Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites 11:24 - Apr 17 with 26891 viewsSouthAfricanRanger

(My record is won 1, drawn 1. So unbeaten, šŸ˜€ but regardless who starts the post, itā€™s the players who have to get us out the trenches and to D (Delivery) Day) - yes, double brackets in that sentence.

War is bad-and there is too much happening of it in the world. But I thought will use the fighting for survival analogy for what we need to do vs PNE.

My grandad fought in North Africa, my favourite set of books are Spike Milliganā€™s war memoirs (hence the title of the post), war comics and army sets were part of my childhood growing up in the 70ā€™s, Sir Laurence Olivier's unique narrative voice of the World at War still poignant from when I first heard it when watching with my dad on black and white TV.

Iā€™m not a war fanatic. Much better things in life.

But letā€™s get stuck in, letā€™s dig deep-We shall never surrender to any relegation threat! - even if we think Preston are on the beach already. Letā€™s see a bright light in our 3rd last game. Let us see peace in the world. Get stuck in Hoops.

QPR 2 PNE 1 (Chair and Armstrong)
[Post edited 17 Apr 11:26]

DonnieR

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 19:27 - Apr 20 with 2367 viewsDorse

Never felt more like singing the blues...

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 19:28 - Apr 20 with 2349 viewsjohncharles

Well done the whipping boys, Dykes goal and Begovicā€™s save. And Willock ran himself into the ground

Strong and stable my arse.

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 19:29 - Apr 20 with 2334 viewsloftus77

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 19:24 - Apr 20 by Bluce_Ree

No one is as petty as me when it comes to football but right now I'll take whatever as long as we're safe.

All my prayers are now going on Liverpool to f*ck up as much as possible.

Can't articulate anything. Well done Rs - very very well done.
Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 19:30 - Apr 20 with 2318 viewsFredManRave

And breathe...

Made hard work of that, should have scored more, shitting myself until the final (1 minute late, the b'stard) whstle. We just don't do easy, do we but it really is ALL about the 3 points at the moment.

Cook was SKY MOTM which I'd probably agree with. Between him and JCS, imo. Everone gave 100% though, I don't think many would argue with that, bodies on the line, pressing etc.

Tomorrow is obviously massive and even if the Chefs lose it won't make us mathsmatically safe, just really fcuking close. Altough I've just realised that Huddersfield play Birmingham in their next game. Can't actually work out how that changes things, tbh.
[Post edited 20 Apr 19:32]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 19:33 - Apr 20 with 2206 viewsHooparoo

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 19:30 - Apr 20 by FredManRave

And breathe...

Made hard work of that, should have scored more, shitting myself until the final (1 minute late, the b'stard) whstle. We just don't do easy, do we but it really is ALL about the 3 points at the moment.

Cook was SKY MOTM which I'd probably agree with. Between him and JCS, imo. Everone gave 100% though, I don't think many would argue with that, bodies on the line, pressing etc.

Tomorrow is obviously massive and even if the Chefs lose it won't make us mathsmatically safe, just really fcuking close. Altough I've just realised that Huddersfield play Birmingham in their next game. Can't actually work out how that changes things, tbh.
[Post edited 20 Apr 19:32]

They canā€™t both win so any result helps us

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 19:35 - Apr 20 with 2150 viewsFredManRave

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 19:33 - Apr 20 by Hooparoo

They canā€™t both win so any result helps us

Yeah, get that. Talking more about how it affects our mathmatically safe requirements...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 19:35 - Apr 20 with 2124 viewsstainrods_elbow

Barring a mathematical miracle with the GD, Huddersfield can't o'er leap us, come what may, so that leaves one to drop from Owls, Brum, Plymouth, Blackburn or (now unlikely) us/Stoke. Wednesday's GD might well do for them, not that we care either way, probably.

We deserved it today, even if it took their well dodgy keeper to literally get it over the line. We were (are) blunted as ever, but fortunately they were even blunter.

Despite his goal, Dykes does have to go at the end of the season. If we kick off with either him, Armstrong or Frey in a starting berth next season, we'll be doing so with one arm tied behind our backs again, as Marti must know, so the Board never to play their part and back the manager. For the first time in forever, we need to be properly competitive from the get-go, or what's the point?
[Post edited 20 Apr 19:40]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 19:36 - Apr 20 with 2124 viewsTonto

That's the Dykes I want to see. Hassled defneders, defended well, got the goal, was a pain all evening.

Do that more often please.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Login to get fewer ads

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 19:36 - Apr 20 with 2105 viewsBoston

Spilled ball from yesteryear.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 19:38 - Apr 20 with 2052 viewscpgerber

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 19:36 - Apr 20 by Tonto

That's the Dykes I want to see. Hassled defneders, defended well, got the goal, was a pain all evening.

Do that more often please.

