Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Armstrong extended 10:01 - Jun 12 with 17101 viewsloftboy

Great news

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2024/june/12/sinclair-armstrong-contract-extended/
[Post edited 12 Jun 10:08]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Armstrong extended on 10:02 - Jun 12 with 4988 viewsGaryBannister86

Stretch?
Armstrong extended on 10:08 - Jun 12 with 4910 viewsBrianMcCarthy

He'll rack up the goals now?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Armstrong extended on 10:10 - Jun 12 with 4890 viewsthehat

I read that as we have just exercised our season long option and he has not signed an extension.

Maybe I'm wrong.
Armstrong extended on 10:15 - Jun 12 with 4828 viewsCateLeBonR

Armstrong extended on 10:08 - Jun 12 by BrianMcCarthy

He'll rack up the goals now?

In a humble kind of way!
Armstrong extended on 10:17 - Jun 12 with 4805 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Armstrong extended on 10:15 - Jun 12 by CateLeBonR

In a humble kind of way!

...or he'll be pilloried.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Armstrong extended on 10:32 - Jun 12 with 4670 viewsNed_Kennedys

Armstrong extended on 10:10 - Jun 12 by thehat

I read that as we have just exercised our season long option and he has not signed an extension.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Yeah the club have exercised their one year extension clause. No quotes from Armstrong at all either. Could develop into another Willock scenario.
Armstrong extended on 10:37 - Jun 12 with 4614 viewsDiscodroids

Armstrong extended on 10:02 - Jun 12 by GaryBannister86

Stretch?

Brings back memeories. I would make my stretch armstrong fight a nude Oscar Goldman and steve austin action figures for some reason.

I probably belong on a segregation wing pushing the tea urn in double denim with a yellow stripe on my strides.

Anyone have this geezer back in the day?, i did. so glad i took his clothes off and made him fight to the death with my eagle eye action man in the bath and ruined him ... £150-£200!

----------------------------------

Sorry went down the rabbit hole there..

Glad Armstrong has signed. Fully clothed or naked i like the cut of his jib.
[Post edited 12 Jun 10:51]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Armstrong extended on 10:37 - Jun 12 with 4625 viewsAntti_Heinola

Armstrong extended on 10:32 - Jun 12 by Ned_Kennedys

Yeah the club have exercised their one year extension clause. No quotes from Armstrong at all either. Could develop into another Willock scenario.

i doubt many clubs will be queuing up at the moment tbh.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Armstrong extended on 11:11 - Jun 12 with 4395 viewsNW11R

The way I read it, we have tried (and failed) to secure him to a longer term deal and have triggered the extension with the view to selling him this summer. If we cannot tie him down to a longer deal, surely we have to sell now to recoup something?
Armstrong extended on 11:29 - Jun 12 with 4283 viewsdm97

If he’s not signing a long term extension need to be selling. Not going to make a difference in terms of next season performance (compared to eg Willock second half of last season).

Another one who is clearly getting terrible advice, not sure where they think he’s heading
Armstrong extended on 11:31 - Jun 12 with 4277 viewsconnell10

Armstrong extended on 11:11 - Jun 12 by NW11R

The way I read it, we have tried (and failed) to secure him to a longer term deal and have triggered the extension with the view to selling him this summer. If we cannot tie him down to a longer deal, surely we have to sell now to recoup something?

That's the way I'm reading it , probably get sweet FA for him.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Armstrong extended on 12:05 - Jun 12 with 4054 viewsMedwayR

Armstrong extended on 11:11 - Jun 12 by NW11R

Who's going to pay money for him, his stats are awful and despite taking great strides he's still incredibly raw. On a free, someone might give him a 2-3 year contract on the off chance he develops but as things stand he seems more suited to American Football. Next season is a big one for him, he needs to prove himself.

Poll: Who’s better?

Armstrong extended on 12:16 - Jun 12 with 3982 viewsbosh67

Armstrong extended on 11:31 - Jun 12 by connell10

That's the way I'm reading it , probably get sweet FA for him.

I guess it is a question of if he is contracted for another year we either try and tie him down or sell him for something in the new year, rather than watch him walk away right now for nothing anyway.

On a plus note, hopefully under Marti he continues to improve. I love his attitude, I love his passion for playing but he still needs to prove that he really can score goals regularly or be the kind of player that can create chances for others. I think the jury is out on whether he can be as good as we all hope he can be.

