Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warnock post-match 02:52 - Aug 19 with 8164 viewsstainrods_elbow

Just checked out his comments on their Offish with a quick shufty through the sign-up screens. What a graceless, self-deluding Mr 'If I'm honest' Warnockballs he can be! Thinks they should have been two or three up by half-time, our goals were all down to their defensive errors, and they deserved to win the game. With blind vision like that, I 'd say his team will be tumbling down the table at some velocity going forwards. Then there was the ranting at Dickie for no clear reason the ref. didn't have the bottle or fairness to shut down, and his futile fury at the officials leaving the field. It's just like some kind of mania with him.

In fact, they benefited considerably from the ref's generosity while shooting themselves in the foot from start to finish. First, the penalty that seemed to be given on the basis of Dykes just standing around to give them a massive helping hand. Then the softness of Moses' sending-off that made Derry's dismissal at Man U back in the day look like a case of GBH on that cheating tosspot Ashley Young. After that, another penalty appeal that was as 'theatrical' as Sinton said it was (and should have earned a booking and not just some argy bargy from a couple of ours). And, to top it off, despite 10 minutes of added time, they still couldn't conjure a meaningful chance with a one man advantage. Get real, Neil! You were well-beaten on the night by ten players who were and are more talented, capable and committed than your mediocre eleven. Eat that!

Interesting also to see their boards slating Warnock's subs and game managment, as well as Lumley's abilities between the sticks -one or two of whom even acknowledged we were a decent side. That performance had something of everything/for everyone. Now let's see if we can keep proving it!

You lovely Rsssssss!
[Post edited 19 Aug 2021 2:54]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Warnock post-match on 07:24 - Aug 19 with 4658 viewsToast_R

I'm sure its a wiley old method of his to take the pressure off his players but behind closed doors I bet he'll be laying into them some what and ten a bit more.

I don't like seeing him lose his sh*t like that at the officials at his ripe age though, it can't be good for him. I don't ever recall him quite like that when managing QPR, admittedly he probably didn't need to much as his team were winning and he had his men out there like Derry and Hill to do it for him.
Warnock post-match on 07:26 - Aug 19 with 4648 viewsMalintabuk

Thanks for taking the time to post that always interesting how a manager needs to spin a defeat
In all fairness he is not wrong about a couple of things. They should have been 2 up at least at half time. Also ours goals were one OG, a shot at where a keeper should save it at the near post, albeit it was struck well, and even the 3rd I thought Lumley could have done better. So he was not far wrong in that either
Also he needs to deflect flack. We were down to 10 men. OK conceding a goal he could put down to them also being caught cold, but have equalised they really should have gone on to win, so to lose the game he needs to spin it I guess and Warnock can definitely spin it
More for me was us. Already the top 2 is IMO the seasons finishing top 2, we could never compete against their squads or money and the EFL is seriously going to become a close shop with regards to teams yo-yoing
So we are going to have to compete on character, workrate and of course skill. Last night I honestly felt we had all 3 and it was likened to the Derby 2-2 under Warnock funnily enough. My concern is we are just 3 games in and could have picked up a couple of niggling injuries, without the depth that other teams have
Barnsley is going to be a real test on Saturday. I would gladly take a scrappy boring 1-0 coming of someone's ar5e and even the kids playing and perhaps losing to Oxford if it meant going in to the break in the top 4
One thing though I would bet about Saturday and what team plays, it will have character
Warnock post-match on 07:31 - Aug 19 with 4613 viewsPaddyhoops

Nothing changes with Mr warnock
Let's be honest he was always a bit of a tit.
Its just for two or three years , he was our tit and we loved him.
He hates losing and he will never let the facts get in the way of a good rant.
I read a report of the game in a Middlesbrough paper which reckoned they were robbed. It bore no relationship to what actually went happened on the pitch.
If they couldn't beat ten men, they didnt deserve anything anyway.
Warnock post-match on 07:36 - Aug 19 with 4584 viewsWestonsuperR

Thanks, I disagree with almost all of heat Warnock had to say but it’s this type of attitude that wins promotions.

Definitely pen for me and clear as you can get red.
Warnock post-match on 07:39 - Aug 19 with 4565 viewsSuperhoop83

Agree with most of that, but the two yellows for Moses were as clear and correct as they come and Moses was a walking red card until he was put out of his misery.

I couldn't decide whether to laugh at Warnock or worry for him but I did laugh!

Suffering since 1978.

Warnock post-match on 07:50 - Aug 19 with 4480 viewsNorthernr

Warnock post-match on 07:36 - Aug 19 by WestonsuperR

Thanks, I disagree with almost all of heat Warnock had to say but it’s this type of attitude that wins promotions.

The thing with the penalty is, would we have been given that had it have been the other end?

