Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Don't Panic if....Bristol City Match Thread 15:44 - Mar 5 with 40224 viewsPinnerPaul

I'll start with the surprising news that we are quite strong favourites to win this.

Mr Power has them at 21/10, the draw at 9/4 and us at a quite skinny looking 13/10
Don't Panic if....Bristol City Match Thread on 15:54 - Mar 5 with 5314 viewsNorthernr

I couldn't believe the odds when I saw them.
Don't Panic if....Bristol City Match Thread on 15:57 - Mar 5 with 5305 viewsPinnerPaul

Don't Panic if....Bristol City Match Thread on 15:54 - Mar 5 by Northernr

I couldn't believe the odds when I saw them.

No me neither. Someone just looking at our away form perhaps but ignoring our last 3 games and Bristol City's last 2????????????????

Having said that, in this day and age any odds they get 'wrong' don't usually last long as they get snapped up pretty quickly and the weight of money causes them to shrink.

But BC at 'home' bigger than 2/1 doesn't make much sense to me.
Don't Panic if....Bristol City Match Thread on 16:01 - Mar 5 with 5295 viewsNorthernr

Don't Panic if....Bristol City Match Thread on 15:57 - Mar 5 by PinnerPaul

No me neither. Someone just looking at our away form perhaps but ignoring our last 3 games and Bristol City's last 2????????????????

Having said that, in this day and age any odds they get 'wrong' don't usually last long as they get snapped up pretty quickly and the weight of money causes them to shrink.

But BC at 'home' bigger than 2/1 doesn't make much sense to me.

They've got a lot of injuries, four defeats in a row at home...
Don't Panic if....Bristol City Match Thread on 16:06 - Mar 5 with 5266 viewsMetallica_Hoop

This has 1-1 written all over it.

[Post edited 5 Mar 2021 16:07]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Don't Panic if....Bristol City Match Thread on 16:18 - Mar 5 with 5231 viewsPinnerPaul

Don't Panic if....Bristol City Match Thread on 16:01 - Mar 5 by Northernr

You can actually get 23/10 in a place and they are drifting, while us and the draw are shortening, so those factors are obviously what people are looking at.
Don't Panic if....Bristol City Match Thread on 16:24 - Mar 5 with 5215 viewsgazza1

I will be having an 'in-play' bet ...... need to see just how we line up and how we start the match.
Don't Panic if....Bristol City Match Thread on 16:26 - Mar 5 with 5215 viewsPinnerPaul

Don't Panic if....Bristol City Match Thread on 16:24 - Mar 5 by gazza1

I will be having an 'in-play' bet ...... need to see just how we line up and how we start the match.

Genuine question, because I've never checked - before any goals do those In Play odds vary much?

Ta
Don't Panic if....Bristol City Match Thread on 16:32 - Mar 5 with 5209 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Don't Panic if....Bristol City Match Thread on 16:24 - Mar 5 by gazza1

Hand on heart I did that for our game at Watford. When we went 1 down I had a look and we were 20-1, just had a good feeling that night so put a whole £1 on it.
Login to get fewer ads

Don't Panic if....Bristol City Match Thread on 16:44 - Mar 5 with 5180 viewsHarbour

Think we will lose 1-0 and they will score in the last 10 minutes...hopefully like last 3 predictions I will be wrong and we get something out of this would take a draw. But as has been pointed out our away form is pretty good.
Don't Panic if....Bristol City Match Thread on 16:53 - Mar 5 with 5147 viewsted_hendrix

Please don't let Nahki Wells score, I'd take a 0-0 right now- got to get off that 40 point mark then I'll feel a bit better.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Don't Panic if....Bristol City Match Thread on 16:59 - Mar 5 with 5122 viewsRangersw12

Would like to see us revert back to 4231 for this and get back to our passing game

Johansen and Field as the two
With Willock, Chair and Adomah as the 3
Don't Panic if....Bristol City Match Thread on 17:00 - Mar 5 with 5121 viewsNoelmc

Glad I checked this thread before I did a Spackman and started a new one on the surprising odds for tomorrow.

