Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea off - confirmed 19:03 - Dec 14 with 4614 viewsNorthernr

nm
Swansea off - confirmed on 19:09 - Dec 14 with 3693 viewsjoe90

It’s a shame, but we have to accept it's a fact of life now and there will probably be more games called off.

Hope nobody at the club is serious ill.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2021 19:09]
Swansea off - confirmed on 19:09 - Dec 14 with 3684 viewsterryb

As expected, but it is good to know in advance.
Swansea off - confirmed on 19:23 - Dec 14 with 3569 viewsstowmarketrange

Good news is we’ll still be in the top 6 until Boxing Day with 2 games in hand.
Swansea off - confirmed on 19:30 - Dec 14 with 3521 viewsHarbour

That’s a shame was looking forward to that but sort of expected. Hope no one is too ill and we get up and running v Bournemouth.
Swansea off - confirmed on 20:29 - Dec 14 with 3273 viewsWatfordR

Swansea off - confirmed on 19:30 - Dec 14 by Harbour

That’s a shame was looking forward to that but sort of expected. Hope no one is too ill and we get up and running v Bournemouth.

Just have to hope Stroud contracts Covid around Xmas Eve. Or Black Death. Either would do.
Swansea off - confirmed on 21:20 - Dec 14 with 3056 viewsBlackCrowe

Looking at it clinically and assuming noone is seriously ill, this is just the break the squad needs to refresh, get the injured that much fitter etc etc. But god i'll miss the pre-Christmas match for the second year running.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2021 21:26]

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Swansea off - confirmed on 21:59 - Dec 14 with 2895 viewsdmm

I'd guess the downside will be this match will be rescheduled to a weekday evening rather than a Saturday afternoon.

Also, assuming the competition goes ahead, this and the Sheff Utd match could be played while Chair, Dieng and Kakay are away at Afcon.
Swansea off - confirmed on 22:36 - Dec 14 with 2721 viewsdaveB

with the famzone off if you still want to get raffle tickets or donate to the charities you can do it online

https://trustdraw.qpr.co.uk/
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea off - confirmed on 22:38 - Dec 14 with 2712 viewscolinallcars

Swansea off - confirmed on 21:59 - Dec 14 by dmm

I'd guess the downside will be this match will be rescheduled to a weekday evening rather than a Saturday afternoon.

Also, assuming the competition goes ahead, this and the Sheff Utd match could be played while Chair, Dieng and Kakay are away at Afcon.

Yes, God only knows when we'll get our next Saturday game - although Rotherham is scheduled thus.
Our main hope seems to consist in that Omicron, although highly transmissable, may turn out to be less malevolent than previous strains.
Swansea off - confirmed on 22:43 - Dec 14 with 2702 viewsdavman

Isn't the third Saturday in January always a free one (assuming Sheff U or Swansea join us in exiting the FA Cup at our "final" stage (R3))?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Swansea off - confirmed on 22:44 - Dec 14 with 2696 viewskensalriser

If AFCON goes ahead, that is...

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Swansea off - confirmed on 22:52 - Dec 14 with 2680 viewsstowmarketrange

Swansea off - confirmed on 22:43 - Dec 14 by davman

Isn't the third Saturday in January always a free one (assuming Sheff U or Swansea join us in exiting the FA Cup at our "final" stage (R3))?

We’ve got coventry on the 22nd and reading on the 29th,so no free Saturdays unless only us or the fakes go out in round 3.
Swansea off - confirmed on 07:53 - Dec 15 with 2278 viewsEastR

A good quiz question for future years:

What was the date of the final 3pm Sat home fixture of 2021?
[Post edited 15 Dec 2021 8:24]

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Swansea off - confirmed on 08:07 - Dec 15 with 2230 viewsgazza1

Swansea off - confirmed on 20:29 - Dec 14 by WatfordR

Just have to hope Stroud contracts Covid around Xmas Eve. Or Black Death. Either would do.

Wrong!!!!
Swansea off - confirmed on 08:36 - Dec 15 with 2168 viewsterryb

Swansea off - confirmed on 22:43 - Dec 14 by davman

The 4th round of the FA Cup is the 5th February.

