Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What The Local Fake Press Made Of Today. 18:34 - Jan 29 with 5020 viewsted_hendrix

Low scores all round in Reading FC player ratings as Royals are thumped by rampant Rangers.

Reading FC's miserable season continued as they suffered a fifth straight league defeat after being thumped 4-0 at QPR.

Southwood 3
As usual, made several decent stops to prevent the scoreline from being greater. No individual mistakes but that's now more than 20 goals conceded in only five games so Karl Hein could be getting a chance next game.

Yiadom 2
Loose at times in possession which saw him give the ball away far too easily and gave QPR far too much space down his side. Had a good sight at goal towards the end of the first half but saw a shot deflected wide.

Holmes 3
Had a shocker of a first half, letting Dykes have too much room for the opening goal and then seeing the Scotsman's header come off him for the second. Made a few decent blocks in the second half.

Morrison 2
Found wanting again as he was unable to organise the backline into any sort of shape. Needed to help rally his teammates when QPR were running rampant in the first half.

Rahman 3
Going forward, he actually played quite well, producing some nice touches and teasing crosses into the box. Unfortunately, had a miserable day defensively and Adomah got the better of him again, like in the reverse fixture.

Laurent 4
Worked hard up and down the middle of the pitch but his end product was lacking when he got into some promising positions. Had half a shout for a penalty moments before the opening goal.

Drinkwater 2
Very little impact on the game once again. Did not give up trying but his passing didn't click whatsoever.

Rinomhota 5
A willing runner and brought the legs to the midfield but let down by his teammates around him. Made some superb tackles.

Swift 2
Completely gone off the boil compared with earlier in the season. Had a number of opportunities at free-kicks but couldn't get any of them on target.

Puscas 1
Withdrawn at the break after a disastrous first half. Couldn't hold the ball up or win his 50-50s and posed absolutely zero attacking threat, aside from an early shot which he put over the bar.

Joao 2
Had a few chances to score with some glancing headers, the best coming in the second half but Marshall was equal to it. Caught offside on numerous occasions as the team tried to get into the QPR half.

Ejaria 4
Replaced Puscas for the second 45. Gave the side some fresh impetus and energy but the game was already long gone.

Dele-Bashiru 4
Got the final half hour in place of Laurent. Had several shots at goal but couldn't get any of them on target.

Deep Joy.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

What The Local Fake Press Made Of Today. on 18:45 - Jan 29 with 4215 viewshantssi

Top scorer getting a 5, love it!!
What The Local Fake Press Made Of Today. on 18:47 - Jan 29 with 4197 viewsMick_S

What The Local Fake Press Made Of Today. on 18:45 - Jan 29 by hantssi

Top scorer getting a 5, love it!!

We should have got 5.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

What The Local Fake Press Made Of Today. on 18:55 - Jan 29 with 4094 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Not sure where they got 2 for Yiadom and Swift from. Both looked good players to me but there's clearly something seriously wrong at Reading. Individually alright but collectively an absolute disaster.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

What The Local Fake Press Made Of Today. on 20:20 - Jan 29 with 3830 viewsLazyFan

Yiadom looked useful today and seemed to be the only one trying. I felt sorry for him as he was on his own.

Maybe because we wanted to sign him once but never did.
Source: https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/06/25/report-qpr-involved-in-race-to-sign-barnle

His contract expires in the summer so, probably looking to showcase himself. But we already yahve Moses who is younger.

zzzzzzzzzz

What The Local Fake Press Made Of Today. on 20:41 - Jan 29 with 3697 viewsEsox_Lucius

Yiadom, Baba, Pucas, Joao Holmes and Ejaria were all 6 or better in my opinion. I kept Swift out of that because his free kicks were absolute shoite bar 1. Drinkwater was the worst player on the pitch by some distance.

The grass is always greener.

What The Local Fake Press Made Of Today. on 20:45 - Jan 29 with 3668 viewsBrianMcCarthy

What The Local Fake Press Made Of Today. on 20:20 - Jan 29 by LazyFan

Yiadom looked useful today and seemed to be the only one trying. I felt sorry for him as he was on his own.

Maybe because we wanted to sign him once but never did.
Source: https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/06/25/report-qpr-involved-in-race-to-sign-barnle

His contract expires in the summer so, probably looking to showcase himself. But we already yahve Moses who is younger.

Warburton name-checked him post-match as well, as being a dangerous player and someone he'd worked with before.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

What The Local Fake Press Made Of Today. on 20:52 - Jan 29 with 3623 viewsBrianMcCarthy

But, to the OP.

