Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer rumours 2024 19:24 - Apr 28 with 47393 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Started already since we thumped the Yorkshire Massive so going early.

Apparently we are linked with Bosun Lawal. Celtic, on loan at Fleetwood, centre midfield or centre back. 20 years old, Irish apparently.

Feel free to add as they come in !
Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:18 - Apr 30 with 5519 viewsderbyhoop

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:40 - Apr 30 by dannyblue

Starting to come thick and fast this morning.

Amani Richards, 19, forward from Leicester, ex Arsenal.
Rocco Friel, 17, defender who's never played for Hearts.
Boson Lawal, 20, defender/midfielder from Celtic who's just done a full season at Fleetwood, Irish Nigerian.
[Post edited 30 Apr 11:42]

All 3 seem to fit stated policy. To buy young, develop and sell on.

Maybe 1 in 3 will work out.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:21 - Apr 30 with 5482 viewsBklynRanger

Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:09 - Apr 30 by E17hoop

I always recommend Newsnow at this time of year to keep on top of all the rumours:
https://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/Championship/QPR/Transfer+News

If Eze gets sold QPR's NewsNow is going to crash every 5 minutes for some time afterwards
Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:54 - Apr 30 with 5321 viewsdannyblue

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:40 - Apr 30 by BrianMcCarthy

Lawal is Irish, Danny. A Dub.

I've seen him play quite a bit for underage Irish teams and he's nearly always one of the best players on the pitch.

Ball-playing centre-half, very tall, quite quick, two-footed and tends to intercept more than tackle. I'm not sure yet whether he'd be good at the face-the ball, head-tackle-head-tackle game you sometimes need to play CB in the Championship.

Undecided on how far he can go but has always looked promising to me.

I respect your posts a lot Brian, and where you’re coming from on this.

I put Nigerian because it interested me, and being a similar age and background (Dublin) to Sinclair made me wonder if they knew each other from youth of international football. And personally I don’t mind the hyphenated nationalities. I’m half American myself even if I choose not to identify with it much.

But here’s a question? Is Ilias Chair Belgian, Moroccan, Polish or British (he can probably get the passport now if he hasn’t already)? He’s all and none of them. He’s Ilias Chair. But I think we can fairly refer to him by any of those.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 00:40 - May 1 with 4851 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:54 - Apr 30 by dannyblue

I respect your posts a lot Brian, and where you’re coming from on this.

I put Nigerian because it interested me, and being a similar age and background (Dublin) to Sinclair made me wonder if they knew each other from youth of international football. And personally I don’t mind the hyphenated nationalities. I’m half American myself even if I choose not to identify with it much.

But here’s a question? Is Ilias Chair Belgian, Moroccan, Polish or British (he can probably get the passport now if he hasn’t already)? He’s all and none of them. He’s Ilias Chair. But I think we can fairly refer to him by any of those.

Fair point, Danny. I'm English and Irish and happy to be called either.

With Lawal, though, he's been asked by the Nigerian media and the Nigerian FA about his Nationality as his parents were born in Nigeria and he's been very clear that he's Irish born and bred and would/will only play for Ireland.

Didn't know about Chair's Polish roots.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Transfer rumours 2024 on 02:57 - May 1 with 4752 viewsLazyFan

Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:40 - Apr 28 by fraserc

Celtic interested in Begovic, but didn't think we're ever that lucky:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/celtic-and-brendan-rodgers-plotting-qpr-transf

This stinks of agent fishing, putting it out there to tempt other clubs. I would be surprised if Celtic were interested. He's an average Champ goalie, great at saves, very bad at kicking.

Ruddy from Brum is out of contract and he's better. This is how we know its agent nonsense.

zzzzzzzzzz

Transfer rumours 2024 on 02:58 - May 1 with 4748 viewsLazyFan

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:40 - Apr 30 by BrianMcCarthy

Lawal is Irish, Danny. A Dub.

I've seen him play quite a bit for underage Irish teams and he's nearly always one of the best players on the pitch.

Ball-playing centre-half, very tall, quite quick, two-footed and tends to intercept more than tackle. I'm not sure yet whether he'd be good at the face-the ball, head-tackle-head-tackle game you sometimes need to play CB in the Championship.

Undecided on how far he can go but has always looked promising to me.

Lawal can play RB as well.

Why do I suspect that's where they want him? A tall RB? Sound familiar? It could be Cannon's off, then.

zzzzzzzzzz

Transfer rumours 2024 on 07:26 - May 1 with 4562 viewsGus_iom

Transfer rumours 2024 on 00:40 - May 1 by BrianMcCarthy

Fair point, Danny. I'm English and Irish and happy to be called either.

With Lawal, though, he's been asked by the Nigerian media and the Nigerian FA about his Nationality as his parents were born in Nigeria and he's been very clear that he's Irish born and bred and would/will only play for Ireland.

