Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bircham Gone 10:48 - Jun 8 with 7627 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Rejected (not sacked) twice by the club he loves.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2018 11:48]
Bircham Gone on 10:50 - Jun 8 with 5931 viewsAntti_Heinola

Hasn't been sacked, though.

Sad times, I like Birch. Got a lot of unfair stick on here from people who assumed he was thick and was a BBC man (bibs, balls and cones), without having any evidence to back it up.

At least the quotes are more positive than the ones following Ollie's departure: https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/marc-bircham-departs-loftus-road/

Bare bones.

Bircham Gone on 10:53 - Jun 8 with 5923 viewspaulparker

this whole thing sits very uneasy with me I thought we were building a model to emulate Ajax / Bilbao/Bayern where we have QPR people looking after and coaching the club all the way through , Im still disgusted with the way Olly was sacked id like to know who is making these decisions because I don't think its Les

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Bircham Gone on 11:02 - Jun 8 with 5855 viewsToast_R

I think he's a lucky man to have played and coached at the club he loves. Nothing lasts forever. He's done a job and now it's time for everyone to move on to something new.
Bircham Gone on 11:09 - Jun 8 with 5828 viewsDorse

Bircham Gone on 10:53 - Jun 8 by paulparker

this whole thing sits very uneasy with me I thought we were building a model to emulate Ajax / Bilbao/Bayern where we have QPR people looking after and coaching the club all the way through , Im still disgusted with the way Olly was sacked id like to know who is making these decisions because I don't think its Les

"Director of Football Les Ferdinand added: “Marc is QPR through and through, and he was instrumental in helping bring the young lads into the first-team. He gave them an understanding of what it meant to be fortunate enough to be playing for QPR.

“Win or lose last season, the players wore the shirt with pride and passion. Marc and Ollie deserve credit for that. We wish them both well. They will always be welcome back to Loftus Road.”

I think that sums Birch up - he gave the youngsters an idea of what it means to be QPR. Say what you like about BIrch, but I can't think of a better player to get that passion across to the kids. When he, and players like Cook, put on the hoops they understand what it means to all of us schlubs who can't and they play for us. Compare with types like JET or Sandro or Traore or that div Barton for whom it was all about them.

Sad to see him go. Genuinely hope he can find his way back someday.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Bircham Gone on 11:13 - Jun 8 with 5807 viewsTHEBUSH

Shame he´s gone, as he´s a character and a QPR fan character at that.

Don´t know if he´s done the correct thing by turning down the club´s offer, but at least the club didn´t sack him.

Good luck to him wherever he goes
Bircham Gone on 11:23 - Jun 8 with 5754 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I wish him every future success.

I liked the way things were going. Hopefully we can build on that.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Bircham Gone on 11:25 - Jun 8 with 5741 viewsbosh67

Not sacked at all.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/marc-bircham-departs-loftus-road/

He wants more than he has been offered which is fair and he was offered another full time role. It is a bit of a shame because between him and Penrice the production line of young players has thrived.

I think he sees himself as a first team coach/manager and good luck to him. An Rs legend.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Bircham Gone on 11:36 - Jun 8 with 5696 viewsDixie_CT

Get him signed up to next year's live podcast.

Can't ever doubt his enthusiasm and passion for the club but not sure the role of cheerleader will be a position under McLaren and Eustace. Les and Sinton can instill the 'QPR' bit.
Login to get fewer ads

Bircham Gone on 12:06 - Jun 8 with 5567 viewsQPR_John

So he loves the club as do all of us so you think he deserve a job for life in the position he wants
[Post edited 8 Jun 2018 12:07]
Bircham Gone on 12:08 - Jun 8 with 5555 viewslondonscottish

Bircham Gone on 11:25 - Jun 8 by bosh67

Not sacked at all.

He wants more than he has been offered which is fair and he was offered another full time role. It is a bit of a shame because between him and Penrice the production line of young players has thrived.

I think he sees himself as a first team coach/manager and good luck to him. An Rs legend.

Spot on.

I wish him all the best - and look forward to his next appearance on the Pod.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Bircham Gone on 12:10 - Jun 8 with 5545 viewsQPR_John

What is your criteria for a job at QPR, being a QPR person or being good at your job.
Bircham Gone on 12:22 - Jun 8 with 5481 viewsloneranger1

Bircham Gone on 11:25 - Jun 8 by bosh67

Not sacked at all.

This. Wish him all the best and maybe he'll be back one day....

QPR John - I don't think anyone says he should have 'any job he likes' but there is some recognition for what he brought to the table and,. as he says on the offish, the club is in a better state than when he arrived with Ollie back in Autumn 2016. Not all down to him by any stretch of the imagination but he's played a part in restoring some pride around the place
Bircham Gone on 12:47 - Jun 8 with 5363 viewsBklynRanger

Fair enough. Looks like it was done the right way on all sides. Best of luck Birch.
Bircham Gone on 13:03 - Jun 8 with 5297 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Best of luck to him. Thought that he and Ollie did a fine job under the circumstances. Glad that was recognised and that he was offered a job. Hope he finds what he wants somewhere decent. He deserves it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Bircham Gone on 13:08 - Jun 8 with 5280 viewsQPR_John

Bircham Gone on 12:22 - Jun 8 by loneranger1

This. Wish him all the best and maybe he'll be back one day....

QPR John - I don't think anyone says he should have 'any job he likes' but there is some recognition for what he brought to the table and,. as he says on the offish, the club is in a better state than when he arrived with Ollie back in Autumn 2016. Not all down to him by any stretch of the imagination but he's played a part in restoring some pride around the place

But there was a recognition as he was offered another job. It is not unique to QPR that any new manager wants his own staff
Bircham Gone on 13:27 - Jun 8 with 5197 viewsR_from_afar

Bircham Gone on 10:50 - Jun 8 by Antti_Heinola

Hasn't been sacked, though.