Ted, Ted, Ted.. how happy are we for you today...

I'm sure I heard the team during their lap of honour... mutter to each other, something I couldn’t quite catch, totally incomprehensible to me, something like, ‘Tell Ted, his
little chipmunks will love him forever’.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

What The Local Fake Press Made Of Today. on 22:22 - Jan 29 with 3348 viewssimmo

2 for Drinkwater seems high, given his pedigree he was horrific

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Login to get fewer ads

What The Local Fake Press Made Of Today. on 22:25 - Jan 29 with 3326 viewsRangersw12

They seemed half decent on the ball but were terrible without it

They reminded me of our Prem relegation teams and they look in big trouble. Half the players couldn't be bothered to run and chase runners etc
What The Local Fake Press Made Of Today. on 22:29 - Jan 29 with 3307 viewsMick_S

What The Local Fake Press Made Of Today. on 20:45 - Jan 29 by BrianMcCarthy

Warburton name-checked him post-match as well, as being a dangerous player and someone he'd worked with before.

He stood out for us from where we were in the Ellerslie today. A very good player in a poor team.

Hats off to the three Dublin boys over for the match that we met on the way back to the station. Into Stanstead this morning, to the match and straight back to the airport for the flight back. They reckon they spent more on train fares than on their flights. They picked the right match.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

What The Local Fake Press Made Of Today. (n/t) on 22:44 - Jan 29 with 3224 viewsmylot50years

What The Local Fake Press Made Of Today. on 22:29 - Jan 29 by Mick_S

He stood out for us from where we were in the Ellerslie today. A very good player in a poor team.

Hats off to the three Dublin boys over for the match that we met on the way back to the station. Into Stanstead this morning, to the match and straight back to the airport for the flight back. They reckon they spent more on train fares than on their flights. They picked the right match.

What The Local Fake Press Made Of Today. (n/t) on 22:44 - Jan 29 with 3218 viewsmylot50years

What The Local Fake Press Made Of Today. on 22:29 - Jan 29 by Mick_S

What The Local Fake Press Made Of Today. on 23:05 - Jan 29 with 3102 viewsted_hendrix

What The Local Fake Press Made Of Today. on 20:52 - Jan 29 by BrianMcCarthy

But, to the OP.

Ted, Ted, Ted.. how happy are we for you today...

I'm sure I heard the team during their lap of honour... mutter to each other, something I couldn’t quite catch, totally incomprehensible to me, something like, ‘Tell Ted, his
little chipmunks will love him forever’.

Happiness has rained down on Hendrix Towers this afternoon and this evening.

Alas,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Unfortunately I think that the current bottom three will be the final bottom three come Saturday 7th May.

But in the meantime hee-hee---tee-hee.

Bastards.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

What The Local Fake Press Made Of Today. on 23:37 - Jan 29 with 2987 viewsDWQPR

What The Local Fake Press Made Of Today. on 23:05 - Jan 29 by ted_hendrix

Happiness has rained down on Hendrix Towers this afternoon and this evening.

Alas,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Unfortunately I think that the current bottom three will be the final bottom three come Saturday 7th May.

But in the meantime hee-hee---tee-hee.

Bastards.

After watching Reading today they look a team going through the motions when with some of the players they have they should be top half. They are in serious trouble and if WRDCFC can survive and keep what they have after Monday then I can see them catching Reading along with Peterborough. It’s just a shame that Cardiff should beat the drop by default this season.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

What The Local Fake Press Made Of Today. on 23:51 - Jan 29 with 2929 viewsdistortR

What The Local Fake Press Made Of Today. on 18:55 - Jan 29 by CliveWilsonSaid

Not sure where they got 2 for Yiadom and Swift from. Both looked good players to me but there's clearly something seriously wrong at Reading. Individually alright but collectively an absolute disaster.

Funny, I watched yiadom and was happy we missed out on him on today's performance, but I seem to be in a minority
What The Local Fake Press Made Of Today. on 00:02 - Jan 30 with 2899 viewsCiderwithRsie

What The Local Fake Press Made Of Today. on 23:37 - Jan 29 by DWQPR

After watching Reading today they look a team going through the motions when with some of the players they have they should be top half. They are in serious trouble and if WRDCFC can survive and keep what they have after Monday then I can see them catching Reading along with Peterborough. It’s just a shame that Cardiff should beat the drop by default this season.

Couldn't we have five relegated teams this year, just for once? Some sort of lifetime achievement award?

