Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
rumour has it... 15:39 - Sep 7 with 4797 viewsqpr_1968

we lost 10 -0 to west ham under 18's.
any truth in this.
just been told by a gloating west ham fan at work.
in our defence he said most of their under 18's could get in their first team.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

rumour has it... on 15:51 - Sep 7 with 3708 viewsaston_hoop

Yes apparently so. U23s lost 4-0 v Fulham too. Anyone know why the club don't report this? Apart from the obvious that we keep getting stuffed.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

rumour has it... on 15:53 - Sep 7 with 3696 viewsNov77

I heard that too, same day as our under under 23's lost 4-0 to Fulham.

Warbs is unconcerned as apparently neither keeper had anything to do.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

rumour has it... on 16:16 - Sep 7 with 3601 viewsqpr_1968

rumour has it... on 15:53 - Sep 7 by Nov77

....except pick the ball out the net.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

rumour has it... on 16:23 - Sep 7 with 3557 viewsted_hendrix

rumour has it... on 15:53 - Sep 7 by Nov77

"Warbs is unconcerned as apparently neither keeper had anything to do."

Excellent/witty post 10 out of 10 for that.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

rumour has it... on 16:26 - Sep 7 with 3535 viewsJogo

Do you mean our first team?
rumour has it... on 16:50 - Sep 7 with 3400 viewsAntti_Heinola

I remember about 4 or 5 years ago there were similar posts like this.
4 or 5 years later we have a first team squad packed with youth graduates.

Results unimportant. A lot of U23s have stepped up, so chances are we fielded a very, very young side.

Bare bones.

rumour has it... on 17:15 - Sep 7 with 3291 viewsnix

rumour has it... on 16:50 - Sep 7 by Antti_Heinola

I remember about 4 or 5 years ago there were similar posts like this.
4 or 5 years later we have a first team squad packed with youth graduates.

Results unimportant. A lot of U23s have stepped up, so chances are we fielded a very, very young side.

Yes that's my first thought. We've been putting our best youngsters out on loan or in the first team squad, which has presumably put younger players in the U23s, basically giving them experience of playing at a higher level. I'd have thought that's a good thing.

The coaches genuinely don't get concerned about results at that level, it's much more about development.
rumour has it... on 17:23 - Sep 7 with 3229 viewsLblock

rumour has it... on 17:15 - Sep 7 by nix

Yes that's my first thought. We've been putting our best youngsters out on loan or in the first team squad, which has presumably put younger players in the U23s, basically giving them experience of playing at a higher level. I'd have thought that's a good thing.

The coaches genuinely don't get concerned about results at that level, it's much more about development.

This is very true and we are of course seeing some wonderful players coming through the ranks with the first thought being to attack and play football.

However I'm one hairs width away from wondering whether this attitude from the coaches permeates it's way, in respect of defending and defensive duties, right the way to the first team squad. Maybe if you've never been roasted about conceeding goals your danger radar is switched off and a shrug of the shoulders is accepted?

Who knows but those in charge and they are to be trusted fully.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

rumour has it... on 17:25 - Sep 7 with 3217 viewsvegasranger

I would love to hear what Smegma thinks about this. QPR under 18's were bottom of their league last season. Although results aren't the be all being bottom of a league with the likes of Colchester and Leyton Orient can't be be good. I would have hoped their would have been a better striker coming through than Oteh, that could have been given a chance in the pre season friendlies.
rumour has it... on 17:32 - Sep 7 with 3184 viewsMyke

rumour has it... on 17:23 - Sep 7 by Lblock

This is very true and we are of course seeing some wonderful players coming through the ranks with the first thought being to attack and play football.

However I'm one hairs width away from wondering whether this attitude from the coaches permeates it's way, in respect of defending and defensive duties, right the way to the first team squad. Maybe if you've never been roasted about conceeding goals your danger radar is switched off and a shrug of the shoulders is accepted?