Sad times, I like Birch. Got a lot of unfair stick on here from people who assumed he was thick and was a BBC man (bibs, balls and cones), without having any evidence to back it up.

At least the quotes are more positive than the ones following Ollie's departure: https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/marc-bircham-departs-loftus-road/

You are spot on, there are a lot of people on here who questioned his coaching abilities. They did the same with Ollie yet he can't have been that bad after what he achieved with us, both last season and during his previous tenure, and at Palace and Blackpool. With all his experience and an expensive squad, Steve Bruce couldn't get Veeeeeeelaaa promoted.

I am sad to see them both go. It appears on the surface as if the club has been harsh with Ollie but I doubt we will ever know the full story.

I think the Birch situation is different, though, and this is a model separation. Both parties can hold their heads high.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Bircham Gone on 14:21 - Jun 8 with 5029 viewscaliforniahoop

Good luck to MB, he grew on me, he is one of us and may well be back one day!
Bircham Gone on 19:39 - Jun 8 with 4629 viewsPunteR

Les Ferdinand - “He gave them an understanding of what it meant to be fortunate enough to be playing for QPR."

That statement alone shows how valuable Bircham was. That will be a hard thing to replace..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Bircham Gone on 01:25 - Jun 9 with 4369 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Let's all be clear, and i'll stand by this in 48 months, the reign of SMcC will last not much longer than Ollie and Bircham but will certainly be devoid of the same passion.

I want SMcC to do well but don't expect him to last as long as any other manager has. P45 by 2020 is my prediction, probably due to supporter pressure and trigger happy uppers.
Bircham Gone on 01:39 - Jun 9 with 4362 viewssmegma

Bircham Gone on 01:25 - Jun 9 by BazzaInTheLoft

Let's all be clear, and i'll stand by this in 48 months, the reign of SMcC will last not much longer than Ollie and Bircham but will certainly be devoid of the same passion.

I want SMcC to do well but don't expect him to last as long as any other manager has. P45 by 2020 is my prediction, probably due to supporter pressure and trigger happy uppers.

So you reckon Shhhteve won't last as long as Ollie in one sentence then say expect P45 by 2020. Which will be more or less the same as Ollie.

I expect Shhhteve to win a FA Cup game. Everything else is a bonus.
Bircham Gone on 10:08 - Jun 9 with 4125 viewsQPR_John

Bircham Gone on 01:25 - Jun 9 by BazzaInTheLoft

He has a two year contract so that brings him to 2020. Not a bad prediction on your part. By the way 48 months takes us to 2022 so are you saying 48 months or 24 months
[Post edited 9 Jun 2018 10:09]
Bircham Gone on 10:15 - Jun 9 with 4101 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Bircham Gone on 10:08 - Jun 9 by QPR_John

He has a two year contract so that brings him to 2020. Not a bad prediction on your part. By the way 48 months takes us to 2022 so are you saying 48 months or 24 months
[Post edited 9 Jun 2018 10:09]

I’m not saying a lot except don’t go on LfW when you’ve had too many shandies.
Bircham Gone on 15:36 - Jun 10 with 3693 viewsrsonist

Ajax and Bayern are built on innovation and legendary success. Maintaining those traditions isn't like passing down a family corner shop and shouting a few slogans.

(Besides - Trappatoni, van Gaal, Ancelotti, Guardiola...?)

Bilbao of course are a football club run as an ethno-state - though again with non-Basque managers - which is perhaps a more appropriate comparison considering a few years ago Les was being criticised for "jobs for the boys" whereas now that seems to be alright all of a sudden.
Bircham Gone on 01:49 - Jun 11 with 3485 viewstimcocking

I'm very disappointed.

I hope they know what they are doing and these new men (who couldn't give a flying fcuk about QPR) are actually an improvement.

I keep reading cr@p like "has an excellent record for spotting talent in the lower leagues" like it's something mystical. Ffs, more media bollox that. I could (probably half of you lot too) be a bloody scout piece of p!ss. Not hard to watch a game of football and spot the decent young players with some potential. It's about legwork and networks/contacts and obviously due dilligence. Suggesting this bloke can watch a game of football and somehow find better players than we could is laughable. And Chelsea have 99% of them already. It's like all this coaching cr@p, as if 5 minutes later somebody is going to be composed on the ball thanks to a good coach. Hmmm, how realistic.

Maybe this is the management dream team, i hope so, wish them all the best. Or maybe we'll be just as sh!t as ever, but now with coaching staff who couldn't particularly care less about it.
Bircham Gone on 09:22 - Jun 11 with 3311 viewsrobith

Bircham Gone on 01:49 - Jun 11 by timcocking

I'm very disappointed.

I hope they know what they are doing and these new men (who couldn't give a flying fcuk about QPR) are actually an improvement.

I keep reading cr@p like "has an excellent record for spotting talent in the lower leagues" like it's something mystical. Ffs, more media bollox that. I could (probably half of you lot too) be a bloody scout piece of p!ss. Not hard to watch a game of football and spot the decent young players with some potential. It's about legwork and networks/contacts and obviously due dilligence. Suggesting this bloke can watch a game of football and somehow find better players than we could is laughable. And Chelsea have 99% of them already. It's like all this coaching cr@p, as if 5 minutes later somebody is going to be composed on the ball thanks to a good coach. Hmmm, how realistic.

Maybe this is the management dream team, i hope so, wish them all the best. Or maybe we'll be just as sh!t as ever, but now with coaching staff who couldn't particularly care less about it.

I genuinely don't know how to react to the statement "scouting is easy"
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024