Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How do you like them? Report 22:24 - Aug 31 with 4069 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/58436
How do you like them? Report on 22:38 - Aug 31 with 3929 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Nice hook!

Thanks as ever, Clive. Really enjoyed that.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

How do you like them? Report on 22:45 - Aug 31 with 3881 viewsA40Bosh

How do you like them? Report on 22:38 - Aug 31 by BrianMcCarthy

Nice hook!

Thanks as ever, Clive. Really enjoyed that.

Yep, can go to bed now it's dropped and read

Thanks as always Clive

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

How do you like them? Report on 22:47 - Aug 31 with 3876 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

As your report says, QPR were at their best, as was the crowd with the support for Dykes.
My son turned to me and said that we were playing like Leeds under Bielsa, and I have to agree with him. For the first time in a very long time we looked on a different level to the opposition. The relentless press, the rotation of players shifting positions, the clear trigger points that you mentioned. It is all suddenly clicking.
I also can't believe the transformation of Dozzell, 95th minute and still pressing. He is like a new signing.
How do you like them? Report on 22:51 - Aug 31 with 3836 viewsnix

Loved this. It's fantastic to celebrate the joy again. Thanks Clive.

Just to add I don't think we've had a defender yet playing against Armstrong who doesn't look like he's trying to nick his top off him. Which is really encouraging when his game comes together.
How do you like them? Report on 23:25 - Aug 31 with 3658 viewsdmm

"Those poor bastards playing for Hull, it’ll have been a long coach ride home after this chasing and I suspect if they’d looked out the back window as it trundled back up the A1 they’d have seen Chair chasing after them on foot in the lane behind."
How do you like them? Report on 23:49 - Aug 31 with 3592 viewsDannyPaddox

How do you like them? Report on 22:47 - Aug 31 by Wilkinswatercarrier

As your report says, QPR were at their best, as was the crowd with the support for Dykes.
My son turned to me and said that we were playing like Leeds under Bielsa, and I have to agree with him. For the first time in a very long time we looked on a different level to the opposition. The relentless press, the rotation of players shifting positions, the clear trigger points that you mentioned. It is all suddenly clicking.
I also can't believe the transformation of Dozzell, 95th minute and still pressing. He is like a new signing.

Mick Beale. The Bromley Bielsa.
How do you like them? Report on 23:50 - Aug 31 with 3589 viewsNoelmc

Thanks Clive.

Great report with the stand-out line highlighted by DMM above.
How do you like them? Report on 23:56 - Aug 31 with 3577 viewsted_hendrix

Can we play that well again?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

How do you like them? Report on 02:15 - Sep 1 with 3411 viewsB_Wad

Wonderful writing once again. Thank you.

I think the preview touched on this but with the emotional and hard fought game on Saturday, I felt a let down in energy and performance was natural and very likely. That the team, pretty much to a man, played at such a high level on Tuesday was incredible and something that builds optimism.
How do you like them? Report on 03:24 - Sep 1 with 3370 viewsCLAREMAN1995

2 great displays by QPR in 3 days followed by 2 great match reports how quickly things change and thankfully so.
I am hoping above hope Willock is not sold in the next 24 hours because it will put a huge damper on this site and QPR in general.
Lets keep this happy streak going ,leave our top players alone and sign Archer then it will be a historic week
How do you like them? Report on 04:08 - Sep 1 with 3348 viewsMatch82

A lesser spotted 9! Deserved I reckon. Good that game was enjoyable. More please!
How do you like them? Report on 10:22 - Sep 1 with 2653 viewsCroydonCaptJack

How do you like them? Report on 22:51 - Aug 31 by nix

Just to add I don't think we've had a defender yet playing against Armstrong who doesn't look like he's trying to nick his top off him. Which is really encouraging when his game comes together.

Yes, he nearly always seems to nearly lose his top!
How do you like them? Report on 10:44 - Sep 1 with 2585 viewsPhilmyRs

Great report, enjoyable read.

