Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jimmy Dunne - our third choice keeper 12:55 - Sep 27 with 4669 viewsMyke

Following on from Gavin Bazunu’s withdrawal from the Irish squad, Jimmy Dunne is officially registered as our third choice keeper!! Amateur hour. Nothing has changed since Saipan. Also I presume it means Jimmy now has no realistic chance of getting a game although not sure how that works.
This is purely a football comment, so please don’t hijack it into a political thread that I didn’t intend and I am absolutely certain Clive does not want.
1
Jimmy Dunne - our third choice keeper on 13:14 - Sep 27 with 3338 viewsnumptydumpty

The question, that comes to mind then, was Jimmy seen as fit enough to play an active outfield role, if required, but if he was not, then was he just selected a la Jordan Henderson, as simply a positive and supportive voice in the changing room.

Aka the right sort....
[Post edited 27 Sep 13:15]

"Walking in a Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Main Reason you started following QPR ??

0
Jimmy Dunne - our third choice keeper on 13:38 - Sep 27 with 3220 viewsBristolR

Is there a rule stopping him from coming on? I mean, it’s OK for an outfield player to play in goal in case of injury, could it not work the other way?

Sad to hear that Jimmy is getting shite on X for this (I’m not on it so have no idea why, fcking mouthbreathing chicken children no doubt)
0
Jimmy Dunne - our third choice keeper on 13:40 - Sep 27 with 3215 viewsParkRoyalR

Jimmy who?
0
Jimmy Dunne - our third choice keeper on 14:13 - Sep 27 with 3121 viewsCLAREMAN1995

What experience if any does Jimmy have between the sticks and what are the chances the other 2 keepers get injured /pullout pretty much zero I suspect .
Why is he even in the squad if he is not getting a chance to establish himself as a defender its a waste of his time .
[Post edited 27 Sep 14:38]
0
Jimmy Dunne - our third choice keeper on 14:22 - Sep 27 with 3081 viewskensalriser

Jimmy Dunne - our third choice keeper on 14:13 - Sep 27 by CLAREMAN1995

What experience if any does Jimmy have between the sticks and what are the chances the other 2 keepers get injured /pullout pretty much zero I suspect .
Why is he even in the squad if he is not getting a chance to establish himself as a defender its a waste of his time .
[Post edited 27 Sep 14:38]


"This is purely a football comment, so please don’t hijack it into a political thread that I didn’t intend and I am absolutely certain Clive does not want. "

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

0
Jimmy Dunne - our third choice keeper on 14:51 - Sep 27 with 2990 viewsPaddyhoops

The FAI were never fit for purpose.
Ever.
2
Jimmy Dunne - our third choice keeper on 15:06 - Sep 27 with 2929 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Well, that's the post-Pierce Charles conundrum sorted. And with Jimmy just about to turn 29, he's coming into his prime goalkeeping years.

Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

6
Jimmy Dunne - our third choice keeper on 15:45 - Sep 27 with 2788 viewscolinallcars

This match should be cancelled. They themselves have made it political, they don't need us.
1
Login to get fewer ads

Jimmy Dunne - our third choice keeper on 16:13 - Sep 27 with 2698 viewsGroveR

Jimmy Dunne - our third choice keeper on 14:51 - Sep 27 by Paddyhoops

The FAI were never fit for purpose.
Ever.


1000000%

It's one thing your own nation knowing you're clueless gowls but another proving it internationally.
0
Jimmy Dunne - our third choice keeper on 16:40 - Sep 27 with 2587 viewsQPunkR

Jimmy was in the 26 but didn't make the cut for the Final 23 due to another knock AFAIK, but was drafted in as 3rd choice keeper as UEFA rules stipulate that you need three keepers in a match day squad

Shit but local

1
Jimmy Dunne - our third choice keeper on 17:48 - Sep 27 with 2406 viewsWatfordR

Jimmy Dunne - our third choice keeper on 14:51 - Sep 27 by Paddyhoops

The FAI were never fit for purpose.
Ever.


You are completely correct of course, but the responsibility here lies at government level in my opinion. It is a source of national shame that the Israel fixtures will take place. and history will not judge the abandonment of moral integrity kindly.
2
Jimmy Dunne - our third choice keeper on 18:37 - Sep 27 with 2282 viewsTomS

Is there no end to his talents?

I know there are ongoing comparisons between himself and Alan McDonald, but I recall Alan actually played in goal once upon a time, late in his career.
1
Jimmy Dunne - our third choice keeper on 18:41 - Sep 27 with 2271 viewsconnell10

Jimmy Dunne - our third choice keeper on 18:37 - Sep 27 by TomS

Is there no end to his talents?

I know there are ongoing comparisons between himself and Alan McDonald, but I recall Alan actually played in goal once upon a time, late in his career.


Wasn't he playing for Swindon against us ?

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

2
Jimmy Dunne - our third choice keeper on 19:13 - Sep 27 with 2192 viewsGroveR

Looks like Handsy Ryan is starting at left back.
0
Jimmy Dunne - our third choice keeper on 19:40 - Sep 27 with 2137 viewsTomS

Jimmy Dunne - our third choice keeper on 18:41 - Sep 27 by connell10

Wasn't he playing for Swindon against us ?


Yep
0
Jimmy Dunne - our third choice keeper on 19:47 - Sep 27 with 2120 viewsbosh67

Jimmy Dunne - our third choice keeper on 15:06 - Sep 27 by PlanetHonneywood

Well, that's the post-Pierce Charles conundrum sorted. And with Jimmy just about to turn 29, he's coming into his prime goalkeeping years.


