Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer rumours 2024 19:24 - Apr 28 with 690449 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Started already since we thumped the Yorkshire Massive so going early.

Apparently we are linked with Bosun Lawal. Celtic, on loan at Fleetwood, centre midfield or centre back. 20 years old, Irish apparently.

Feel free to add as they come in !
Transfer rumours 2024 on 18:15 - Aug 5 with 7208 viewsrbee

Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:31 - Aug 5 by dmm

I quite like Bowler but didn't someone on here recently say he is known to have an attitude problem?

Four clubs in the past two years none of which seem to want to sign him on a permanent basis so a loan would be the way to go.

I very much doubt Christian Nourry would bring anyone in to the club with attitude problems.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 18:46 - Aug 5 with 6961 viewslassel

Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:37 - Aug 5 by Antti_Heinola

Lassel is convinced we're selling Chair, so that is pretty chilling.
If he does go we really do need two quite big, successful attacking signings, even if one is a loan.

Important to state it’s ultimately only my opinion that Chair will go later in the window but I think everyone was scarred enough by last season to not want to get into that situation again by missing the chance to cash in a decent fee.

If he goes I’m sure Belk will have a couple lined up to replace Chair and Willock.

My suspicion is everyone will need to keep calm and carry on during August and our business will be late in the window.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:09 - Aug 5 with 6792 viewsaston_hoop

Andre Dozzell has joined Pompey

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:21 - Aug 5 with 6625 viewsaston_hoop

Also, we're pushing hard for Jesurun Rak-Sakyi still apparently. Have a good word Ebere, you know it makes sense

Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:36 - Aug 5 with 6478 viewsrichpr

Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:09 - Aug 5 by aston_hoop

That's them down then
Transfer rumours 2024 on 20:24 - Aug 5 with 6091 viewsdmm

So Sheff Utd didn't want him after all. The Pompey fans won't suffer Dozzell's laissez faire approach to football for very long.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 21:03 - Aug 5 with 5760 viewsdannyblue

He only got a 1+1 deal according to the Beeb, so suggests they know it's a gamble. Must sting a bit even if he's glad to remain in the champ.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 22:53 - Aug 5 with 5188 viewsaston_hoop

Might get to see Frabotta after all on Saturday then....looks like he's joining WBA instead

Login to get fewer ads

Transfer rumours 2024 on 23:04 - Aug 5 with 5090 viewsLblock

See mention of Hodge above

Wolverhampton Wanderers midfielder Joe Hodge is in talks with League One side Huddersfield Town about a potential loan move, but Scottish side Hibernian are also interested in the 21-year-old Republic of Ireland player. (Express and Star)

I never saw the hype after his first touch goal
Great attitude but didn’t ever really cut it
Hope he makes it as seems a decent young chap

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Transfer rumours 2024 on 23:07 - Aug 5 with 5052 viewsGus_iom

Where he joins Jordan Archer.
Pompey going down the Birmingham route.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 23:26 - Aug 5 with 4934 viewsHunterhoop

Transfer rumours 2024 on 23:04 - Aug 5 by Lblock

See mention of Hodge above

Wolverhampton Wanderers midfielder Joe Hodge is in talks with League One side Huddersfield Town about a potential loan move, but Scottish side Hibernian are also interested in the 21-year-old Republic of Ireland player. (Express and Star)

I never saw the hype after his first touch goal
Great attitude but didn’t ever really cut it
Hope he makes it as seems a decent young chap

I liked him. I did see something there. He’s not exactly what we need now (wide forwards who are preferably quick) but as someone to play 10 and interchange with Anderson I think he could be a good option. He had a very tidy touch, made some good runs, and had a decent pass on him. Think he struggled a bit off the ball. He’s not a 6, even though that was his apparent position, much like Iroegbunam.

Good luck to him though.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 00:41 - Aug 6 with 4632 viewsGloucs_R

The Italian left back is joining WBA by the look of it.

Does that mean we can't offload Paal?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 06:53 - Aug 6 with 4269 viewsdmm

Transfer rumours 2024 on 00:41 - Aug 6 by Gloucs_R

Offloading Paal isn't dependent on Frabotta coming in - and I think Owen Beck would be better anyway. Finding an acceptable taker is the key now that Watford seem to be out of the picture.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:00 - Aug 6 with 3726 viewsdmm

Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:21 - Aug 5 by aston_hoop

Also, we're pushing hard for Jesurun Rak-Sakyi still apparently. Have a good word Ebere, you know it makes sense

If the clickbait sites are to be believed - as if - we've submitted a 'competitive offer' for Rak-Sakyi and are very much in the race for his loan deal. It would be a great effort if we did get him as he seems a very exciting prospect and just what we need.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:15 - Aug 6 with 3631 viewseghamranger

Man City sold Alvarez so they need a replacement and have 81 million burning a hole in their pockets.