Some other stuff that went on with that referee last night makes me think... not a cat in hell's chance.
Warnock post-match on 08:16 - Aug 19 with 4338 viewsnix

I'm as biased as you can get against refs but I thought it was a pen and a definite red card. Dykes was a bit unlucky as the guy jumped just as he pulled his shirt so it looked a bit worse but it definitely impeded the player. Although again I get pee'd off with the inconsistency from referees as they often don't give pens for pull backs. The second yellow that led to the red was obviously a booking as the guy was in a very decent attacking position and Odubajo not only put his arm out to pull him back he also tripped him up, so no complaints there.

But Warnock was a bit silly about the goals. You could say the same about theirs. They were very unlikely to score at Seny"s near post in a crowded penalty area if we hadn't given away a penalty and they're not scoring if Ball hadn't been caught in possession for the second. Our movement for the Willock goal was excellent and a nice pass from Jojo and he could easily have got the second apart from a good save from Lumley. Also, although Lumley should have done better with the Dykes goal, it was still a pretty good strike and a lovely chip from Willock. The first was an excellent cross from Wallace, right in the corridor of uncertainty, and if the defender hadn't touched it Dykes was right behind him.

They were lucky to have ten minutes extra time, though. I know that technically there were probably that many minutes to add on, but how many times has that happened to us and we only get seven or so minutes added on? The ref looked nervous of Warnock and knew what was coming. Also, their forward definitely should have been booked for diving. That was blatant.

I think he was furious about being outthought in the second half. And being beaten at his own time wasting game. And being beaten at home for the second time in a row by his old club. Shouting at Dickie wasn't necessary either, although he couldn't have picked a better QPR player to shout at as he's not going to be at all bothered.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2021 8:26]
Warnock post-match on 08:19 - Aug 19 with 4305 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

No one is talking about his team are they?

Great management.
Login to get fewer ads

Warnock post-match on 08:22 - Aug 19 with 4288 viewsNorthernr

Warnock post-match on 07:39 - Aug 19 by Superhoop83

Agree with most of that, but the two yellows for Moses were as clear and correct as they come and Moses was a walking red card until he was put out of his misery.

I couldn't decide whether to laugh at Warnock or worry for him but I did laugh!

I'm a bit worried for him. He's very overweight now, into his 70s, I thought he was going to explode last night. They'll end up carrying him out of football in a box sadly.
Warnock post-match on 08:39 - Aug 19 with 4181 viewspeterlund_dk

We got warnock'ed in the first half, but we absolutely out-warnock'ed Warnock in the second half. And not only did Warnock get warnock'ed, he also got willock'ed.

So no surprise that he threw a hissy fit. Imagine his temper if he had gotten dickie'd as well.
Warnock post-match on 08:41 - Aug 19 with 4162 viewsted_hendrix

Yes all very interesting but what concerns me most this morning is that after something like 100 minutes of football we won, not them.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Warnock post-match on 08:46 - Aug 19 with 4109 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Warnock post-match on 08:22 - Aug 19 by Northernr

I'm a bit worried for him. He's very overweight now, into his 70s, I thought he was going to explode last night. They'll end up carrying him out of football in a box sadly.

Ditto. Whilst I admire the man's passion for the game and find his antics mildly entertaining, at his age he needs to rein it in a little.
Warnock post-match on 09:22 - Aug 19 with 3947 viewsnix

Warnock post-match on 08:39 - Aug 19 by peterlund_dk

We got warnock'ed in the first half, but we absolutely out-warnock'ed Warnock in the second half. And not only did Warnock get warnock'ed, he also got willock'ed.

So no surprise that he threw a hissy fit. Imagine his temper if he had gotten dickie'd as well.

Lol
Warnock post-match on 10:11 - Aug 19 with 3731 viewsAntti_Heinola

Warnock post-match on 07:36 - Aug 19 by WestonsuperR

The ref was spot on with pen and red card, but can’t agree with ‘this attitude wins promotions’. It doesn’t. That sort of over-emotional BS is pathetic. I know why he’s doing it - it’s the same reason Warbs was complaining about fixtures - but where Warbs is calm and measured, Warnock has lost control, which you only see from him even things are going badly - usually during a relegation season. He never did it with us.

Bare bones.

Warnock post-match on 10:14 - Aug 19 with 3715 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Warnock post-match on 10:11 - Aug 19 by Antti_Heinola

The ref was spot on with pen and red card, but can’t agree with ‘this attitude wins promotions’. It doesn’t. That sort of over-emotional BS is pathetic. I know why he’s doing it - it’s the same reason Warbs was complaining about fixtures - but where Warbs is calm and measured, Warnock has lost control, which you only see from him even things are going badly - usually during a relegation season. He never did it with us.

"He never did it with us."

You're kidding, surely?
Warnock post-match on 10:18 - Aug 19 with 3685 viewsCiderwithRsie

Warnock's Warnock. It works for him and the club he manages, I don't mind it at all - let him have his rant and we'll have the three points.