Yes and this potentially means if we do the same here that we can push Charles up into the midfield as the playmaker!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

3
Jimmy Dunne - our third choice keeper on 20:18 - Sep 27 with 2044 viewsGroveR

The Irish Jack Moylan is way better than the Cardiff Jack Moylan
0
Jimmy Dunne - our third choice keeper on 20:38 - Sep 27 with 1981 viewsdmm

Ireland doing the business. 3-0 up at HT. Lovely.
3
Jimmy Dunne - our third choice keeper on 20:49 - Sep 27 with 1941 viewsWatfordR

Jimmy Dunne - our third choice keeper on 20:38 - Sep 27 by dmm

Ireland doing the business. 3-0 up at HT. Lovely.


IMO mate, they could win 13-0 and it doesn't matter. Irish international football is dead and I've no interest in it or following it anymore.
-2
Jimmy Dunne - our third choice keeper on 21:01 - Sep 27 with 1903 viewscolinallcars

There's a famous picture of England players doing the nazi salute before a game v Germany in, I think 1936.
They clearly didn't want to but were ordered by the powers that were.
1
Jimmy Dunne - our third choice keeper on 21:07 - Sep 27 with 1887 viewsBristolR

Jimmy Dunne - our third choice keeper on 21:01 - Sep 27 by colinallcars

There's a famous picture of England players doing the nazi salute before a game v Germany in, I think 1936.
They clearly didn't want to but were ordered by the powers that were.


I think that was Chelsea in their away strip , Col
7
Jimmy Dunne - our third choice keeper on 21:37 - Sep 27 with 1765 viewsWatford_Ranger

Really poor this speaking from an Israel perspective. Like watching a Russell Martin team with and without the ball. Fair play to the Irish team who were clearly well up for it and manager who picked the right XI after that abomination the other night.
0
Jimmy Dunne - our third choice keeper on 21:50 - Sep 27 with 1741 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I didn't watch it, I didn't think the games should have gone ahead, but those are just my views and I respect other views as well.

My main feeling is that I'm not going to criticise anyone for any of this - it's just human beings trying to make decisions.
One more game to go next Sunday, and let's hope everyone is still safe then.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

10
Jimmy Dunne - our third choice keeper on 10:05 - Sep 28 with 1149 viewsWatfordR

Jimmy Dunne - our third choice keeper on 21:50 - Sep 27 by BrianMcCarthy

I didn't watch it, I didn't think the games should have gone ahead, but those are just my views and I respect other views as well.

My main feeling is that I'm not going to criticise anyone for any of this - it's just human beings trying to make decisions.
One more game to go next Sunday, and let's hope everyone is still safe then.


I guess I should be clear, I'm don't have any problem with the manager, coaches or players who participated in the game. Imo, it should never have been left to them to make a decision.

As suggested above, the FAI are not fit for purpose, and completely washed their hands of any responsibility for any of this, pretty much on the basis of "we don't know how we might be punished if we don't fulfil the fixtures". Well, Man City have broken the rules hundreds of times over 10 years ago and still remain to be punished. Of course, in world footballing terms, Ireland are not Man City, but then this is not about cheating. I think the FAI could have taken the decision not to play, and let UEFA sweat over how to handle it. It might even have been the case that others, maybe Austria and or/maybe Kosovo would have followed. But self interest prevailed.

As I said above, it's the government who could have shown leadership, made it easier for the FAI to defend themselves, by saying we will instruct the FAI not to fulfil the fixtures. It's very easy for politicians all over the world to use words like genocide, to talk the talk and not walk the walk. Yeah there would no doubt be all sorts of consequences threatened, financial, economic, whatever else. But sometimes, you have got to do the right thing.

I have in the back of my mind the oft used phrase when you play that you are "representing your country". I really find it hard to believe that playing against Israel represented the wishes of the majority of Irish people.
1
Jimmy Dunne - our third choice keeper on 10:44 - Sep 28 with 1066 viewsBeckenhamhoop

Jimmy Dunne - our third choice keeper on 10:05 - Sep 28 by WatfordR

I guess I should be clear, I'm don't have any problem with the manager, coaches or players who participated in the game. Imo, it should never have been left to them to make a decision.

As suggested above, the FAI are not fit for purpose, and completely washed their hands of any responsibility for any of this, pretty much on the basis of "we don't know how we might be punished if we don't fulfil the fixtures". Well, Man City have broken the rules hundreds of times over 10 years ago and still remain to be punished. Of course, in world footballing terms, Ireland are not Man City, but then this is not about cheating. I think the FAI could have taken the decision not to play, and let UEFA sweat over how to handle it. It might even have been the case that others, maybe Austria and or/maybe Kosovo would have followed. But self interest prevailed.

As I said above, it's the government who could have shown leadership, made it easier for the FAI to defend themselves, by saying we will instruct the FAI not to fulfil the fixtures. It's very easy for politicians all over the world to use words like genocide, to talk the talk and not walk the walk. Yeah there would no doubt be all sorts of consequences threatened, financial, economic, whatever else. But sometimes, you have got to do the right thing.

I have in the back of my mind the oft used phrase when you play that you are "representing your country". I really find it hard to believe that playing against Israel represented the wishes of the majority of Irish people.


I don’t recall any outrage when the Irish cricket team played several matches against an Afghanistan, currently ruled by the Taliban and a country that supports several ISIS training camps . It seems women’s rights and education don’t matter or maybe they like being hypocrites or maybe it is just good old fashioned anti semitism which seems to be particularly prevalent in Ireland

I hold those Afghan cricketers equally as responsible for their ‘Govt’ as I do the Israeli footballers for theirs.
[Post edited 28 Sep 10:46]

Poll: Julian Stepháne…stick or twist

-2
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026