Didn't know about Chair's Polish roots.

It's interesting, because if you ask the question, 'What's Brian McCarthy?', my answer doesn't revolve around either English or Irish
Transfer rumours 2024 on 08:51 - May 1 with 4425 viewsdmm

Thibaud Verlinden, LM. Chair mk 2? https://getfootballnewsbene.com/schalke-04-union-st-gilloise-and-qpr-eyeing-move
Login to get fewer ads

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:38 - May 1 with 4102 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Transfer rumours 2024 on 07:26 - May 1 by Gus_iom

It's interesting, because if you ask the question, 'What's Brian McCarthy?', my answer doesn't revolve around either English or Irish

And still....I love you.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:44 - May 1 with 4068 viewsderbyhoop

Transfer rumours 2024 on 08:51 - May 1 by dmm

Thibaud Verlinden, LM. Chair mk 2? https://getfootballnewsbene.com/schalke-04-union-st-gilloise-and-qpr-eyeing-move

24 yo winger playing for Beerschot (great name) in Belgium. Had a spell with Stoke. Schalke and St Gilloise also interested.
[Post edited 1 May 11:46]

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:52 - May 1 with 4009 viewsQPR_Hibs

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:40 - Apr 30 by dannyblue

Starting to come thick and fast this morning.

Amani Richards, 19, forward from Leicester, ex Arsenal.
Rocco Friel, 17, defender who's never played for Hearts.
Boson Lawal, 20, defender/midfielder from Celtic who's just done a full season at Fleetwood, Irish Nigerian.
[Post edited 30 Apr 11:42]

Tiny piece in Daily Record about Rocco Friel

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/hearts-kid-t

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:31 - May 1 with 3750 viewsvanrrrr

Believe the CEO was part of the getfootballnews network before joining us? The french and german editions are a pretty good read and appear quite plugged in
Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:35 - May 1 with 3735 viewsMrSheen

A Boson, by god. Huzzah! Pipe him aboard.

Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:29 - May 1 with 3541 viewsLazyFan

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:52 - May 1 by QPR_Hibs

Tiny piece in Daily Record about Rocco Friel

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/hearts-kid-t

Looks like a good replacement for Kakay

zzzzzzzzzz

Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:41 - May 1 with 3482 viewsLongsufferingR

Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:27 - Apr 30 by enfieldargh

Was j j okotcha irish?

Yes, he was originally christened Jay Jay Kocha.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:49 - May 1 with 3421 viewsAndybrat

Our plumber is a Reading fan and can’t believe we didn’t get Lewis Wing as he is way too good for that division and leading scorer in League one for goals scored from outside the box. They have had a tough season and like us think they have won the golden goose by not going down.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:54 - May 1 with 3380 viewsHAYESBOY

Couple of sites stating we could be in for Luke Berry at Luton. Out of contract soon.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:55 - May 1 with 3214 viewsTonto

Marti favourite to take over at Sunderland??? Wtf?

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/next-sunderland-man

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:01 - May 1 with 3183 viewsDaBurgh

Almost impossible to read the story with the number of ads that pop up.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:07 - May 1 with 3126 viewsdmm

Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:01 - May 1 by DaBurgh

Almost impossible to read the story with the number of ads that pop up.

See how you get on with this one: https://www.londonworld.com/sport/football/qpr/qpr-transfer-interest-in-ps427k-o
Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:15 - May 1 with 3066 viewsQPRConor2000

Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:55 - May 1 by Tonto

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/next-sunderland-man

He aint going to Sunderland imo.

More likely they end up going for a more established name like Heckingbottom or Cooper.
[Post edited 1 May 16:19]
Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:53 - May 1 with 2899 viewsHoopstar

Don't think it takes a huge amount of money or idle speculation to change those next manager odds in general. Just look at the lists we've had over the years in our many managerial searches.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 17:02 - May 1 with 2848 viewsterryb

Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:55 - May 1 by Tonto

It does say that Marti had said that he isn't leaving.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 18:00 - May 1 with 2692 viewsMatch82

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:44 - May 1 by derbyhoop

24 yo winger playing for Beerschot (great name) in Belgium. Had a spell with Stoke. Schalke and St Gilloise also interested.
[Post edited 1 May 11:46]

Schalke would have been tough competition for his signature a few years ago, was shocked to see where they are now, relegation battle to drop out of the second tier of German football
Transfer rumours 2024 on 18:38 - May 1 with 2551 viewsVancouverHoop

Transfer rumours 2024 on 18:00 - May 1 by Match82

Schalke would have been tough competition for his signature a few years ago, was shocked to see where they are now, relegation battle to drop out of the second tier of German football

By attendance, they're one of the biggest clubs in Germany. A big part of the reason why 2 Bundesliga had larger average attendances than 1 Bundesliga this season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024