Strong contender for MOM for me
Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 19:39 - Apr 20 with 1982 viewsHooparoo

Game finished at 4am here so had to confine myself to a silent scream and fist pump so as not to wake the family. Dog looked at me as if to say WTF are you doing? šŸ¶

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 19:40 - Apr 20 with 1980 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Clarke-Salter MOTM. Absolute immense performance.
Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 19:42 - Apr 20 with 1909 viewsstainrods_elbow

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 19:38 - Apr 20 by cpgerber

Strong contender for MOM for me

Probably his best game for us for a while, but still missed a great opportunity, failed to get on the end of a couple of crosses he should have, and my view on him hasn't changed. Sorry, Lyndon, but you've run your race at the Rs, so have a chat with Kilmarnock, old son, and thanks very much.

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 19:44 - Apr 20 with 1867 viewsstainrods_elbow

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 19:40 - Apr 20 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Agreed, class act - probably the best in his position in the Champ right now. If he could step forward occasionally and add one or two more goals to his game, he'd be the complete package.

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 19:48 - Apr 20 with 1771 viewsDamo1962

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 19:10 - Apr 20 by kropotkin41

Agonising. I'd say I can't believe we didn't score one of those chances but this is so us.

I can. It's the main reason for our struggles this season.That needs addressing now we should be safe. Got the job done..so well-done the players out there today...and MC.Time for some Malbec to celebrate šŸ·
Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 19:49 - Apr 20 with 1744 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Just home. Moretti is being poured, Shed Seven being blasted.
Wife not happy I've had a beer or 3, kids not to be seen. U Rs!!!!!!
Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 19:52 - Apr 20 with 1678 viewsGloucs_R

I see Birmingham are still to play Huddersfield away so one of them mathematically can't finish above us.

So only one relegation place left for us to potentially slip up.

So highly unlikely
[Post edited 20 Apr 19:53]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 19:54 - Apr 20 with 1618 viewsDamo1962

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 19:40 - Apr 20 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Good player this lad. Could get some money for him... but I'd like him to stay and push on under MC.
Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 19:55 - Apr 20 with 1598 viewsBoston

MOTM

JCS
Big shout out to Dykes though.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 19:55 - Apr 20 with 1598 viewsSuperhoops2808

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 19:42 - Apr 20 by stainrods_elbow

Probably his best game for us for a while, but still missed a great opportunity, failed to get on the end of a couple of crosses he should have, and my view on him hasn't changed. Sorry, Lyndon, but you've run your race at the Rs, so have a chat with Kilmarnock, old son, and thanks very much.

TBF... You had a low opinion of Marti, thats changed fairly quick too
Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 19:58 - Apr 20 with 1530 viewsMalintabuk

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 19:49 - Apr 20 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Just home. Moretti is being poured, Shed Seven being blasted.
Wife not happy I've had a beer or 3, kids not to be seen. U Rs!!!!!!

Couldn't log on as so nervous about today.... 60 years of this with this bloody lot.... and still like a kid when we have results like today...
The game itself was pretty ropey oneteam nervous and the other team really not bothered.
But thought we did everything right today. The back 4 was solid, and JCS was my man of the match he really is a class player. Thought Andersen was back to his best in the 1st half but tired.... and Willock was tremendous.....
My last is Dykes... I still think he's a poor player ... but today he scored, made a nuisance of himself so well done son
My only gripe is subs again.... thought he left them a little late but we won so who cares....
Marti we have to keep him .... thank Fcuk this is nearly over
[Post edited 20 Apr 19:59]
Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 20:02 - Apr 20 with 1468 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 19:28 - Apr 20 by johncharles

Well done the whipping boys, Dykes goal and Begovicā€™s save. And Willock ran himself into the ground

Begovic also managed to palm a superb corner away in a critical moment so all teams have scouted us and know his weakness fair play to him
His save was the game really IMO because if we went behind the chances of us winning were pretty slim
Everybody agrees Willock played well but got tired and became a huge liability so its hard to believe Marti did not take him off and put on Hodge
Our friend (the ref ) gave us nothing only an extra minute or to sweat it out letting that last attack continue but we hung on
Fcuk Sky they pulled the coverage right away to go to commercials I wanted to see the celebrations but will wait for the official videos or Boston
Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 20:04 - Apr 20 with 1438 viewsmart_Goblin

Agree with a few on here that JCS was immense today . Absolutely bossed the Preston forwards all game and maybe he will be the asset we sell on for bigger money after all. I donā€™t want too but we have too .

I voted Cook POTY which was a close run thing between him and JCS and if I hadnā€™t already voted I think today would have tipped it in his favour .

Outstanding performance
Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 20:05 - Apr 20 with 1418 viewsrbee

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 18:59 - Apr 20 by kropotkin41

Unbearable.

Wasn't it just. I am totally exhausted.

Good save from Begs.

Nice finish from Lyndon.

A Preston hand ball in the second half that would be a stonewall pen in the Prem.

Marti late in making his subs, Armstrong needed much earlier to chase our hoofed clearances. But who gives a damn, we got those precious three points.

Come on Urrsssss!
Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 20:07 - Apr 20 with 1394 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Agree. A class act, QPR will do well to hang on to him this summer.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024