Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
St George’s Day 05:52 - Apr 23 with 2688 viewsstowmarketrange

Happy St George’s Day to one and all.I hope you all enjoy the bank holiday.
St George’s Day on 06:51 - Apr 23 with 2615 viewsGus_iom

With our country seemingly under ever greater attack from our cultural elites, a day to remember the remarkable achievements of this beautiful isle, and how the progression of time has enabled us to create a set of values and ideals that are worth defending.
We're not perfect, but actually when you look around the world, we're really not that bad.
Happy St George's Day!
St George’s Day on 07:02 - Apr 23 with 2596 viewsDWQPR

Happy St George’s Day everyone. For me, I’ll celebrate my 58th birthday with my partner and my son. Have just sold my business so I don’t even have to get up for work today!

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

St George’s Day on 07:08 - Apr 23 with 2579 viewsdavman

St George’s Day on 07:02 - Apr 23 by DWQPR

Happy St George’s Day everyone. For me, I’ll celebrate my 58th birthday with my partner and my son. Have just sold my business so I don’t even have to get up for work today!

You lucky, lucky bstd!

Congrats!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

St George’s Day on 07:44 - Apr 23 with 2505 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Happy St. George's Day, all!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

St George’s Day on 08:04 - Apr 23 with 2446 viewsstevec

St George’s Day on 07:44 - Apr 23 by BrianMcCarthy

Happy St. George's Day, all!

Good lad. Feels like celebrating an ‘English day’ has to come with an apology these days.

Will toast its existence this evening, without fanfare, with a handful of mates in a west end pub somewhere.

Happy St George’s Day.
St George’s Day on 08:43 - Apr 23 with 2386 viewsSydneyRs

Happy St Georges day!

Have a drink or two, celebrate in your own way. I'll try to avoid all the crap social media memes that will be on display though.
St George’s Day on 09:16 - Apr 23 with 2315 viewsLblock

HSGD

Twice already today I’ve had the “he wasn’t actually English y’know” statement thrown at me.
To which I’ve said “so what?”

Every year the lack of fanfare gets worse.
Oh well.

Have a good day all

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

St George’s Day on 09:28 - Apr 23 with 2272 viewsEastR

St George’s Day on 09:16 - Apr 23 by Lblock

HSGD

Twice already today I’ve had the “he wasn’t actually English y’know” statement thrown at me.
To which I’ve said “so what?”

Every year the lack of fanfare gets worse.
Oh well.

Have a good day all

We never let the fact St Patrick was Welsh get in the way of a good bit of ri ra agus ruaile buaile

Happy St George's Day to you all who celebrate it!

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Login to get fewer ads

St George’s Day on 09:34 - Apr 23 with 2221 viewspaulparker

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

St George’s Day on 09:54 - Apr 23 with 2154 viewsHoopinEssex

Happy St George's Day everyone
St George’s Day on 11:27 - Apr 23 with 1983 viewsSonofpugwash

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

St George’s Day on 14:07 - Apr 23 with 1719 viewsNoDiddley

Just had my first Guinness, nothing like drinking your country’s finest.
St George’s Day on 14:44 - Apr 23 with 1635 viewslosethedrum

Today is also the 41st Anniversry of Rangers beating Leeds utd 1-0 to clinch promotion the the top flight 82/83 season .
I was outside the Loft that day at 12.30 (3pm kick off) attendance 19573 , the one & only time i have run on the (plastic) pitch at the end .
St George’s Day on 15:27 - Apr 23 with 1524 viewsLazyFan

I am not religious at all. But if the other home nations can get a day off work, we, the English, should also.

I know that's woke of me to want to take some time off to celebrate being English, and I appreciate that many of you are capitalists who wish people to work for the ever-depreciating market rate while inflation burns them on the other end.

I respect that you won't be hypocrites and make an exception for St George's Day and pretend that it's all different and not woke just because it's St George's Day.

zzzzzzzzzz

St George’s Day on 16:33 - Apr 23 with 1377 viewsSheffieldHoop

St George’s Day on 15:27 - Apr 23 by LazyFan

I am not religious at all. But if the other home nations can get a day off work, we, the English, should also.

I know that's woke of me to want to take some time off to celebrate being English, and I appreciate that many of you are capitalists who wish people to work for the ever-depreciating market rate while inflation burns them on the other end.

I respect that you won't be hypocrites and make an exception for St George's Day and pretend that it's all different and not woke just because it's St George's Day.

Remove St Georges day from the calendar and replace it with another Rainbow minority "day of visibility" - That's woke.

Granting additional weighting to the patron saint day of England does not meet the criteria for being woke, sorry. Application rejected.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

St George’s Day on 16:59 - Apr 23 with 1333 viewsPaddyhoops

Happy St George’s day .
St George’s Day on 17:37 - Apr 23 with 1267 viewsdutch

St George’s Day on 06:51 - Apr 23 by Gus_iom

With our country seemingly under ever greater attack from our cultural elites, a day to remember the remarkable achievements of this beautiful isle, and how the progression of time has enabled us to create a set of values and ideals that are worth defending.
We're not perfect, but actually when you look around the world, we're really not that bad.
Happy St George's Day!

Who are the cultural elites and am I a member?
St George’s Day on 17:54 - Apr 23 with 1224 viewsWatford_Ranger

St George’s Day on 15:27 - Apr 23 by LazyFan

I’m not going to say no to an extra bank holiday but it’s been celebrated for about 1100 years so not being a bank holiday probably isn’t because of that. I swear it was barely a thing 20 years or so ago.

Anyway hope everyone who did something had a nice day.
St George’s Day on 18:17 - Apr 23 with 1158 viewsKonk

St George's Day was barely acknowledged when I was a kid back in the 70's and 80's, so it's not like there's been some drive to diminish it as an event; it's generally been a bit of a non-event in my experience. I think a lot of English people look at St Patrick's day and think we should make more of SGD, but my Irish mates reckon SPD was very low key for them as kids in 70's and 80's and has largely grown in scale at home in response to the fuss made of it in the US.

If you want to celebrate SGD then crack on - I genuinely have never met anyone who has a problem with people doing that. Maybe if I lived overseas it would be something I could get a bit more excited about, but I'm not exactly sure what I should be doing to celebrate SGD; what does it involve that I don't already do most days? Eat English food? Drink English beers? Listen to English music?

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

St George’s Day on 18:27 - Apr 23 with 1107 viewskensalriser

St George’s Day on 17:37 - Apr 23 by dutch

Frankie Friday contributors and QPR supporters, that's the cultural elite in my book.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

St George’s Day on 19:04 - Apr 23 with 1027 viewsLblock

Small ragtag but very committed groups who by and large know what they’re talking about

Yep

The Elite

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

St George’s Day on 11:50 - Apr 24 with 619 viewsSheffieldHoop

St George’s Day on 17:37 - Apr 23 by dutch

Are you woke, eco-alarmist, and Marxist? Do you also really hate it when people refer to you as "the elite" ? If so, yes.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024