Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Games abroad 16:17 - Jul 26 with 3128 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Thanks Mr Khan. But, I'm not so sure it is inevitable.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/article/2024/jul/26/premier-league-games-be
Games abroad on 16:35 - Jul 26 with 2661 viewsDaBurgh

I would think that as the mayor of London maybe he should be focusing on making London more accessible, less expensive and generally more welcoming for tourist to come and watch a game and enjoy the sites. Maybe get local hotels to offer a football package weekend. Perhaps during off season get get local clubs to offer special priced tours. How about getting 'traditional' pubs near grounds to offer a pre game lunch before seeing a live match.
Come on Mr. Khan, I know you visit this site, as mayor surely it must be your job to promote London and entice more visitors. Flipping 'eck it' s not rocket science. Engage brain before making stupid statements.
Games abroad on 16:44 - Jul 26 with 2574 viewsSheffieldHoop

Games abroad on 16:35 - Jul 26 by DaBurgh

I would think that as the mayor of London maybe he should be focusing on making London more accessible, less expensive and generally more welcoming for tourist to come and watch a game and enjoy the sites. Maybe get local hotels to offer a football package weekend. Perhaps during off season get get local clubs to offer special priced tours. How about getting 'traditional' pubs near grounds to offer a pre game lunch before seeing a live match.
Come on Mr. Khan, I know you visit this site, as mayor surely it must be your job to promote London and entice more visitors. Flipping 'eck it' s not rocket science. Engage brain before making stupid statements.

There is no shortage of tourists coming to London to watch Premier League football, this is evidenced by the recent decisions by Spurs, West Ham, Fulham to increase ticket prices and/or remove concessions.

Khan is not our friend, I would go as far as saying that Khan despises the "legacy football fan type" - Hence all that stuff around the Euro final even tho we all saw it wasn't "legacy football fan types" causing the aggro. A sign of the times.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Games abroad on 17:08 - Jul 26 with 2505 viewsTonto

Games abroad on 16:44 - Jul 26 by SheffieldHoop

There is no shortage of tourists coming to London to watch Premier League football, this is evidenced by the recent decisions by Spurs, West Ham, Fulham to increase ticket prices and/or remove concessions.

Khan is not our friend, I would go as far as saying that Khan despises the "legacy football fan type" - Hence all that stuff around the Euro final even tho we all saw it wasn't "legacy football fan types" causing the aggro. A sign of the times.

Has anyone read the article? It's behind a pay wall so I haven't. Or are you just basing your opinion ions on political bias based on the headline?

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: How was the transfer window for you?

Games abroad on 17:13 - Jul 26 with 2452 viewsSheffieldHoop

Games abroad on 17:08 - Jul 26 by Tonto

Has anyone read the article? It's behind a pay wall so I haven't. Or are you just basing your opinion ions on political bias based on the headline?

The Guardian has been paywalled? Unlikely. They're of the begging variety, you just say no to their beg and they show you their tits anyway.

Was more replying to DaBurgh tbh - And my opinion on Khan is based upon living under his rule for the last 7 years? Is that allowed, or do I need to read what the Guardian thinks of him first? Thanks

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Games abroad on 17:15 - Jul 26 with 2487 viewsNed_Kennedys

Games abroad on 17:08 - Jul 26 by Tonto

I’ve read the article: it’s not behind a paywall.
Confirms what I already think about Khan.
Games abroad on 17:37 - Jul 26 with 2375 viewsNewBee

Whatever Khan thinks, I'm not so sure this will go ahead, at least not any time soon.

For we all saw how chastened the Big Six owners were when their own fans demonstrated to stop their precious European Super League within days. (Remember, these were the same fans whose own clubs would have formed The Chosen Few, yet still they kicked up merry hell.)

I could foresee the same at the first two clubs to announce such a game.

And all that's before the new government sets up the promised Regulator. For whatever Starmer et al may feel personally, they're never going to risk alienating a sizeable percentage of the population, heavily concentrated in Labout-voting areas.

Meaning a government ban on such games would be a vote earner at no cost to themselves.
[Post edited 26 Jul 17:38]
Games abroad on 17:55 - Jul 26 with 2332 viewsjoe90

The worst thing about this is that he supports Liverpool.
Games abroad on 18:13 - Jul 26 with 2274 viewsnick_hammersmith

Games abroad on 17:55 - Jul 26 by joe90

£33 per day for me to commute the 19 miles into town now.
It's actually cheaper for me to drive and park, Kahn hasn't got a clue
Login to get fewer ads

Games abroad on 18:15 - Jul 26 with 2267 viewsGhost_on_the_Westway

I saw today that North Battersea played Wrexham in the states this week.
What an utter, total joke that is.
I hate football.
Games abroad on 18:29 - Jul 26 with 2196 viewsWatford_Ranger

It will happen. They’ll start with the Community Shield but it will eventually be a Prem game some way or another. Spain will do it before we do. Already had the ‘Supercup’ in Riyadh.
[Post edited 26 Jul 18:31]
Games abroad on 18:53 - Jul 26 with 2116 viewsRanger_Things

It’s a terrible idea but I think he is right and it will happen.
Games abroad on 19:08 - Jul 26 with 2098 viewsStJude82

Khan is actively trying to be a Batman villain. Only more of a joke.
Games abroad on 20:18 - Jul 26 with 1985 viewsNed_Kennedys

Games abroad on 19:08 - Jul 26 by StJude82

Khan is actively trying to be a Batman villain. Only more of a joke.

