Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer rumours 2024 19:24 - Apr 28 with 684745 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Started already since we thumped the Yorkshire Massive so going early.

Apparently we are linked with Bosun Lawal. Celtic, on loan at Fleetwood, centre midfield or centre back. 20 years old, Irish apparently.

Feel free to add as they come in !
Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:01 - Jul 27 with 7024 viewsDWQPR

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:21 - Jul 27 by Paddyhoops

I’d have him back in a heartbeat .
Loved him him . Had his faults but we’ve been battling relegation since he left and he’s only 31.

We’ve been battling relegation since he left partly because of Warburton’s wanton gamble to try and get promotion with Austin, Johansen and Gray, partly because we replaced him with PBBC who then left us in the lurch with a bunch of signings that apart from JCS (now), were a disaster and then mainly because the worst managerial appointment in my time watching Rangers was made. But on the bright side we did replace Barbet with a player who is now attracting attention of PL teams and may provide us with a healthy few quid to fund MC’s revolution. He did his job for us and I liked him a lot. And he didn’t miss a game for the most of two seasons, but the club has moved on.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:45 - Jul 27 with 6742 viewskensalriser

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:50 - Jul 27 by Lblock

Give him a “pay as you score from a free kick deal”

He’ll be skint within six months

When was the last time we scored from a free kick?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:13 - Jul 27 with 6604 viewsPaddyhoops

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:01 - Jul 27 by DWQPR

We’ve been battling relegation since he left partly because of Warburton’s wanton gamble to try and get promotion with Austin, Johansen and Gray, partly because we replaced him with PBBC who then left us in the lurch with a bunch of signings that apart from JCS (now), were a disaster and then mainly because the worst managerial appointment in my time watching Rangers was made. But on the bright side we did replace Barbet with a player who is now attracting attention of PL teams and may provide us with a healthy few quid to fund MC’s revolution. He did his job for us and I liked him a lot. And he didn’t miss a game for the most of two seasons, but the club has moved on.

I love Jake and he’s been outstanding but we have short memories as far as he’s concerned.
He couldn’t start a sentence a couple of seasons ago never minds game of football.
Barbet wouldn’t start in this team but he’d be a decent squad player .
I loved his attitude more than anything else.
Less said about the free kicks the better.
Can’t see it happening anyway.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:05 - Jul 27 with 6364 viewsAntti_Heinola

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:01 - Jul 27 by DWQPR

Agree with almost all this but this narrative about Warburton needs to end. We were top 6 all season until late feb. It was absolutely worth a go at it. It failed, fine: but the real error was doubling down the following summer. Had we sold one or two then (and we could have done) things would have been far more manageable. De Wijs and Austin were gone in a year, Field was a great buy and we went too heavy on Johansen. I can’t believe the stick he gets for four freebies, only one of which was particularly expensive long term.
[Post edited 27 Jul 14:07]

Bare bones.

Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:21 - Jul 27 with 6280 viewsWatford_Ranger

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:45 - Jul 27 by kensalriser

When was the last time we scored from a free kick?

Chair at Sunderland?
Transfer rumours 2024 on 18:14 - Jul 27 with 5905 viewsaston_hoop

Varane not involved for Sporting Gijon today as the media in Spain are reporting we've agreed a deal now

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:32 - Jul 28 with 5246 viewsgolborne

Transfer rumours 2024 on 17:40 - Jul 26 by Antti_Heinola

Rubbish.

He had a difficult start / first 15 months, but after that was a very good player. Your memory is playing tricks on you there, he'd been imperious for some time before the head injury - well over a season. He'd been getting very good reviews well before that.

Not rubbish at all

He’s a centre half by trade and wasn’t good enough to play in a central two.
We didn’t have a CB at the club who was good enough to play in a two, and Warburtons continued faith nearly cost him his job. He looked like a gonner post the Cardiff game, but they gave him another shot, he switched to 3 against Norwich and beyond, and we never looked back for the rest of the season. Especially, once Stef and Charlie came in. Many forget that they were instrumental in the turnaround that season.

So a centre back who isn’t good enough to play in a central pairing is not a good player, or in appreciation of his service, a good fit if that makes it sound more palatable. We, and most other clubs have defensive central midfielders who can slot into a 3 when required, it’s a simple transition. A CB who can only play that way, often down to erratic decision making, is a luxury.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:41 - Jul 28 with 5175 viewsrbee

Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:05 - Jul 27 by Antti_Heinola

Agree with almost all this but this narrative about Warburton needs to end. We were top 6 all season until late feb. It was absolutely worth a go at it. It failed, fine: but the real error was doubling down the following summer. Had we sold one or two then (and we could have done) things would have been far more manageable. De Wijs and Austin were gone in a year, Field was a great buy and we went too heavy on Johansen. I can’t believe the stick he gets for four freebies, only one of which was particularly expensive long term.
[Post edited 27 Jul 14:07]

The heavy investment on Warburton was built on solid ground and our League position.