I've gone on Betfair with £19 to win £25 on Bristol City (Draw no Bet). Obviously hoping to lose the bet, but if they win (as I'd expect), it will pay for my next two and a half live QPR+ Streams.
Don't Panic if....Bristol City Match Thread on 17:02 - Mar 5 with 5114 viewsTheChef

Don't Panic if....Bristol City Match Thread on 16:01 - Mar 5 by Northernr

Right time for Charity Rangers to come to town!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Don't Panic if....Bristol City Match Thread on 17:17 - Mar 5 with 5060 viewsdavman

De Wijs is "fit" - does he play?

Think we're going to lose 2-0.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Don't Panic if....Bristol City Match Thread on 17:23 - Mar 5 with 5039 viewsbosh67

For me this feels like an obvious loss against a hapless team on a bit of a wobbly bounce. I hope I am proven wrong.

That said Dykes hattrick. It's got to happen. It really has.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Don't Panic if....Bristol City Match Thread on 17:26 - Mar 5 with 5029 viewsdaveB

Warburtons interview on the offish suggested we have a few injuries
Don't Panic if....Bristol City Match Thread on 17:52 - Mar 5 with 4969 viewsTheChef

Don't Panic if....Bristol City Match Thread on 17:26 - Mar 5 by daveB

Warburtons interview on the offish suggested we have a few injuries

Well yeah perhaps he'd like to mix the team up a bit more?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Don't Panic if....Bristol City Match Thread on 18:18 - Mar 5 with 4885 viewsManinBlack

Don't Panic if....Bristol City Match Thread on 17:02 - Mar 5 by TheChef

Right time for Charity Rangers to come to town!

Indeed, we are the perfect antidote to a team struggling at home like Birmingham. Ludicrous odds when we have lost the last 6 meetings with them at least that I can recall.
Don't Panic if....Bristol City Match Thread on 18:52 - Mar 5 with 4813 viewsDannyPaddox

This has got Bristol City narrow margin victory leading to Pearson Warburton I told you so social media meltdown written all over it.
Don't Panic if....Bristol City Match Thread on 19:09 - Mar 5 with 4772 viewsBurnleyhoop

Don't Panic if....Bristol City Match Thread on 16:59 - Mar 5 by Rangersw12

Would like to see us revert back to 4231 for this and get back to our passing game

Johansen and Field as the two
With Willock, Chair and Adomah as the 3

Agree entirely. Would also be inclined to bring in Kakay at right back, drop Cameron for Wijs and move Barbet across to left back.

Never going to happen though.
Don't Panic if....Bristol City Match Thread on 19:25 - Mar 5 with 4730 viewskensalriser

I think we've lost eight of the last six games against City, although that's probably not especially relevant to today's odds.

We're on a losing run so I imagine we'll lose.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Don't Panic if....Bristol City Match Thread on 20:51 - Mar 5 with 4585 viewsRangersw12

Don't Panic if....Bristol City Match Thread on 19:09 - Mar 5 by Burnleyhoop

Agree entirely. Would also be inclined to bring in Kakay at right back, drop Cameron for Wijs and move Barbet across to left back.

Never going to happen though.

Yeah I think Kakay coming in to freshen things up would be a decent move

Sounds like we have injuries so might see some changes
Don't Panic if....Bristol City Match Thread on 21:24 - Mar 5 with 4543 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I've been thinking about four at the back. I just can't see that we have the pace at centre-back for a flat back four. If we went for it we'd have to sit very deep which would leave oceans of space for our midfield to cover.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Don't Panic if....Bristol City Match Thread on 21:56 - Mar 5 with 4495 viewsDannyPaddox

Don't Panic if....Bristol City Match Thread on 21:24 - Mar 5 by BrianMcCarthy

I've been thinking about four at the back. I just can't see that we have the pace at centre-back for a flat back four. If we went for it we'd have to sit very deep which would leave oceans of space for our midfield to cover.

And a centre-back pairing of Dickie De Wijs would sound like one of those Chinese wånking machines.
Don't Panic if....Bristol City Match Thread on 22:20 - Mar 5 with 4450 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Don't Panic if....Bristol City Match Thread on 21:56 - Mar 5 by DannyPaddox

And a centre-back pairing of Dickie De Wijs would sound like one of those Chinese wånking machines.

When you say "one of those Chinese wånking machines" you make it sound like we've bought one together once.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024