Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ainsworth - the coach 05:49 - Apr 16 with 8059 viewsHammersmithR

He had the right attitude as a player. Always gave his all. Clearly did a fantastic job at Wycombe in his decade there. He would have been considered for many Championship jobs but in that decade no one came in for him. That’s pretty telling. I don’t know who else made the shortlist for our job but it must have been very bad if Ainsworth got the job. I know his hands have been tied on various aspects but my word his tactics and in game management is from a pre-historic era. We get over run in midfield virtually every game but we persist continually with a 2 man midfield. We play with 2 lumps up front. The team is static. No one shows for the football. We are opened up so easily. We play centre backs at right back. I could go on. This bloke is well out of his depth. I feel for him. I’ve met him many times and he’s a good guy. But my word his coaching / tactical ability is appalling. We can’t change it now. The board have a tough decision to make in the summer. So much has to change this summer in various aspects of the club. I am not confident he’s the right person if the inevitable happens and we drop to League 1. Who knows where the slide will go for our club? Absolutely grim times for our club. We have managed 4 points in the whole of 2023. So dejected with QPR these days. League 1 won’t be easy at all.
Ainsworth - the coach on 05:57 - Apr 16 with 5291 viewsozexile

Surely even an under 8's coach would know if you're going to put Dozzell in a midfield 2 it's basically asking to get whooped.
Ainsworth - the coach on 07:48 - Apr 16 with 5135 viewsbongo_king

On the shortlist, I suspect it was a shortlist of one - Ainsworth. When a club is looking for the 4th manager in a year and has just fired one with a 3.5 yr contract after 12 games, there is unlikely to be a long list of people wanting the job.

Agreed the only box it looked like he ticked was fans favourite and its sadly proving that way.

As to what happens in the summer, god knows. To change again will mean ANOTHER big compensation payoff given GA has a 3.5 year contract - sure he loves the club but probably not enough tot waive that and nor should he IMO. Plus who knows who will be choosing the coach/manager in the summer - I suspect it won't be LF - who for all his faults and mistakes, is more likely to make a better (or less bad) appointment than the owners themselves may.
Ainsworth - the coach on 08:32 - Apr 16 with 5050 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

I posted on here when was appointed that my AFC Wimbledon supporting boss couldn't believe it when he joined us. Hoof ball and shithousing is what Wycombe were known for in L1. So I'm not surprised.

In fairness we have known on this board for months that the midfield is pathetic, but having 2 up front and lumping it is asking for problems. No point in a midfield though if all they do is watch the ball go sailing over their heads.

What is telling is that we have gone from playing pish ball at the back from the past 3.5 season under Warburton, Beale and Critchley to hoofing it. A blind panic appointment if ever there was.
Sad to say, but I think he's gone in the summer.

Wrong coach at the wrong club at the wrong time. What an omnishambles.
Ainsworth - the coach on 09:40 - Apr 16 with 4934 viewsvanrrrr

Not sure he is really a coach but more of a motivator but what ever it is clearly not working.

I do not buy this line that coaching is not the problem -- "Pep could not get a tune out of these players" ! - sure they may not ever amount to anything beyond 16th but tactics and shape and patterns of play are almost non existent. The implications on survival and attracting talent to the club are massive.

I'd hope there was a relegation clause in his 3.5 year contract but .....
[Post edited 16 Apr 2023 9:43]
Ainsworth - the coach on 10:10 - Apr 16 with 4836 viewsDejR_vu

When you’re asked about conceding goals and how to stop it, and the answer is “we have to defend better” you know you’re in trouble. OBVIOUSLY, we have to f@cking defend better, but HOW?

There was a clip from training where GA was shouting at them to be tight when they were defending. This isn’t under 10s football. You can’t defend by just being closer together. The defence is shot. This is a tactical problem at this point. What is happening further forward? What can we do to stop the opposition getting at the defence? How can we set up?

We CANNOT score for toffee, so we HAVE, to stop conceding.

