Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phew, that was nerve wracking. 17:16 - Oct 22 with 5070 viewsSnipper

That’s what you call winning ugly football.
Phew, that was nerve wracking. on 17:28 - Oct 22 with 3968 viewsManinBlack

A relief to win but as I didn't see the game so am I right in thinking we were kicking towards the Loft second half as no goals scored in open play once again. Amazing to have such a handicap and not be able to score down one end of the ground yet we are top!

As we couldn't beat promoted Sunderland and Rotherham and have difficulty against anyone from League 1 it comes as no surprise this was hard work looking at Brian's comms and match thread comments. I am more staggered anyone would think we would win 4-0 today.
Phew, that was nerve wracking. on 17:38 - Oct 22 with 3876 viewsBrianMcCarthy

If we're going to do more of this being on top of the table lark, we will still have days where we play below par. On those days the possible outcomes are simple: play poorly and drop points; play poorly and find a way to win anyway.

Today without Willock and JoJo we managed the latter. That'll do, Pig.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Phew, that was nerve wracking. on 17:55 - Oct 22 with 3743 viewsBklynRanger

It was a 'squad win' which is good. Not a great one by any means but being able to do it like that is progress.

Stef looked OK at the end so hopefully not that much, and I'd guess the Tim Oranjeboom switch was tactical. Plus the Amos for Big Man change. So you had a completely different midfield, compared to that in form one, who had also played a lot less recently, plus the loss of an unpredictable physical force up front. Minus Willock of course.

Dickie looked rusty to me, as did Dozzell, and Luke played better when he didn't have time than when he did - too much looking backwards and square during easy phases of possession. Turn round and have a go Luke, link up with Laird ffs - when you do it's great.

Wigan can feel aggrieved not to get a point I think bt the end but we should have really put more distance between us in the first half. So a solid win I thought all things considered.
Phew, that was nerve wracking. on 18:09 - Oct 22 with 3600 viewsLblock

We’ve nicked two points there for me.

Amos and Dozzell were pretty rank second half.
Yet again Field MoM for me with Laird and Leon close.

Not a great performance but that turn in the box by Chair was phenomenal and reminded me of the original Morrocan Magician

We move on

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Phew, that was nerve wracking. on 18:11 - Oct 22 with 3579 viewswelwynranger

Wow what a football match.
Definitely one for the neutrals.
Unfortunately I am not one.

I thought Wigan were brilliant in the second half and definately deserved a point.
But the work ethic and teamwork from Rangers was something I haven't seen in a good few years.
Very satisfying.
All in all a great day.

Come on URRRRS
Phew, that was nerve wracking. on 18:30 - Oct 22 with 3401 viewsDWQPR

Wigan must be the tallest team I’ve ever seen. Wouldn’t have looked out of place on a basketball court. Thought our central defenders really did well with the arial bombardment.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Phew, that was nerve wracking. on 18:33 - Oct 22 with 3369 viewstraininvain

Phew, that was nerve wracking. on 18:09 - Oct 22 by Lblock

We’ve nicked two points there for me.

Amos and Dozzell were pretty rank second half.
Yet again Field MoM for me with Laird and Leon close.

Not a great performance but that turn in the box by Chair was phenomenal and reminded me of the original Morrocan Magician

We move on

I thought Laird was not up to his usual high standards today. Paal looked more like a Man Utd loanee.

Agree re Field and Balogun and Dykes did well today.
Phew, that was nerve wracking. on 18:45 - Oct 22 with 3254 viewsBklynRanger

Phew, that was nerve wracking. on 18:33 - Oct 22 by traininvain

I thought Laird was not up to his usual high standards today. Paal looked more like a Man Utd loanee.

Agree re Field and Balogun and Dykes did well today.

Yeah I didn't think he was his usual self today. I think McLean may have given him quite a lot to think about, or he may have been given that particular, more defensive job. Plus he didn't get the quick service that he should have at times.