Eze?
Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:02 - Aug 6 with 3258 viewsbosh67

Transfer rumours 2024 on 00:41 - Aug 6 by Gloucs_R

Well the good news is that Frabotta will be at Loftus Road this Saturday. The bad news is that it looks like he'll be playing for WBA.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:06 - Aug 6 with 3192 viewsbosh67

I see we are also after Kieron Bowie from Fulham. Seemed to have a decent 2 year spell at Northampton scoring 14 goals over the 2 seasons. The only problem I can see is that at this level Bowie is an absolute beginner.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:15 - Aug 6 with 3099 views89_50

I can't remember if I read it here or heard it elsewhere, but for clubs like us, the aim needs to be raising the floor rather than the ceiling this summer.

Obviously, we'd all like to go out and buy high-quality players and challenge for promotion, but it's more beneficial to raise the overall standard of the squad by closing the gap within our ranks so Marti can rotate without fear of a drop-off.

Given who we've brought in so far, I'd say that we're largely doing that. Then, if there's budget and opportunity towards the end of the window, should we be looking for the 'game-changing' players.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:34 - Aug 6 with 2868 viewsLazyFan

Paal has to go as hes on his last year. The manager suggests he will be sold.

Dunne we fans want to stay after showing he can compete against Prem wingers twice. But has he signed a new contract? Does Norf know? Is Norf really in the Norf? And is Winter coming?

Parlarse right-winger Rak-Sakyi tore up L1 last season, just like Eze and Chair did when they were loaned down there. But he is unproven in the Champ; if he were, we would not get him. It's possible if they sell Eze, then they can do some financial jiggery pokery with us if we loan him in. Looks like a good player and could be our temp Willock replacement. More of a traditional winger than a ball carrying winger like Willock.

The club is doing the right thing, getting in a creative player as Chair is out, with Willock gone its all on Andersens tired legs. It could be that we get Rak-Sakyi in this week. He could start against WBA and then Smyth can play on the left. Paal would like that as he would get some protection for a change.

I still think we need one more creative player and then if we had some funds from sales, possibly a mythical forward. At least the club have now sorted out the keeper to midfield positions (baring a replacement reserves LB). If we get those creative players in, then I would say we have had a very good transfer window. But as we know with QPR that's a big if and we are only a few injuries away from being in trouble.

zzzzzzzzzz

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:40 - Aug 6 with 2778 viewsdmm

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:15 - Aug 6 by eghamranger

Man City sold Alvarez so they need a replacement and have 81 million burning a hole in their pockets.

Eze?

Alvarez is more a striker though isn't he? Should Citeh want a like for like replacement, Eze doesn't fit the bill. That said, we can still hope.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:42 - Aug 6 with 2756 viewsEastR

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:06 - Aug 6 by bosh67

I see we are also after Kieron Bowie from Fulham. Seemed to have a decent 2 year spell at Northampton scoring 14 goals over the 2 seasons. The only problem I can see is that at this level Bowie is an absolute beginner.

Bit early to be sticking the knife like that into his scoring record

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:49 - Aug 6 with 2650 viewsBristolR

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:06 - Aug 6 by bosh67

That’s all very well but can he handle a cold Tuesday night up at Suffragette City?

TAXI!!
Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:19 - Aug 6 with 2425 viewsLoyalitat

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:34 - Aug 6 by LazyFan

Paal has to go as hes on his last year. The manager suggests he will be sold.

Dunne we fans want to stay after showing he can compete against Prem wingers twice. But has he signed a new contract? Does Norf know? Is Norf really in the Norf? And is Winter coming?

Parlarse right-winger Rak-Sakyi tore up L1 last season, just like Eze and Chair did when they were loaned down there. But he is unproven in the Champ; if he were, we would not get him. It's possible if they sell Eze, then they can do some financial jiggery pokery with us if we loan him in. Looks like a good player and could be our temp Willock replacement. More of a traditional winger than a ball carrying winger like Willock.

The club is doing the right thing, getting in a creative player as Chair is out, with Willock gone its all on Andersens tired legs. It could be that we get Rak-Sakyi in this week. He could start against WBA and then Smyth can play on the left. Paal would like that as he would get some protection for a change.

I still think we need one more creative player and then if we had some funds from sales, possibly a mythical forward. At least the club have now sorted out the keeper to midfield positions (baring a replacement reserves LB). If we get those creative players in, then I would say we have had a very good transfer window. But as we know with QPR that's a big if and we are only a few injuries away from being in trouble.

At this level Smyth is woeful on the left when going forward and attempting to take on defenders. He cannot manipulate the ball in the manner of Chris Willock and his play is very predictable.

Rak-Sakyi barely played any football last season. His spell in division one was the season before last.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:22 - Aug 6 with 2387 viewsbosh67

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:19 - Aug 6 by Loyalitat

At this level Smyth is woeful on the left when going forward and attempting to take on defenders. He cannot manipulate the ball in the manner of Chris Willock and his play is very predictable.

Rak-Sakyi barely played any football last season. His spell in division one was the season before last.

I think other people have said it but Smyth operates better down the left as he did at Orient, rather than down the right. It's seemingly Marti that wants him to play on the right wing.

Never knowingly right.

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:23 - Aug 6 with 2376 viewsdannyblue

It would be profligate to sign another striker unless someone leaves. We now have 3 for 1 spot.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024