But good that he is here for now.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Armstrong extended on 12:17 - Jun 12 with 3975 viewsstevec

Armstrong extended on 12:05 - Jun 12 by MedwayR

Who's going to pay money for him, his stats are awful and despite taking great strides he's still incredibly raw. On a free, someone might give him a 2-3 year contract on the off chance he develops but as things stand he seems more suited to American Football. Next season is a big one for him, he needs to prove himself.

Exactly, should be another able bodied bench seater we much need.

My concern is we might be thinking of throwing another season out the window with the Dykes-Armstrong-Kolli trilogy in place.

I hope not.
Armstrong extended on 12:41 - Jun 12 with 3838 viewsslmrstid

Am I right in thinking that at his age even if he left on a free at the end of a contract, any club picking him up would have to pay some level of compensation for him?

Willock a bit different as he's mid-20s now.
Armstrong extended on 12:42 - Jun 12 with 3832 viewsWatford_Ranger

Armstrong extended on 12:17 - Jun 12 by stevec

Exactly, should be another able bodied bench seater we much need.

My concern is we might be thinking of throwing another season out the window with the Dykes-Armstrong-Kolli trilogy in place.

I hope not.

Don’t forget that big ogre who scored against Norwich. I’ve honestly forgotten the bloke’s name but his cameo at Bristol City gave me hope I can still have a career.
Armstrong extended on 13:26 - Jun 12 with 3527 viewsNorthernr

Yeh, the agent has... high expectations.
Armstrong extended on 13:30 - Jun 12 with 3485 viewsBklynRanger

I'm far less worried about what this means than I would've been 6 months ago.

As the team has steadily improved post-Marti's introduction I've seen Armstrong as the player who was most clearly struggling to keep up with those improvements. A good, if very short, example was when he came on at the end against Leeds. Couldn't stay onside, couldn't trap the ball, couldn't lay it off.

Earlier in the season he was one of the brighter sparks in what was often a terrible performance, but his rawness hasn't diminished at all this season, to my eyes anyway.

Would be happy for him to stay and develop, but if he's asking for too much I'd cut him lose or at the very least call his advisors' bluff.
Armstrong extended on 13:37 - Jun 12 with 3438 viewsBurnleyhoop

Armstrong extended on 10:37 - Jun 12 by Antti_Heinola

i doubt many clubs will be queuing up at the moment tbh.

The jury remains well and truly out for me. Awful lot to prove this coming season.

A new striker is an absolute must, ideally signed prior to the start of pre-season and not with minutes remaining before the proverbial window slams shut.
Armstrong extended on 13:41 - Jun 12 with 3409 viewsLandshark

Armstrong extended on 13:26 - Jun 12 by Northernr

Yeh, the agent has... high expectations.

If anyone is advising him that he has the ability to play at a higher level than QPR they need to have their agent license revoked
Armstrong extended on 13:42 - Jun 12 with 3396 viewsbosh67

Armstrong extended on 13:37 - Jun 12 by Burnleyhoop

The jury remains well and truly out for me. Awful lot to prove this coming season.

A new striker is an absolute must, ideally signed prior to the start of pre-season and not with minutes remaining before the proverbial window slams shut.

You do realise this is QPR? It'll be Kerry Dixon half way through the season.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Armstrong extended on 13:44 - Jun 12 with 3389 viewsNorthernr

Armstrong extended on 13:42 - Jun 12 by bosh67

You do realise this is QPR? It'll be Kerry Dixon half way through the season.

Well we could do with a new penalty taker.
Armstrong extended on 13:55 - Jun 12 with 3290 viewsessextaxiboy

Armstrong extended on 13:44 - Jun 12 by Northernr

Well we could do with a new penalty taker.

Colback would be my penalty taker
Armstrong extended on 13:57 - Jun 12 with 3272 viewsMedwayR

Armstrong extended on 13:55 - Jun 12 by essextaxiboy

Colback would be my penalty taker

He'd get booked for kicking the ball away.

Poll: Who’s better?

Armstrong extended on 14:11 - Jun 12 with 3153 viewsRangersw12

Like Dunne he needs to sign a new contract or we have to try and sell him this summer
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024