When you’re flying, you let the opposition worry about you. When you’re sh1t, rule 1, stop the opposition playing. Match them up, smother them. Flood the Midfield. Pull Lyndon back into midfield, get 11 men behind the ball. Dig in, and do not give them an inch. You then try, try, to break quickly, when you get the chance. You do not take off your most creative player who also works his bollocks off. We need legs, as many that can run for 90 minutes as you can find.

He’s fvcked this. We’re incapable of winning and we’ve run out of games we can draw.

Edit: just looked at Huddersfield’s stats. 19% possession drawing against Blackburn, 25% beating Watford, 24% beating Middlesbrough.

It’s not fvcking rocket science. It’s exactly what he did to stop the rot when he was here for a few games before the spectacular JFH appointment.

[Post edited 16 Apr 2023 10:27]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Ainsworth - the coach on 10:19 - Apr 16 with 4790 viewsPhilmyRs

I’d like to know who’s responsible for the choice of GA as manager? Les has made mistakes but surely Gareth wouldn’t have been his call? There must have been some very pro GA supporters on our board, would like to understand their thought process for getting him in because it just didn’t make sense given the style of play we’ve been tying to follow over the last 3 seasons. Fair enough if you want to change that but not something that can be done with a quarter of the season left and players not suited to it in our ranks.
Ainsworth - the coach on 10:33 - Apr 16 with 4741 viewsJuzzie

I’m not defending the appointment but his name has been mentioned many times by fans over the years so plenty were in favour.
Thing is, I think we have now run out of ‘legend’ players who we’d want as a manager, I can’t think of any.
Ainsworth - the coach on 10:40 - Apr 16 with 4714 viewsJuzzie

Ainsworth - the coach on 10:10 - Apr 16 by DejR_vu

When you’re asked about conceding goals and how to stop it, and the answer is “we have to defend better” you know you’re in trouble. OBVIOUSLY, we have to f@cking defend better, but HOW?

There was a clip from training where GA was shouting at them to be tight when they were defending. This isn’t under 10s football. You can’t defend by just being closer together. The defence is shot. This is a tactical problem at this point. What is happening further forward? What can we do to stop the opposition getting at the defence? How can we set up?

We CANNOT score for toffee, so we HAVE, to stop conceding.

When you’re flying, you let the opposition worry about you. When you’re sh1t, rule 1, stop the opposition playing. Match them up, smother them. Flood the Midfield. Pull Lyndon back into midfield, get 11 men behind the ball. Dig in, and do not give them an inch. You then try, try, to break quickly, when you get the chance. You do not take off your most creative player who also works his bollocks off. We need legs, as many that can run for 90 minutes as you can find.

He’s fvcked this. We’re incapable of winning and we’ve run out of games we can draw.

Edit: just looked at Huddersfield’s stats. 19% possession drawing against Blackburn, 25% beating Watford, 24% beating Middlesbrough.

It’s not fvcking rocket science. It’s exactly what he did to stop the rot when he was here for a few games before the spectacular JFH appointment.

[Post edited 16 Apr 2023 10:27]

We do this with our under 8’s five a side! One game we went two down early on partly because we were pushing forward and got caught on the break but mainly because they were better so we basically played 4-0 formation rather than 2-2. Shored it up, stopped the barrage. I think we lost in the end but had we carried on as is it would have been a bigger margin.
It wasn’t about the result but getting the boys to understand how you have to adjust quickly during games.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2023 10:41]
Login to get fewer ads

Ainsworth - the coach on 10:41 - Apr 16 with 4704 viewsPhilmyRs

Ainsworth - the coach on 10:33 - Apr 16 by Juzzie

I’m not defending the appointment but his name has been mentioned many times by fans over the years so plenty were in favour.
Thing is, I think we have now run out of ‘legend’ players who we’d want as a manager, I can’t think of any.

Derry maybe? Agree lot of fans have mentioned him in the past but that’s where those with the responsibility of hiring need to do their due diligence and given the type of players we have and the style we play, to change it in such a short space of time was going to be difficult, if not impossible. Showing passion is one thing but you have to be tactically on it too and Ainsworth is failing there badly.
Ainsworth - the coach on 12:02 - Apr 16 with 4530 viewsCamberleyR

Loved him as a player but sorry he's been nothing short of an absolutely disastrous appointment. Personally if we had to change Critchley and let's be honest would we be in a worse position now had we stuck rather than twisted, I would have gone for Leam Richardson.