I do think the jokes about the farewell tours are running thin, he really should retire and enjoy life for his own benefit. After what he did for usI'd hate it if he really did have a stroke at a match; it has happened.
Warnock post-match on 10:20 - Aug 19 with 3659 viewsnix

Warnock post-match on 10:18 - Aug 19 by CiderwithRsie

Warnock's Warnock. It works for him and the club he manages, I don't mind it at all - let him have his rant and we'll have the three points.

I do think the jokes about the farewell tours are running thin, he really should retire and enjoy life for his own benefit. After what he did for usI'd hate it if he really did have a stroke at a match; it has happened.

I think it's his last season at Middlesbrough. The fans aren't that keen and if results go against him, things will turn.
Warnock post-match on 10:21 - Aug 19 with 3659 viewsLazyFan

Warnock post-match on 08:16 - Aug 19 by nix

I'm as biased as you can get against refs but I thought it was a pen and a definite red card. Dykes was a bit unlucky as the guy jumped just as he pulled his shirt so it looked a bit worse but it definitely impeded the player. Although again I get pee'd off with the inconsistency from referees as they often don't give pens for pull backs. The second yellow that led to the red was obviously a booking as the guy was in a very decent attacking position and Odubajo not only put his arm out to pull him back he also tripped him up, so no complaints there.

But Warnock was a bit silly about the goals. You could say the same about theirs. They were very unlikely to score at Seny"s near post in a crowded penalty area if we hadn't given away a penalty and they're not scoring if Ball hadn't been caught in possession for the second. Our movement for the Willock goal was excellent and a nice pass from Jojo and he could easily have got the second apart from a good save from Lumley. Also, although Lumley should have done better with the Dykes goal, it was still a pretty good strike and a lovely chip from Willock. The first was an excellent cross from Wallace, right in the corridor of uncertainty, and if the defender hadn't touched it Dykes was right behind him.

They were lucky to have ten minutes extra time, though. I know that technically there were probably that many minutes to add on, but how many times has that happened to us and we only get seven or so minutes added on? The ref looked nervous of Warnock and knew what was coming. Also, their forward definitely should have been booked for diving. That was blatant.

I think he was furious about being outthought in the second half. And being beaten at his own time wasting game. And being beaten at home for the second time in a row by his old club. Shouting at Dickie wasn't necessary either, although he couldn't have picked a better QPR player to shout at as he's not going to be at all bothered.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2021 8:26]

Agree with all that you stated here.
Dykes got caught fouling in the box (very silly, he will learn from that) and Moses had totally lost it as soon as he came on in the 2nd half and was a walking Red even before getting caught napping.

Ozzy played deeper so there was no space behind him and Jones was forced to cross from less favourable angles.

The goals we scored were class, Dykes smashed that so hard Lums never even saw it so, I don't blame Lums. It was the fault of the two Boro players who got sucked into Willock and with his class, he dinked Dykes in who did the correct thing, took it a little away from them so, they could not slide tackle and smashed it on target.

zzzzzzzzzz

Warnock post-match on 10:21 - Aug 19 with 3650 viewsLazyFan

Warnock post-match on 10:20 - Aug 19 by nix

I think it's his last season at Middlesbrough. The fans aren't that keen and if results go against him, things will turn.

They look like us 3 seasons back. Big rebuild jobbie there.

zzzzzzzzzz

Warnock post-match on 10:32 - Aug 19 with 3592 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Warnock post-match on 10:20 - Aug 19 by nix

“Last season” ;)

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Warnock post-match on 10:45 - Aug 19 with 3519 viewsJuzzie

I get it’s a managerial tactic these days to act the clown to take attention away from the team but he genuinely looked apocalyptic. Very strange behaviour.

I also find comments from any manager/player/pundit such as ‘their goal(s) were just bad defending…’ a bit strange as I would think a big proportion of goals come about from bad defending, and the opposition exploiting that. That’s how the game works.
Warnock post-match on 10:56 - Aug 19 with 3472 viewsQPRSteve

Anyone else think one of theirs should have been sent off for a nasty tackle late in the second half?
Warnock post-match on 11:10 - Aug 19 with 3403 viewsAntti_Heinola

Warnock post-match on 10:14 - Aug 19 by Benny_the_Ball

"He never did it with us."

You're kidding, surely?

Nope I don't ever remember him being anything like that bad. Might be wrong, but championship season he was very, very calm. Message every week was just 'i said to the lads, go out and enjoy it, y'know'. He didn't act like that, because we only lost 5 times.

Bare bones.

Warnock post-match on 11:14 - Aug 19 with 3389 viewsdannyblue

Warnock post-match on 10:56 - Aug 19 by QPRSteve

Anyone else think one of theirs should have been sent off for a nasty tackle late in the second half?

Yes I saw that and thought it could be red on another day.
Warnock post-match on 12:07 - Aug 19 with 3272 viewsPinnerPaul

Warnock's comments sadly predictable.

However, as Clive, with brilliant timing, pointed out they ALL do it.

Our very own Mr W called the pen and sending off 'outrageous' - now it seems most of you agree with me that both were spot on, but even if you don't, they certainly were not 'outrageous' decisions.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024