The heavy investment on Beale was built on his silver tongue, his bullshit and fairy tales.
Login to get fewer ads

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:27 - Jul 28 with 4903 viewsaston_hoop

Korean Midfielder being linked too, Jeong Ho-Yeon. Looks like another Varane type centre mid

Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:00 - Jul 28 with 4726 viewsLoftgirl

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:27 - Jul 28 by aston_hoop

Korean Midfielder being linked too, Jeong Ho-Yeon. Looks like another Varane type centre mid

Not just to sell shirts, I hope.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:32 - Jul 28 with 4541 viewsWatford_Ranger

Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:00 - Jul 28 by Loftgirl

Are the club shop looking?
Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:43 - Jul 28 with 4467 viewsbosh67

Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:32 - Jul 28 by Watford_Ranger

Are the club shop looking?

4th kit alert?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:45 - Jul 28 with 4455 viewsDavieQPR

I heard he thought it would be a good Korea move.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:54 - Jul 28 with 4394 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I can already sense some on here gangnam up on him already.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:00 - Jul 28 with 4355 viewsaston_hoop

Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:00 - Jul 28 by Loftgirl

These are different times, we don't need to sell our Seoul as a club anymore

Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:02 - Jul 28 with 4348 viewsAntti_Heinola

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:32 - Jul 28 by golborne

Not rubbish at all

He’s a centre half by trade and wasn’t good enough to play in a central two.
We didn’t have a CB at the club who was good enough to play in a two, and Warburtons continued faith nearly cost him his job. He looked like a gonner post the Cardiff game, but they gave him another shot, he switched to 3 against Norwich and beyond, and we never looked back for the rest of the season. Especially, once Stef and Charlie came in. Many forget that they were instrumental in the turnaround that season.

So a centre back who isn’t good enough to play in a central pairing is not a good player, or in appreciation of his service, a good fit if that makes it sound more palatable. We, and most other clubs have defensive central midfielders who can slot into a 3 when required, it’s a simple transition. A CB who can only play that way, often down to erratic decision making, is a luxury.

Couldn't disagree more, and suspect he'd be an excellent CB in a team like last season's team, set up correctly, with a strong CB to his right.
After a very dodgy start, his decision making was exceptional.
People said very similar things about Dickie, but then he goes to Bristol, plays in a 4, and is player of the season. Simply, in that era, all our CBs struggled in a 4, because of how the rest of the team was made up / set up.
I wouldn't have him back, mind!

Bare bones.

Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:51 - Jul 28 with 4131 viewsHayesender

That should shift a few of those lower school end season tickets. Might need some iPad charging points though

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:01 - Jul 28 with 4070 viewsWatford_Ranger

Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:45 - Jul 28 by DavieQPR

I heard he thought it would be a good Korea move.

Will have to do some Seoul searching before choosing between us and Pompey.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 17:23 - Jul 28 with 3668 viewsderbyhoop

He's likely to be cheaper than Varane. Out of contract in December and competition is from Ports,mouth rather than Metz.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Transfer rumours 2024 on 17:25 - Jul 28 with 3658 viewsBklynRanger

Linked with Celtic in December according to this, but would ideally like to move to Barcelona, or a Shepherd's Bush equivalent

https://onefootball.com/en/news/transfer-latest-jeong-ho-yeon-close-to-joining-c
Transfer rumours 2024 on 21:47 - Jul 28 with 3059 viewsHayesender

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/13238849/premiership-dundee-psg-qpr-larke

Must be another left back coming in

Transfer rumours 2024 on 22:08 - Jul 28 with 2962 viewsdmm

Transfer rumours 2024 on 21:47 - Jul 28 by Hayesender

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/13238849/premiership-dundee-psg-qpr-larke

Interesting. The only LB I can think we've been linked with is Ar’jany Martha who is a free agent after leaving Ajax.

Also, this may mean Paal stays with us.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 22:10 - Jul 28 with 2951 viewsHayesender

Transfer rumours 2024 on 22:08 - Jul 28 by dmm

Interesting. The only LB I can think we've been linked with is Ar’jany Martha who is a free agent after leaving Ajax.

Also, this may mean Paal stays with us.

Unless its Paal and Fox for the season? Maybe freeing up funds for a midfielder/attacker?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 04:17 - Jul 29 with 2542 viewsGloucs_R

Transfer rumours 2024 on 21:47 - Jul 28 by Hayesender

Fantastic loan for him and his development.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 04:27 - Jul 29 with 2536 viewsGloucs_R

Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:00 - Jul 28 by aston_hoop

These are different times, we don't need to sell our Seoul as a club anymore

QPR fan club in Korea...

R Seouls.....

Poll: Are we staying up?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024