Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Real or fake? 14:58 - Oct 25 with 3848 viewshubble

Does anyone else imagine that when the physio rushes onto the pitch and kneels by the injured player, the first thing he whispers in the player's ear is: real or fake?

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Real or fake? on 15:27 - Oct 25 with 3371 viewsNorthernr

If the Peterborough physios believed their players were genuinely injured at any point of that league game with them at ours last season they should have their license removed.
Real or fake? on 15:36 - Oct 25 with 3324 viewsBoston

Anyone else have their hopes raised this was going to be a thread about human parts?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Real or fake? on 15:42 - Oct 25 with 3315 viewsNorthernr

Real or fake? on 15:36 - Oct 25 by Boston

Anyone else have their hopes raised this was going to be a thread about human parts?

Kind of is.
Real or fake? on 06:01 - Oct 26 with 3081 viewsnix

Who was that team last season who'd used all their subs and then when someone had a leg injury they made him go back on the pitch and feign a head injury (they were literally shouting at him to grab his head) so they could get an extra sub?
Real or fake? on 09:36 - Oct 26 with 2939 viewshubble

Not sure who that was, but I reckon clubs need a cheating coach these days. There should definitely be someone to show players how to dive realistically, some of the attempts are embarrassing. Of course I'm joking. Kind of.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Real or fake? on 09:38 - Oct 26 with 2928 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Well, when JoJo actually went off last week I was genuinely amazed.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Real or fake? on 09:40 - Oct 26 with 2914 viewsTheChef

Boobs?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Real or fake? on 09:41 - Oct 26 with 2913 viewsdannyblue

Real or fake? on 06:01 - Oct 26 by nix

Who was that team last season who'd used all their subs and then when someone had a leg injury they made him go back on the pitch and feign a head injury (they were literally shouting at him to grab his head) so they could get an extra sub?

Rotherham? Shameless.
Login to get fewer ads

Real or fake? on 09:45 - Oct 26 with 2897 viewsNorthernr

Real or fake? on 06:01 - Oct 26 by nix

Peterborough. Scandalous really. Football's got a world of legal pain coming its way over historic head and brain injuries - group action just launched against rugby league by a host of former players. And then you've got club/medic/player behaving like that to get themselves an extra sub, 3-1 up ten minutes left.

I've come to the conclusion, largely through watching trained medical professionals troop onto the pitch to collude in the allusion that there's anything whatsoever the fck wrong with Brice Samba, that we're getting to the point where we need an independent doctor at games.

Again, RL has brought this in recently, because you had clubs leaving players on with bad injuries because they needed them to get a result, and also players faking head injuries to try and milk penalties and red cards out of opponents. Now, in either case, if the club doctor doesn't bring them off, the independent doctor can intervene and demand they're removed for 15 minutes. I think something like this might be starting to have merit in our sport too. You want to sit down, demand the game's stopped, walk to the side, and sprint back on? Sorry mate, independent doctor requires a check, off you pop for 15.
Real or fake? on 09:57 - Oct 26 with 2851 viewscpgerber

Compulsory concussion check like in rugby. Would stamp out the fake head injuries and will surely help to prevent players playing on that are really injured.

If a player goes down clamping his head, that's a compulsory concussion check.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2022 9:57]
Real or fake? on 10:06 - Oct 26 with 2821 viewsNorthernr

Real or fake? on 09:57 - Oct 26 by cpgerber

Compulsory concussion check like in rugby. Would stamp out the fake head injuries and will surely help to prevent players playing on that are really injured.

Sadly I think I'm starting to agree with you. The faking and cheating is now just too flagrant and too frequent, and the referees are (rightly) terrified of doing anything about it.
Real or fake? on 10:11 - Oct 26 with 2794 viewsWokingR

Unless there is anyone on here who has actually walked into a physios and come out again 3 minutes later all fixed, then there is actually a very strong argument for removing them from matchside altogether. They are simply buying time for a player to decide whether the pain is easing or if they are able to play on and nobody needs a physio to tell them that
Independent doctor for medical emergencies/head injuries is more than sufficient and all injuries should be immediately removed from the pitch. We'd soon see how much treatment anyone needs when the game is going on without them and their team down to 10
Real or fake? on 10:12 - Oct 26 with 2790 viewsterryb

I don't think that would help late in games. Substitutes are allowed for head injuries in both sports & by the time the concussion check was completed the match would be finished.

I assume that a retrospective caution could be given to the "injured" player, but you would need grounds to effectively call the player a cheat.
Real or fake? on 10:50 - Oct 26 with 2723 viewstoboboly

Real or fake? on 10:12 - Oct 26 by terryb

I don't think that would help late in games. Substitutes are allowed for head injuries in both sports & by the time the concussion check was completed the match would be finished.

