Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well I Never 16:47 - Sep 27 with 2033 viewsDorse

Idly looking through QPR things online earlier and I found out something that really surprised me: since it kicked off in 1993, Andy Impey has won more QPR Player Of The Year Awards than any other player.

3 - Impey (1993, 1994 and 1995)
2 - Rowlands (2004, 2008); Hill (2012, 2013); Austin (2014, 2015).

Everyone else got just the one.

Couldn't believe it! In a team that contained Ferdinand, Wilkins and Sinclair, he got the nod 3 years in a row. Amazing. Fair play to him.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

7
Well I Never on 16:49 - Sep 27 with 1997 viewsconnell10

He always reminded of a Nija Turtle 🐢

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

4
Well I Never on 17:01 - Sep 27 with 1925 viewsQPunkR

Short neck, shorter fuse!

Shit but local

1
Well I Never on 17:20 - Sep 27 with 1854 viewsPaddyhoops

Gladstone Small and himself were never in the same room together. Fact .
2
Well I Never on 18:09 - Sep 27 with 1733 viewsTwoHalves

Well I Never on 16:49 - Sep 27 by connell10

He always reminded of a Nija Turtle 🐢


Him and MbappƩ. Could we come up with a Ninja Turtle lookalike XI, I wonder?
0
Well I Never on 19:49 - Sep 27 with 1529 viewsbosh67

Impey was a very good and very consistent player for us. Often goes under the radar in the history books but he was excellent.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

5
Well I Never on 21:16 - Sep 27 with 1358 viewsloftus77

He was. I remember the 4-0 home win against Man City in 1992 - Andy Andy Impey was unplayable that day.
1
Well I Never on 21:32 - Sep 27 with 1305 viewsBrianMcCarthy

If I ever knew that (which I must have, surely) I had forgotten.
Impey was an incredibly good player, though. He wasn't as flashy as Sinclair, for instance, but he could play on either wing, cross with either foot, and finish with either foot. Fast, accurate, good dribbler and a great attitude. Seriously hard worker.

But three POTY's in that team.
That's some achievement.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

3
Well I Never on 22:16 - Sep 27 with 1233 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Which has led me to this. We're so lucky to have these videos.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

2
Login to get fewer ads

Well I Never on 22:25 - Sep 27 with 1199 viewsFredManRave

I've just checked, double checked, triple checked, quadruple checked, then checked for a 5th time and Adel Terrorbat never won POTY.

Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

0
Well I Never on 22:31 - Sep 27 with 1180 viewsAntti_Heinola

Well I Never on 21:32 - Sep 27 by BrianMcCarthy

If I ever knew that (which I must have, surely) I had forgotten.
Impey was an incredibly good player, though. He wasn't as flashy as Sinclair, for instance, but he could play on either wing, cross with either foot, and finish with either foot. Fast, accurate, good dribbler and a great attitude. Seriously hard worker.

But three POTY's in that team.
That's some achievement.


Absolutely convinced Willo won it one of those years surely? I remember Impey winning one, maybe two, but not three? Am probably wrong!

Bare bones.

0
Well I Never on 22:41 - Sep 27 with 1148 viewsnumptydumpty

I am stunned by that fact Dorse if true.

He was a decent player for us, but would have put Sinton and then Sinclair over him in terms of our quality widemen at the time and am equally stunned if Les Ferdinand didnt win that accolade during that time too.

And when Wilkins was supreme and we had Clive Wilson, David Bardsley and Macca at the back, my memories must be very clouded.

"Walking in a Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Main Reason you started following QPR ??

0
Well I Never on 05:40 - Sep 28 with 864 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Correct me chaps, but when he decked the Barnsley player, Houston was the manager at the time and when asked about it, he said something like, 'Yeah, what a punch!'

In today's heavily sensitised, censored, and media controlled world, imagine a manager saying that. Funny though, and arguably his only high point as our manager.

Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

2
Well I Never on 10:47 - Sep 28 with 555 viewsW7Ranger

Well I Never on 22:16 - Sep 27 by BrianMcCarthy

Which has led me to this. We're so lucky to have these videos.


What a baller Imps was. Class player over a period of time where we had a team oozing with class players!

I've got 2 observations from those 10 goals that have brought back some great memories.

1. The goal away to Norwich is very similar to Smythy's goal v Preston last week.

2. The goal v Part Vale, the commentator mentioned about us being down to 10 men?! I never realised that! That makes that last ditch comeback even MORE impressive! Can anyone remember who was sent off, and when?
0
Well I Never on 11:07 - Sep 28 with 525 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Well I Never on 10:47 - Sep 28 by W7Ranger

What a baller Imps was. Class player over a period of time where we had a team oozing with class players!

I've got 2 observations from those 10 goals that have brought back some great memories.

1. The goal away to Norwich is very similar to Smythy's goal v Preston last week.

2. The goal v Part Vale, the commentator mentioned about us being down to 10 men?! I never realised that! That makes that last ditch comeback even MORE impressive! Can anyone remember who was sent off, and when?


Ya, I noticed that '10 men' comment as well, W7.

I don't recall us going down to ten either - maybe it was a temporary thing for injury?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

0
Well I Never on 18:44 - Sep 28 with 261 viewsQPunkR

Or that we were so far off the pace in the first half they assumed we must be playing with one less!

Shit but local

0
Well I Never on 20:27 - Sep 28 with 155 viewskensalriser

Well I Never on 22:16 - Sep 27 by BrianMcCarthy

Which has led me to this. We're so lucky to have these videos.


At least seven of those were basically the same goal. He did like a piledriver!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

2
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026