Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paal and Johansen tonight 22:18 - Sep 14 with 4437 viewsextratimeR

Well done both players tonight, I have criticized Paal early in season for defensive positioning and Johansen for well being passed it, but Paal has got better and better and Johansen was excellent tonight, Tim really got into the game in the Second half and he really was to much for Millwall.

Mind you Laird looks the signing of the season.
Paal and Johansen tonight on 22:25 - Sep 14 with 3682 viewsted_hendrix

I'm chuffed to bits to have Paal and Laird in our squad to me they are, are two best signings, excellent scouting from our club.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Paal and Johansen tonight on 00:42 - Sep 15 with 3316 viewsMiss_Terraces

On another thread Paal was compared to Clive Wilson, I see that but I see more Paul Parker, there's no way he should be winning those balls. I'm getting excited what this squad can achieve

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Paal and Johansen tonight on 00:47 - Sep 15 with 3307 viewsdmm

Hugely impressed with Paal tonight. Could arguably be MotM. For a little fella his jump is incredible, and he repeatedly beat players in the air much taller than him.
Paal and Johansen tonight on 07:29 - Sep 15 with 2950 viewsBlackCrowe

Agree - he has real Parker similarities, including jumping like a salmon.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Paal and Johansen tonight on 07:42 - Sep 15 with 2885 viewsNorthantsHoop

Both superb, to be honest Johansen has been brilliant so far this season, appears to have re-discovered his mojo.
Paal and Johansen tonight on 08:07 - Sep 15 with 2767 viewsdavman

Paal and Johansen tonight on 07:42 - Sep 15 by NorthantsHoop

Both superb, to be honest Johansen has been brilliant so far this season, appears to have re-discovered his mojo.

Been brilliant the last few games, but was not great for the first few. I think there has been a tweak tactically moving Sam Field to where he should be and pushing Steff further forward, which has turned him round.

Plus REAL competition for places, which should spur him on...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Paal and Johansen tonight on 08:09 - Sep 15 with 2760 viewsNorthernr

Johansen, if you could have a ten day break between every game that's what you'd get, if he could do that three times a week he wouldn't be playing for us.

Paal, something else. Getting better every game. We may have a real find on our hands here. Absolutely loved Millwall thinking a 5ft 5in full back would be their key to the kingdom and then him winning every header - Paul Parker-like in his leap.
Paal and Johansen tonight on 08:30 - Sep 15 with 2663 viewsstevec

Paal was superb. His positioning is so good, really reads the game.

Laird also immense. Incredibly exciting to have two proper full backs.

We just need someone to fill that CF position, I fear Norwich and Sheffield might have disappeared into the distance by time we solve that one.
Login to get fewer ads

Paal and Johansen tonight on 08:30 - Sep 15 with 2671 viewsdaveB

I was worried about Paal after the Blackpool and Rotherham games, thought he looked very average but he's got better with every game since, superb last night
Paal and Johansen tonight on 12:25 - Sep 15 with 2416 viewsderbyhoop

The pace and physicality of the Championship is different to Eredivisie.
Taken a little time to adapt, as will Irougebunam, but Paal is improving all the time.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all oneÒ€ℒs lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Paal and Johansen tonight on 12:35 - Sep 15 with 2367 viewsMrSheen

Paal and Johansen tonight on 08:30 - Sep 15 by daveB

I was worried about Paal after the Blackpool and Rotherham games, thought he looked very average but he's got better with every game since, superb last night

One of the strange things about those games is that without Willock in the side, we didn't play up the lest side of the field at all. At points against Blackpool, Paal would have his hand in the air for the ball, but the five nearest players to him all wore tangerine. With WIllock back, he and Chair started a lot of their combinations on that side, bringing Paal into the play and driving the other lot back. If nothing else, it seems to have listed Paal's confidence and familiarity with the standard of play.
Paal and Johansen tonight on 12:37 - Sep 15 with 2340 viewsLazyFan

When I first saw Paal, I thought he's class but notice he was nervous and stayed back in his first game. It's not that he's improved over the games, it's that his confidence has increased to go forward.

If we recall he was in a relegated team, and comes to London, at a club he may even have heard off. Knowing that if he manages to establish himself this will be his only chance to make it big time to the Prem or at least establish his career without being one of those ones who fade away in the low-paid lower leagues. Lots of change and pressure for him.

Watford game showed his true game. He kept Sarr quiet and was involved in the goals in an attacking way. Paal now knows the level of what he's up against, and the confidence is there now to go forward as well, he will make mistakes, but overall he will adapt.