Some observations of the game which I don’t think are in line with the general mood and this report. I wasn’t that disappointed at home to Blackpool and flagged how people had overreacted a bit to that defeat — it wasn’t that bad a performance for me. At the same time, whilst I thought some of our attacking play was first class and just what I want to see from a Rangers side, I still feel we’re far too open and easy to cut through. Simple balls over the top or into the channels are causing us all sorts of issues. Not sure if the unpredictability of the lino played a part in this but any BTTS bets should always have us included. ‘Fix the roof while the sun shines’ as Beale regularly say’s, I still won’t be surprised if we end up playing a back 3 when Clarke is fit to try and address our defensive vulnerabilities.

And Steff. I would describe his first half performance as first class without the ball — which is surprising — but pretty poor with it. Thought he gave the ball away a lot, played a lot of so-called ‘hospital passes’ to teammates and I just didn’t think he had any decent control of the football. Second half much better, and tackling was right up there all night, but I was underwhelmed with what he’s best at (the artistry as the Manager says) but the amount of people that have picked him out for praise suggests I’m possibly being a bit harsh. When everyone’s fit, I’d be looking towards an Amos/Dozzell partnership but do remain a fan of Steff.
How do you like them? Report on 10:44 - Sep 1 with 2583 viewsTheChef

How do you like them? Report on 22:51 - Aug 31 by nix

Yes great report Clive - just failed to mention Armstrong's excellent battering ram cameo. Arguably the most physical forward I've seen since the days of Furlong and Helguson.

Much as he could be out on loan getting more minutes, I think he's learning plenty from his sub appearances and getting the chance to show what he is all about too.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

How do you like them? Report on 10:47 - Sep 1 with 2566 viewsNorthernr

I mean behind the curtain I'm not surprised there are bits and pieces missing because I may possibly have responded to that first half and two wins in a week by escaping and going on a bit of a bender...
How do you like them? Report on 11:18 - Sep 1 with 2438 viewsrobith

The last 3 wins are games I haven't been to. Clearly the key to victory is for me to stop coming
How do you like them? Report on 16:16 - Sep 1 with 1953 viewswestberksr

How do you like them? Report on 11:18 - Sep 1 by robith

The last 3 wins are games I haven't been to. Clearly the key to victory is for me to stop coming

likewise; was in 2 minds but having spent too long in the car over the weekend opted for the TV. we win...

the 1 time I made it was Blackpool..... you're all welcome
How do you like them? Report on 16:41 - Sep 1 with 1901 viewsterryb

I loved the Chair & Willock goals, but it was the Laird goal that blew my mind!

A well worked team goal will always outdo a wonderful strike in my eyes & the full back to full back rounded it off perfectly.

A great night & well worth the trip on Greater Anglia!
How do you like them? Report on 16:57 - Sep 1 with 1871 viewsBrianMcCarthy

How do you like them? Report on 16:41 - Sep 1 by terryb

I loved the Chair & Willock goals, but it was the Laird goal that blew my mind!

A well worked team goal will always outdo a wonderful strike in my eyes & the full back to full back rounded it off perfectly.

A great night & well worth the trip on Greater Anglia!

Agree completely, Terry.

I love a team goal. I think it's the building anticipation as you see it unfurl before you, and then the littel surprises you don't see coming. And then you see it, you wonder if it could possibly...and it has!

For instance, Willock's goal against Watford was a great finish but the best moment of it is when Laird arrives from absolutely nowhere because that's when you think "Oh Christ, this is on!".

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

How do you like them? Report on 20:45 - Sep 1 with 1503 viewsManinBlack

Incredible write up covers everything.

I don't think Dunne was the only one annoyed at the end. I was, on the basis that was s game we controlled but yet we lost the second half. I was sure at half time we would break our duck of not scoring at the Loft end but how wrong I was so 4 games and counting. Perhaps we need to attack the home end first half...
How do you like them? Report on 00:08 - Sep 2 with 1281 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I just watched the start of full 90 video up until the second goal. It's so good. If I were a footballer (which I'm not), I'd want to be like Paal.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2022 0:08]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024