He is sucking up to the US sport franchises to encourage them to play more matches in London which will no doubt earn a lot of people a lot of money.
Thinks he’s a miniature Don King.
Games abroad on 20:35 - Jul 26 with 1942 viewskensalriser

Games abroad on 18:13 - Jul 26 by nick_hammersmith

£33 per day for me to commute the 19 miles into town now.
It's actually cheaper for me to drive and park, Kahn hasn't got a clue

The Mayor doesn't control train fares outside London. Do you think public transport fares should be further subsidised from taxes and/or supplemental charges on vehicles?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Games abroad on 20:42 - Jul 26 with 1923 viewsDorse

I'm on board with it if we can just send Chelsea to play in Iran. Forever. Then bulldoze Stamford Bridge. And salt the earth.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Games abroad on 21:06 - Jul 26 with 1864 viewsqpr_1968

football league games will never work abroard, it will never happen.....

unless they are talking about that super league when 6 or 7 teams from england are invited to join, then thats a different matter.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Games abroad on 21:31 - Jul 26 with 1786 viewsStanisgod

Games abroad on 20:35 - Jul 26 by kensalriser

The Mayor doesn't control train fares outside London. Do you think public transport fares should be further subsidised from taxes and/or supplemental charges on vehicles?

Funny that, because when I asked my friendly C to C train CEO why my travelcard from Basildon had gone up from £12.40 to £17.45 last March he blamed TFL.
I normally go on my own so train a no brainer but when I go with my son and grandson we now drive and go halves on petrol and car park, costs half.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Games abroad on 23:00 - Jul 26 with 1651 viewskensalriser

Games abroad on 21:31 - Jul 26 by Stanisgod

Funny that, because when I asked my friendly C to C train CEO why my travelcard from Basildon had gone up from £12.40 to £17.45 last March he blamed TFL.
I normally go on my own so train a no brainer but when I go with my son and grandson we now drive and go halves on petrol and car park, costs half.

"The Mayor only has the power to set fares on TfL services. Travelcard prices and daily and weekly caps are set with the train operating companies, and reflect the government’s rail fare policy."

https://www.london.gov.uk/programmes-strategies/transport/freezing-transport-lon

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Games abroad on 07:37 - Jul 27 with 1419 viewsstevec

Games abroad on 17:55 - Jul 26 by joe90

How very very predictable that the little shit would support the Scousers.
Games abroad on 09:00 - Jul 27 with 1322 viewslondonscottish

Games abroad on 07:37 - Jul 27 by stevec

How very very predictable that the little shit would support the Scousers.

WTAF?? The little tw*t was born in Tooting.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Games abroad on 12:42 - Jul 27 with 1200 viewsdaveB

part of the attraction of watching games in other leagues is seeing it in their stadium, I'm not sure seeing Real madrid v Barcelona would be the same in New York, If I was American I'd rather see it at the Nour Camp or in Madrid which is more than possible these days
Games abroad on 13:01 - Jul 27 with 1160 viewscolinallcars

Man U will be travelling 13k miles for their pre-season games, one of
the games is only as far as Scotland but they'll fly anyway. Hope it makes their arms tired.
I think some league games are bound to be played abroad.
As for Khan, yes I voted for him but really for the Labour candidate who unhappilly was of course, him.
Games abroad on 13:27 - Jul 27 with 1091 viewsAntti_Heinola

I’m not sure how much i care about a prem game being played in America tbh.

I don’t agree with Khan on this, although he’s been a fine mayor, but I do see the argument that big clubs have long courted the foreign markets through sponsorship, ownership, signings and tours. Agree with the poster above that for me going to see a big euro game is about visiting the bernabeu or the nou camp or whatever, but equally, giving fans the opportunity of seeing a competitive game in their own country would be attractive to those fans, who spend a lot of money following their English team. The EPL has courted this as I’ve said. Khan is proffering an opinion, but he’s got zero influence over it.
Given the fuss on here at not being able to go to Spain to watch s couple of training matches, i thought more people might be happy about this prospect? (TIC)

Bare bones.

Games abroad on 13:54 - Jul 27 with 1035 viewsMick_S

Feck it. Just let them do it.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Games abroad on 15:32 - Jul 27 with 974 viewsWegerles_Stairs

He really is an oleaginous little toad. The sooner the big clubs form the Super League the better, as then they can play wherever the hell they like. I imagine they'll end up playing most games in Saudi as they'll offer the most money.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024