke sail off into the sunset, not to be seen for a good 5 years.
All hail the Swiss guard!
Are we staying up? on 13:46 - Apr 14 with 3050 viewsQPRConor2000

Its pretty simple next week, have to win.

Could go down to the final day at this rate.
Are we staying up? on 13:56 - Apr 14 with 2980 viewsbosh67

Are we staying up? on 13:12 - Apr 14 by BrianMcCarthy

Or for six days anyway.

We'll beat Leeds.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Are we staying up? on 14:07 - Apr 14 with 2922 viewstimjones

Putting on my optimistic head, atm both Huddersfield and Sheffield Wednesday would have to get 4 MORE points (inferior goal difference) than us in just 3 matches. Huddersfield also need to play Birmingham so IF they do win that one they’ll take points from a team currently below us in the table. We play Preston on Saturday at 17.15. Preston play Southampton away on Tuesday and Norwich play Swansea at home on Saturday at 3pm so there’s a fair chance that when Preston ko against us they’ll have just learnt that they won’t be able to qualify for the playoffs…hopefully they’ll be easier to beat or at least draw against. Looking further ahead to the Coventry match highly likely they’ll be out of the playoffs. However, on the negative side we don’t score many goals. I still think that we’ll get over that line though as quite a lot is favouring us.
Are we staying up? on 14:10 - Apr 14 with 2898 viewsRangersw12

Are we staying up? on 13:15 - Apr 14 by paulparker

Nothing to do with the ineptitude of our previous DOF and current board then

90% of this is down to Haka man
Are we staying up? on 14:19 - Apr 14 with 2857 viewsYorkRanger

We probably need one win, or maybe a win and a draw. Would be good to get something towards that against Preston, but it will not be season defining if we don't.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024