Still quality and no gaffs that I remember but far less attacking threat.
Login to get fewer ads

Phew, that was nerve wracking. on 19:14 - Oct 22 with 3057 viewsWatfordR

The guys who did all the dirty work today, Dykes, Field and Balogun would be my MoM contenders. In many ways, probably Dykes best game for us I thought. Plus a word for Tim, his best game yet.
Phew, that was nerve wracking. on 19:16 - Oct 22 with 3041 viewsRs_Holy

Yep still very much work in progress… but to play badly (2nd half) and still win is a good sign
Phew, that was nerve wracking. on 19:21 - Oct 22 with 3011 viewsdistortR

I watched Wigan beat Blackburn recently,and thought they would cause us problems. Big,powerful, direct team.
Phew, that was nerve wracking. on 19:25 - Oct 22 with 2962 viewsNorthantsHoop

Well battled win, thought Wigan were decent and probably deserved a point, overloaded both Paal and Laird so they could not provide attacking threat. Key was getting the 2nd goal so soon after Wigan equalised. Nice 3 points.
Phew, that was nerve wracking. on 19:27 - Oct 22 with 2936 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Phew, that was nerve wracking. on 19:14 - Oct 22 by WatfordR

The guys who did all the dirty work today, Dykes, Field and Balogun would be my MoM contenders. In many ways, probably Dykes best game for us I thought. Plus a word for Tim, his best game yet.

I forgot Dunne.

He would have been a huge addition today, especially aerially.

Phew, that was nerve wracking. on 19:31 - Oct 22 with 2898 viewsPaddyhoops

Got away with that one.
After steff departed we didn’t look the same side.
Pall was my MOTM.
Laird had a poor game by his high standards.
Thought the crowd were great today especially second half when we were under the cosh.
Micky Beales blue army!!
Phew, that was nerve wracking. on 19:32 - Oct 22 with 2894 viewsqueensparker

Echo the Dykes praise, on a day when a lot of our better players looked tired and off the pace, he was all over the place. The defending from the front he does is outstanding, he must have put in the most tackles in the whole team. He’s miles better in a front two, if the Armstrong / Dykes pairing could just gel, imagine having to mark those two on top form?

Field and Chair ran themselves into the ground, and Balogun/JCS looks like our best defence pairing (apologies to Dunne and Dickie, but when did we last have four centre backs of that calibre?)

Reminded me of Sheff U away, we were defending for a long time but we never really gave away any chances.

Fair play to Wigan they looked decent and caused us problems.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2022 19:38]
Phew, that was nerve wracking. on 19:35 - Oct 22 with 2858 viewsPaddyhoops

Phew, that was nerve wracking. on 19:27 - Oct 22 by BrianMcCarthy

I forgot Dunne.

He would have been a huge addition today, especially aerially.

Much as I love Dunney . I was very impressed with JSC today especially first half .
Glasgow Rangers must have some world beaters at centre half to deem Belagon surplus to requirements. He’s class !!
Phew, that was nerve wracking. on 19:45 - Oct 22 with 2778 viewskensalriser

We were the better team overall and deserved to win, despite Wigan's strong showing second half. I thought the tippy tappy triangles at 1-0 when it looked like we were going to breeze the game were a bit previous, Beale needs to nip that in the bud.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2022 19:52]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Phew, that was nerve wracking. on 19:47 - Oct 22 with 2761 viewsngbqpr

Phew, that was nerve wracking. on 19:32 - Oct 22 by queensparker

Echo the Dykes praise, on a day when a lot of our better players looked tired and off the pace, he was all over the place. The defending from the front he does is outstanding, he must have put in the most tackles in the whole team. He’s miles better in a front two, if the Armstrong / Dykes pairing could just gel, imagine having to mark those two on top form?

Field and Chair ran themselves into the ground, and Balogun/JCS looks like our best defence pairing (apologies to Dunne and Dickie, but when did we last have four centre backs of that calibre?)

Reminded me of Sheff U away, we were defending for a long time but we never really gave away any chances.

Fair play to Wigan they looked decent and caused us problems.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2022 19:38]

Re 4 quality CBs in the same squad, I think there was a brief period when we had Roeder, Fenwick, Hazell and Wicks.

Or am I dreaming?