I assume that a retrospective caution could be given to the "injured" player, but you would need grounds to effectively call the player a cheat.

Isn't that where the concussion subs becomes farcical though? You break a leg you have to come off but an extra sub isn't allowed. I don't understand why for some reason concussion isn't treated like other injuries - you should get a normal sub opportunity or you wait for the concussion check and it is bad luck that you are down to 10.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Real or fake? on 13:24 - Oct 26 with 2583 viewsTGRRRSSS

In rugby it's happening a lot, but it's simple the ref says - ok you get off the pitch come back when your ready and we'll carry on.

Most people should be able to see when genuine injury is occuring but this stopping tactically in all sports is starting to gate
Real or fake? on 13:51 - Oct 26 with 2539 viewscpgerber

Two issues here really.

a) Time wasting, which is easy to fix by just stopping the clock for every stoppage (also like rugby does).

b) Protecting players from head injuries and the issue surrounding subs for that, which is discussed above.

My suggestions to "copy rugby" does not come without a new set of challenges, but I think with some tweaking the general concepts are good.
Real or fake? on 13:52 - Oct 26 with 2530 viewsNorthernr

Real or fake? on 13:51 - Oct 26 by cpgerber

Two issues here really.

a) Time wasting, which is easy to fix by just stopping the clock for every stoppage (also like rugby does).

b) Protecting players from head injuries and the issue surrounding subs for that, which is discussed above.

My suggestions to "copy rugby" does not come without a new set of challenges, but I think with some tweaking the general concepts are good.

On 1), the bit that annoys me is there are existing rules around time wasting, kicking the ball away, delaying the restart. The referees choose not to enforce them.
Real or fake? on 13:55 - Oct 26 with 2519 viewsNorthernr

Real or fake? on 13:24 - Oct 26 by TGRRRSSS

In rugby it's happening a lot, but it's simple the ref says - ok you get off the pitch come back when your ready and we'll carry on.

Most people should be able to see when genuine injury is occuring but this stopping tactically in all sports is starting to gate

One of the knock on consequences in League, and again sadly this is trained medical professionals involved in it, is play has to be stopped if the doctor is on the field - doctor in a red shirt different to the trainer/physio - and frankly some of the incidents of doctor on the field are becoming very suspicious indeed. Team breaking down field, opponent busted, obviously a try coming, but lo the doctor is on the field in back play so we're stopping.

I don't think there is a perfect answer to any of this. It's very dispiriting because it's wrecking the two sports I love watching most.
Real or fake? on 14:07 - Oct 26 with 2485 viewsstevec

Doesn’t a clock solve this whole issue?
Real or fake? on 15:15 - Oct 26 with 2395 viewsJuzzie

Been going on for years. John Fashanu at Wimbledon back in the crazy gang days made a really bad tackle on a player and rolled around feigning injury. Physio came on and Fash said to him "get me off quick before I get f****ing sent off". Ref saw through it and sent him off.

Source: my brother knew the phsyio.
Real or fake? on 16:56 - Oct 26 with 2269 viewsPinnerPaul

Real or fake? on 13:52 - Oct 26 by Northernr

On 1), the bit that annoys me is there are existing rules around time wasting, kicking the ball away, delaying the restart. The referees choose not to enforce them.

PLUS the other line in the laws routinely ignored:- "Players should not be treated on the field of play."
Real or fake? on 17:16 - Oct 26 with 2244 viewsDorse

Real or fake? on 09:40 - Oct 26 by TheChef

Boobs?

Post of the Year.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Real or fake? on 17:39 - Oct 26 with 2205 viewsLblock

But it's within referees gift to sort of do this now anyway.

Physio comes on = you go off.

The player cannot then re-enter the field until the ref signals he is okay to do so.
The refs need to have the balls to say -- you've hurt your head, I'm going to call you back on in a couple of minutes just to make sure you're okay..... delayed concussion can be a bitch.

It would cause absolute uproar and absolute joy I think.

I'm all for it.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Real or fake? on 09:54 - Oct 27 with 1952 viewsfrancisbowles

Real or fake? on 13:51 - Oct 26 by cpgerber

Two issues here really.

It's not just the time though. It's the deliberate break up of play and then doing everything they can to delay and frustrate as well as getting back in shape themselves.

Adding time on is part of it but won't stop it. Tougher deterrent action is needed, like the referee moving the ball forward if trying to delay the restart as well as enforcing existing laws on treatment off the pitch and kicking the wall away.
Real or fake? on 16:40 - Oct 27 with 1866 viewsrrrspricey

A simple way to stop all the feigning is to continue play while the "injury" is treated. There's no need whatsoever to stop play when a player goes down.

Same can be said for substitutions,
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024