I like to imagine HM the Queen (God bless her, may she live forever etc) being asked what she really, really, really wants for her Platinum Jubilee and saying "Yiss, every time one looks it of the windows it Windsor, one can jist catch a glimpse of those absolute Kents at the Madejski. I don't suppose you could have the fickers relegated this year?"
What The Local Fake Press Made Of Today. on 00:05 - Jan 30 with 2877 viewsMrSheen

Really weird game. I know it was all over after half time, but if you had watched the last twenty minutes only, you might have thought you were watching two teams equally confident on the ball. The difference is we had steel and energy in defence, and they seemed to fall apart when they lost possession. They had their chances but I felt cheated we didn’t win 7-0.
What The Local Fake Press Made Of Today. on 08:53 - Jan 30 with 2611 viewsWatfordR

What The Local Fake Press Made Of Today. on 00:05 - Jan 30 by MrSheen

Really weird game. I know it was all over after half time, but if you had watched the last twenty minutes only, you might have thought you were watching two teams equally confident on the ball. The difference is we had steel and energy in defence, and they seemed to fall apart when they lost possession. They had their chances but I felt cheated we didn’t win 7-0.

I’d say they were the worst team at LR this season, by some distance. And I’m including Sunderland, Rotherham and Oxford.

The only time I can remember us being able to walk the ball forward from the back unhindered pretty much every time. Almost as though they hadn’t scouted us at all. Credit to them for not giving up on coming forward, but I’ve seen many games over the years where the opposition have declared early when the game is won and let us have more of the ball.

Defensively they were non league standard.

Living round Winnersh (apologies Clive), there hasn’t been a Reading shirt or badge to be seen for weeks. But there’ll be at least one set of proper Hoops on display everywhere I go this week 😎
[Post edited 30 Jan 2022 8:54]
What The Local Fake Press Made Of Today. on 09:00 - Jan 30 with 2559 viewsDorse

I feast on their tears.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

What The Local Fake Press Made Of Today. on 09:01 - Jan 30 with 2544 viewstoboboly

What The Local Fake Press Made Of Today. on 20:41 - Jan 29 by Esox_Lucius

Yiadom, Baba, Pucas, Joao Holmes and Ejaria were all 6 or better in my opinion. I kept Swift out of that because his free kicks were absolute shoite bar 1. Drinkwater was the worst player on the pitch by some distance.

Really? I thought Ejaria was absolutely woeful.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

What The Local Fake Press Made Of Today. on 09:05 - Jan 30 with 2518 viewsstowmarketrange

It was funny to hear them sing “We want our Reading back.”
Does that include a move back to Elm Park?At least that ground would be full most weeks.
What The Local Fake Press Made Of Today. on 09:39 - Jan 30 with 2409 viewseastside_r

What The Local Fake Press Made Of Today. on 08:53 - Jan 30 by WatfordR

I’d say they were the worst team at LR this season, by some distance. And I’m including Sunderland, Rotherham and Oxford.

The only time I can remember us being able to walk the ball forward from the back unhindered pretty much every time. Almost as though they hadn’t scouted us at all. Credit to them for not giving up on coming forward, but I’ve seen many games over the years where the opposition have declared early when the game is won and let us have more of the ball.

Defensively they were non league standard.

Living round Winnersh (apologies Clive), there hasn’t been a Reading shirt or badge to be seen for weeks. But there’ll be at least one set of proper Hoops on display everywhere I go this week 😎
[Post edited 30 Jan 2022 8:54]

Spot on. They actually have some talented players, but as a team, it looks like they have decided not to play for this manager.

Easily the worst away team this season.
What The Local Fake Press Made Of Today. on 09:45 - Jan 30 with 2380 viewsPaddyhoops

Poor a team as I've seen her for a long time.
It was inevitable as soon as the first one went in they would concede lots more. We should have at least 6.
I read the tilehirst report of the game.
They were pretty scathing which is understandable.
The implication was that the all the goals were avoidable but when you get thumped they always are.
What The Local Fake Press Made Of Today. on 09:53 - Jan 30 with 2341 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

What The Local Fake Press Made Of Today. on 23:51 - Jan 29 by distortR

Funny, I watched yiadom and was happy we missed out on him on today's performance, but I seem to be in a minority

He didn't endear himself with the pathetic reaction to the foul on him in the first half. I thought he looked talented though.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

What The Local Fake Press Made Of Today. on 11:37 - Jan 30 with 2194 viewsGhost_on_the_Westway

Yeah I wonder how many of them who were half-Reading-half-Man U/Liverpool/Arsenal until Majeski and Coppell came to town were singing “We want our Reading back”?
Up The Posh.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2022 11:39]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024