Macca, Maddix and Parker was an amazing three.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Phew, that was nerve wracking. on 20:29 - Oct 22 with 2548 viewsStreathamRanger

Dykes was everywhere today. Does a lot of great work when we're defending our own box. Beale said he was carrying a few aches and pains as well so fair play to him for cracking on with it with no fuss.

Field was excellent again. Gives such good protection to the back four. Tim is going to be one hell of a player. He covers the ground with the ball at such speed. Considering he's only had half a dozen first team games in his career, he's certainly one to watch. Hopefully villa go down and we go up and we can nick him off them.

Also agree with others who though Laird was a little off his best today. Certainly in the first 10-15 minutes he didn't really look all that awake. McLean definitely worked him hard and he stuck to his job. Love Lairds attitude.
Phew, that was nerve wracking. on 20:43 - Oct 22 with 2469 viewsted_hendrix

I wonder how much Wednesday nights game against Cardiff took It's toll?

The game against Cardiff and after the final whistle was a bit emotional regarding our Manager and the 'Is he aint he' bloody saga, I wonder If that had a bearing on our players minds?

Two home games at home in a short space of time although being the same for all clubs Is a big ask to get two perfect performances although we weren't that bad today just a bit off key now and again.

Just over a third of the way into the season, the better team won and we're currently top of the league because we deserve to be.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Phew, that was nerve wracking. on 21:17 - Oct 22 with 2296 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Phew, that was nerve wracking. on 19:35 - Oct 22 by Paddyhoops

Much as I love Dunney . I was very impressed with JSC today especially first half .
Glasgow Rangers must have some world beaters at centre half to deem Belagon surplus to requirements. He’s class !!

I thought JCS and Balogun both played well, 100%.

Just think it was Dunne's kind of game on paper, and we still won without him.
Impressive.

Phew, that was nerve wracking. on 21:25 - Oct 22 with 2248 viewsVancouverHoop

Phew, that was nerve wracking. on 20:43 - Oct 22 by ted_hendrix

I wonder how much Wednesday nights game against Cardiff took It's toll?

The game against Cardiff and after the final whistle was a bit emotional regarding our Manager and the 'Is he aint he' bloody saga, I wonder If that had a bearing on our players minds?

Two home games at home in a short space of time although being the same for all clubs Is a big ask to get two perfect performances although we weren't that bad today just a bit off key now and again.

Just over a third of the way into the season, the better team won and we're currently top of the league because we deserve to be.

MB implied as much in his post match interview.
Phew, that was nerve wracking. on 21:27 - Oct 22 with 2228 viewsterryb

I thought that today was the worst I've seen us play this season. We played far more foorball against Blackpool, Rotherham & Stoke than today, but we won! I'm happy to take that any day of the week.

The victory was earned by hard work & everybody giving their all. The relief at the final whistle on & off the pitch was there for all to see. We won't always play well, but if we can always show this spirit, that will do for me.

I purchased a ticket for the trip to Norwich today. My first away trip since Covid reared it's ugly head & I can't wait for it. I hope all of you going to St Andrews on Friday have a great night.
Phew, that was nerve wracking. on 21:30 - Oct 22 with 2207 viewsdmm

I watched Clarke-Salter quite closely today as I've been interested that he's usually top in match stats for aerials won but is the smallest of our four CBs.

He did indeed come out on top in the majority of his duels in the air, racking up 11 aerial wins which was the most of any player on the pitch.

He seems to time his leaps to perfection winning duels against players taller than him.
Phew, that was nerve wracking. on 22:39 - Oct 22 with 2032 viewsMatch82

Phew, that was nerve wracking. on 17:38 - Oct 22 by BrianMcCarthy

If we're going to do more of this being on top of the table lark, we will still have days where we play below par. On those days the possible outcomes are simple: play poorly and drop points; play poorly and find a way to win anyway.

Today without Willock and JoJo we managed the latter. That'll do, Pig.

Not sure id say we played poorly today, thought we were great first half. Definitely lost momentum in the second and hanging on a bit at the end, but over the course of the 90 I thought we deserved the 3 points
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024