Why it is four weeks between rounds this year instead of the usual three I have no idea.
Swansea off - confirmed on 08:49 - Dec 15 with 2134 viewsozranger

Swansea off - confirmed on 08:36 - Dec 15 by terryb

The 4th round of the FA Cup is the 5th February.

Why it is four weeks between rounds this year instead of the usual three I have no idea.

Try five letters - AFCON
Swansea off - confirmed on 09:27 - Dec 15 with 2029 viewsPhildo

Swansea off - confirmed on 08:49 - Dec 15 by ozranger

Try five letters - AFCON

Talks underway to cancel that apparently
Swansea off - confirmed on 10:15 - Dec 15 with 1873 viewsBklynRanger

Swansea off - confirmed on 22:36 - Dec 14 by daveB

with the famzone off if you still want to get raffle tickets or donate to the charities you can do it online

https://trustdraw.qpr.co.uk/

That's a pity considering all the effort they'll have put in, am sure they're gutted.

Stating the obvious here but the only way to look at this stuff is to emphasise it's postponed rather than cancelled - once we get through this latest shyte it'll all be back on and appreciated more than ever.
Swansea off - confirmed on 10:28 - Dec 15 with 1817 viewsswisscottage

Swansea off - confirmed on 09:27 - Dec 15 by Phildo

Talks underway to cancel that apparently

Given the just announced Sky deal to broadcast it and the extra money, I think money will rule the decision and it will still go ahead unless things get considerably worse.
Swansea off - confirmed on 10:32 - Dec 15 with 1801 viewsNorthernr

Swansea off - confirmed on 10:28 - Dec 15 by swisscottage

Given the just announced Sky deal to broadcast it and the extra money, I think money will rule the decision and it will still go ahead unless things get considerably worse.

I'd probably take that bet at this point. I'd be stunned if that goes ahead.
Swansea off - confirmed on 10:53 - Dec 15 with 1732 viewsdaveB

Swansea off - confirmed on 10:28 - Dec 15 by swisscottage

it's been delayed twice already, I can't see it happening
Swansea off - confirmed on 10:54 - Dec 15 with 1729 viewsted_hendrix

Sincerely hope Bournemouth players/staff do not go down with Covid symptoms in the not to distant future.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Swansea off - confirmed on 10:55 - Dec 15 with 1725 viewsBklynRanger

Swansea off - confirmed on 10:32 - Dec 15 by Northernr

I'd probably take that bet at this point. I'd be stunned if that goes ahead.

Then again the African nations are pushing back quite hard (with some success) on the idea that Omicron is a specifically African variant - if we're still trying to go ahead with a full programme of domestic fixtures why shouldn't they go ahead with their tournament?
Swansea off - confirmed on 10:59 - Dec 15 with 1706 viewsNorthernr

Swansea off - confirmed on 10:55 - Dec 15 by BklynRanger

Then again the African nations are pushing back quite hard (with some success) on the idea that Omicron is a specifically African variant - if we're still trying to go ahead with a full programme of domestic fixtures why shouldn't they go ahead with their tournament?

Well I also don't think we'll have much of a domestic fixture list left in three weeks' time either, but even so it's different in an international tournament. The players are all living and travelling together 24/7, and there's nowhere to put the fixtures if they're postponed. Only needs just a couple of squads to have an outbreak in the group stage and then the whole tournament is gone, because they have to isolate for the best part of a fortnight. Whereas domestically we've got the next five months we can play rearranged games in, or potentially extend into the summer.
Swansea off - confirmed on 11:06 - Dec 15 with 1662 viewsBklynRanger

Swansea off - confirmed on 10:59 - Dec 15 by Northernr

Well I also don't think we'll have much of a domestic fixture list left in three weeks' time either, but even so it's different in an international tournament. The players are all living and travelling together 24/7, and there's nowhere to put the fixtures if they're postponed. Only needs just a couple of squads to have an outbreak in the group stage and then the whole tournament is gone, because they have to isolate for the best part of a fortnight. Whereas domestically we've got the next five months we can play rearranged games in, or potentially extend into the summer.

All true - and agree about how things could look in three weeks time. I think it will be a busy Spring put it that way. I just hope whatever negotiations are happening they're being handled carefully.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024