He's not as good as Clive Wilson, but he sure plays close to that level.

zzzzzzzzzz

Paal and Johansen tonight on 15:05 - Sep 15 with 2113 viewsPinnerPaul

Yep SJ my MOTM, Paal not far behind.
Paal and Johansen tonight on 15:43 - Sep 15 with 2052 viewsdanehoop

I'd agree with that. Thought Johansen just seemed so much more mobile, aware and just seemed to be driving things from the Midfield last night. Pleased that he scored as well, cherry on top for that performance.

Never knowingly understood

Paal and Johansen tonight on 15:49 - Sep 15 with 2017 viewskensalriser

Paal and Johansen tonight on 08:09 - Sep 15 by Northernr

Johansen, if you could have a ten day break between every game that's what you'd get, if he could do that three times a week he wouldn't be playing for us.

Paal, something else. Getting better every game. We may have a real find on our hands here. Absolutely loved Millwall thinking a 5ft 5in full back would be their key to the kingdom and then him winning every header - Paul Parker-like in his leap.

5'7" apparently, let's not exaggerate! Seems right to me, he doesn't look 5'5".

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Paal and Johansen tonight on 15:51 - Sep 15 with 2015 viewsNorthernr

Paal and Johansen tonight on 15:49 - Sep 15 by kensalriser

5'7" apparently, let's not exaggerate! Seems right to me, he doesn't look 5'5".

Well he stood next to Chair pre kick off at Crawley in front of us and they were exactly the same size, and there's no way on God's green earth that Ilias Chair is 5ft 7ins tall.
Paal and Johansen tonight on 16:00 - Sep 15 with 1989 viewskensalriser

Paal and Johansen tonight on 15:51 - Sep 15 by Northernr

Well he stood next to Chair pre kick off at Crawley in front of us and they were exactly the same size, and there's no way on God's green earth that Ilias Chair is 5ft 7ins tall.

No way! Club site has Chair at 158cm and 53kg, Paal at 174cm and 70kg. The weights check, as Paal can't be 17kg heavier if he's the same height as Chair. We need them standing together in front of a height measure, who at the club can make that happen?

Paal and Johansen tonight on 16:40 - Sep 15 with 1932 viewsted_hendrix

Paal and Johansen tonight on 16:00 - Sep 15 by kensalriser

No way! Club site has Chair at 158cm and 53kg, Paal at 174cm and 70kg. The weights check, as Paal can't be 17kg heavier if he's the same height as Chair. We need them standing together in front of a height measure, who at the club can make that happen?

They're like a pair of 5 a side goal posts.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Paal and Johansen tonight on 17:06 - Sep 15 with 1870 viewsgazza1

Paal is a proper decent left sided player.......last night he was very good indeed.

Although he did not start the season as well as I thought he would, he was doing the 'right & proper' things that we should expect from a left sided attacking/defensive player but just didn't work out.

He needs time to adjust to English football but he is improving and well worthy of his place in the team.
Paal and Johansen tonight on 17:08 - Sep 15 with 1861 viewsNorthernr

Well unless Google conversion has it wrong that makes Chair a little over 5ft 1in tall, which even I think is a bit of a pisstake
Paal and Johansen tonight on 17:14 - Sep 15 with 1840 viewsDavieQPR

Strange that wherever you look online Paal is listed as 5'9''.
Paal and Johansen tonight on 17:34 - Sep 15 with 1804 viewskensalriser

Paal and Johansen tonight on 17:08 - Sep 15 by Northernr

Well unless Google conversion has it wrong that makes Chair a little over 5ft 1in tall, which even I think is a bit of a pisstake

No, you're right there, that's absurd. My guess is Chair is around 5'4'' and Paal 5'6".

But we definitely need the weigh in and height measurement, verified by an independent witness on video.

Paal and Johansen tonight on 17:35 - Sep 15 with 1804 viewsfournil

Your wish is my command

Paal and Johansen tonight on 17:40 - Sep 15 with 1789 viewsdmm

Paal and Johansen tonight on 17:35 - Sep 15 by fournil

Your wish is my command

Oooooo there's not a lot in it!
Paal and Johansen tonight on 17:45 - Sep 15 with 1780 viewsPinnerPaul

Paal and Johansen tonight on 08:09 - Sep 15 by Northernr

Very good point about SJ - think you're right

Hope he proves us wrong on Saturday - as I'm sure you do as well!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024