Well it's a decent point that conceding lots of goals can become normalised if it happens across the board - but shouldn't we be scoring at least 9?
rumour has it... on 17:38 - Sep 7 with 3147 viewsDavieQPR

Although I would split hairs and say 'the wonderful players' have not come through our ranks but joined half way through.
rumour has it... on 18:09 - Sep 7 with 3029 viewspeejaybee

It was not our under 18s they beat it was our under 8s

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

rumour has it... on 18:11 - Sep 7 with 3014 viewsHoopstar

Can't we just wait for them to release their team and sign them up?

Be interesting to see the line-ups - not unknown for teams to field really strong sides if looking to get players match minutes etc. Hope we didn't do that mind!
rumour has it... on 18:26 - Sep 7 with 2956 viewsNov77

https://www.claretandhugh.info/ten-up-hammers-destroy-qpr/
10-0 confirmed.
Looks like West Ham’s U23s also beat ours by 5-0

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

rumour has it... on 18:34 - Sep 7 with 2921 viewsDejR_vu

The score is never mentioned in the changing room afterwards. The coaches genuinely don’t care because it’s absolutely irrelevant in the context of what they are trying to do. Most other clubs worry about it and try and win as many games as possible but it’s pointless because it drives the wrong behaviours. At that level / age you want the players to be under pressure to see learn how to cope with it and work out how to deal with it.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

rumour has it... on 18:37 - Sep 7 with 2907 viewspaulparker

Surely out of our brilliant coaches we have they would know how to defend corners , set pieces and players running in behind them

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

rumour has it... on 18:54 - Sep 7 with 2857 viewsWrightUp5hit___

West Ham U23 5 v QPR U23 0

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2020/september/02-september/highlights-west-

No idea who played, but our pathways tend to mean our U23s have lots of U18's playing as the good U23's are pulled forward to the first team squad. As indeed our U18's team has a lot of young players as the good one's are playing out of their age group, for the U23's

As for West Ham their U23's are probably stacked with older players who just don't get a chance to breakthrough to their first team
[Post edited 7 Sep 2020 19:22]
rumour has it... on 19:01 - Sep 7 with 2813 viewsbosh67

Yes I saw the 10 nil thing earlier. Slightly concerning on top of the multiple U23 batterings.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

rumour has it... on 19:12 - Sep 7 with 2786 viewsHastings_Hoops

rumour has it... on 17:32 - Sep 7 by Myke

Well it's a decent point that conceding lots of goals can become normalised if it happens across the board - but shouldn't we be scoring at least 9?

I recall reading / listening to an interview from a QPR coach last season (can’t recall who - maybe chris Ramsey?) that generally in the younger teams, coaches don’t really care much about the results and in fact if there is a player that they’re looking to stress test, they even set up to expose that player.

Hopefully we were not stress testing a new goalkeeper, or we may have found another one with the breaking strain of a kitkat
rumour has it... on 19:14 - Sep 7 with 2779 viewsJuzzie

Any ‘fan’ that gloats about an U18 result is quite simply a kunt.
rumour has it... on 19:22 - Sep 7 with 2741 viewskensalriser

Terrible. We should get Pulis in pdq.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

rumour has it... on 19:22 - Sep 7 with 2737 viewsNov77

rumour has it... on 19:14 - Sep 7 by Juzzie

Any ‘fan’ that gloats about an U18 result is quite simply a kunt.

To be fair a 10-0 is a bit of an eyeopener. Even barnstoneworth would be disappointed with that result

rumour has it... on 19:27 - Sep 7 with 2716 viewsJuzzie

rumour has it... on 19:22 - Sep 7 by Nov77

To be fair a 10-0 is a bit of an eyeopener. Even barnstoneworth would be disappointed with that result

It’s meaningless. As others said above, it could have been a stress test on a player or two.

Same as the 1st XI friendlies v West Ham and Chelsea. Didn’t even bat an eyelid about the scoreline.

Had it been a League or Cup game then yes, I’d have been really narked off. But they weren’t.
rumour has it... on 20:04 - Sep 7 with 2608 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I did wonder something similar when I heard Warbs interview. In direct response to the question of the defence he went on about the missed chances. I am all for attractive attacking football but we do need to be able to defend as well.
rumour has it... on 20:10 - Sep 7 with 2581 viewsBrianMcCarthy

In fairness CCJ he also spoke about poor defending and said that we needed to be ruthless in both boxes.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024