Let's face it, it's an itch we had to scratch getting him as manager but it hasn't worked out. Should we go down, sorry to say I wouldn't trust him to rebuild the squad with the right players.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Ainsworth - the coach on 12:26 - Apr 16 with 4433 viewsNorthantsHoop

You can't coach this lot, they are useless. Honestly they are the right bunch of posers and it has been a right shite show at home since the Burnley game, probably all season(only 4 goals at loft end). We are gettling mullered every game and it so frustrating watching teams just doing us over at home week in week out.
Ainsworth - the coach on 12:30 - Apr 16 with 4406 viewspaulparker

Ainsworth - the coach on 12:02 - Apr 16 by CamberleyR

Loved him as a player but sorry he's been nothing short of an absolutely disastrous appointment. Personally if we had to change Critchley and let's be honest would we be in a worse position now had we stuck rather than twisted, I would have gone for Leam Richardson.

Let's face it, it's an itch we had to scratch getting him as manager but it hasn't worked out. Should we go down, sorry to say I wouldn't trust him to rebuild the squad with the right players.

The last 14 months the whole club has been sinking and we have had 4 managers in that spell
The only one who managed to do anything was Beale , these players are not good enough and have the heart the size of peas , that’s on the DOF plain and simple plus 12 years of miss management from the board
We are going down with or without Critchley still being here
The best manager on a league one/two budget the last few seasons has been Ainsworth he needs at least 4/5 transfer windows to sort this Sh1t out just like Holloway did
What’s he supposed to do with the likes of Chris Martin and Tyler Roberts ?

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Ainsworth - the coach on 12:42 - Apr 16 with 4329 viewsRangersw12

With the type of football he plays is anyone else worried with the type of squad he will try and build!?
Ainsworth - the coach on 12:52 - Apr 16 with 4267 viewsslmrstid

You don't manage over 500 games by being a bad coach.

2 wins in 27 under 3 different managers.

35 defeats from 65 league games or whatever pathetic stat it is under the last 4 managers.

But sure this manager is crap, as was the last one, and if we had a different one it would all be fine.

Give me strength. The only people responsible are those who have been disgracing our shirt over the last 18 months and they all need shipping out.

If Ainsworth builds his own team and we're still crap fine. But until then...
Ainsworth - the coach on 12:52 - Apr 16 with 4266 viewsessextaxiboy

Ainsworth - the coach on 10:41 - Apr 16 by PhilmyRs

Derry maybe? Agree lot of fans have mentioned him in the past but that’s where those with the responsibility of hiring need to do their due diligence and given the type of players we have and the style we play, to change it in such a short space of time was going to be difficult, if not impossible. Showing passion is one thing but you have to be tactically on it too and Ainsworth is failing there badly.

We have to get away from the ex players / ex managers work experience scheme.

Give someone young with a decent record in the lower leagues and plays decent football in possession and solid organised defending a chance .
Ainsworth - the coach on 12:54 - Apr 16 with 4263 viewsblavod

Ainsworth - the coach on 10:19 - Apr 16 by PhilmyRs

I’d like to know who’s responsible for the choice of GA as manager? Les has made mistakes but surely Gareth wouldn’t have been his call? There must have been some very pro GA supporters on our board, would like to understand their thought process for getting him in because it just didn’t make sense given the style of play we’ve been tying to follow over the last 3 seasons. Fair enough if you want to change that but not something that can be done with a quarter of the season left and players not suited to it in our ranks.

If the DOF does not appoint a manager, what exactly does he do?
Ainsworth - the coach on 13:14 - Apr 16 with 4136 viewsTK1

He's had a mostly fit squad for the last couple of games.

He's looked at that squad and decided that the best use of it is a strict 442, with a centre back at right back, two big, one-paced target men, our two most creative players either playing as a left winger or on the bench. I don't know how he can watch that midfield two be outnumbered every week and not change it. Windmilling your arms on the side doesn't improve the numbers. Other managers must lick their lips, he's so one-dimensional. Thicken the midfield, make it harder to counter, to play around us. Get a point. It's so basic. He seems out of his depth.

What also worries me is that there will be a power vacuum this summer if LH/LF go. It's so important to have that DOF position filled as soon as possible as that rebuild will need extremely close oversight. Because if GA builds an Ainsworth-style squad and gets the boot, what will we be left with? And we cannot afford to have the absentee board in charge of decisions.
Ainsworth - the coach on 13:31 - Apr 16 with 4067 viewsPhilmyRs

Ainsworth - the coach on 12:52 - Apr 16 by essextaxiboy

We have to get away from the ex players / ex managers work experience scheme.

Give someone young with a decent record in the lower leagues and plays decent football in possession and solid organised defending a chance .

I’m not saying we should appoint him…was just flagging he’s one of the ex pros I could see us ruining and then there’s always Barton too which would probably result in me giving up
Ainsworth - the coach on 13:47 - Apr 16 with 4016 viewsessextaxiboy

Ainsworth - the coach on 13:31 - Apr 16 by PhilmyRs

I’m not saying we should appoint him…was just flagging he’s one of the ex pros I could see us ruining and then there’s always Barton too which would probably result in me giving up

I watched Bartons Fleetwood team batter Ainsworths Wycombe team in the playoff semi (but lose ultimately after a sending off ) playing some really good football.

Most of the support would not tolerate him here
Ainsworth - the coach on 13:52 - Apr 16 with 4008 viewsRangersw12

Ainsworth - the coach on 13:47 - Apr 16 by essextaxiboy

I watched Bartons Fleetwood team batter Ainsworths Wycombe team in the playoff semi (but lose ultimately after a sending off ) playing some really good football.

Most of the support would not tolerate him here

Rightly so the support wouldn't tolerate him

I would go for the ex Wigan manager Leam Richardson in the summer
Ainsworth - the coach on 15:49 - Apr 16 with 3831 viewsCamberleyR

Ainsworth - the coach on 13:52 - Apr 16 by Rangersw12

Rightly so the support wouldn't tolerate him

I would go for the ex Wigan manager Leam Richardson in the summer

I would have had him here after Critchley. He did a very good job at Wigan. Kept them up in L1 on the last day three seasons ago after taking over midway in the season and the following season they were champions. That's some turnaround.

Was unlucky to lose his job when Wigan pressed the panic button early with only half a dozen points separating the bottom three from mid table. Would Wigan be in any worse position now if they'd stuck with him particularly as he knows how to get out of the division below?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Ainsworth - the coach on 15:58 - Apr 16 with 3776 viewspaulparker

Ainsworth - the coach on 15:49 - Apr 16 by CamberleyR

I would have had him here after Critchley. He did a very good job at Wigan. Kept them up in L1 on the last day three seasons ago after taking over midway in the season and the following season they were champions. That's some turnaround.

Was unlucky to lose his job when Wigan pressed the panic button early with only half a dozen points separating the bottom three from mid table. Would Wigan be in any worse position now if they'd stuck with him particularly as he knows how to get out of the division below?

With all due respect what’s Leam Richardson going to do here with this mob

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Ainsworth - the coach on 16:10 - Apr 16 with 3708 viewsLblock

Ainsworth - the coach on 15:58 - Apr 16 by paulparker

To be fair you'd need to be a bastard merger of Jesus Christ and David Copperfield to do anything with this mob

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Ainsworth - the coach on 16:22 - Apr 16 with 3663 viewsdaveB

He's been a disaster and needs to go at the end of the season even if we do manage to stay up
Ainsworth - the coach on 16:26 - Apr 16 with 3650 viewsdaveB

Ainsworth - the coach on 15:58 - Apr 16 by paulparker

Not play Jimmy Dunne as a right back, maybe not make Chris Martin your captain and try and give one of your flair players a bit of confidence by giving them the armband and showing faith in them. Maybe play with a midfield once in a while.
Possibly have some sort of pattern of play when you attack, lots you can do with this squad other than shout about passion and effort

8 points clear of the drop when he came in, since then 2 teams have had points deductions and we're still going to get relegated.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024